Once Upon a Time Finale Spoilers

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Once, Scorpion, Quantico, Major Crimes, Castle, Blindspot, Supergirl and More

Can someone make sense of the Once Upon a Time and Castle schedules? Which Scorpion secret shall be revealed? Will the Sleepy sisters enjoy some sibling revelry? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

I hope you can clarify: I thought Once Upon a Time Episode 510 was supposed to be finale before hiatus, and 511 (the 100th episode) was the spring premiere? —Katrina
Clarify, I shall! Or rather, co-creator Adam Horowitz shall. He told me that Episode 10, titled “Broken Heart,” is not the fall finale; rather, Episode 11 (which is titled “Swan Song”) will be the last episode before the winter break. Episode 12 aka the series’ 100th will then open Season 5B in March.

Why is it that Regina ripping Belle’s heart out hasn’t been dealt with on Once Upon a Time? Will it be? –Intarr
I get a lot of emails about this, and though I always assumed that Belle gave Regina carte blanche to do whatever needed to be done in that Season 4 episode, I was wrong. (It happens!) “As far as Belle is concerned, she didn’t know,” series co-creator Adam Horowitz makes clear. “Regina came to talk to her, spelled her, took the heart and controlled her, told her to forget it and undid it.” (Worse, Horowitz quips, “Regina did not leave a driver’s license or a deposit.”) Co-creator Eddy Kitsis reckons that if a day comes “when Belle does find out, she won’t be happy! Belle doesn’t take any s—t.” (Ed. Note: Horowitz has clarified recent comments on this topic, acknowledging that Belle does know but has yet to act on it.)

The Castle EPs have promised a “shift” in the fall finale. Can you confirm which episode is the fall finale that airs on Nov. 23? There is some great confusion regarding the airing order of the eps. –Rida
Clarify, I shall The episodes were filmed somewhat out of order, so they will air as follows:
Oct. 19: “The Nose” (Watch an exclusive sneak peek)
Oct. 26: Rebroadcast of Season 7’s “Once Upon a Time in the West”
Nov. 2: Preempted for Countdown to the CMA Awards special
Nov. 9: Episode 808, “Cool Boys” (aka Adam Baldwin’s return as Slaughter)
Nov. 16: Episode 806, “The Last Seduction”
Nov. 23: Episode 807, “Mr. & Mrs. Castle” (aka the one where “shift” happens)

Do you happen to have any spoilers about the winter episodes of Major Crimes? Especially about the development of Sharon and Andy’s relationship? –Maayan
It appears that a work-related injury will somewhat sideline Andy for a few episodes… and find him convalescing at a certain female colleague’s apartment. Other storylines include a super-twisty murder mystery with a long, disparate list of suspects (airing Nov. 2); the return of Sharon’s ex-husband Jack (on Nov. 9); and a suspicious death during the taping of a reality-TV show.

Is Fargo for real Fargo-Mike-Milliganwith that UFO scene? –Deb
Meaning, are UFO’s a recurring theme in upcoming episodes? Yes, there’s a hint of that in every episode I have seen thus far, though to what eventual grander purpose (if any), we can only imagine. But it’s almost moot, since starting this Monday you’ll be transfixed by the launch of Saving Grace/Southland alum Bokeem Woodbine’s arc as Mike Milligan, a plain-spoken yet intimidating enforcer for the Kansas City crime organization. That’s when Season 2 really gets percolating.

What’s going to be learned about Jenny this season on Sleepy Hollow? –Bella
We, too, wanted to know more about how Jenny would be woven into Season 3, so we went straight to the source: Lyndie Greenwood. “The writers this year have found a really organic way of bringing her into the fold,” the actress told TVLine, adding that she’s been in every episode this season “so far.” She teased a special moment for the Mills sisters, in Episode 7, that highlights that “it’s not all tension and sadness and all that anymore. We see some good times with them, as well… They’re a good unit, and I think there are quite a few moments the fans can enjoy.”

