Pretty Little Liars Hanna Fiancé

Pretty Little Liars' Ashley Benson 'Excited' for Hanna's New Romance

Caleb who? A newly released trailer for the second half of Pretty Little Liars‘ sixth season confirmed fans’ fears that future-Hanna is, indeed, engaged to someone other than Mr. Rivers — but you won’t hear Ashley Benson complaining about the big twist.

“I’m excited for her to have this new chapter in her life,” Benson tells TVLine, adding that she thinks it’s a “cool” change of pace for the series.

Benson also has a few thoughts about the now-infamous baby fake-out scene in the 6B premiere (airing Jan. 12 at 8/7c on Freeform), in which it appears that Hanna is the mother of a toddler — until it’s revealed that she’s merely watching the child for a fellow passenger on her flight.

“I was so excited when I first read that scene,” Benson says. “When I read on and realized it wasn’t hers, I was like, ‘No!'”

But even though Hanna isn’t with child — at the moment — Benson believes the five-year jump has matured her character to the point where motherhood could be a distinct possibility in the near future.

“She could definitely handle it now,” she says. “Maybe in Season 7!”

Hit PLAY on the latest 6B trailer below, then drop a comment with your thoughts: Are you holding onto hope for a Hanna/Caleb reunion?

1. Z says:

“Freeform” is still a really terrible name for a network.. whatever marketing genius that came up with that should be fired.

• Alexandra says:

It’s true. I was telling someone that the network had changed names, and I could not, for the life of me, remember what the name is. A lot of networks have inappropriate names. Bravo. A&E.

2. Katie says:

I will not accept Hanna and Jordan. Haleb all the way! And actually, Ashley has expressed that she is not happy about Hanna’s personal choices and has said that she is team Haleb.

3. Cas says:

Dislike!!!!!!!

4. Jayne says:

Put Caleb and Hanna back together NOW >:(

5. Jon says:

Am I the only one who prefers Hanna and Travis together, instead of Hanna and Caleb?

6. Willow says:

Ashley may say that she thinks Hanna’s new life is ‘cool’ but she isn’t happy her new romance. Ashley adores Tyler and loves Haleb. She almost outed at Comic Con twice that Haleb were not engaged by stating “I was actually really upset…” and “personal stuff I didn’t like” before being cut off by Marlene King. Ashley is annoyed, Tyler is annoyed, everyone is annoyed. Both Ashley and Tyler are rubbing Haleb in everyone’s faces in order to build up public opinion and show the writers some sense, all the proof you need is on their social media accounts. It honestly makes me so sad that Marlene chose to break them up instead of making them into the iconic tv couple they are/could’ve been.

7. Now the show can spend several episodes revealing how Hanna and Caleb get back together.

8. Shannon says:

Haleb is the one ship almost everyone loves. I thought they were moving to New York together! Caleb was going to work to put Hanna through college! Two people who love each other that much don’t just go their separate ways. There’s absolutely no point to this. Break Ezria or Spoby (love them both but still) up for the 100th time, fine. But this makes no sense.

9. Josh Bedford says:

NO! This is the only reason i dont like the time jump. SOOOOO many good things that have happened will not be there any more. LIKE ALL THE RELATIONSHIPS! .. I liked them

10. Britt says:

Omg Alison’s last name is now Rollins instead of Dilarentis!!!

11. Line says:

Aww I hope hannah gets her happy ending. But I don’t think Aria should be with Ezra no matter how much they been thru. She deserves better

12. Hiya says:

Haleb forever….Marlene please bring Hanna n Caleb back…..

13. rebecca says:

I’m ok with this because it just means that we will get to see Hanna and Caleb reunite later on!

14. Deresha says:

I hope Hannah and Caleb will not break up I love them as a couple. If they do break up I hope they will find their way back together.

15. AK says:

There is a lot of Caleb and Spencer together in that promo. I am wondering if they are together in five years time.

16. HVM says:

Hey writers, go back to school. Know when to finish a good thing before you’re hated.

17. Maddy says:

I have faith that Caleb will be her one and only in the end honestly. She found her way back to him even when she was with travis. I love caleb and hannah they have amazing chemistry, I really hope they are together in the end. But if they dont I will still watch, I think people are being a little dramatic when they say they wont watch it anymore just because hannah isn’t with caleb.

18. Tillie says:

I can’t believe haleb is over:( please get back together:( only couple I like :( it would ruin pretty little liars if they was separated one minute Marlene says they are together and expecting a baby now she’s with someone else just giving us fans falus hopes the show is just going to be so corrupted and boring