Midnight, Texas TV Series

True Blood Author Charlaine Harris Bringing Midnight, Texas to NBC

NBC is sinking its teeth into a potential new series based on True Blood author Charlaine Harris’ three-book series Midnight, Texas, TVLine has confirmed.

The logline for the project, which a Peacock rep says is in the “development” stage, is as follows: “Set in Midnight, Texas, the real world and the supernatural collide in a dangerous, sexy, place full of dark secrets and mysterious people. It’s a small town where asking the wrong question or overstaying your welcome could get you killed. Stop at the one traffic light in town and everything looks normal; stay a while and learn the truth.”

The first book in the series, Midnight Crossroad, was released in 2014. The follow-up, Day Shift, arrived in May. The third, Night Shift, is due in 2016.

EW.com first reported the news.

Fringe alum Monica Owusu-Breenis will pen the pilot and serve as an EP alongside David Janollari.

1. Amy says:

NBC is having a hard time getting supernatural stuff to work out long term. I would be concerned about this.

2. Shaun says:

Harris isn’t a very good writer,is the series decent?

3. Lizo says:

Cool! I like Harris’ work so I’ll watch. Glad the True Blood show runners aren’t in charge though, cause it got kinda off the rails hahah.

• Ellinas1978 says:

Even though the piece says nothing about shorrunners, I believe the showrunners on True Blood changed and then it lost its way. Depends which ones they would hire.

4. herman1959 says:

From the book jacket, it looks like the story might be set in the 1950’s. I hope so because I love a period piece.

• DoctorWhoFanatic says:

Not even close to the 1950s. Sorry to disappoint. It’s still a pretty good book/series. Especially with all the connections to the other series she’s written.

Plus I can’t wait to see who they cast!!!

• Drew says:

It probably just looks that way because people on the coasts seem to think that Texas is some crazy, backwards time warp where everyone is racist. I’m not sure they get how many major cities exist in the state, or how much industry exists in the state.

5. Carol C says:

I’m a Harris fan though this series is my least favourite. Nevertheless, I’d watch it.

6. Pamela Ann says:

after how under the dome was butchered i’m not so positive about this, networks have to stop straying from the books too much it just causes problems 99% of the time.

7. AngelWasHere says:

Love this idea! I just hope they do it right and it doesn’t resemble any of the last few seasons of True Blood.

8. Laurie says:

I can hardly wait to see it! The book was fantastic AND they’re filming it here in New Mexico! I’m just starting to read the second book, then the third.