Exclusive
Julie Berman Chicago Med

Chicago Med Admits GH's Julie Berman

General Hospital vet Julie Berman is transferring to Chicago Med.

The three-time Emmy-winning actress is joining NBC’s latest Chicago Fire spinoff in a recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Unlike on GH, Berman will actually be playing a doctor on Med — and a skilled one at that. Her character, Toni Zanetti, is a brilliant, self-assured attending surgeon who does not suffer fools. Sexy in scrubs and high heels, she confidently turns heads wherever she goes.

Berman’s Dr. Zanetti first appears in Episode 3.

Since wrapping up her eight-year GH run as Lulu Spencer in 2013, Berman has guest-starred on Jane the Virgin and Two and a Half Men. She can currently be seen in the new Hulu comedy series Casual.

Chicago Med premieres Nov. 17 at 9/8c.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Very cool.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Really missed her on GH. Can’t wait to see her new recurring gig on Chicago Med.

3. Beth C. Pfohl says:

Congratulations To Julie! Having followed her career from her first scenes on General Hospital, I knew she was special in terms of talent and presence. She is truly missed at GH. A particular joy is that, having met her in person, she is as kind and lovely one-on-one as she appears on screen. I am so very proud and happy for this wonderful actor!

4. Diane DeAvilla says:

So glad to see Julie joining the Chicago shows. Have truly missed her on GH!

5. JJ says:

based purely on looks, a pairing between Julie’s character and Colin Donnell’s would look good.

6. ivrving says:

Why doesn’t she go back to general hospital. She was better on thay show

7. Hmm says:

PLEASE let recurring turn into regular. I’m already headcanoning so much for her character.

8. Lucky says:

Interesting. I’m a big fan of the actress. I don’t have time for many new shows, but if they end up making her a series regular, I’ll catch up and start watching.

9. Karen says:

I adore Julie and miss her terribly on GH. So I am more than excited and thrilled for her. This “Chicago” series has a new viewer. 😎

10. aph1976 says:

I’m happy for Julie Marie Berman.As for Chicago Med, i’m wondering if they want to make recurring to see how she does before making her a regular.

11. Emily Thomas says:

Love Julie I will be tuning in.

12. Mirko Martinovich says:

Julie is a great addition to Chicago Med. She is smoking gorgeous and extremely talented. Ran into her at Harry Caray’s and she was really cool and down to earth. Kudos to her for taking a risk by leaving GH to expand her exceptional talent. I will be setting my DVR to catch our newest Chicagoan JMB!

13. Loretta Gray says:

Happy for Miss Berman
    Always liked her on GH and other shows . Congratulations.

14. Barb foard says:

I love Julie, followed her thru lulu, miss her a bunch on gh, just not the same without her, you go girl! !:))

15. allie says:

Glad to see “Lulu” in a very good leading role. The “rockstar” young head physician really came thru in her portrayal. She looks and strong-willed and beautiful. Not like an overly gaunt actress. Kudos to whoever hired her. Looking forward to her persona go thru changes on the show; will be watchin. . . .

16. Shawna Goldsmith says:

I just love your Acting Julie Berman and watched everything you’ve been in! I loved you and General Hospital And now in ChicagoMed!!!!

17. Shawna Goldsmith says:

Julie Berman meant to say I loved you in General Hospital!!! Lol

18. Shawna Goldsmith says:

I just love your Acting Julie Berman and watched everything you’ve been in! I loved you in General Hospital And now in ChicagoMed!!!!

19. Peggy French says:

I miss her as Lulu and so sorry I missed Chicago Med.. Just set the DVR to record all episodes though..

20. Nina says:

I wish her chicago med character was likeable loveable flirty fun, like Lulu
    … That is when she shines

21. Dawn Mogenson says:

I loved Berman as Lulu,will miss her on gh but will be watching her on chicago med