Switched At Birth Season 5

Switched at Birth Renewed: Season 5 Coming to ABC Family/Freeform

It’s official: Switched at Birth will be a part of Freeform.

ABC Family — which will change its name to Freeform in January — announced Wednesday that it has renewed the long-running drama for a fifth season.

And it’s a darn good thing Switched at Birth is sticking around; Monday’s season finale is full of interesting developments — in addition to a gasp-worthy cliffhanger — that beg to be explored further.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has been updated to reflect Switched‘s renewal.

Your thoughts on Switched‘s renewal? Hopes for the finale and the future? Drop ’em all in a comment below.

1. tracy says:

it is awesome love the show have learned sign language from the show

2. Yay!!!I wondered of it would get renewed cause it’s soo close to 100 episodes,abcfamilys reality shows flopped& Stitchers isn’t rating well& Chasing Life got cancelled and they were in the Freeform Jan 2016 promo So happy,excited and grateful..

3. I was a bit worried since ratings have really dropped and the network is rebranding and it’d have enough episodes for syndication

4. aph1976 says:

With them changing their name to FreeForm, ABC Family probably wanted to keep some of their current shows around.As for Switched At Birth, it sounds like they’ll going to end with cliffhanger(s) on this upcoming Monday’s season finale and so the show’s producers may have known they were going to get renewed.Plus the show is only about 8 episodes of 100. However next season might be the last one.

5. Alrisha says:

Great!

6. Ali says:

Lea Thompson was on the Today Show this morning and she said they shot two different ending scenes because they didn’t know if it was renewed. Well..now that it’s renewed…bring on the cliffhanger!

7. I am over-the-moon thrilled with the renewal of Switched at Birth. It’s my all-time favorite show. I really hope we see more of Emmett Bledsoe in Season 5.

8. matraupach says:

At least the Cable Renewal Scorecard could be updated even more!
    Because now that SaB got renewed even with more than enough episodes for syndication AND dropping ratings, the renewal for The Fosters is a sure thing!
    The Fosters has kept quite stable ratings from S1B to S3A (almost the same season finale viewer numbers) and needs another half season for syndication ;)
    So after they renewed SaB, a show with by far worse odds, the The Fosters renewal is only a matter of time.

9. Dia says:

I am so happy. I’ve followed this group breaking series for years and when the time comes for it to end they deserve a planned finale

10. Lauren says:

Awesome! Loving this season. Just wish they had renewed their other best show, Chasing Life. :( The Fosters has been losing the quality from the first few seasons. Hope it picks up again.

11. Carla Carrera says:

Love this show so much, wish that the raitng where higher. I dont live in USA

12. Lizo says:

Awesome!!! It’s one of my favourite shows

13. Synia says:

Yay! This is great news.
    They always leave us on a cliffhanger so I expected nothing less. I’m thinking it will probably involve Regina and her boyfriend with all the tension they’ve building about that situation, though I could be wrong. Can’t wait to watch it either way.
    My main hope for the future is that we still get to see Toby and Lily because I love their dynamic and the storyline with the baby they have going so I hope they don’t drop it.

14. robandco says:

Switched at Birth and The Fosters are very important shows that deal with very important issues. I am glad SaB is renewed. I just started catching up with The Fosters on Netflix and I’d like to see it renewed too.

15. Katie Thomas says:

This is such exciting news! We love SAB and this show definitely deserves more seasons. Can’t wait to see what Lizzy Weiss has up her sleeves for this cast!

16. Sarah T says:

Love SAB and so happy this got renewed. Hopefully if they decide to make the 5th season the last one ABCFam (I refuse to call them FreeForm since I think that’s still a ridiculous name) will give them enough advance notice so they can plan accordingly.

17. Matty says:

hope they bring back “jane by design” and “the lying game” at freeform LOL

18. Tiffany says:

I am obsessed with this show! I don’t know what I would do if they canceled this show, Young and Hungry, or Baby Daddy. They canceled Melissa and Joey (it was a pretty good show) and Chasing Life (which I’m highly annoyed about). I would boycott the network. I have become highly interested in ASL and have taken a desire to learn more sign language. Can’t wait for the show to return and keep them coming ABC!!

