Castle Fart Season 8

Was Castle 'Toot' Much? Homeland Too 'Crazy'? Is Ichabod Too Funny? Your Fall DVR Deletions? And More Qs!

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Walking Dead, Jane the Virgin, Nashville and Scandal!

1 | Did the lack of promotion for the return of Satisfaction feel like USA Network was wishing we’d forget they renewed the show?

2 | How big of fans of “Robert R.J. Roberts” could Jessie’s Ravi and Emma be if they didn’t know A) his Tournament of Scepters adaptation was filming so soon and B) their own parents were producing it?

3 | Why, why, why does Saturday Night Live keep bringing back Kenan Thompson’s violently unfunny Willie on Weekend Update? And under the heading of “Changes We’d like to See,” why has Beck Bennett been so underutilized this season?

The Walking Dead Wolves4 | Walking Dead-heads: At what point did you throw up your hands and say, “I can’t even with Morgan’s ‘So what if the Wolves are slaughtering us, let’s let them live!’ crap”?

5 | Did any Leftovers viewers ever imagine that Meg could become as scary a villainess as Patti? Da-amn! Also, anyone else want to talk about this week’s full-frontal male nudity? No one? OK, as you were.

6 | How do the most stalwart Good Wife fans handle significant NFL delays — by recording CSI: Cyber as well (and hoping your DVR doesn’t judge), or by manually adjusting the end time?

7 | We love Homeland‘s “Crazy Carrie” episodes as much as anyone, but did this week’s bipolar relapse feel a bit contrived? Given all of the enemies Carrie has made over the years, what made her think going off her meds and staring at a bunch of photos would yield a smoking gun?

8 | Do Quantico‘s training montages (such as Alex’s pre-dawn workout) just make you feel kinda fat, lazy and,Jane the Virgin Rafael Michael you know, bad about yourself?

9 | After this week’s Jane the Virgin, do you wish Jane could date both Michael and Rafael?

10 | Shouldn’t somebody on Scorpion have acknowledged the obvious parallels between the Case of the Week and the movie Argo?

11 | In the name of fixing an otherwise terrific Castle episode: What’s another way Rick could have forced “The Nose” out of her home, instead of [wince] farting?

12 | Why did Mindy Project‘s Danny, the most cynical of all that show’s characters, blindly accept that that teenager was his son? Also, he had the car cleaned before giving it to the kid, right?

13 | Was it jarring to see The Flash’s Iris go right from fielding the emotional bombshell that her mom is alive to battling John Diggle in a Guitar Hero commercial?

14 | Why aren’t any of the Kappas on Scream Queens unmasking the Red Devil on the multiple occasions that they get him incapacitated?

Nashville ABC15 | Did this Nashville scene immediately make you think — as some TVLine readers did — of an ED medication ad?

16 | How did Arrow‘s Double Down — sans the use of any hidden elevator — follow Felicity and Curtis down to the (secret) basement lair so quickly? Also, as TVLine reader briggslianyublog pointed out: Wouldn’t Malcolm resurrecting Sara put Thea’s life in jeopardy, since his daughter is the one who killed her?

17 | What happened to Empire‘s Scheming Rhonda — and how can we get her back? Also, raise your hand if you’re pretty sure Adam Busch’s Chase One didn’t shower, change his clothes or comb his hair from the time we met him photographing Jamal through his infamous “brushwork” on Michael. And mild ratings erosion aside, are you pleasantly surprised that the show has, at least thus far, managed to avoid any hint of a sophomore creative slump?

18 | Um, did we miss a previous Modern Family episode where Claire became utterly incompetent and unlikable at her job?Heroes Reborn

19 | What’s with everyone having objects shoved up their noses, Heroes Reborn?

20 | How perfect a storm of Grey’s Anatomy improbabilities — Penny didn’t research the Grey Sloan hospital board? Callie didn’t mention whose house they were going to? — had to happen for Meredith to get blindsided by the unexpected guest? And considering all of the patients the Grey Sloan docs have “killed” over 12 seasons, isn’t it a tad preposterous that not one of them jumped up to console Penny after Meredith and Amelia’s ugly, immature, over-the-top evisceration? Lastly, time check: Didn’t Derek die nearly two years ago?

