Vampire Diaries Spoilers

Vampire Diaries' Kat Graham Previews Phoenix Stone Twist, Bonnie's Future

The Vampire Diaries‘ hot new trio — Bonnie, Damon and Alaric — is hitting the road Thursday (The CW, 8/7c) in search of Lily’s elusive sixth heretic, and Kat Graham promises it won’t be long before the trip takes a delightfully bloody detour.

“This Oscar meeting takes a violent, crazy turn,” Graham tells TVLine. “A lot is happening in the beginning of the season as we go on these little missions. This one is all about the Phoenix Stone; we’re going to learn why it’s important, what it can do and how it’s connected to other things.”

It’s going to be a big episode for Bonnie and the boys, especially when it comes to advancing her friendship with Alaric.

“Bonnie will always be a compassionate person, and she obviously knows the kind of desperation that comes from losing someone you love,” Graham points out. “When Alaric opens up to her about what’s going on [with Jo], I think you’ll get to see a really cool side to their relationship.”

Vampire Diaries SpoilersOf course, the “Bamon” friendship will also gain more momentum this week. Graham says it’s “great” that “he and Bonnie have this very fun, playful relationship” because, let’s face it, “Damon doesn’t really have many people.”

As for Bonnie’s upcoming flash-forward, Graham says fans won’t have to wait too much longer to find out what the future holds for her character — and that they should prepare themselves for a huge reveal.

“There’s going to be worldwide trend, I think,” Graham says. “The fans are going to be really shocked and happy and will get all sorts of feels. I’m excited for people to see that because it’s a big moment for the fans. When I read it, even I was like, ‘Oh, really?!'”

Your thoughts on the Phoenix Stone mystery? Predictions for Bonnie’s future lover? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. jack says:

PLEASE BE DAMON PLEASE PLEASE

• Laura says:

OMG, world wide trend?? PLEASE LET BAMON HAPPEN….if she is screwing with our feelings….I have been waiting since s2 Kat better not be playn

• Missy says:

We already know it’s not Damon because Plec has him shut in next to DElcoffin. It’s interesting since she said ww trend and fans will be happy. I wonder if it’s Kai because no one is really dead on this show. If it’s not Damon or Kai I can’t really see a ww trend for anyone else?? What if it’s more about what she’s doing in the future, does she have children or maybe her Grams is still alive? Who knows really but I’m excited to find out!!

• Tiff says:

It has to be Enzo, MM has been talking about his scenes with Kat. Even though I want Bamon to happen I’m ok with it because of Enzo’s scene in 6×02 with another witch. The trend will probably be because of a hot sex scene between E&B and I’m sure the dullena’s will tweet too since it won’t be Damon…but think of it this way Bamon get to have scenes, we’ll get a jealous Damon and that’s prob why he locked himself away in the coffin, Bonnie will get hot scenes and dullena’s will get nothing, nothing but an empty coffin. If Kat’s happy I think we will be too, we’ll just have to wait and see.

• tvjunkie says:

Lets hope not. That pairing doesn’t make much sense. There’s no romantic chemistry there.

• bene says:

Yes plsssssssssss let it be bacon… I mean bamon.😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

2. Sarah_ says:

Can’t wait 😊

3. Ian says:

I can’t really imagine everyone being happy with the reveal unless its Damon…

4. Very excited for tomorrow’s episode and Bonnie and Damon’s roadtrip!!! Equally excited to see what’s in Bonnie’s future :)

5. maria says:

Hopefully its Damon

6. kacey says:

Uh… Can’t it not be Damon since in the flash forwards he is in a coffin and wanting to stay there until Elena is awake? :S Super disappointed.

7. hello says:

Huge reveal huh, my guess she actually becomes a heretic

8. lily says:

Its not Damon because its happening 3 years flash forward and we had seen him in first episode in a coffin next to Elena.Probably is Enzo cause in interview both said their love interest is in episode 5

9. lily says:

Caroline Dries said that her love interest begins with ”hate sparks” which are the begining of a love story.The only who fits is Enzo .Alaric cant be cause they are friends and he is obsessed on bringing Jo back from dead

10. Nunaya_Bidness says:

I’m all about Bonnie and Jeremy… please let this happen.

11. The Watcher says:

Even if Bonnie somehow gained the ability to Siphon, she won’t become a Heretic because as soon as she was turned, she’d “Die” releasing Elena from the Stasis Curse.

Although I’d love to see a time-jump where we finally get to see Hope as a Tribrid all grown up.

12. Chrissy says:

Did they resurrect Kai? That’s the only one I’d be happy about and that would give me “all sort of feels”, tbh. Though it’s probably Enzo and they’re just majorly exaggerating in an effort to sell this ship.

13. Liz says:

As long as it’s not Damon, I’m good, lol.

14. Chrisie says:

I think Enzo will be Carolines future fiance and that Bonnie will probably get with Matt.

15. I really hope they don’t hook up Bonnie and Damon, that would be more ridiculous than the Stefan and Caroline pairing up. I really hope Stefan and Caroline NEVER work things out. Enzo for Caroline and a new character for Bonnie. Although, it will definitely be an established character and the pickings are slim.

16. sarah says:

I hope it’s damon but i doubt it.

17. zed says:

I am only interested in Bamon as all of it -friends turning lovers turning into the epic love!!!!!! And I am ok if they make it into a multi-level Bamon journey till they both realize they are OTP. As I gathered Nina Dobrev is not coming back- so can they give the fans Bamon. Elena should send a message from great beyond that she is not interested in the toxic relationship and set Damon free.

• caroline says:

Nina said in an interview last week ”Never say never ,but for now ,no”. I guess she will return for the series finale whenever it is.Julie Plec also confirmed they want give her at the finale series the ending they wanted.They would have killed her if she wasnt coming back for the finale series.

18. roflmao says:

lol i can’t believe kat graham thinks there are enough people who care about bonnie’s storyline to generate a wwt

• Tiff says:

I’m laughing because obviously you do and most dullena’s do too….if you and they didn’t ‘care’ you wouldn’t spend your time on here making these comments. LMAO

• roflmao says:

i’m laughing because the minute you used the word “dullena” you showed exactly what a desperately silly little child you are but even you know what i said is true or you wouldn’t be so defensive. you’d better run along now and get to work on your wwt lol

• Alysa says:

Bonnie/Kat has a pretty sizeable fandom to begin with but more importantly, she has very LOYAL fans. So yes, there are plenty of people who care about Bonnie’s storyline. However, it’s possible that whatever is going on with Bonnie in the future will appeal to even non-Bonnie fans so it’s perfectly possible it could get world-wide trending. Though honestly, I don’t follow that stuff and wouldn’t have thought TVD would have wwt in general.

• tvjunkie says:

I always thought bonnie was among the weakest characters on the show. not because of the actress but her story lines and how she fits into the story overall is usually poorly written.

19. Alysa says:

I doubt Kat’s comment about world-wide trending has to do with Bonnie’s love life. I imagine whatever it is that will bring on such an emotional reaction has to do with Bonnie honoring Elena in some way. Like maybe she opened a successful charity in Elena’s name or, and this is far-fetched, maybe she has a daughter she named after her sleeping best friend. I’m interested to see who Bonnie ends up with in the future (though I suspect it’s Enzo) but I don’t see how that reveal alone would bring on such an intense reaction. Unless it’s someone really shocking like Stefan or one of the Originals.

• crystal says:

I think she will be the hunter and also I think she will be with Matt or Aleric Both human BOTH was hunters so a witch trained by a hunter yeah I can see it happening

20. Tonilove says:

I think Caroline is engaged to Enzo and Bonnie’s love interest is Ric.

21. giana says:

OMG, I am hyperventilating – could this be BAMON???? OMG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE – I will die happy!

22. storys says:

I’m thinking baby, a daughter. Maybe married.

23. grinninglamb says:

The only kind of Bamon relationship we will see is a friendship. How terrible would it be if Bonnie did tht to Elena? I am confused as to why so many people are suggesting this.

Enzo is a pretty farfetched boyfriend option as well. I am definitely hoping her future has something to do with Jeremy.

I’m not so sure that her flashforward has to have anything to do with her love life for people to be happy or shocked.

24. Dre says:

It’s not Damon, he’s in love with Elena. He’s obsessed and in love with Elena and admitted to Bonnie that she is his best FRIEND.

Plus Bonnie wouldn’t do that to Elena.

25. Mike says:

First I think that the one who shot Damons coffin and is hunting them is Bonnie in the future – Big reveal.

Second is the Phoenix stone connected to the Originals maybe. Mentioned rising like a phoenix and something that could kill an original. Maybe a ceossover in the future.

26. Terri Odessa says:

I’m super excited. Whatever it is, I’m sure it’ll make us BONNIE fans proud. (And BAMON fans)