I love TVLine and everything you do. But I would love you even more if you had any Scorpion scoop. Anything is welcome, but I was wondering if we will see more of Happy’s dad this season? —Amanda
We will definitely be seeing more of Happy’s dad as the season progresses. What’s more, in an upcoming episode we see Toby’s first boxing match that goes… well, just about as you’d expect it to… while the big secret Happy’s been hiding from the team is finally revealed.

Any scoop on Quantico‘s Liam and Miranda? —Semaj
In a future episode, when the NATs go undercover at a D.C. Hotel, we learn more about Liam and Miranda’s romantic past… and also a complication with their present connection.

Matt, please make my day with some scoop on Blindspot‘s Weller and Jane aka Taylor please. —Naazneen
EP Martin Gero says that an eventual romance ‘tween the two is not off the table. After all, he points out, “They’re arguably the most important person in [each other’s] lives, and that’s a heady, heavy, complicated thing. So, seeing them try to navigate that is a lot of fun. They’re going to make a lot of mistakes, there are going to be some ups and downs, and there will be some really confused emotions. It’s a roller coaster.”

I can cross my fingers for a Ray/Sara hookup on Legends of Tomorrow? I think Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh have a good chemistry already! –Jenny
EP Phil Klemmer all but confirmed a Ray/Sara pairing during the midseason series’ New York Comic Con panel, when he said in addressing a fan Q on that topic, “Any time you’re in in close, life-or-death quarters [about a time-traveling vessel], weird things happens with people.” Bonus scoop: Legends Episode 6 is casting a hulking, brawny a character who is poised to “pick up his father’s mantle and become a powerful villain,” as well as an African-American or biracial male who “decides to put on the uniform of a missing hero who once stood for justice and hope.”

Is there going to be another Toy Story holiday special this year? –Amy
Although ABC isn’t serving up a new made-for-TV adventure for Woody, Buzz et al, a Toy Story 20th Anniversary special – chronicling the film franchise’s road to the Cineplex and subsequent successes — will air in December, paired with a rebroadcast of the original Pixar hit.

When will Mary’s mother return on Reign? –Lori
Amy Brenneman will reprise her role as Marie de Guise in the Nov. 6 episode, titled “The Price.”

People are doing a lot of speculation about the phone call Hawaii Five-0‘s Catherine made at the end of [the Oct. 9 episode]. Are we overthinking that scene or was it made to leave a door open for her return? –Lisa
A door was certainly left slightly ajar, though from what I hear that storyline will not be revisited any time soon.

Hey Matt! I’m really enjoying the new season of Modern Family, but I’m so over Dylan. Any scoopage on Haley and Andy? –Jess
Only that we will be seeing Andy again during November seeps.

I’m getting the impression that you’re a fan of Bonnie and Damon’s budding friendship on The Vampire Diaries, so I’ll throw you a little scoop: “They do a shot together in Episode 5,” Kat Graham tells us. So if they can’t be bed buddies, at least they can be drinking buddies!…? “They’re around each other so much this season that I think Bonnie is starting to get a lot of those Damon Salvatore qualities,” Graham adds, “especially his super-confrontational attitude.”

What can you tell us about the next season of Shameless? –Corrado
When I was talking to Cameron Monaghan about his Gotham send-off, I was sure to ask if we have not seen the last of Noel Fisher, who plays Mickey to his Ian on the Showtime series. Monaghan chuckled and then teased, “I don’t think you’ll wait long to see a really nice scene that he has. I won’t say what it is, but it’s a really nice scene.”

Do you have any intel on new Supergirl casting? –Surf El-Danvers
As hinted at New York Comic-Con, the CBS series is casting Winslow Schott Sr. aka the deranged and violent Toyman. Freshly escaped from prison, Toyman seeks revenge on the man who cost him his job – after seeking some much-needed quality time up with son Winn aka Kara’s CatCo colleague. Toyman debuts in Episode 10, which is also casting Saffron Belle, the FBI agent hot on Toyman’s trail.

Real questions, real answers. If you need the Inside Line on a favorite show, email InsideLine@tvline.com(With reporting by Vlada Gelman, Kim Roots, Rebecca Iannucci and Andy Swift)

1. 511 is titled “Swan Song” :) It is revealed now ^^

2. Jackie says:

I don’t think Belle will ever find out. They’ll just ignore it and hope viewers forget what Regina did, like her murdering Graham.

