Grey's Anatomy Ratings

Ratings: Grey's Rises to Best-Since-Season Premiere Numbers

Grey’s Anatomy‘s dinner party from heck was well attended on Thursday night, drawing 9 million total viewers and a 2.4 demo rating (per finals), up 8 percent and a tenth to best-since-premiere numbers.

Leading out of that, Scandal (8.3 mil/2.5) and How to Get Away With Murder (7 mil/2.1) both ticked up.

RELATED Read Recaps for Grey’s, Scandal and HTGAWM

Elsewhere in the ratings….

FOX | Bones (6.1 mil/1.2) ticked up a tenth while Sleepy Hollow (2.9 mil/0.8) held onto its lows.

NBC | Heroes Reborn (3.8 mil/1.1) and The Blacklist (6.7 mil/1.4) were steady, while The Player (4.2 mil/0.8) rose a tenth.

THE CW | Vampire Diaries (1.2 mil/0.5) and The Originals (950K/0.4) each dipped a tenth to tie series lows.

CBS | Thursday Night Football (15.8 mil/5.4) was up 15 and 20 percent vs. last week’s CBS/NFL Network totals.

1. Matt says:

It’s so crazy how Grey’s is pulling higher ratings in season 12 than Scandal’s season 5 and HTGAWM’s season 2. Same with Bones’ season 11 vs. Sleepy Hollow’s season 3! Never underestimate a loyal fan base.

• Coach Taylor says:

That….and the fact its 8pm versus 10pm for a show like HTGAWM still incredible though. All I did last night watching Murder was what the ratings would be like in the morning. Hate to see this show tank and get canceled its so good

• Phlerg says:

Do you really think it could be cancelled? Its one of the best shows on tv, I’m surprised it doesnt have the numbers.

• Coach Taylor says:

I don’t think so (fingers crossed), I can’t see them canceling it one year after Viola won an emmy but we have seen networks to crazier things

• KayCeeCee says:

Why would the cancel it? It has one of the best numbers in the demos and it can’t be that expensive to make.

• Ron says:

Even if the ratings have been declining week-to-week and it’s down from season 1, nobody with half a brain in charge of renewals/cancellations over at ABC (or any station) is going to cancel a show that is pulling in a 2.0 demo rating.

• herman1959 says:

Scandal still bested Grey’s in the demo which is, unfortunately, what the networks go by.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

SCANDAL always tops GREY’S in the demo, while HTGAWM until recently would regularly tie GREY’S.

• MFL says:

For a 10pm show HTGAWM pulling a 2.0 is incredible…but I wish it’s numbers would go higher tho. More people need to tune it, no sophomore slump for this show, season 2 is even better than season 1.
      I last watched Grey’s the season Cristina left but I still love knowing the show is doing well. Maybe one day I will catch up with it.

2. Mike B. says:

sad for heroes… I like it. any chances for a renewal? what do you think matt? it’s not as good as, for example, daredevil… but still. original content and I dig it :D

3. Eric7740 says:

TGIT!!!

4. Mr. Tran K says:

NBC had quite a Thursday night. Heroes Reborn was so emotional (RIP Quentin), Blacklist continues to be the show I’m still hooked on and The Player had its best episode since the pilot and finally we get to see Wesley Snipes kicking butt (BLADE is back).

5. Heh says:

I’m not surprised- Grey’s haven’t been this riveting since the plane crash. This season has been really freaking good so far.

• Mandy says:

I agree. I think this season so far is the best in years.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

What’s odd is everyone was going to quit watching, yet this is GREY’S 3rd largest audience in the past 10 episodes.

• herman1959 says:

Maybe now people realize, after Patrick Dempsey’s team made 2d place at Le Mans, he was serious about racing and wanted to leave. Therefore, Shonda didn’t “fire” him, she ALLOWED him to leave.

• LC says:

I actually think the point here is that it matters not why Dempsey left. He’s gone and Grey’s doesn’t need him to continue succeeding! People should realize that!

• Lorna says:

Have to ask…………………….do you know who were babysitting Meredith’s three children? Hope they were lost in the attic :)

6. zac says:

TGIT killed it last night. Solid episodes.

7. Jon says:

Loved Grey’s Anatomy. That episode was by far the best one I’ve seen in a while. And I think the actress playing Penny did a really good job and so did Ellen Pompeo. Kudos to them, and kudos to Grey’s, pulling numbers like this after 12 years, it’s gold. HTGAWM was also good. Sad to see it not doing better, although the stories are getting way too intertwined. Does anybody know how many epiosdes there are going to be this season? Matt?
    As for Sleepy Hollow, it was a good episode, but c’mon, Fox, cancel it already and put it and us out of misery.

8. LILY says:

I’m glad Bones is still solid.

9. Brian says:

Poor Sleepy Hollow. It deserves to be doing better. And go Scandal! I’m really enjoying this season.

10. Allison says:

Last night’s Grey’s is the perfect example of why I’ve stuck around for 250 episodes.

11. I’m enjoying both Scandal and HTGAWM. The Player has also hit its stride. The promo for next week looks really good.

12. Karrie says:

Wish Amelia would take it down a few notches she’s soooo irritating with all the screaming, and how she makes everything about her all the time

• Lez Liquor says:

Nope she’s just in her feelings. I reacted the same when my brother passed except I can’t get close to the lady that killed him

• Karrie says:

What’s the excuse for her behavior before his death and also on Private Practice? She’s always been over the top and immature. Owen deserves better than that. Hope this is short lived or Kevin leaves at some point bc he is being wasted on this show

13. Anthony says:

My poor sleepy hollow:-(

I’m loving the addition of joe! Although betsy ross is totally out of place as a regular and Pandora so far is a boring villian.

• herman1959 says:

Thank you. I’ve tried, but have no interest in Pandora, although it could be the actress who plays her – I just haven’t liked her in anything I’ve see her in. And, every time Betsy shows up the action just stops for me. One of them needs to go.

• Anthony says:

Yes it’s the actress she comes off like a discount Catherine Bell playing the good witch as evil.

And let’s not even start with Betsy Ross……Horribly miscast and not necessary as a regular character. Both need to be dismissed before the season is over.

14. agus says:

I AM LOVING THIS SEASON Of Grey’s and I loved that dinner party from hell haha!
    Can’t wait for next week. AND LOVEING HTGAWM too!!!

15. Scotty2hotty says:

The Player UP!!! WOOOOOO!!!!

16. Shaun says:

Can someone interview the lady that plays Penny?

17. What pisses me off her is a great show like Sleepy Hollow gets put against Blacklist & Scandal. I’m not giving up Scandal. I wish Fox would move it back to Monday.

18. kmw says:

Wow I have to admit I didn’t see Grey’s hanging in this way. ABC had a good night Good for Bones as well. Poor Sleepy Hollow is probably lucky to see a 1.0 with the crossover I know FOX likes it paired with Bones but they paired well when they were on Monday, Thursday has been brutal for them. NBC may have been steady but those aren’t great numbers. I don’t think we will see another year of Heroes

19. Jr33544 says:

Who still watches this crap. I used to be a big fan, couldn’t miss an episode. The last 2 seasons it has taken such a shift to the left it’s become nothing g but a poorly veiled political soapbox. I can’t und et stand how it hadn’t been canceled

20. Karen says:

because they used derek, all the people who turned it on for him will drop it again next week