Longmire Season 5

Netflix Renews Longmire for Season 5

Longmire will ride again.

Netflix announced on Friday that they had renewed the Western for a 10-episode Season 5, just seven weeks after the plucked-from-the-ashes fourth season debuted on the streaming service.

The Robert Taylor-fronted series originally ran for three seasons on A&E, then got put out to pasture in August 2014. Its third season had averaged 3.7 million total viewers and a 0.6 demo rating, down 16 and 45 percent from its sophomore finale.

Netflix does not disclose viewership numbers.

1. tazzy says:

Tears of joy………

• Joe Nero says:

In a serious life, where we day in and day out deal with our own pain and fears and disappointments, it’s wonderful to watch a cast like this work through their mostly unforgiving situations in such an American mythic way. Longmire deserves a strong run.
      every season has been better that the previous.

• Cheryl says:

I totally agree. Love that show. I never liked Lou Diamond Phillips but he is awesome in this show! All the actors are amazing.

• janicekucera says:

Tears of Joy!! I AGREE! So anxious for Season 5! Could you please tell me if they have started shooting it yet and when will it be aired? Thank you!

• Laura C says:

Last year filming began in March and aired in Sept. I am going to assume the same for THIS year. Sept can’t come FAST enough for me. Too long of stretch between seasons, they need MORE episodes. Looking forward to the resolution of cliffhanger & more adventures with Walt, Vic, Henry and the gang.

2. Donna Halper says:

Excellent move. Longmire is well-written and well-acted. Hats off to Netflix for supporting a very good program!

3. Lizo says:

Oh how great. S4 was really good.

4. CactusRose says:

WOO HOO! Although I already knew that – I have a friend who’s nephew is an extra and has been on set filming in Santa Fe. Either way – SO glad it’s coming back!

5. suzyku says:

Wonderful news!!!

6. jon88 says:

Excellent news!

7. Mari says:

Great news

8. cerelon says:

So very happy to see this coming back. Anyone who has doubts should just watch it already!

9. Oddie Plemons says:

Fantastic news!

10. Rozee says:

So happy! Longmire is such a well written and well acted show! I really enjoyed this last season on Netflix.

11. Will says:

Yes! Now get Barry Sloane to be a series regular.

12. JuluiaJ. says:

Excellent news !!!

13. DavidJ says:

I’m only halfway through the fourth season so far, but am really glad to hear it’s coming back! The show is still just as fantastic as ever.

14. Richard says:

Netflex thank you for renewing longmire. I was so sick when it got canceled by the network you folks saved it from. I love this program and I am sick of my shows getting pulled from TV, shows like Sanctuary, Lost Girl, Alphas, The following, The bridge, I could go on but I won’t.

Again Thank You

15. Murica! says:

Great news!!

16. JoAnne says:

Love Longmire. I was very disappointed when A&E pulled show. When l heard that Netflix was bringing the 4th season to life, I just could not wait. The show is outstanding with great characters. Thank you Netflix.

17. m3rcnate says:

Fantastic! S4 was solid. I was however shocked at the lack of difference between it on Netflix and it on AMC. Katee Sackhoff touted her character in the books as a huge swearer (cursing) and said on Netflix her character would be more like the books that way, well IDK about anyone else but I didn’t notice any more swearing than on AMC. Also the show before has been a little sexual, with Sackhoff being PG-13 nude and what not, I was expecting more of that..move the show from TV-14 on AMC to TV-MA (Language, Sexual images, Violence) but I haven’t seen that change. Oh well.

• Jlkajdflkadj says:

K, but the show wasn’t on AMC…

• Kim R says:

Why would you want to change an already fantastic show? We all loved Longmire. That is the reason for the joy that it is back, again. I will never understand why more swearing makes a show better. If it written well and the actors rise to the occasion, that is all that is needed.

• m3rcnate says:

Because in REALITY there is a lot of swearing, and a lot of nudity, and a lot of sex. You can watch censored content with no swearing and sex scenes where they are holding their bed sheets up to their chins as they stand in their bedroom alone with their lover and yet (hypocritically) totally be fine with all the violence and killing in this show…that is fine.
        But the BOOKS that the show is based on are not so censored. Specifically the character of Vic curses a LOT in the books, it fits her personality, she has a temper and a big mouth and very little filter and is from Philadelphia a rough city with a lot of swearing and hard personalities…Katee Sackhoff herself said she looked forward to the freedom Netflix provides to make Vic on the show more like on the books (specifically regarding the cursing).

