Reign Ratings Season 3

Ratings: Reign Slips to Series Low

Opposite what would be the deciding game of the American League Championship Series, The CW’s Reign this Friday drew 930,000 total viewers and a 0.2 rating, dipping a tenth in the demo to a series low.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

ABC | Last Man Standing (7.2 mil/1.2) hit a season high in audience, though both it and Dr. Ken (6 mil/1.2) ticked down in the demo. Shark Tank (6.3 mil/1.5) inched up 7 percent and a tenth.

CBS | The Amazing Race (6 mil/1/1) was flat, Hawaii Five-0 (8.4 mil/1.0) dipped 8 percent and a tenth (again tying its all-time demo low) and Blue Bloods (10.3 mil/1.2) rose a tenth.

NBC | Undateable (2.6 mil/0.7) — which is just so fun to watch, being live and all, that I wish Hulu also hosted the West Coast version — slipped 16 and 22 percent, while Truth Be Told (2.3 mil/0.6) was down 11 and 14 percent.

1. Goldenvibefan says:

Holy moly, Reign’s gonna get chopped soon, with those ratings. Good to see Last Man Standing doing well.

• Reign is a season from syndication,one of few CBS owned/produced shows on Czw left with ANTzm,BatB ending,CEG on its way to cancellation,and Fri has lower ratings ratings expectations and Netflux requires four seasons/proper endings so Reigns likley to be renewed

2. Jamie says:

So glad Reign’s ratings are dropping… Laurie McCarthy is a moron who drove her once semi-popular show into the ground. Hope she never gets another showrunner job again. The actors on that show deserve so much better.

3. ninergrl6 says:

Sad for Reign. Other than Bash’s seeming uselessness, I’m loving this season.

4. JeniLee says:

argh i wish Undateable had at least held the ratings from last week. CRAP! :-(

5. ninamags says:

Well, since spoilers indicated that Francis would die, maybe not a lot of people wanted to see that. I was surprised how quickly Lola and Narcisse got married. Her dress was stunning.

It’s too bad that now that Catherine is out she will make life miserable for them. Narcisse actually came out looking good in this episode. He helped that dumb girl. He can be good if he wants.

That dance that Mary and Francis did was heart-breaking.

• cuius says:

“…since spoilers indicated that Francis would die…” Shouldn’t that read “history shows he died, age 16, after two years of marriage, and reigning for one year”

Another spoiler – a series concludes with a big bang in August 1945!

• Kay says:

Yes, historically, he died but this show has already thrown the history books out the window so they don’t necessarily need to stick to it.

• misty says:

I agree with you. I did not want to see Frances die. Since Frances is gone it is not going to be worth watching anymore. Him and Mary’s love is what made it interesting to me.

6. BrightLight says:

I couldn’t even watch Reign last night due to high school football. After it finally ended, they showed LAST WEEK’s episode of Reign and a repeat of Crazy Ex Girlfriend’s premiere episode. I guess they were trying to make up for only showing 20 minutes of episode 302 last week by showing it all this week, but they didn’t show this week’s episode period.

7. Amelie says:

Well. Like one of you already said… we know Francis is dying and who want to see that?! Not me… i’m out. Sorry.

8. Bill Lawrence said both feeds would be on the NBC website. Sure enough, they’re both there on the front page. You’re only out of luck if you’re in a blocked region.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Ooh, that is new then. Thanks!

• Win says:

Thank you so much for posting this! I wasn’t aware. I really enjoyed watching the additional one so that I could see the things that are supposed to stay the same as well as things open to ad-libbing.

9. Bella says:

Time for CBS to cancel H50. Even Blue Bloods is doing better.

10. Katelyn says:

My power was out, due to the storms, during the time that Reign aired, so I was not able to watch it, though I wanted to. I love this show and wouldn’t have missed it if I have electricity.

11. Jeffrey says:

I had no idea it moved to Friday’s until today! Thats what they get when they keep dinking with the schedules!

• Carla Krae says:

Reign has been on Friday all season and this was the 3rd episode.

• Eleah says:

Even with my dvr set to record a series I have before missed a shows new season beginning,sometimes missing several episodes, due to a time or day change. .
        Directv when we had tivo years ago, didnt use to miss shows ever. .didn’t matter if it was a new time slot. .our sinew sports show ran late. .it recorded the show. . I hate the latest dvrs. Have a few shows that are set to begin early and end recording 30 mins to an hour late cause they so often start late..

12. MFL says:

Good for Dr Ken. I’m enjoying it and I’m glad it’s retaining well.
    With Reign, Francis’ needs to die soon so the depressing cloud can just move along. I’ve been crying in every episode since beginning of this season. Hope the numbers will recover after that.

13. Sarah j says:

So is no one watching the CW anymore? I do not watch Reign but the The Originals and TVD are slipping too. Not sure how Arrow and The Flash are doing.
    H50 is still doing the best in its time slot.

