Pretty Little Liars Spoilers

Pretty Little Liars' Lucy Hale Offers Hope for 'Ezria' in Season 6B, Teases 'Deadlier' Threats From 'A'

Though it might feel like Pretty Little Liars‘ five-year time jump is turning the entire show upside down, there’s still one constant fans can count on in 2016: the menacing presence of a certain alphabetical assailant.

“I love that ‘A’ has been revamped, still contacting the girls through text messages and signs, but definitely a lot deadlier,” Lucy Hale tells TVLine. “It’s not like, ‘I’m going to tell on you,’ but more like, ‘I’m going to kill you if you don’t give me what I want.’ So ‘A’ is a lot edgier and smarter — and there might even be some use of emojis.”

As for Aria’s relationship with Ezra, whose book she’s gazing upon longingly in the photo above, Hale promises it will be just complicated as ever — if not more so.

“It’s never really said how she feels about Ezra; it’s kind of up to the audience to interpret,” she explains. “If I were watching it, I’d think, ‘Oh, she’s still madly in love with him.’ But they’re both in different relationships now. They’re still there for each other, and they build a strong friendship when they start working together. There’s still that little spark, where you’re like, ‘It’s going down.'”

Hale also says we can expect an “interesting” twist with Aria’s family — the only people, aside from the girls, with whom she’s remained in contact — upon her return to Rosewood, a trip that certainly takes some convincing.

“Out of all the girls, Aria is the most hesitant to return,” Hale says. “The only reason she’s going back is because she loves Alison, and she’ll do anything for her, but she’s definitely being pulled by her hair. A lot of things happen that keep the girls in Rosewood, but for Aria, she has this whole life in Boston that she absolutely loves, which is hard.”

PLL fans, are you holding your breath for an “Ezria” reunion? And what’s your take on this “revamped” version of “A”? Drop your thoughts in a comment below.

1. Dmac says:

Absolutely not. Their relationship was built on lies and deception and it’s just plain awkward.

2. Phlerg says:

How are they going to keep these 4 adult women in Rosewood long term? Alison lives and works there, so thats fine, but the other 4 have careers and new lives. I guess they’ll just live lives like Melissa did, and just come and go as she pleases because she’s just got a life that allows her to move here and there whenever she’s needed.

• Kate says:

I imagine it is set around a five year high school reunion. I could barely acknowledge my twentieth but whatever. Probably if I’d had a five year, I would have been more likely to go. I’d been thinking some event in someone’s lives, but if they had to drag Aria, then, its very likely a reunion weekend stretched over the remainder of the season like HIMYM did.

• Seasons 3-5A basically all took place in a 3 week period(Marlene King dream logic and what not). So they don’t need to keep them in Rosewood for very long to keep them there for the 1.5 seasons that remain in this series.

3. I LOVEEEE this sound of a revamped ‘A’!! I really hope this stalker is still actually using the ‘A’ name and Lucy isn’t just saying that flippantly.

4. Cornelius says:

Another A? Please God no…. And will it take another 7 years for this one to be revealed in the end?

As for Ezria, let them be over and done with. That was an unhealthy relationship from the start and the reveal that Ezra KNEW the girls just made it even more creepy.

5. Beckers0505 says:

This has me getting more and more excited!!

6. Kristen says:

I’m interested to see how this plays out. I like the idea of the girls being older and in their own now, but I’m worried it’s too much too fast, and it will cause viewers to lose interest. I for one am excited for Aria and Ezra to reconnect, only because they both appear to be entirely different people now. Yes, I know, their relationship was built on lies, blah blah blah, but it’s a television show. For entertainment purposes, I am perfectly fine with moving past Ezra’s crazy stalker tendencies just so I can finally see the two having a happy and healthy go at a relationship, especially now that they are more appropriately suited for one another.

7. Jessica says:

Yeah I believe there is. Just because they aren’t together now doesn’t mean they wont be when the show ends

8. Eduwa. says:

its pretty much ok that the girls have grown up and they are living their lives on their own, but coming up with another “A” is just cold, its like prolonging the whole issue that they have finally solved the mystery of “A” and putting that behind them. As for Aria there is nothing wrong with getting back with Erza, is a television show for crying out loud and beside i feel that those two really understood eachother as a couple, better than anyone. So if they coming back with a new season they should be creative than “A” and besides i can’t go through that hell of suspence again with the whole “A” issue. But still hoping on what they can come up with.

9. Alyssa says:

Idk I mean I always loved the fact of them being together but if there happy with there lives now and don’t really have that spark they used to have then hey what u gonna kill um

10. sassy says:

I really hope Aria and Ezra end up together, I always thought the whole book storyline wasn’t properly planned out and Marlene has said herself that they didn’t decide to go in that direction until 3/4 of the way into season 3 and even then they were just going to have him be bad for a little while. They completely contradicted most of the things they’d done in the previous seasons with his book. I also don’t buy that he had time whilst teaching for all of that surveillance or that he’d put Malcolm at risk when he thought he was his father. I’ve never had a problem with their age difference, the age of consent here in the UK is 16 so it wouldn’t have been illegal for him to be with Aria. Even if you don’t like Ezra and Aria together I don’t think anyone can deny the fact that Lucy and Ian have Amazing chemistry.

I’m really hoping the new big bad is going to be as nasty as they say I’m looking forward to having the ante upped

11. samantha says:

Ezria has to get back together or it is not the same pretty little liars

12. Tyler says:

I don’t know how pretty little liars will work without ezria, it made the story even better that it already was! It goes along the story line of it being wrong because of the age difference but they were such a good couple and I was hoping they would stay together! They have been through so much and it wouldn’t make sense for them to separate! If you want your fans to be happy, Please keep them together after the 5 years forward! :)

13. Anissa says: