Wicked City Ratings

Ratings: Wicked City Premiere Matches Forever's All-Time Low

ABC’s Wicked City premiered on Tuesday night to just 3.3 million total viewers and a 0.9 rating (per finals), drawing a smaller audience than time slot predecessor Forever ever did while matching that dearly departed drama’s lowest demo number.

Even Forever’s own airing opposite Game 1 of the World Series drew 5 mil and a 1.2 — though this year’s Fall Classic opened with markedly bigger numbers. More on that in a bit.

Opening ABC’s night, The Muppets (4.3 mil/1.4) and Fresh off the Boat (4.1 mil/1.5) ticked up while Agents of SHIELD (3.8 mil/1.4) dipped a tenth.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

CBS | NCIS (16.8 mil/2.1) dipped a tenth while New Orleans (13 mil/1.6) and Limitless (7.6 mil/1.4) were steady.

THE CW | The Flash (3.4 mil/1.4) was steady, while iZombie (1.5 mil/0.6) ticked up.

NBC | Best Time Ever (4.2 mil/1.1) and The Voice (10.2 mil/2.6) each dipped a tenth while Chicago Fire (7.8 mil/1.9) rose 2 percent and three tenths to deliver its best numbers since April 7.

FOX | The World Series opener drew 14.9 mil and a 4.6, up 22 and 35 percent from last year’s Game 1 and giving Fox its best Tuesday since February 2012.

1. Al says:

Oh god the forever fans are gonna start complaining that it shouldn’t have been cancelled

2. Mary says:

it look like that the gossip boys are gone!!! this is just bad

3. Erika says:

10 pm on ABC is a curse!But will ABC cancels Muppets,FOTB and AoS?Because 1.4. is not good.

4. I wish cancelled network TV shows could be revived in syndication as tended to happen in the 80’s (i.e. Fame, Baywatch, etc), then maybe cancelled shows like Forever could be brought back.

5. Ram510 says:

That really sucks about Wicked City cause I really enjoyed the first episode and was excited for more

6. Mr. Tran K says:

The 10 pm Tuesday night time slot is still a black hole for ABC.

• Boiler says:

ABC had a show a few years ago called Body of Proof which performed better than anything they have tried since. Dana Delaney said they would regret it and they should be. Agree with an earlier poster, a replacement isn’t necessarily better

7. Nicole says:

Fresh off the boat was really funny last night. Was a really good Halloween episode!

8. Coach Taylor says:

Like I have said before…..EVERYTHING IS GETTING CANCELED! (with sarcasm if you couldn’t tell) PUSH THE PANIC BUTTON!

9. Beau says:

Good riddance. We don’t really need shows that popularize mass murdering and serial killers as “entertainment” these days.

• Julia says:

That is the exact reason that I didn’t watch…other friends said the same.

• ninamags says:

Completely agree. Had no interest in watching this ridiculousness. Call me a prude but the previews looked like that kind of show would better be served by being on one of the pay channels. Then you could show as much as you wanted. Gore, nakedness, whatever.

It’s a shame they chose the 80’s decade because I do love the music.

10. Jason says:

So happy iZombie ticked up. I hope this means more people are tuning in. :)
    (and I feel bad for Agents of Shield. This season has been sooooo good.)

11. Sivaro says:

Bummed that Agents of Shield didn’t get a ratings boost from all the extra promotion this week. (Not that it matters for the show’s renewal odd- definitely getting S4) but it would have been a nice message to the higher-ups that they can take a few risks with story and have it pay off. Great episode in any case!

• tvjunkie says:

Extra promotions? Can’t say I noticed that.

• Sivaro says:

Yes, extra promotion in that Elizabeth Henstridge did a lot interviews with various media outlets promoting her solo effort in the episode. And I saw plenty of commercials signaling out this week for its Simmons-focus, but I still watch Live TV so maybe I was the only one that noticed?

12. NZ says:

Of course The Flash is losing viewers. No WestAllen = no one cares about Peppermint Patty.

• tvjunkie says:

It’s losing viewers because so far this second season isn’t as good as the first season, which is not to say it’s bad, but Arrow has been better so far.

• NZ says:

I don’t disagree at all that this season has not lived up to the promise of the first. All the joy and fun seems to be gone. Stuffing yet another doomed-to-die love interest in the middle of Barry and Iris just makes it worse.