14. CJ says:

Matt, NBC.com has both versions of Undateable! I wish more people were watching because it is so much fun and such a nice way to cap off the work week.

15. Television says:

I love Reign!!! I won’t miss a single episode. This show could go on forever.

16. tabitha b says:

Should have left it on Thursdays. Changing the night is always a nail in the coffin.

17. Dina G says:

Hopefully the writers will ditch the history books & save Francis for the sake of the show….

• Ninergrl6 says:

If they left Francis around, it would just be more of the same. Killing him off (or following history) opens up a lot of storyline potential. Too bad they’ve sidelined Bash so much. Francis’ death could be the opportunity to revisit Mash.

18. Boiler says:

Can’t feel at all sorry for the CW. Their decision were awful and they have only 2 or 3 shows that do OK. Are they trying to run it into the ground?? Maybe since people toss out the overseas argument they just start showing their stuff there. Why would advertisers here want these shows

19. Francis should have been killed sooner imo. Perhaps at the end of S1. The span of the show would have become greater sooner, instead of building this epic love between two characters who realistically had nowhere near this kind of relationship. Its hard for me to get behind Mary tbh. But I am glad Francis is getting a decent send off after he was an utter idiot all of last season. Lola and Narcisse, Leith and Claude are currently all thats keeping me coming back.

20. Elaine says:

What do They expect since moving it to Friday night and killing Francis!

21. Sharee smith says:

Sad, I’m sad I love reign. YES!! history is gone out of the window on down to the music. The song they play while Mary danced with the king was modern up to date.I hope it will return.

22. Billybobby says:

I actually have liked the show. Surprised more people don’t watch it. Better than MOST things on broadcast network TV. I suppose it could be better.

23. Dalynn says:

I love Reign. It’s one of the few shows on tv that’s worth watching. The actors and actresses draw people in and you begin to feel what they feel. That is something I find very rare these days. The acting is just beautiful to watch. People are upset with some of the historical liberties that have been taken, but it’s done for entertainment purposes. That is the point of this type of show. The writers have stayed on target with most of the significant historical facts. If they didn’t take the liberties they did the show wouldn’t be a series it would be a 2 episode special on the history channel. The story lines they have used do not and are not meant to tarnish the understanding we have of the people portrayed but make them more relatable. We don’t see them just as these vague royal historical figures but as real people that could’ve possibly been in those situations. No one can say for sure.

24. Mr. Tran K says:

It could be three seasons and done for Reign.

25. Sayre says:

I love Reign! It’s too good to get chopped. Plus, too much of the story remains untold!

26. tko says:

Of course the ratings are going to drop – you’re killing Francis for God’s sake! I hope the producers realize what a terrible mistake they’re making. They barely gave Francis and Mary more moments together! Once Francis is gone, I’m done with the show. I bet a lot of people feel that way as well.

• Irina says:

Francis isn’t dead yet, and most people even don’t know he will die in the near future, but the ratings still sucks. IMO people just aren’t interested in plots. Me personally – I hate Frary, and making everything about them in REIGN made me stop watching since 1×13. Show won’t lose anything by killing off Francis, since ratings were awful since the moment Mary married Francis.

• Anne says:

I agree with you. Now that Francis is gone I’m done watching the show. 😠

27. Kristina says:

I love Reign but agree with a lot of viewers that killing of Francis takes a lot of enjoyment out of it. Yes, yes, it’s historically accurate and probably has to happen. Maybe, as some have said, they should have written him out earlier so we didn’t get so attached to him and Mary. But they didn’t and we (or at least I) did, and it’s hard to root for what you know is a tragedy. We like our happy endings.

28. jjrose says:

No please, don’t cancel Reign!! So sick of loving a show just to have it get cancelled! :( Does anyone know if watching a show after airing (on your phone or tablet via there website) counts towards their ratings?

29. Jennifer says:

I watched regin for the fairytale love story. Never missed an episode. Im sad to say me watching regin died with francis.

30. Alyssa Sutch says:

Now that Francis has died, there’s no reason to watch the show anymore. I’m out and I’m sure many other people feel the same. The writers are idiots.. and they have literally drove their show into the ground. Used to LOVE this show, but I refuse to watch anymore now that he’s gone. Peace.

31. sasha says:

Don’t cancel Reign! Love the show!!!!

32. geneb says:

In killing off a central character and ending the love story between Francis and Mary, the writers of this show took a way the one thing that kept viewers begging for more. I hope that they can find a way to write Francis back into the show, otherwise it should be cancelled.

33. shrishty says:

i really hope they do something like mary going back to scotland to bring up the ratings or a frary baby… i know they didn’t really have any kids so the baby could be unrecognized by the church or something

34. shrishty says:

35. Ruthie says:

It doesn’t matter if the ratings are low, extremely low. I still believe there’s hope for more seasons of Reign to come. DON’T GIVE UP!!!