Exclusive
Castle Kris Polaha

Castle: Kris Polaha Joins Season 8 Cast as New Foil for Beckett

Castle is instigating a little workplace drama for Beckett, casting Kris Polaha as a major foil for the newly-minted NYPD captain.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Life Unexpected and Ringer vet is joining Season 8 in the recurring role of Caleb Brown, an idealistic public defender whose criminal clients put him at odds with Beckett and the 12th Precinct.

Polaha’s legal agitator arrives at a tumultuous time for Beckett, who is already contending with crises both personal (her split with Rick) and professional (her deadly search for Bracken’s partner). Regarding the former hullabaloo, co-showrunner Terence Paul Winter recently assured fans (via TVLine’s Matt Mitovich) that there is a method to the breakup madness.

“We have a real plan for how to guide through this new path, and we really do believe it’s going to be something that will be satisfying overall,” he said. “If people give us a chance, they’re going to really — hopefully — appreciate the journey we’re going on.”

Polaha’s recent TV credits include a series-regular stint on Fox’s Backstrom and an arc on CBS’ Stalker. Look for his Castle alter ego to debut later this fall.

1. Teri says:

Sounds exciting! Badass Beckett will beat him down!

• Barry says:

Yeah, Thrilling Teri — and very promising. Hopefully, they’ll be fan or two left to see it given the crap we’re all being shown every Monday night.

• Anonymous says:

Oh yeah Teri just want I wanted a show about badass Beckett why not have them divorce and rename the show Beckett ,not watching.

• TWS says:

Without getting too PC here I can’t imagine how women do not find this new ridiculous twist as insulting. To protect Rick Beckett decides to make a ‘fake’ break because after all the kind of killers that even the CIA has to worry about are going to think “oh no need to after Castle, his mother, daughter or even Beckett’s father because they are now separated and obviously there is no longer a remote emotional connection” and in the meantime those behind the show think how the female demographic is going to fawn over how nice it would be to fake separate from a hunky husband who will desperately try to win her back…. how romantic!

Sheesh. I know ABC is the King of the Prime Time soaps but this is a story line expected in the early afternoon.

• Db says:

Obviously this guy is gonna be Becketts new lover. I bet they wont get interuppted all the time.

• The new character is a lawyer who will be giving Beckett a hard time. My guess? He’s Bracken’s partner.

@andree

that’s what i thought when i saw the this story! and when i took a look at the pics, where’s esp 4? anyway, hope this is going to get better.

• fran says:

I took one look at him and decided that I hope he becomes Beckett’s new love interest.
        First I hope he keeps the 5 o’clock shadow.
        But if he is a public defender who defends criminal clients and Captain Beckett’s job is to put them away, this should make for some interesting episodes, angst and maybe a little opposites attract.
        Bring it on. The Caskett ship has sailed. Fun while it lasted. Bring on the new, challenging and interesting.
        Stana can play romance with anybody with just a look. As long as Ryan doesn’t interrupt with his ‘I got something’ and Espo with his ‘Yo’.
        Let’s get Lividity Lanie to be a sounding board for Kate’s conflict of interest. Now there’s a show. Stana can return to her acting talents.
        To take it further start preparing Kate for a run for State Senate. Can you say Spin-off.
        Castle expands his PI business with Alexis (I wouldn’t advise this but…) and do whatever. Spin-off number two. Then we can forget all this comparison of Stana and Nathan.
        He can play with his toys and Stana can get all dramatic. Her facial expressions and eyes alone can do that. Don’t forget to include Beckett’s wardrobe.
        ABC I just pitched you a series.
        Seriously, I want to see Stana on the big screen. It’s time for that.

• fran says:

I was thinking. Since this new character will appear later in the series, I hope that TPTB are contemplating a return to Beckett focused episodes like Marlowe did. The show was at its best during that period. The writing and acting were good. Ratings were high.
          I hope this new cutie can act.
          The show could use a couple of good writers like in the past, under the leadership of Marlowe. In fact is Marlowe busy. Bring him back, please.