21 | Sleepy Hollow‘s Ichabod as comic relief: too much this season, or just right?

22 | Predictions as to where Scandal‘s newly unemployed Lizzy Bear will land? Will she round out Liv’s revamped Gladiator squad?

23 | Of all the cockamamie theories kicked around on How to Get Away With Murder, was Frank’s “screwin’?” — in response to Annalise saying she caught Nate and Wes together — the flat-out funniest? Also, can we get the number for Connor’s hairstylist? (That coif was on fleek!)90210 Dixon Adrianna

24 | Should we really be that surprised to see 90210‘s “Dixon” in an Adele video? He has always had a thing for singers.

25 | Which new fall series have you already booted from your DVR?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other questions you care to throw out!

1. Mike B. says:

25.) all of them, except for the grinder, the muppets and scream queens

• Ginger89 says:

Those are the ones I have on my list- except The Grinder. I’m trying to give that a chance. I liked the last two episodes more than the first two.

2. deb says:

#21-Ichabod Crane becoming a bit too much of a comic relief so far this season. Tom Mison is brilliant at playing the comedic parts. But this really doesn’t seem like the Ichabod Crane character at all.

3. skrable2 says:

Instead of farting, Castle could have over-sprayed a breath freshener or any other aerosol type product, since The Nose had already demonstrated an aversion to such things. Or, if they had to go for the cheap laugh, take off a sock.

• John NYC says:

Socks would have been great. The odds of him having an aerosol in his pocket, I’d thought of an overwhelming men’s cologne sort of thing, might have been too slight: but the socks would have brought the funny without the cringe.

Not enough to ding an otherwise fun episode though.

4. tallsy says:

1. That and all the episodes are immediately streaming and on Friday nights. I actually think what little Satisfaction marketing there was, was pretty good.

14. Don’t we already know that one Red Devil is Boone, and the Red Devils are controlled by Nasim Pedrad’s character. Is all this about who is the other Red Devil?

19, Carlos is the dumbest character in TV history. Poor Ryan Guzman tries to get a character out of this, The Boy Next Door, and probably Jem to no avail.

5. LK says:

One of the advantages of living on the west coast is not having to deal with football overruns.

6. James says:

The Grinder and Scream Queens.

7. Ryan says:

Does this Castle season, that they think will bring it back to its former glory, count as a new show getting the boot from my DVR?

8. Ugh says:

21. TOO MUCH. Oh my GOD, TOO MUCH! What the heck are they DOING to that character? STOP IT, SLEEPYWRITERS!!! STOP IT!

9. Jane says:

25) Blindspot, Quantico, Rosewood, Code Black, The Player, all of the comedies. Heck I guess I might as well say all of them except The Bastard Executioner and Scream Queens. On top of that I’ve dumped Once Upon a Time, Castle, and Bones and a couple of others so I actually have less shows to watch than I did at the beginning of the season.

• Sheila says:

Blindspot, minority report, code black, grinder.

• Temperance says:

Most of the new shows never made my DVR list. Rosewood, Grinder, Blood & Oil, the Muppets, all of the comedies… they were duds from the previews and the full pilots were horrible. The Player was so absurd (despite a fantastic cast and great production) I quit that. The last of the CSIs, the last of the NCIS, & The Good Wife also got dropped.

10. #9 while I’m team Rafeal if we get into Felicity/Dawsons Creek land here were she can’t decide and becomes wishy washy I’m going to lose all the respect I gained for the Jane Character last season. The one who made strong, tough decisions and stuck to them. Plus I really don’t like it when I don’t get to see characters fall in love, when a show starts with them in love (there is a show but I can’t think of the name right now) and I’m just expected to believe it. I prefer to watch a relationship to develop over the show to really show me why they are in love. So, far I haven’t seen why Jane should chose Micheal I just keep being TOLD it.

• Steven says:

Um huh? I’ve SEEN why Michael is the one for Jane. All I’ve seen Rafeal be is, a jerk, a drunk jerk, mean why Michael has been nothing but great to Jane.