• Laura otero says:

NETFLIX IS MY NEW LOVE! I love LONGMIRE, I get so tired of these reality shows and I’m sure I’m not the only one. We need more good, cop portraying shows.

• Kathie says:

Good shows don’t need bad language, explicit sex and violence to be popular. I avoid shows like that.
      I hope Longmire keeps up the good stories without gimmicks.

• m3rcnate says:

That is on you. If you read the books the character Katee Sackhoff plays is a very specific character, and one of her character traits is she swears a LOT. The character on the show already has the tempter and attitude, but hasn’t been true to the books. I only bring it up because Katee Sackhoff herself said that her character on Netflix would be written more like the books (more swearing) given the freedom Netflix gives.

• janicekucera says:

m3rcnate, I really don’t understand what you’re talking about ….. cursing & sexual….all I know is I LOVE IT JUST AS IT IS IN SEASONS 1, 2, 3 & 4 AND I PRAY IT DOESN’T CHANGE!!!! Thank you again, Netflix, for the 3rd time, for making my dreams come true! YOU CAN’T IMAGINE HOW MUCH I LOVE THAT SHOW!

• m3rcnate says:

I really enjoy the show too, but my favorite shows aren’t censored, they are closer to reality. I am not talking about going overboard or making the show trashy…but making the show closer to the books (where the character of Vic swears a LOT, it is one of her defining traits in the books) and adding some sexuality isn’t wild. Like I said the show has already had sex scenes and a shower nude scene with Katee Sackhoff.
        What I don’t get is people fine with characters killing people, beating people in the head with bats torturing them, seeing dead characters on the show (heads shot up with a shotgun) but the idea of cursing and nudity is OMG DON’T TRASH UP MY FAV SHOW!!!!!!!!!….so you are okay with murder and gore and bodies and cheating characters but cursing (everyone does it, especially cops) needs to be censored out of the show? Nudity (something we all experience daily) and realistic representation of sex (do you have sex with your bra and underwear on? when done do you get outta bed and wear a bed sheet like a towel so the person you just slept with can’t see you naked?).
        I’m not asking for gratuitous cursing or sexuality, but REALISTIC cursing and sexuality. I like shows that don’t censor stuff because the American public is full of prudes who love violence and guns but sex and nudity and cursing is taboo and wrong.

• johnhelvete says:

My mom is a big fan of the books and Vic cussing up a storm is something that is in the books, I get where you are coming from with your posts. I dont think it is correct to call it censorship though. There is also something to be said for continuity, seasons 1-3 had a certain level of language and sex, and now in season 4 Vic is going to start dropping F-bombs.

• Gern Blanston says:

It’d be kind of startiling if starting with season 4 it was Game of Thrones in Wyoming.

• m3rcnate says:

I get that, but on the flip side, the lead actress (Katee Sackhoff) was wanting it and expecting it, the freedom for Vic to be Vic from the books on Netflix. I am not saying this show needs to instantly turn into Banshee or Strike Back or GOT where every episode is full of nudity and a crap ton of cursing. My overall point was this show didn’t really seem to change at ALL with the move to Netflix, and I was surprised by that because from what I read I got the idea that it would, at least with Vic being more true to the books and what not. I think S4 on Netflix could have easily aired on A&E without the TV-rating needing to be higher.

• char says:

I hope not. It is a family show and i, as well as others, don’t need to have the foul mouths and raunchy acting. it’s nice to see a show made that all family members are offended while they’re watching something that doesn’t have to add this stuff in it to be good. When you have class, as longmire has had in the past, you don’t need to add a bunch of crap to it to appease people who think that cursing and dropping the F bomb and a bunch of nudity is what’s going to make the show. It might be some people’s reality to use and hear cursing all the time, but it’s not everybody’s reality. The show is excellent without that.

• Laura C says:

Amen, no cursing needed to make it more “realistic.: Not every one uses profanity or wants to hear it, and it does NOT make it better. Just because the other lemming shows use it doesn’t mean every show has to. Longmire is EXCELLENT without it. Using profanity just shows a lack of intelligence, vocabulary, and lazy writing.

• Guy Brent says:

Seems you have a problem that lots of nudity, sex and gutter trash talk would fix…they have a pill for that! Take a few!!