• Viewers do not forget that she killed Graham. It is more about the fact that no one know, not even Emma ^^

• Ally says:

Only Belle knows, Will Scarlet and Rumple told her about it when they gave her the heart back in episode 4.19 – Lily, it’s A&E who don’t see to know what went on in their own show:
      Will: Belle, there’s something I need to show you.
      Belle: Is that…?
      Will: Yeah. Yours. It was Regina.
      Belle: Why would she want my heart?
      Rumple: To use you as a pawn against me.

Even more embarrassing, they said the same thing in another interview, only for Adam to backpaddle on Twitter claiming they misspoke, rather than admitting that they forgot their own canon, but this interviews shows that he was lying to fans again: http://emilievitnux.tumblr.com/post/131343002027/where-is-the-lie

• Scal says:

THIS. Seriously. She DOES know. It was made very clear by 2 different characters. And they need to just come clean and admit they forgot because that character doesn’t matter. None of them do except for St. Regina.

• Ydnam says:

Yep. I had forgotten whether or not they’d said it right out when I saw the Hot Seat question the other day addressing this issue but yeah, she DOES know. ANd if it’s going to be a big deal when Belle finds out…how is it not a big deal since she already knows and has known for quite some time?

Although since she’s buddies with Hook now and he tried to kill her multiple times and he never so much as acknowledged that was wrong, maybe she’ll be unhappy with Regina by…drinking with her at Granny’s? You just never know with these writers!

• BM says:

If Belle doesn’t know then I think this was all very misleading because I, too, was very much under the impression that Belle was okay with it and after Gold’s continued betrayal, I don’t really know why she wouldn’t be. He has made it clear over and over again that he just loves power more than he loves Belle. So, to me, it made perfect sense that Belle would cooperate with Regina.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I just re-re-replayed my tape, from Oct. 9. The boys clearly said 1) Belle did not know that Regina was going to take/use her heart, and 2) Eddy clearly said, “If Belle ever finds out….”

I can’t help you with whatever they might have said in the Lightning Seat thingy.

• Rebecca says:

I hope you revisit this question when you ask A/E about 5B.

• K says:

It’s a sad sad state of affairs when writers COMPLETELY FORGET an episode that was only a few months ago…but about what you can expect from OUAT these days.

• It's Delovely says:

While I’m glad we have proof that Belle did NOT agree to give Regina her heart (which would have been seriously out-of-character), it’s ridiculous that Adam and Eddy have apparently forgot an important plot/character point that JUST happened within the show’s timeline. This was not way back in Season 1–it was in the last few episodes of last season.

3. QueenWoeginaofWhinetown says:

Regina does a lot of s*it (obviously that’s the way the writers have created her) and yet…the writers still haven’t had their characters go “Wait a second, what the fresh hell kinda redemption is this?”

• browneyegurl says:

They do the same thing with Hook. The writers refuse to bring up the characters past and very crecent future when it comes to the dirty things they do.

• QueenWoeginaofWhinetown says:

Did you watch last weeks episode when he admitted what he did to Rumple? Or is your head so far buried in the sand? Seriously, it doesn’t matter how many cast members, crew members, journalists and other fans of the show you “Evil Regals” bully…you can’t get past the fact that Regina’s a terribly written character and its a terribly written storyline. I’m sorry. But you’re just going to have to deal with that.

• Yaka says:

I promise you that you guys are putting more thought into this than the writers. And i know some of them and frankly they aren’t very talented but had certain connections that got them on the staff.

4. Brad says:

Don’t get your hopes up for mr and Mrs castle lol

• Mary says:

Mines aren´t high (but hey, overall I´m enjoying the “bold twist”), but why not? Have you seen it and know something we, mere mortals, don´t?, lol!:)

• BM says:

At this point, I don’t think there’s any danger that anyone would be getting their hopes up.

5. Katie says:

Thanks for the H50 scoop so ready to move on from that storyline glad it will not be revisited

6. Crazy says:

Matt thank you for clearing up the episodes for both Once Upon a Time and Castle.