• Sheila says:

All Michael says is that he has known her longer. So what? Raf just needs time. Michael wanted to get Mateo aborted or give him to evil Petra. Yuck! If Michael was not a cop, nobody would need him. He belongs with his stalker ex.

• Steven says:

uh people can change their thoughts. Also A. at first , when you find out your fiance is no having your baby would freak you out for a bit. B. Petra is evil but not evil enough to harm a baby. C. Michael is a cop, so what?

11. Pia says:

25. I want to hear TVLine’s answer!

• Daphne says:

Hahaha I was gonna comment the exact same thing!
      For me, it’s Scream Queens, Heroes Reborn and Quantico… I’m still keeping Limitless but I haven’t watched a single episode yet.

• Pia says:

I’m enjoying Limitless. Will probably boot Code Black and Blood & Oil (haven’t watched a single episode of that one). I’m behind on everything though. Dang X-Files 201-day rewatch.

• cej says:

I dumped Scream Queens but kept up with Heroes Reborn. The first few eps bored me but I kept going and I decided I can stick with it for its limited run. I love Limitless and was surprised that I do. Give it a chance. Also dumped Minority Report before I watched.

12. Rachel says:

8- yes, totally yes lol
    9 – oh God no….Rafael all the way. Michael is really becoming annoying
    16 – I also wondered how DD got down there
    25 – limitless and minority report

13. Scream Queens Minority report Grinders Limitless. I wondered the same thing on arrow how did he know where the stairs were and shouldn’t Thea be a little worried.

14. LADY_in_MD says:

Claire has always been unlikable at closets from the first episode when she started there and tried to be everyone’s friend even when Jay told her not to be and then there was another episode when Mitch comes to help and tries to be all cool with everyone while Claire has to make the tough calls but then he doesn’t like being so relaxed and does the dirty work for her like telling people they smell and don’t dress properly

I keep going back and forth each episode from team Michael to team Rafael ugh it’s too hard to choose!

15. Ram510 says:

1) and also the fact that the entire season is available OnDemand. USA clearly isn’t going to keep Satisfaction around after season 2 and didn’t want to waste time and money promoting it.
    25) all of them except Quantico

• johnhelvete says:

As mommaknowsbest points out below, USA has promoted Satisfaction quite a lot on the channel. I don’t completely buy the “they put the entire season OnDemand, that means there is no way the show is getting renewed” argument.

• drhenning says:

Especially since watching OD you still get commercials. Obviously the Aquarius experiment this past season was beneficial to that show since even though its ratings later in the season sunk, it got renewed… My gut feeling is this fairly expllicit for USA show got stuck on Fridays late so it could be that way and offering the full season On Demand and Streaming with commercials might work. it’s the NetFlix/Amazon season dump approach..

16. Mommaknowsbest says:

1. Lack of promotion for “Satisfaction”?? Are you kidding me? You must not watch USA as much as I do; they self-promoted the hell out of that show!

• MrMank says:

That’s what I felt. I thought, maybe I just caught the few times that they did promote it, but no, there were at least one or two ads each time I’d watch a show.

• cej says:

I was going to same the same! It’s torture watching USA with the constant promos for shows that aren’t airing for two months. When the Christly ads come on, we have to change the channel! Satisfaction ads are awful also.

17. Win says:

4. I’ll just say this: I’m really going to need them to do some Deadsplainin’ in that Morgan flashback episode in order to see what has him that respectful of human [garbage] life. Until then, I won’t shout “character assassination” from my chair and I’ll just survive somehow.

25. Dr. Ken. There are some other shows that I wish I would stop watching *cough*Heroes Reborn*cough* but alas, I do not possess the (admittedly minimal) strength required.

18. MrMank says:

4) Yeah, I’m not buying Morgan’s character. He’s been out there too long and seen too much. I mean, I know how easy it could be to lose your humanity in the zombie apocalypse, and it’s good to have characters who still view life as precious, but enough is enough. Just doesn’t ring true.

• Lexi says:

Thank you. I’m not buying it either. Something is off about Morgan. Let me watch you wolves hack these nice people up but I will spare you.. Morgan and stupid brat Ron which one is soooo irritating.. it’s a tie..