• Patrick says:

It needs Harrison back. Even before we knew he was evil, he was integral to the show. It added something with his presence that is decidedly lacking this year. And I disagree about the West/Allen pairing. I am looking at two paper weights on my desk that have almost immeasurably more chemistry than West and Allen. Frankly, I like Frost and Allen more than West and Allen.

• MFL says:

I thought they said Iris was going to be useful this season…anyway it’s early days…

13. Joe says:

The hell with Forever , the best show that Abc cancelled in that time slot was Body of Proof, it did better in the slot for 3 years than any crap that came after it , it skewed too old for them that’s why they cancelled it , and it came back and bite them in the butt

14. Bring FOREVER BACK !!! and why in the hell did you Cancel BOP i will never understand that !!!

• Patrick says:

Due to a variety of union deals and syndication rules, after season 3 a network show’s costs skyrocket. Literally, they increase by a tremendous amount. If there is not projected to be a huge demand in syndication, there is no reason to continue the show. The second iteration of the show, in S3, with the new castings, were what should have been in place from day 1 of the show. If Mark Valley had been the male lead from day 1, that show might still be running. Not as a massive hit or anything, but a solid workhorse in a historically dreary timeslot.

15. curtlyon19 says:

tried to watch, got dull and confusing and found I didnt CARE what happened

16. Stephanie says:

Why on earth did they put FOREVER in the ‘black hole’ spot anyway? I know people are getting bored with the constant ‘BRING BACK FOREVER’ talk but it really was one of the most exciting shows I’ve seen in many years. It’s just dumb! Now to replace it with something as banal as this – which does worse??

• Nichole says:

I’m with you, loved Forever, great cast, great story, it had some issues but what first season show doesn’t have a few kinks that need working out. Was shocked it got cancelled. More shocked that this years cop/ME team up Rosewood got a full season order. I know it’s not the same as Forever in concept, but that male female cop/ME team up is there and not even close to the level of Forever. Shame as Morris Chestnut is such a good actor, certainly worthy of something better then the Rosewood, can’t blame him for taking the work, just feel it’s a waste of his talent.

17. Sheri says:

Do you hear that, TV executives? We don’t want more shows about serial killers.

18. N says:

I miss Forever!

19. Ryan says:

Who’s Ed Westwick? He was on Gossip Girl? I’m not entirely certain about ABC’S promotional tactics, but I saw one that highlighted him…which didn’t really make much sense.

20. Joe says:

With Wicked City Tanking I’m happy they moved Quantico to Sunday instead of Tuesday

21. Tricia says:

I haven’t watched yet, but I still can’t wait to catch it tonight!

22. kmw says:

Good for FOX they have baseball to get them some good numbers besides Empire. Also very nice that Chicago Fire went up

23. Kansas Blutbad says:

F***ing stupid. Who premiers a new series opposite the opening game of the Worlds Series? As dumb as premiering “Zero Hour,” a highly serialized show on Valentines day. Viewers have lives. They are not chained to their idiot boxes. At least not as much as you TV execs dream they are.

• Ronnie says:

Agreed. The network cannot be surprised that no one is watching up against a high rated sports event. And next week’s numbers will be just as bad or worse if there is a game 6.

24. KC says:

This show’s idea is terrible – isn’t there enough violence in the real world? Who wants to see it after working all day? Forever was much better – ABC doesn’t know what they’re doing!

25. Drewer says:

What no one wanted to see Chuck Bass murder a bunch of women? shocking.

26. Kathi says:

I’m tired of all the murder shows on, this is a crazy, sick world, our own cities and towns have their own stories of murder. Hope Wicked doesn’t make it, no offense to the actors, pick better roles.

27. Abby says:

Raise your hand if you’re surprised Wicked City did horribly…

28. robin says:

Of course. Forever was cool. Why do we need more serial killers?

29. Temperance says:

Wicked City might be decent, but the premise of the show is a really hard sell.

30. Ethel says:

Did ABC even promote this show? I found it by accident while channel surfing.

• Lily says:

Are you kidding? They promoted it ad nauseam on multiple networks until I was sick of the song, Tainted Love. And I use to love that song!

31. Cobra says:

I watched about ten minutes of the premier and turned it off. I was bored stiff.
    Though, by the end of its run, “Forever” wasn’t much better, to be honest.