7. Gail Wolfe says:

Beyond the tank has not premiered yet although TV Guide shows it scheduled on Tuesdays. What happened and when will it be on?

8. Emily says:

What about Nyssa? I have a hard time thinking that the Arrow writers had Nyssa spend all last season grieving and trying to get revenge for Sara for her to just get with Ray on the new show. I agree that Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh have chemistry, but they’ve built up Sara and Nyssa to be this great love, but they haven’t really explored them together.

• itberice says:

This. Thank you.

• Sara says:

• rinaex says:

I’ve felt that Sara was NYSSA’S great love, not so much on Sara’s side, though she cares a great deal about her and has a lot of gratitude towards her.

• Rob Watkins says:

Thank you, I thought exactly the same thing. It’s not like this is something new. In season 2, Oliver and Sara were together despite us learning that Sara was with Nyssa. There’s clearly a love between Nyssa and Sara, but it wasn’t built up as this great love. I’ve always felt it was stronger from Nyssa than Sara.

• Guest says:

True but with Nyessa in Nanda Parbat and Sara of somewhere it would be kinda hard to see them reunite and according to spoilers Nyessa will be the one against using the pit to bring back Sara so maybe she moved on, although i would love for them to reunite some day

9. justtobesane says:

Seriously disappointed about Sara and Ray on Legends of Tomorrow. I guess I won’t be watching.

10. MFL says:

Thanks Matt for the Reign Scoop…I wonder if she’ll be coming for Francis’ Funeral…

11. hello says:

That Legends of Tomorrow and Vampire Diaries questions really does show the insanity that is shipping. Sara and Ray haven’t even had a scene together yet and they are on it,

12. JC says:

I will never watch Sara with the dullard Ray. I really didn’t take what PK said at NYCC as confirm that a Sara/Ray pairing would happen.

• MFL says:

FFS the show has not even started and you are already hating on a main character…don’t watch if you don’t want to..

• JC says:

I saw enough of Ray on Arrow to know I dislike him. I am justified to my feelings whether you like it or not.

• MFL says:

OH boo hoo because he was going between the precious Olicity…people need to get over it & grow up seriously!!

• JC says:

The only one who needs to grow up is you. I dislike Ray and always will. If you can’t deal with people not liking him, then that is something that you need to deal with.

13. Angela says:

Love that news about Jenny being more involved, and especially looking forward to these happy moments involving her and Abbie. I love their scenes together, so I’m looking forward to that.

14. LADY_in_MD says:

I’m over Dylan too Haley and Andy needs to happen ASAP!

15. ndixit says:

Thanks for clearing up the confusion about Castle. So I’m assuming Stana went on vacation after having shot for Mr. and Mrs. Castle, which is why she won’t be appearing much in the Slaughter ep, which was the 8th ep shot but the 6th ep in terms of airing.

16. awnb95 says:

I’m guessing on Scorpion we find out Happy’s real first name. Was just thinking about this watching the last episode. We’ll see

17. Anon says:

“shift happens” lol! :)

18. Dee Ann korth says:

Thank you for the info on Hawaii five o I am glad that storyline will not be visited any time soon. I hope that slightly open door is never opened again. It is time for the core four to solve crimes. I watch the show for the bromance between Mcgarrett and Danny that what makes the show.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Upvote! Cath made her choice, after all.

• Diane says:

Kinda off topic, but does anybody know why Danny hasn’t been on the show lately?

• Dee Ann korth says:

Danny has been in the first three episodes and episode four he was in the hospital having the bone marrow worth Charlie . He was talked about Scott Caan is in 20 episodes not 25 so he can go la to see his family

19. leah says:

I am so excited for shameless next season
    january can’t come soon enough

20. Cant wait 4 Supergirl loved the pilot Melissa Benoist is perfect for the part

21. Becky says:

Great news about Noel Fisher returning. I was really worried when I read he was thinking about leaving the show. There is something about those two together that is just so perfect!

22. Michelle says:

We want Bamon rolling around in a bed. Slow burns we are here for, but their chemistry is too hot to be wasted on friendship for too long.