• johannanatashazachary says:

Seriously I just laughed so hard at your comment – “. As long as Ryan doesn’t interrupt with his ‘I got something’ and Espo with his ‘Yo’.” And Lividity Lanie? Ahahahaha!! I wholeheartedly agree with Stana’s facial expressions and eyes. Stana’s so talented.

• Anonymous says:

I don’t think that will happen and as for the big screen she is too artsy had done some movies but can’t get them shown .She is desperately trying to get one at Sundance not all that talented TV is her thing.

• Anonymous says:

Fran,get a grip the show is called Castle for s reason ,I actually think it would be better if Beckett left the show in s blaze of gun fire

• CastleBuzz says:

Ah, but Anonymous, if that happened, Castle could no longer be a comedy as Nathan sees it so what would he do?

• If you actually think that the show would survive the plot you’re suggesting you should think again.

• geordie boy jimbo says:

regarding to db (october 12 2015 9 47 am) article above if the showrunners the writers and ABC STUDIOS) take the kate beckett and caleb brown affair route this would be a wrong move for castle and will not only affect loyal fans and viewership the only interruption they will get is cancellation!!!

• RBA says:

Badass Beckett us the biggest joke of all

2. Oh look another scene sucker to make sure Nathan Fillion’s Castle and Stanka Katic’s Beckett NEVER have scenes together. And when they supposedly “do” have scenes together look closely because most of the time it is probably a stand in so they can have even less on set time together. If you dislike your co-star this much, and break up a couple fans have loyally followed. then it is time to cancel the show.

• SO says:

You read too much gossip or do you know them? They are all friends & call themselves the “Castle Family” all the time. Writers are planning to get them back together before hiatus.

• BC says:

Thank you Sanity. Honestly, why are peopl so freaking judgemental

• SO says:

BC: Had to say something this time. It’s because most of these people seem to enjoy bashing other people when they don’t even know them or any details in their lives. Nothing better to do in their own, I guess. I sometimes read these things out of curiosity & realize Most of the ones who like the show, don’t comment. They realize it’s a tv show & usually when you don’t like a show, you watch something else. Before social media, you watched a show & accepted it as it was, period. Now some viewers want it to go their way or it’s wrong. Did they ever think why Stana & Nathan didn’t hang out together? Can you imagine the comments then? Stana had a boyfriend & Nathan has had many girlfriends & is involved with one now & Stana is married, none of which has to do with the show. They are actors & dedicated to their craft, period! Now look what they have to put up with! Apparently no one ever told most of the ones who comment , “If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all.” “Nuf said!

• Nathalie says:

Yep, of course. Family, besides Nathan and Stana. These two-not a family, and not friends, and I’m not sure they are good colleagues also! I think main condition for signature of contract for Stana was – minimum scenes with her “good friend” Nathan 😁

• Georgee says:

I hope your right they need to be back together by the episode ( Mr & Mrs Castle) you told us you are working at sprint speed to make that happen. It would be great to have them celebrating there first year of marriage together under the same roof. Is that too much to ask from these show runners? I’m just along time fan and the show runners do not listen to fans. Every day we have a new pocket full of rumors,lies and jest from tvline and the show runners. It looks like they only hear what they want to hear and completely disregard the rest. All we want as fans knowing the show runners are working sprint speed (they told us that) are they going to be back living with each other by your hiatus. A simple yes or no will work. SO do you think they are bold enough to tell us that. They knocked us fans down at the end of episode 2, do they want to kick us in the head now? Maybe we should all write to Paul Lee and ask him ,500 South Buena Vista Street. Burbank CA 91521-4581

• db says:

Actually the writers have said absolutely nothing of the sort as to getting them back before hiatus. In fact all of their comments say it will be going on all season long. They are complete idiots. Hope ABC gets tired of being embarrassed by these twits and fires them first before they cancel the show but either way the show has been cancelled. If you believe otherwise you are as crazy as the writers and Show Runners are. This stupidy is going on till the end of the season if it last that long.