19. Nikki Floyd says:

Best show ever- I’ve learned sign language- very helpful with raising my own kids and dealing with everyday life- love it love it love it. Need to be incorporated into soap opera so it can always play and so we can watch the old grow up and watch their lives with their families, just like they do on the Soap’s. I just don’t want it to end.

20. Celeste Franlin says:

I hope ty comes back. Bay and Ty were my fav. relationship!

21. jessica caban says:

I absolutely LOVE this show! so much drama and I honestly don’t care if they change the name because its still amazing I cant wait for season 5

22. Lara says:

Is Ty coming back? Bring him back pleaseee, Bay and Ty are perfect together

23. Kavita says:

So glad this was renewed, It’s my favorite still running show and I don’ know what I would do if season 4 was the end.

24. Bobbie Stampley says:

I can’t wait for it to come on , I’m counting the month

25. Cooper says:

so when will season 5 of swotched at birth air on freeform?

26. maria says:

can’t wait for switched at birth when is the the premier date January 2016?

27. monique says:

Win is the new season coming out

28. Raushanah Larkin says:

This show was great. I just started watching it during Thanksgiving of 2015 on Netflix. I’ve been watching it everyday and all day ever since. My four favorite characters were Bay, Emette , Toby and Daphne. Oh I can’t wait to season 5 starts.

29. Loretta says:

When will switch at birth return the 5th season. I really love the show, being deaf really does help a lot of us to have a show with signing. Thks

30. shawna says:

So when are they coming back

31. Lisa Weiner says:

I think it’s great that Switched at birth is being renewed for season 5. Switched at brith is a great show.

32. Ava says:

I am so happy they are making a switched at birth season 5. I love that show so much. It’s my favorite Tv show ever😀.
    My favorite Character would have to be bay. Bay is my Facorite because she’s an Artist and so am I. And I love her personality she doesn’t care what people think she know the truth about her. I like every character on switched at birth really👍🏼🤗. It’s my favorite show and I can’t even describe how much I like it. I hope they also come out with a season 6 I would be so happy😸. I hope this show never ends❣. I love switched at birth and everyone in it😸🤘🏼

33. Eileen rozborski says:

Please,please,please keep switch in birth shows going as I love this program so much. Don’t cancel! Those people in show did great casts I love them. Need to know when show start on tv?

• brandystokes690@yahoo.com says:

I LOVE this show this is the third time I have watched all 4 episodes I can’t wait to watch the 5th season !!!!!

34. Thank you watch switched at birth show

• Amber Cox says:

Does anyone know when switched at birth starts and what channel it will be on I am legally blind so I hope someone could tell me I have direct tv cause I can’t find abc on yhe channels I can see 2 feet I jusr wanna know what channel it is on and when it starts please

35. Mackenzie Mulhall says:

This show makes me want to learn signing so I have been trying online!

36. Jessica says:

When is switched at birth coming back on tv?? And how is angelo coming back from the dead??

37. Amie says:

Can’t wait for this! Literally the best show ever, it has taught me so much and I can’t stop talking about it. I’ve actually learned so much sign language from it and it has pushed me to learn more!

38. Linda says:

Please bring Switched at Birth back. Learning ASL

39. Jennifer Hollingsworth says:

I’m interested in when the show is coming back on tv. I looked all over online to see when its coming back. I love that show and I can’t wait until it comes back on.

40. Lisa says:

Can’t wait for Switched at Birth to start again!Love the show!!! Is the return date scheduled yet?

41. Amber says:

I love the show because it shows sign languages and i can try to do them.

42. Raven says:

You really know how to get my blood pressure up. Love the show and the anticipation is probably going to keep me awake til I know what happened lol

43. Normakeifer says:

When does switched at birth air for season 5?

44. Reyunna says:

Yes I’ve been waiting for the next season of switched at birth

45. Thelma says:

I am just wondering what date Switched at birth comes on in 2016

46. clay Mark says:

Switched at birth has and continues to be a great show. Daphne contines to be my favorite and Bay is also very good.

47. Felisha Hess says:

I super excited about the next Season 5 of Switched at birth! This show is my all time favorite and I cannot stop watching it. I would like to see more of Bay and And her birth mom Regina. Most definitely I like to see more of Regina and her new boyfriend.

48. Jordain Davis says:

I know I’m late but I love this show can’t wait for season 5 I learned ASL because of this show it has really implicated my life