23. bshaid says:

I binge watched the fx Fargo 1st season and saw the first episode of the second season. Interesting, not a prequel, merely back in time to 1979…

24. Karen MT says:

‘African-American or biracial male who “decides to put on the uniform of a missing hero who once stood for justice and hope.’ — John Stewart?!

25. Toyman was Superman’s second or third villain of note after Luthor and/or before Prankster. How crappy must the Supergirl source material be that the television adaptation needs to continually take characters and ideas from the Superman comics?

Were it a Nightwing TV show you wouldn’t see it use characters or locations from Batman, it would use the actual Nightwing comics as its actual source.

• Bill says:

Look at Arrow. They constantly use Batman villains.

• Ask yourself how soon into the show’s run that started. Did it start in the first episode? The second? The fifth? The tenth? Arrow started using characters from the Green Arrow comic, such as Merlyn, Chyna White, Adam Hunt’s enforcer whose name escapes me right not, Eddie Fryers, Shado, Lance, etc, etc, etc, or ones inspired by characters from his own comic, such as Thea being inspired by Mia Darden. How long was it before that show employed a character from the Batman comics? Don’t judge Arrow’s first season by the issues of the second, third, or fourth, but rather by what it actually did.

Now, look at Supergirl, and ask yourself how many characters from her comic are in her own show starting with the first episode. I count one, Allura. All others are from the Superman comic, or deviate considerably from the versions in her own comics, such as the Danvers, a deviation considerably different from that between Mia and Thea.

26. Tiffany says:

Looking forward all the Bamon moments, especially any that occur in episode 5 :)

27. Koodles says:

Two things very wrong about what is said here about Belle on OUAT.

First: Adam said Regina “undid” her heart snatch of Belle. Wrong. She gave Belle’s heart to the shifty Malificent to guard as leverage. Will and Rumple stole it back to give to Belle. Regina did not undo her crime.

Second: Adam claims Belle doesn’t know Regina took her heart when Will and Rumple clearly told her in 5×19. There is no denying that she knows. If they are going to claim that Belle “doesn’t take sh**” how about they actually show that on screen?

• K says:

Apparently Belle rolling over for Regina’s and Hook’s abuse is being “strong.” The only person she’s allowed to be angry at is Rumple.

• BM says:

Yeah… I find it all a bit odd. Belle sure didn’t act like she knew that her heart had been taken or if she knew, she wasn’t acting like she wasn’t cooperating willingly.

28. Mary says:

Disappointed about the news of Sara Lance and Ray Palmer. Was hoping to see her rekindle things with Nyssa really.

29. Dan Henderson says:

Any idea when the current separation story arc is going to end on Castle?

30. JImN says:

It’s interesting that the Castle show runners made the change.

• prish says:

Irresponsible to all the actors who would earn something from residuals, much less to all the fans, if they don’t have something academy award level coming up. With the not having anyone but m&a to the wedding, I’m not holding out much hope. They had better come through with artistic choices, here, and not make this a dynamite blast for the heck of it. Body of Proof had a nasty attitude change the second year that really upset my husband, who had been a big fan. He said Megan was snippy and mean to the lab people, and it was not the same show. Maybe, those kinds of decisions are what they want for Castle, since it has the person heading up the show, now. They should have the freedom to create their art, but I sure miss my Castle talking things over with the real-life, big-time writers at the poker table. Well, I will always be grateful for the scenes we did get, and thank you Steven Cannell. The husband loved The Commish, but that kind of fan is not considered, much, now. FYI, the husband loves Chicago PD.

• GeoDiva says:

So agree about Body of Proof. It completely turned me off (plus the death of Peter) and I wasn’t upset when it finally got cancelled.

31. Brad says:

Lol doubt that

32. Mr Wiggly says:

maybe CBS / H50 EP’s are thinking about or developing a Naval Intelligence series based on Catherine’s character? OR maybe they should . . . . .

33. Paloma says:

Please take any idea of romance between Jane and Weller off the table. It would be refreshing if that they did not get together that way. I would be happier to see them as friends, or perhaps adversaries, even enemies, then to see them romantically involved.

34. Stacy says:

Thanks for the Hawaii Five-0 intel. Next week’s episode looks like there is some fun again.