19. Amy says:

#25 Bastard Executioner

• Daisy F. says:

I’m right there with you (though I couldn’t make it through the pilot episode). I just didn’t buy some of the actors in their roles and some of the sets/effects were laugh-out-loud terrible. GoT it isn’t. :)

• Laura says:

Same. It was so bad and it wasn’t even *enjoyably* bad.

20. Mr. Tran K says:

7) Crazy Carrie is back but who knows if this season’s Homeland is going to be much better than last season’s bounce back.

• c-mo says:

They didn’t ask for the ones you want everyone else to delete, they want to know which ones YOU deleted. Just because you don’t like a show doesn’t mean someone has a differing opinion. See here in the US, we value differing opinions on tv shows.

21. Mr. Tran K says:

25) dump Blood & Oil, Rosewood, Life in Pieces, Minority Report, Dr. Ken and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend from your DVR.

• c-mo says:

• Mr. Tran K says:

I have no idea what you’re talking about. Otherwise I wouldn’t be crazy about a show that needs to end in the near future. On the other hand I won’t be able to apologize about the mean things I’ve said.

22. Drew says:

13 – I’m just glad that the Wests don’t have Lance-level drama every time a secret is revealed. I swear, Laurel and Quentin would be on the outs for months if she stole the last jelly doughnut.
    16 – The problem is that every scene that Felicity is in this year is completely nonsensical. I don’t know why the writers feel a need to write fanfic around her and put it on the show, but it’s horrible. Her business skills are ridiculous (did she just give an entire huge lab and the future of the company over to the guy whose own algorithm determined that he was amongst the least useful/productive employees of the company?!). Her tech skills have gotten cartoonish (she can hack into and remotely control machines that aren’t networked, but she shrugs off her obviously not-right cell phone as it spews Matrix code all over the place). And her action skills… the woman closed her eyes before spraying the room with machine gun fire. Is this even the same woman who took down a League assassin last year with nothing but the side of a spear? Wait, that was ridiculous too.
    The writers are making an effortless character like Felicity into a chore.
    20 – But seriously, where are the children?! There should be three children in Meredith’s house, but there never are! They’re never in the car when everyone drives off to the hospital (where their daycare is supposed to be). They’re not at the house when there’s a big dinner party. Meredith can take the time to feel broody about Penny and get drunk without worrying about her children waking up in the middle of the night? There is a big child neglect story in the words here, right?

• Kaliera says:

Also – wasn’t Zola supposed to have Spina Bifida? Didn’t they make a big deal about how Meredith and Derek were the best options for parents because of her medical needs? Did Derek miraculously cure her (like Izzy and the cancer?), because I am guessing a lot of other parents of kids with Spina Bifida is wondering why Zola doesn’t need a walker, wheelchair, physical therapy, constant surgeries, etc

• Marie says:

I was born with Spina Bifida in ’79 & it’s now curable in utero. In, I believe, the 7th month the baby is surgically removed from the womb when s/he has developed enough. Surgeons repair the spine and return the baby to the womb. I don’t watch .’Grey’s Anatomy’ but couldn’t resist sharing this news! It has been going on for years.

• Stacy says:

I didn’t watch the Zola storyline, but I would add that there are varying degrees of Spina Bifida. I’m not sure how severe they presented her case as. It is an oversight not to address it at all, for sure.

23. Patrick Maloney says:

5. I actually think Meg is a more terrifying villain than Patti was because she has more surprising danger to her.
    7. I thought this relapse was more well handled than the previous ones due mostly to the boyfriend being a nice counter to it.
    13. Those commercials are so cheesy… But I do like them better than the James Franco/Lenny Kravits one.
    16. You never know with Malcolm, maybe he is planning on setting Sara loose on Thea so she has to kill Sara (again) and fulfill her bloodlust.
    25. I dropped Scream Queens after the third episode (2nd to air) but I am catching up on the past two episodes and I am pleasantly surprised by how good they’ve been.

24. Sammy says:

Nothing about betty n how amazing she was on Bones.
    Betty was brilliant.

