Scream Queens Sam Dies

Scream Queens Recap: Tubthumping

After weeks of killing off characters like “That Lady” and “What’s-His-Face,” Tuesday’s Scream Queens finally murked a fan-favorite — or at least someone whose name we know.

Predatory Lez met her untimely demise at the hands of the Red Devil, following a game of Truth or Dare gone horribly wrong. Revealing that Chanel No. 3’s father is actually Charles freaking Manson earned Sam a one-way ticket to the Kappas’ basement of secrets, where she received the biggest surprise of all. (Surprise! You’re dead now!)

Caulfield and Roger — yeah, I had to look up their names — also departed for that Big Stupid Frat House in the Sky, which led to yet another flurry of finger-pointing. Honestly, I don’t know who I’m supposed to be suspecting at this point; I kind of just want everyone dead.

Now, for a few odds and ends:

* No. 6 staked her claim on Chad this week, declaring that they will be the campus’ next super couple and that she never quits until she gets what she wants. Needless to say, she’s no longer Chanel’s favorite.

* I have to admit, I am a little bummed that Sam didn’t stick around longer. Her connection with No. 3 was the only thing that made No. 3 even slightly human — rather than merely the second coming of Brittany S. Pierce.

* Was it just a coincidence that the first song on Chad’s “douche” playlist was Chumbawamba’s “Tubthumping,” played mere moments before Sam was killed… in a tub?

* Let’s talk about that promo for the next episode: Gigi declaring herself a killer? Nos. 3, 5 and 6 plotting to off Chanel? More nudity? Why couldn’t any of those elements have been in this week’s snoozer?

OK, enough from me: What’d you think of Tuesday’s episode? Any new killer theories? Drop ’em in a comment below.

1. pam says:

Did everyone forget about Nick Jonas???

• Andy Swift says:

I think Chad gave him a little-shout this week, “My sweet bro Boone.”

But yeah, why aren’t they wondering what happened to the body? I assume there wasn’t a funeral…

• Rick says:

I assumed they replaced the body with the body of someone who killed himself before the autopsy.

• Phlerg says:

This weeks snoozer?? Andy!! I thought this episode was fun! Most of the time, I’m dying because if the dialogue, Chanel-Prime and Chanel #3 have some of the BEST lines!!! I love those two! I want them the last two standing!

• Genevieve says:

Yeah but Boone got taken to that special place for dead people where they put them in those locker thingies, and then it turns out he isn’t even dead at all, but that he’s on the side of the Red Devil

2. Brian says:

Good episode this week.

3. damroberts744 says:

It’ll be hilarious when the two killers are the house mom and Nick Jonas, which more or less means we will “know” who the killers are already.

4. Grey says:

Standing by my theory that Grace’s mom is the bitchy Kappa president from 1986 who left the girl to die in the hub

Gigi is the sorority sister who raised the baby and is in #cahoots with the baby (a girl) and Nick Jonas. Final twist is the now grown girl and Nick Jonas are in a relationship and Nick Jonas is pretending to be gay

They are exacting their revenge now becaus Grace just arrived at school. Gigi is also taking personal revenge by messing around with Grace’s dad

Have no idea who the third killer is (likely Chanel No 5 or Hester)

5. JJ says:

That was such a good episode!! It had the suspense, humor, and death!! Did not expect for Chanel to save Zayday in the end!!

6. Liz says:

The red devils (imo) are nick Jonas and the tall cop.

7. MiaB says:

I fell asleep before the show ended. Totally boring without Denise Hemphill!

8. Eric7740 says:

I know I’m in the minority here, but I’m enjoying this show more and more with each episode!!! I did miss my Niecy Nash this week. Can’t wait till the next episode!!!

9. N says:

So Chads running around in a red shirt, his playlist includes Tubthumping, his sweet bro is already prusmed to be one of the killers, and he just happened to find the secret passageway to the tunnels. It feels like something Ryan Murpghy and crew will point out as clues he was the killer in post season interviews. Not to mention hes the right height and shape to be the red devil. Could it really be that obovious though that chads the red devil?

• Shaun says:

Chad was fighting the 2 in the street though,so it’s unlikely he’s involved.Don’t think he left Chanels side the whole night.

10. Scott212 says:

I think the killer is Chanel’s (Emma Roberts’s) dad, and Chanel is the baby from episode 1

11. Sean says:

I think earl gray is one of the killers. He likes Zayday, and whilst she is kidnapped the red devil gives her treats and Oakland nachos. When Gigi tells the red devil that “he has to go” she is talking about Earl as he allowed Zayday to escape. I think Boone hates Greek life because he’s gay, Earl because he’s black and African Americans aren’t the predominant race in most fraternities.

12. Genevieve says:

Who did Sam (Predatory Lez) think was the killer because during her dare in episode 6, right after the Red Devil shows her who they are, she says “I knew it was you”?