35. Mia says:

Will we ever learn why the knave of hearts returned on OUAT??? Is he gone now??

36. Drew says:

” as well as an African-American or biracial male who “decides to put on the uniform of a missing hero who once stood for justice and hope” …. Conner Hawke takes up the mantel of Green Arrow in Legends of Tomorrow

37. Mary S says:

I have not yet figured out why so many people want to create a “romance” between EVERY leading lady/leading man in every show on tv…Is there no way for people to accept that a man and a woman can be partners/colleagues/associates/WHATEVER without having them fall in love or into bed??
    It is very annoying and seems childish to think that every man must bed every woman he meets…or vice-versa. After the love/sex happens, where is the story to go from there? Not all relationships end in marriage, nor should they, but in an ongoing series, when sex happens, it creates a “corner” into which a couple is painted that is difficult to escape.
    Can’t we just leave well enough alone, let the partners remain friends without benefits, and prove that men and women can have a relationship that includes respect and admiration, and stops there?
    Why do you think that real-life wives and husbands cheat or at least fear that they are being cheated on? Television sets the standard and the standards are dropping, daily!

• GildedRose says:

I thought that blame fell on romance novels. Seriously, what is SO bad about romance in a story? Nobody balks at action or mystery. They’re elements of story. Romance is part of that. Everybody has the right to enjoy what they enjoy about a story and a show without having to defend it.

• prish says:

Why? Projection…experiencing other people’s happy endings on film or in print is why some people watch or read stories. I always read the ending of a book or fast forward to the end of a filmed story to see if the happiness I want is in the stories. I’m with you on liking a colleague relationship, btw, but there are many different happy ending wants out there. Then, we have powers that be, driving a series, who have different happiness views than from years of episodes. They want what they want, and the fans should be the ones to change. I imagine this has been a frustration in the arts since the first cave sketch.

• Romance is another avenue in which to explore characters. Different people watch shows for different reasons. Clearly yours isnt the romance. But its what floats other people’s boats.

38. thanks999 says:

Do they want us to quit Castle. It sure looks like it. She leaves Castles to work on the investigation then we see almost nothing. I for one am about to jump ship.

• Georgee says:

Yes you are right this year is different, is to night episode just another Charlie Brown and the football cartoon. I really wanted to give these new show runners the benefit of the doubt. Mr Winter has produced so many good things over the years, but what is going on this year logically doesn’t make much sense for her to put distance between the two of them just to “protect” him. Anyone who is smart enough to go after her is going to still know that she loves him, I do not know if she can go back and undo all of that. How many times over the last seven years have they faced the same thing. If she really wanted to make sure he was safe she would make sure he was right next to her, That what happened in the past,maybe that why Breckett 2( TOKS) will be come, back to do that. when we had all those bad rating, 8.5 million viewers.
      For today we need to go back and watch Meme is Murder season 7 episode 5 and watch to nights episode 5 the nose and see which one make you feel more warm anf fuzzy inside. If to nights episode does not give you that warm feeling, write to The president of ABC,Mr Paul Lee,500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank CA 91521-4581 let him know your concerns, maybe he still cares. The next Friday dump of bad news and Charlie brown and the football should show just before episode 7 (Mr & Mrs Castle).Maybe not ,maybe there more bad news before that.It is hard to watch one of the best shows ABC has get destroy. Old Walt rolling over again.

• Matt Stone says:

I agree this separation is solving nothing. He is in just as much as danger as she is right now. I’m hoping that the shift in the fall finale is them being together or on the path to getting back together. I am a Caskett shipper but I will have to turn off my emotions to watch the show now. Sometimes I think it looks like a ruse to me and their secretly together. Example, Castle’s lack of anger. Everytime I see her the separation looks real. I’m pretty sure it’s real. The show runners talk about bringing the fun back. Still waiting for the fun.

39. Ah! Thanks for the Blindspot scoop!

40. mae says:

Eww why Ray? Rip Hunter/Cold would’ve better not that freak.