25. VJ says:

25. I really tried Limitless and Blindspot but they just weren’t for me. I find Blindspots characters highly unlikeable and Limitless just bores me. I loved Minority Report but I stooped watching after the ratings became so dreadful that a cancellation is imminent. Don’t watch comedies so those weren’t on my list… Hm, I’m still watching Quantico and I absolutely LOVE Code Black although it is probably cancelled too. Makes me sad.

• Pia says:

Convince me to catch up on Code Black before I deleted the episodes that are piling up. I did watch the pilot and thought it was just okay. I’m enjoying Limitless as a brainless diversion though so maybe are tastes are completely different.

• VJ says:

I´m just a fan of medical dramas and I love Raza Jaffrey ever since Spooks (I think it is called MI-5 in the U.S.?). There is just somewhat about Code Black that keeps me from fast-forwarding through the episodes – a habbit I developement over the last two fall seasons just because a lot of the shows weren´t as interesting. If you skip a scene or two in Code Black, you miss something. In this time I like if a television shows keeps me interested. I think I like the fast tempo and I like the balance between medical drama and character developement. Although, I have to admit, that last episode wasn´t soooo good and I understand why there aren´t a lot of people who watch it. It is nothing fresh and new about the premise to be totally honest. Maybe it is something for winter break althouh personally I hate to beginn series that get cancelled. I think until then there would be a decision if it gets a Back 9 order or not (not, is my guess…).
        Limitless as a diversion would probably work for me, too, I think. Maybe it would be less boring while I wash dishes or something.

• fiberlicious says:

I love Limitless, Code Black, Quantico and Rosedale. Limitless is getting better with every episode, CB is riveting (and I LOVE Mama), Quantico never boring and ….well…Rosie. Sigh.

26. DMCo says:

#21 Crane is hysterical and just right🎃. #25 Blindspot- it’s repetitious and over acted. Plus Jane is too monotoned.

27. Kim R says:

6. I’m in Canada so The Good Wife (and Madam Secretary) air on Global as well, which is not pre-empted. I set my DVR for that channel.
    11. Castle & the fart: The husband loved it. :)
    25. Heroes Reborn

28. Joe says:

25)scandal

29. MelB says:

20. There is no way if she was that caught up with Derek’s death, and got matched to his old hospital that she wouldn’t have found out everything possible about the people she would be interacting with. The show was finally moving past Derek and for some reason they made a desperate move backwards. At least that is how this ep felt to me.

25. Pretty much everything except Quantico (which I love) I might go back and continue Blindspot if I get bored, but really only because I am curious about the flashbacks. The characters do nothing for me. I was really glad it seemed like we would finally have a male female lead that could just be best friends. I thought the little sister feel would rule out the overdone will they won’t they thing. But apparently that is most likely still going to happen; which is disappointing.

30. Jake L. says:

25) I haven’t booted anything from the new season from my DVR yet (although didn’t add much to begin with), but I did boot Castle out of there after the breakup and haven’t looked back since.

31. Dr.bombay says:

4. I was hoping Carol would shoot Morgan or he’d get done in by the woman Carol left guarding the armory.

25. Scream Queens midway through the third episode.

32. dan says:

25) Haven’t dropped anything yet, but I stopped watching last week’s Limitless with about 15 minutes left. Just didn’t care. I like the lead character and the show has promise, but something is missing. I’ve considered dropping Quantico because it is exhausting to watch and I don’t really care about the characters. I keep giving it one more week. My teenage daughter wants me to add Supergirl (she is a Melissa B. fan) and I may add Life in Pieces when it moves to Thursday because I find it genuinely funny and embarrassingly realistic!

• Jamie says:

I am loving Life in Pieces! I know it’s a Modern Family knockoff but I find it more relatable, and consistently funny

33. Anna says:

23 – Yes. Yes it was. Genius one-liner!

34. A fan of TV says:

I was definitely curious about Morgan’s curious attitude towards machete-weilding murderers. Hope his upcoming back story episode makes it all make sense somehow…

• Lexi says:

I was irritated. Had a minister friend watching and he said turn the other cheek doesn’t mean you let someone beat the crap out of you

35. bryce says:

Is anyone going to ask why Meredith, Amelia, and Jo all have the same haircut? April’s and Arizona’s cuts aren’t that far off from the other there’s, either. I’m afraid they’re going to put Callie in it next!