• So Happy! Great show! Smart move Netflix on picking this up, you will not be sorry. Yay.

• wolf says:

if it isn’t broke don’t fix it I love Longmire the way it is that is why I decided to get Netflix I didn’t have it until I heard Longmire was going to be on Netflix.

18. I am so pleased w/this announcement. Can’t wait.

19. Violet D says:

Best show on tv. Love the characters, music. I keep Netflix just for this show.

20. Donna Crystal says:

Season 4 was the best one yet!!! So happy to see that there will be a season 5.

21. Kim Rieck says:

YES I love this show

22. Ella Jasper says:

Wonderful news! Love this show! Great on Netflix!

23. Diana says:

I am so mad that a cable channel didn’t pick this show up. I can’t afford satellite for my tv and Netflix. Grrrrrrr. There are a lot of us that can’t have both. I loved this show.

24. Kathie says:

I was so bummed about Longmire getting cancelled last year. Just this week I started getting Netflix on my new smart TV. Tues. I watched the Season 3 finale, to refresh my memory, and the first 5 new episodes. Now on Fri. I am continuing with the rest.
    I’m so glad it’s been renewed for another season.

25. Kim R says:

Fantastic!

26. Kathryn A. Lininger says:

HOO-RAYYYYY!!!!!! Love “Longmire”! All the characters are great, and the stories keep me on the edge of my seat. THANK YOU, NETFLIX! You’ve made a wise decision by acquiring “Longmire ” and ordering season 5! Again, THANK YOU.

• janicekucera says:

Kathryn, YOU NAILED IT! You said EXACTLY how I feel….I’m on the edge of my seat too….the stories are EXCELLENT, & you REALLY have to pay attention! Again, Netflix, THANK YOU! Brilliant of you TO SEE A GREAT WINNER & pick it up!! Yay!!

27. janicekucera says:

I AM JUST DELIGHTED THAT LONGMIRE WILL RIDE AGAIN! THERE’S NOTHING LIKE HIM & THIS FANTASTIC SHOW! I LOVE WALT LONGMIRE!…I ACTUALLY PRAYED YOU WOULD DO THIS! THANK YOU NETFLIX, FOR YOUR WISDOM!!

28. Carol S says:

Fantastic news! Season four, watched on Netflix, in Ultra HD was wonderful (and without commercials). Way to go NETFLIX!

29. missviolet95 says:

The only reason I signed up for Netflix is Longmire. I thank you for season 4 & now season 5. Yay! :)

30. Bill Cokk says:

Longmire IS the new Gunsmoke….keep it going at least 20-25 years!

31. Elizabeth says:

Best news of the day!

32. Linda says:

A&E did not promote #Longmire well at all. They were too involved with their other shows.

33. Bill Cook says:

Longmire IS the new Gunsmoke! So keep it going for at least 20-25 years!

34. BrianR says:

Excellent since they left it at another cliffhanger.

35. Nola Martin says:

Every night when there wasn’t something really good on television we would watch another episode of Longmire, Season 4. Since there isn’t a lot of really good shows on, we went through the season pretty quickly. How about making 16 episodes for a season? Longmire fans would be thrilled!

36. Denise C. says:

Love Longmire. Thank you Netflix.

37. Mary says:

Wonderful news. Longmire is a great show. Hope he gets together with the psychologist.

38. A. D. says:

Awesome Netflix!

39. garryfish says:

Great show! Happy to see it renewed. Just hope we do not have to wait a year to see the new season.

40. Lisa says:

Love it! Can’t wait for season 5 and more!

41. SusieT says:

Thank you Netflix for renewing Longmire, love the series…………….

42. glen says:

Love the show. But can’t watch now

43. mary says:

Thank you for renewing (Longmire) my most favorfite show also for your support .tytyty

44. Ann says:

Great drama which is very well written. I will stay with Netflix as long as LONGMIRE is available. All my friends are watching it. Looking forward to next season. Ann

45. Jackie says:

hats off to Netflix for knowing what good quality viewing Longmire is. A & E lost out on this one big time.

46. TJ BRADY says:

I’m a huge fan! The longmire series should be on the air. The no nonsense attitude of the sheriff is refreshing. Love love love the show. Thank you Netflix!

47. Heather says:

SO excited by this news – my fingers and toes were crossed!

48. YAY! One the most well written shows I have seen in a long time!