41. John Hibert says:

I would like to know if Stalker is gonna return. It was a good show. Leave it to the networks to wreck something

42. Guest says:

Sara and Ray that’s a weird paring but i’ll watch it before i can judge whether or not i ship it, Ray dosn’t really seem like Sara’s type, i’ll admit i shipped him with Felicity i always loved their dynamic even though he by the end seemed to good for her, i’m in the minority i never shipped Olicity, i loved Sara with Nyessa but who knows Sara/Ray might be cute, i sorta felt like he was underused on Arrow.

43. Georgee says:

Wouldn’t have been better to use the season 7 episode 6 in Oct 26 time slot. We could compare what they said to each them to what they are saying now. Big diff maybe to soon for that. They moved Mr & Mrs Castle to the last episode this year, maybe just maybe the fans will get a positive not just the negatives. That would be a good move if wanted to get the fans back in Feb 2016

• dandan222a says:

The way to get the fans to come back in Feb is to leave the fanbase with a positive feeling about where the program is going in Mr. And Mrs Castle..This “trust us” desire by the show runners to the fans is ok, but long, extended angst-filled story arcs with no end in sight is not the right way to instill confidence in a fandom which has been led astray by the showrunners several times in the last 3 years.

44. Grace says:

Matt, you are the best for always giving us H50 scoop. I think Cath being on a secret mission sort of redeemed her decision to leave but I guess it sounds like it really was her exit. I can’t wait for the couples therapy episode with Steve and Danny–their (b)romance is the heart of the show!

45. That really stinks. We get a new episode of Castle tonight. Then wait three weeks for another new episode.Then, we get three episodes, and then three months on no new episodes. Thanks ABC.

• dandan222a says:

Is the ABC handwriting on the wall? That ~30% reduction in on-air viewers from S7 for Castle is noticed…

• Matt Stone says:

I think it’s closer to 2 month break. I think I need a break from this horrific story line for a bit. This needs to be the last season for Castle. Too much damage has been done to have another season. I highly doubt Stana will return for another year. Get them together and have a happy ending. Then stop the show.

46. Milo says:

I love Tom Berenger as Jack, Raydor’s X husband and glad he’s coming back. I HATE the plot line of Andy and Sharon in a relationship. I see no chemistry between the two but then again, I think Mary McDonough is just not right for that part. I guess after the dynamic Kyra Sedgewick it would be hard for someone to follow in her footsteps. I also wish they’d ship Rusty off to some college out of town. He adds nothing to the show.

47. Delirious says:

So, I’m the only one her who’s annoyed by all questions being about shipping, shipping and more shipping, instead of (more or less) overarching story stuff?

48. Sally says:

I love the Sharon and Andy relationship on Major Crimes. It’s so refreshing to see a mature, adult, loving relationship portrayed on television. I think it adds to the study of the complex character that is Sharon Raydor.

49. Tina says:

I started watching Mary McDonnell as Sharon Raydor shortly after the character was created on The Closer. I loved the character finding her the perfect foil/nemesis for Brenda Leigh.
    It was Mary McDonnell that actually brought me back to TC after dropping the show due to the fact that the BLJ character began to wear on my nerves after the first 2 seasons.
    I find Sharon a breath of fresh air in the way she allows each of the squad do their jobs. She allows Provenza to lead the crime scenes as an officer of his rank should be allowed. She is also a calm controlled contrast to the previous leader of the squad.
    At the time I didn’t think much of the interaction between Sharon and Andy Flynn. But when I went back and rewatched their earlier interactions I began to see how their relationship grew over the years.
    It was a natural organic development of their interactions from nemesis to friendship to dating in the “old-fashioned” sense of the word.
    It all makes perfect sense. It has taken time and the attraction between the characters fairly jumps off the screen!
    And I love to see a mature romance play out onscreen in the old fashioned sense! It’s really beautiful!
    And I hope it continues for many seasons come!

50. Roz Bro says:

Somebody call the paramedics! Call 911! Bamon is killing me with their crazy-hot CHEMISTRY. I need a Bamon romance like I need air to breath. I’m practically keeling over with the feels. Why are Bonnie and Damon so perfect together, please tell me why? I just can’t get enough of them, and the more TVD tries to yank them apart, the more I yearn for it. Aurgh, I want a Bamon romance so bad…waiting for it to happen is torture.