36. Karen says:

25. Blood and Oil, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin, Grandfathered, Dr. Ken, Minority Report, Nashville, The Muppets and Heroes Reborn. Love Limitless, QuantIco and Bllindspot. Can’t wait for Supergirl. Still hoping Castle gets back on track.

37. lori says:

#25 Quantico-too much of a soap opera, not well acted.

38. Sam says:

Good Wife – Always record for two hours.
    Grey’s – The whole premise was absurd (even though Ellen P did an amazing job). I felt really bad for Penny… They all treated her like she was a repeat drunk driver that killed Derek and not a medical resident that made a mistake. I think April’s mistake from years ago was much worse. Also, I can’t take much more of Amelia. The actress does a great job, but the character is beyond grating and selfish.

• Lerbert says:

Agreed on the silliness of the collective amnesia in the room. As was pointed out, every single Dr. in that room (except Owen and Arizona I think) is partially responsible for some patient disaster–including the late McDreamy himself). Didn’t Amelia not show up for a surgery she was supposed to do on Private Practice when she was high? Maybe I’m reading too much into it but it felt like Meredith screaming at Amelia to “get out” was a wink from the writer’s room. I think the performances have been great so far this season but right now the various plot points and character interactions feel like a big jumble.

39. Jasper says:

I have a question: why does it seem like these judges are purposefully throwing away their steals and making bad decisions on The Voice? It’s a really deep bench of singers and it seems like the judges simply couldn’t care less about what goes down.

40. J.Norman says:

#18) I don’t think she has been portrayed as incompetent – at least in HER job, not Jay’s job – previously.
    The workers seem to have come around to her, but still the workers still generally consider her the bosses daughter and is where she is because of that.

41. Angela says:

#21: I think his comedic moments are fine so far :). If one does feel it’s too much, then perhaps it could be argued that he’s trying to keep things light to avoid dealing with the fact that he lost his wife and son last season, and might be overcompensating a bit as a result?
    #23: It was a clever guess, yeah. Anytime this gang discusses or jokes about sex, it’s pretty entertaining :p. And ha, yeah, I couldn’t stop staring at Connor’s hair, either. I don’t think that look would work on me, though, so…

42. Shar says:

Am I the only one who would watch a Shondaland show set in the TV station that’s featured on Scandal? Sally Langston and that wonderful White House reporter would make really good TV.

43. Eric Chism says:

Which new fall series have I booted? Limitless

44. chism47150 says:

I deal with the football overrun by watching OnDemand

45. christopher bee says:

1) Didn´t care for that show after three episodes last season, still mad about cancelling the show with the smooth private Dr.

24) Tristan looks terrific in there.

25) Scream Queens, Code Black, Minority Report and the Grinder (Love the actors though) From the returning shows i´ll skip How to get away with murder.

• Lexi says:

RUSH was a better show than Satisfaction. RUSH had higher viewers but TPTB felt Satisfaction had more “water cooler talk” … so they cancelled the more popular show.

46. N says:

Love Leftovers
    25- Quantico, Limitless, Minority Report

47. c-mo says:

25. The Muppets, Limitless, Dr. Ken..but the only other new shows I even started watching were Grandfathered and The Grinder. I was in no way interested in any of the other shows.

• JR says:

Similar. Very few new shows made my DVR. Dropped Limitless. About to drop GoodWife. Never had Muppets and Dr. Ken (and never will). Keeping The Grinder (with fingers crossed for renewal). The only show I’m loving this year is Blackish.

48. Joseph says:

5) Chris Zylka really got nice junk 😜

25) The player, blood & oil, rosewood, code black, truth be told.

49. Teri says:

The Castle fart was awesome. Only Castle could pull that one off. The NOSE was just a stellar episode and brought the show a wonderful case and brought back memories from cases in the earlier seasons. Stana Katic ad Nathan Fillion are the best, just the best at showing emotions without saying a word. The guest star, Stephanie Weir was fabulous and hilarious to boot. Castle is still my favorite show and always will be.

50. Angela El says:

25) Life in Pieces, Blood and Oil and Truth Be told (half way through the Pilot). I am loving Quantico, Blind Spot and Code Black!