Good Wife Ratings

Ratings: The Good Wife & Co. Sacked by CBS Football Delay

CBS’ Madam Secretary — which this Sunday was delayed a half-hour by football overrun as it faced both a big SNF game and MLB playoffs — drew 9.1 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating, dropping 19 and 27 percent.

The Good Wife in turn did 7.4 mil and a 1.0, down 16 percent to hit and flirt with series lows. CSI: Cyber (5.1 mil/0.7), which started at the ripe hour of (yawn!) 10:58 pm, slipped 16 and 12 percent.

Elsewhere in the ratings….

ABC | Once Upon a Time (4.9 mil/1.6), Blood & Oil (3.5 mil/0.9) and Quantico (5.2 mil/1.6) all dipped in audience while steady in the demo, with Once drawing its smallest crowd ever.

NBC | Sunday Night Football drew a robust 20.9 mil/7.5, up 29 percent from last week’s fast nationals.

FOX | The Simpsons (3.6 mil/1.6) and Bob’s Burgers (2.2 mil/1.0) ticked up, while Brooklyn Nine-Nine (2.6 mil/1.2) and Last Man on Earth (2.3 mil/1.1) each dipped a tenth.

1. Coach Taylor says:

RIP ABC’s Sunday night lineup. Quantico is going to be 1 and done, and OUAT will probably get 13 episode season 6 and that will be it

• dan says:

Quantico has had such a frantic pace for the first three episodes that last night’s episode was boring in comparison. I’m still not sure what to make of this show.

• Gerald Christie says:

Once Upon a Time and Quantico were the night’s top scripted shows so that’s definitely not happening any time soon. Besides, in Quantico’s case its even more noteworthy considering the terrible lead in and competition.

• Ginger Snap says:

Let’s not pretend that these numbers actually tells who’s watching any of these shows.

I know I watched SNF. Everything else will happen sometime in the next two weeks.

But I can say with certainty that I won’t watch Blood & Oil or Quantico. I’ll catch TGW & OUAT. And the animated shows on Fox.

And that’s what the bean counters at the networks really care about.

• Your comment isn’t even remotely accurate.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

I have a feeling that Blood & Oil should be on the verge as the first new show of the Fall TV season to get canceled. As for TGW, still not 100% sure whether or not this season will be its last.

• Patrick says:

It might depend on how Elementary and POI do when they return. If they are good, I could see CBS canceling TGW and letting those two shows wrap it up next year and share the spot.

• tvjunkie says:

Minority Report has already effectively been cancelled with the episode order count having been reduced. FOX just seems content to let the 10 episodes play out and then it will be done.

3. wrstlgirl says:

Funny thing is I like Blood & Oil better than Quantico mainly because of the cast, but really neither one is that great.

• John NYC says:

But for what looks like a Dynasty retread? Welcome to the 80’s.

• wrstlgirl says:

Well Dynasty is not around anymore so why not enjoy a newer version. I don’t get why people are so against that. While I agree it has it’s similarities but I love the cast, yes, Don Johnson’s still got it. But Quantico is just to much pretty and all these people do is throw snide remarks back and forth to each other. It’s 90% catty and 10% story.

• LT says:

Both shows are lame. I dumped Blood & Oil after week 1 and just bolted out of Quantico. They had a chance to do a nice thriller ala Homeland, but choose the Grey’s Anatomy route instead. No need. DONE.

4. Boiler says:

Well the Cubs and Mets played each other last night so 2 of most popular teams in 2 of largest markets. I sometimes think CBS is committing suicide with Sunday and Thursday lineups. Boggles my mind people can watch football all day and night but maybe they need a life

5. Mandy says:

Too bad about Blood and Oil. I’m enjoying it. I don’t expect it to last much longer :(

6. Ram510 says:

Quantico is hands down the best new show of the season!!! Great job. Wish it was in a better time slot but it’s doing fine

7. MiaB says:

I’m not exactly sure why the comments always present doom and gloom for every show. I’m pretty sure that CBS is not going to cancel these shows for lower ratings on football nights, especially since they’ve always been shown under the same circumstances. Blood and Oil is not a good show, so yeah, might be cancelled. OUAT and Quantico, I don’t see why these ratings make them cancel-able. Especially compared year to year.

8. Ellinas1978 says:

Not only football that kills CBS (and not just something that happened last night). Walking Dead, Homeland, Affair, Leftovers.

9. BrightLight says:

When I saw CBS’s programming was going to start almost 30 minutes later than the 30 minute delay they already put in for football overtime, I switched to FOX and watched it. Kinda glad I did because last night’s “Bob’s Burgers” just became one of my fave episodes they’ve ever done.

10. Babygate says:

These delays are the reason I finally gave up on Madam Secretary this season. They are too annoying.

11. Iakovos says:

I HATE CBS FOOTBALL RUNOVERS! Why did the Eye even bother airing CSI: CYBER? The fact you cannot count on a start time is a big turnoff to sticking with programming. Seems it happens more than not, so on football Sundays, fill the void with more sports patter or a late network news broadcast and resume at the next top of the hour.

This is what gets me, scheduling. I can watch many programs, but when I like something I want it when it is supposed to air, not waiting until :43 past the hour.

Sunday used to be the night to enjoy the best of television. Not so much the case anymore.

12. inksinger says:

I caught the Jesse Stone movie on the Hallmark Channel. It was great. I wonder how it did viewer-wise?

13. PacIslRocks says:

I set my DVR to record not just 1 hour but 90-120 minutes more so that it records the entire shows!

14. KK says:

I quit watching The Good Wife years ago because of football delays. If they move it to another night, I might try again, but the uncertainty of when or if it will air is just too annoying.

15. Maryann says:

I watched Jesse Stone from 9-11. If I had known CSI: Cyber was coming on at 11, I would have watched.

16. Maryann says:

Why do people fight with DVRs for CBS Sunday night ? Don’t most people have online and/or on demand options at this point?

17. They should just stop the coverage of the football game – let it go to some other station and play their shows on time!! People want to watch but can’t figure out how because of the stupid football game!!!!!!!