Jessie Series Finale Recap

Jessie Series Finale Recap: How Did the Everyday Party Come to an End?

Disney Channel’s Jessie wrapped its four-year run on Friday night in perhaps the only way possible.

In fact, I had a thought earlier this evening to open this recap with a multiple choice poll, suggesting funny (or “funny”) options for how it all ended — and one of them was going to be “Jessie leaves the kids to star in a TV series about a mishap-prone nanny.”

So close.

Setting things in motion was the return of the Ross kids’ oh-so-rarely-seen mother, Christina, who has shoehorned a New York trip into her busy schedule as a “visionary CEO.” But when Mom realizes that the kids will always turn to Jessie for help (or reliable grilled cheese sandwiches), she gets the idea to have her nanny cast in her and the husband’s movie adaptation of the popular Tournament of Scepters YA novels, penned by Robert R.J. Roberts.

Jessie gets off to a rough start on the set of the movie (which apparently was closer to production than Mom initially led us to believe, raising the question: Just how big of fans are Ravi and Emma?), but ultimately acclimated to her role as a Bat Warrior. Meanwhile back home, Bertram shares the hard truth with Christina — that what the kids need more than any expensive toys or upstairs ice-skating rink is to have their Mom around. Like, really around.

Bertram then drops the headline he buried, that Zuri, Ravi, Luke and Emma took the family jet to Los Angeles, to visit Jessie. Alas, in their quest to get a bird’s-eye view of the Scepters set, the quartet get stranded atop the “H” in the “Hollywood” sign. “Sensing” that her kids are in trouble, Jessie risks losing the role of a lifetime to save Emma & Co., by using an arrow to shoot a rope up to the sign, which Jessie then shimmies up… and the kids then zipline down, using their socks to protect their hands.

:-|

Once everyone is safe, the good news comes in big batches: Robert R.J. Roberts decides that Jessie’s mix of maternal instincts and moxie is perfect for his TV series about a “nanny by day, superhero by night.” Then, just as the kids wonder who will take care of them, Christina announces that she is going to be a stay-at-home mom.

Back in NYC, Jessie delivers a perfect, tailored goodbye to each of her charges as well as “best friend” Bertram. And if that didn’t have your/your own rugrat’s eyes wet already, Christina asks Jessie for any advice — and the nanny quotes the theme song, saying: “It feels like a party every day.”

Arriving at (no joke) “Hollywood Film Studio” for her first day on the nanny TV series, Jessie discovers that doorman Tony got himself a job there as a well, opening and closing doors. Then, in a final (and wholly unnecessary) touch, the Ross kids come rolling up in a studio golf cart to visit Jessie (already), comically knock her on her keister and share another round of goodbyes that greatly undercut the impact of the earlier ones. (You could all but hear the Disney Channel brass yelling, “We need this to close on the hap-hap-happiest of notes! Bring the kids back to L.A.!”)

What did you think of Jessie‘s series finale?

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I give it an A. Sad to see Jessie ending on a high note but another sad news for the Disney Channel today is that I Didn’t Do It is now canceled after only two seasons. :-(

2. Kyle says:

Great finale. I cried like a baby. Gonna miss this show.

3. Riana says:

The ending seems to conflict with the spinoff.

4. brianna says:

why are they not doing Jessie anymore that makes me very sad I was about to cry :,(

5. brandy g. says:

My daughter is upset. She does not understand why Disney keeps cancelling her favorite shows! Shake It Up, Good Luck Charlie & now Jessie….

6. Somone says:

I love Jessie, but really sad that it went off so sad :(

7. Sherontae says:

I am 23 years old and a huge fan of the show. I am doing a Disney College Program in Florida and honestly watching this show on netflix helps me get through my days. I can have some pretty rough days. This is heartbreaking that the show is done. I’ve enjoyed every episode to the fullest. Since Disney is about making dreams come true, keep Jessie rolling is one dream of mine.

8. Michelle says:

I gave this an A. I ending was amazing I wish Jessie wouldn’t end here with Jessie leaving. I want them to be together forever. UGGHHHHHHHH!!!!! The feels!

9. Ditzy-D says:

My daughter and I actually cried at the end. I enjoyed it but geez, Dog With A Blog a couple of weeks ago, Jessie and I Didn’t Do it last night, and Austin and Ally coming to end soon. I am running out of things to watch on the Disney Channel, :(

10. garcia says:

It sucks Disney cancel there shows after so many seasons, why?

