The Flash Killer Frost

The Flash: Killer Frost's Full Look Revealed in New Photo From The Talk

Is it cold in here, or is it just this epic first second look at Danielle Panabaker as Killer Frost on The Flash?

The photo — taken during the filming of Season 1 — was formally unveiled Friday during Panabaker’s appearance on CBS’ The Talk, during which the actress discussed her excitement about eventually reprising the villainous role we saw briefly in May.

“I’m such a girl, and I loved getting dressed up in that look,” Panabaker told the panel. “We started working on the look a couple of months before we shot. Our first suit was a one-piece, kind of like Catwoman, but it didn’t feel quite right. So we changed it to be a top and these really cool leather pants. And the hair was awesome; it started as this short, little pixie wig, and we just kept adding more and more hair. It’s great, I’m really excited.”

She also admitted to getting “jealous” of her male co-stars for getting to “suit up and duke it out.”

Your thoughts on Killer Frost’s full look? Hopes and fears for her return? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. aa says:

I hope this is the Earth 2 Caitlin, since I really, really enjoy Caitlin as a character and don’t want to see her turn against her friends.

• Jenny Wine says:

^ THIS ^ (maybe some tragic backstory with Jay)

• I really hope this one too. Earth 2 Caitlin, not the one we have now.

• John says:

As soon as they introduced the Earth 2 conceit, I became certain that was the route they would go. I’m glad for that.

• Marina says:

I can see it working either way. If she’s from Earth 2 I hope they make her a substantial villain(i.e. not a villain of the week), giving Danielle the opportunity to play two very distinct roles.

Or tell the story of “powers come at a cost”, while Barry plays an awesome hero, there hasn’t really been any story of the negative effects of having powers. A story about Caitlin resisting becoming Killer Frost (her powers compel her to feed off of the lifeforce/heat of other people) and showing its the person, not the powers, that make the hero.

Essentially making her a sort of tragic anti-hero…hmm…thinking about it I feel like the story would turn out to be “superhero” Elsa, lol, right down to the ice powers. All in all I think it would be cool to have a female meta on the team, I just don’t want it to be a boys club with Barry, and presumably Cisco and (returning) Ronnie out in the field and Caitlin behind the desk. She can’t do what Felicity does, so she’ll essentially be reading off biometers…give the girl some powers and have a story where she transforms from Killer Frost to Ice (a different ice based DC hero).

• Matt says:

they showed the negative effects of having powers many times, especially with the plastique episode, or the guy who had to keep eating electricity. are you not watching the show properly?

2. Sammy says:

But is she being adapted to be a real villain or just a misguided meta who comes to terms with everything and start helping out. Does this also mean Ronnie is gone forever or will she rekindle a romance with the new firestorm?

3. She looks fantastic. But we need her to be Earth 2. Her Earth 1 character is getting better and better.

• Patrick says:

She and Barry have way more chemistry than Barry and Iris. Sort of like Felicity and Ollie as opposed to Ollie and the Canary.

• John036 says:

The chemistry between Barry and Caitlin is much more platonic than the romantic chemistry between Barry and Iris, in my opinion.

• Radha says:

What does this have to do with her being Killer Frost? Just wondering. It’s like you had to go and throw in your two cents on which woman should be with Barry just because.

• Brigid says:

I don’t see any romantic chemistry between them but I do see chemistry with Caitlin and Jay and Ronnie can stay gone too. Also don’t see the romantic chemistry between Oliver and Felicity either.

4. Kate says:

I hope they don’t punk out and make her from Earth 2.

5. Christy says:

OMG!!! I looooove it. I love her! So excited for Killer Frost.

6. ndixit says:

Judging by some stuff I read, I think Killer Frost will be some alternate universe Caitlin Snow. I don’t think the show will want to lose the good Caitlin Snow. At least not yet. As for the look, I dig everything barring the wig. It looks very fake.

7. Achille says:

She looks amazing. The costume has so much details it’s great. I can’t wait to see her but I hope it’s not in S2, there are already so many storylines and new characters, Caitlin should get a big focus for this arc.

8. Joe massie says:

I really am getting sick of shows that have nothing to do with the genre of fantasy sci fi / super heroes getting scoops like this I mean when I think of comic book fans I automatically think hmm this will really appeal to middle age woman demographic or stars wars and screaming giants fan talking about endor and the millineum falcon I could think of several shows that would appeal to the comic book demographic that would love to show the star wars preview first or have first look at New superheroes and villains. In fact if u think how big the “nerd/fanboy-girl demographic has become why don’t we have a mainstream talk show for stuff like this. I mean wouldn’t the stars wars preview have been seen by more of their potential viewers during agents of shield or flash or something like that

• Katie says:

Dude, what are you even talking about? Seriously, is this even English?

• Mike R says:

No, the Star Wars preview definitely would not have been seen by more viewers of it was shown during AOS or Flash. Sure would have given those shows a huge uptick though. Sorry that your poor comic shows are being enjoyed by women, like get over yourself.

• Drew says:

Star Wars isn’t for geeks. It is pretty much as mainstream as you get. I understand and kind of agree with your comment, but mainly for the truly geeky things. Once something is a mainstream hit, your argument doesn’t make sense.

9. Drew says:

Well, now we know where Laurel’s wig went.
    I’m curious to see what they do with her, but we have already had a character go bad, so it would suck to see another one go. I’d be fine if this was Earth 2 Caitlin.

10. Joey Padron says:

She looks good as the villain. Can’t wait to see more of Killer Frost in season 2.

11. Jess says:

Love it!! I can’t wait!!

12. HomelandSux says:

So, this means that Caitlin is leaving the show. Every time The Flash fights one of these villains, they die. The Flash is turning into quite the serial killer here.

13. Amanda says:

She looks great as Killer Frost!!! My guess too is this is Earth 2 Caitlin. I’ve even seen theories that Jay fought this version of Caitlin though I don’t think he’d be that friendly with Earth 1 Caitlin but he would know the difference, or her name could even be Louise if they are going with that version of Killer Frost. I agree that I don’t see Earth 1 Caitlin ever becoming Killer Frost. She just doesn’t seem that way. To me it makes sense there is another version from Earth 2 and she’ll show up at some point freaking all of them out.

14. Spence says:

I think (and hopefully) that Earth 2 Caitlin is Killer Frost. I mean, what would Earth 1’s motivation be behind being a villain at this point? They’ve had a 6 month time jump since Ronnie’s “death”, so if she was going to go down a dark path due to his death, I feel it would’ve already happened. They’ve shown no indication of her getting darker, as a matter of fact she’s been getting happier and lighter in recent episodes. It would be really out of left field to have Earth 1 Cait be Frost now.

15. A. D. says:

She looks Awesome!

16. cOOL look. caitlin has never will thought of being #META-HUMAN till now. But now she rocked..

17. Can’t wait to see how this unfolds. :) Wells said that both he and Caitlin had powers, so I want to see what happens there.

18. BillUSA says:

Danielle is a treat to look at and villain or not, I’ll feast my eyes upon her.

19. Luis says:

It’s an excellent look – very hot (pun intended!) I love all the speculation as to whether Killer Frost will turn out to be Caitlin’s Earth-2 doppelganger or whether our Caitlin was affected by the explosion, like Cisco, and her metahuman ability has yet to surface. Both ideas have merit as future plot lines, with plenty of complications that could embroil “Team Flash” (not the same resonance as “Team Arrow,” eh?) Looking forward to seeing Danielle’s villainous turn.