• Gern Blanston says:

Its how they operate. Cancel a show after 4-5 seasons and the kids never have to really grow up so they can keep the stories PG. Also, they never have to try to negotiate contracts if one of the stars gets too famous. Disney realizes that most kids will watch almost anything so, they can keep cancelling and then plugging in new shows thereby keeping the costs down and maintaining control over the actors while int heir employ.

11. Anthony says:

Please don’t stop making Jessie’s I am crying right now please bring Jessie and the kids back its the only thing I watch plus you just started monstober

12. Anthony says:

Crying like crazy please don’t stop Jessie

13. Matty says:

Didn’t Jessie and Tony get back together in a previous episode? Why was she surprised to see him in Hollywood? Did she just leave without saying good-bye?

The way they played the last episode, there was no mention of the father; it was almost as if Christina was a single mother.

14. Lily says:

Why does it have to be over😭😢😤??

15. jayla says:

I really like Jessie and it’s a alsome move

16. Tom says:

The article’s title should be “every day” not “everyday” – surprised you don’t know the difference.

17. Max says:

No wtf y did jessie end no no no no!!!!!!! This is not happening right now I’m literally dead inside right now 😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😣😣😖😖😔😔😔😔😫😫😫 c’mon at least one more season pleeeaassee but of course producers don’t even care what people think if they wanna end it then oh well it’s there word against ours god dammit I can’t believe this crap I love jessie I’m about to cry, my head is hurting I think I’m getting a fever… thts how much I love jessie… I want jessie I love jessie… Jessie al over da place please for the love of god bring jessie back come on I know I know it’s fake it’s acting but for me it’s no only acting it’s something more.. it’s special to me I’ve been watching this since it started it’s hard for me to say goodbye so everyone who loves jessie back me up here for our word could be more powerful and it could make producers think about it

18. Tracie says:

First dog with a blog, now JESSIE!!!! What am I going to watch now??

19. Andrea says:

Bring Jessie back bring her back please

20. Dawn says:

I was very disappointed in the ending. After watching every episode of the series with my now ten year old granddaughter, it seems so many things were left unfinished.
    We would have liked to see an hour long special with Jesse and Tony getting married and everyone present, reminiscing over past episode highlights at their reception (just a thought).
    The last episode just fizzled, sorry but we were fans.

21. Diego says:

Long term shows are hard when the stars are children and teens. They eventually get old enough that the premise of the show no longer works and/or the stars get too popular for the shows and move on to bigger projects. Or they become pseudo-strippers like Miley Cyrus. Additionally, having shows that are four to six seasons long works for reruns and for selling them in syndication.

22. Gag says:

Is there going to be another episode about when Jessie becomes famous or something?

23. Lesly says:

I hate the fact you guys are ending the show

24. I like that final season 5

25. Lia says:

I think this episode was grear exepte that it was the last one … it’s just so sad, why can’t they just continue the show … ?

26. Mikayli wells says:

I hate how the show Jessie has come to an end I was crying at the end because it was sad when they said their goodbyes and I thought Jessie was going to stay a nanny but it does have to come to an end at some point😭 I loved it though😍😭

27. Terrance says:

I’m gonna miss Jessie although I didn’t watch all the episodes I still loved that show. I just can’t believe it’s been 4 years !! But around Jessie is a awesome diseney show . I hope they make another series in like 2 more uears

28. PLEASE BRING JESSIE BACK!!!
    My kids and myself love the show it has helped us in so many ways. My husband passed away completely unexpectedly at only 30 years old. “Jessie” helped them get through it. It’s so sad to hear that its all over.
    We cried like baby’s watching the final episode. I hope they change their minds.

29. YURI Castillo says:

Bunk’d is so boring. I don’t know how Disney thought it would have replace “JESSIE” my kids love JESSIE now they don’t even care to watch Bunk’d. Im disappointed in Disney Channel they always make good things come to an end. You guys suck Jessie is the BEST!

30. Anonymous says:

I think that Jessie was awful……… I mean like come on Jessie never let the kids do anything and I think that Jessie should have ended up dating tony and still babysitting the kids and the parents should still be working and I think that Emma should have gotten an opportunity for a fashion school and Luke should have gotten an opportunity for a professional hip hop dance team and I think that Ravi should have gotten an opportunity for a special school for the gifted and I think that Zuri should have gotten an opportunity to help out at a zoo with the animals she adopted.

31. Marion says:

we will miss jessie I enjoy it very much to sad it has come to an end

32. KENA says:

BEST SHOW EVER I LOVED IT

33. KENA says:

I LOVED IT WAS THE BEST

34. Jaylyn Ramos says:

i love Jessie why did you end it but you guy should make a new series about the mom going on this craze fun tv show do not leav us hanging