• castle lover says:

from what i’m hearing they will not be “back together” in the way you think. now remember all this is just internet talk and nothing concrete so who knows, and why bring so many people in……are they passing by….

and that actor, i don’t like from his previous works…..

• I don’t think they’re planning on getting them back before hiatus. The interview that Hawley and Winter gave to TVLine certainly didn’t make it sound like it. At the rate the ratings are tanking I don’t think they will be back after the hiatus. If they are it will still definitely be the last season.

• lindag413 says:

If they do come back after the break it will be on a Saturday night where the series will die out.I have seen this with other series and they will just move them and that will be it.
          The really bad thing besides the fans being betrayed in this terrible season so far,is that they had a chance to end on a high note with s7,instead they went down the rabbit hole.The actors especially Stana who is taking the brunt of the hate gate are going to be looked at as damaged goods,all the gossip drama all the bad ratings will follow them.
          I will watch,I will hope but it is in need of a miracle.Always will not be the same.And speaking of always when does he let her know he has the bracelet?Hmmmmm.

• JImN says:

With you. Any character that takes screen time away from Fillion and Katic working together, live face to face makes the show less worth watching. They are the best at what they do in the industry. Why would I watch something less?

• True but sad! 8 years ruined becouse costar don’t won’t work together!

• Joejames says:

I can’t believe Beckett separated defenetly fromage Castle! Plus, to be with another Guy Fall from the Sky …!
      It Poloha is Coming for charming Beckett And destroyer The Caskett, so we are a-t-il The End (Bad End) of This Wonderful asbeen séries…
      So sorry👍

• geordie boy jimbo says:

regarding to joejames (october 13 2015) article above i would not advise ABC STUDIOS the writers and castle showrunners to have kate beckett and caleb brown to have an affair this idea will be a disaster for the ratings my advice to kate beckett is once this lockstat story is over if its good enough to have an affair with another man then its good enough (if its still her priority to have that happy ever after!) to return home and fix her marraige to her husband rick castle she has got a lot of making up to do he is a broken man!!!

3. BB says:

He’s very handsome and age appropriate for Beckett. His role sounds interesting.

• Brad says:

If he willing to stay with a obsessed person😉

• BB says:

Mad respect for women and men like Beckett that fight to make the world a safer place and bring people to justice.

• ndixit says:

Because why wouldn’t we respect a woman who is a borderline lunatic with a superhero complex and conveniently forgets the people who actually help her solve those crimes.

• jess says:

The same way you respect a almost 50 years old dude who looks like he is on a sugar rush all the time.

• ndixit says:

Better that tha a person who is so delusional that she forgets the people who actually helped her solve her cases in the first place. I’d rather be the 50 year old with a sugar rush than someone who blows up her own marriage due to an obsession.

• CastleBuzz says:

ndixit, you spout psych terms as though they’re weeds in an abandoned city lot. Do you have a clue what you’re talking about? Or how you are belittling and ridiculing serious mental disorders? I’m not the PC police by any means, but there are certain things that should not be bandied about carelessly and mental illnesses are one of them. We get you hate Kate/Stana and adore Rick/Nathan. Please just try to voice your displeasure with the show’s direction and female lead without claiming illnesses you apparently know nothing about.

• BB says:

Are you a psychiatrist now? What should I call your madness?

• ndixit says:

CastleBuzz, I spout psych terms the way I see it. The definition of madness if a person doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result. Kate has lied multiple times and not once has it turned out well for her or anyone around her. So me calling her a borderline lunatic seems pretty justified to me. Just to be clear, I have nothing against Stana, just the moronic character she plays. I don’t have any respect for a character who treated a crime/case as a personal obsession and blows up a marriage as a result.

• CastleBuzz says:

Cripes, now you offer a definition for a term, “madness,” that I don’t think you’ve used before in your many posts. Moreover, the definition you offer is an off-the-cuff remark by Albert Einstein at a conference when he was speaking about other scientists trying to determine the nature of quantum uncertainty, a concept he did not think was real. Einstein himself was using “insanity” as a colloquial term, certainly not in the medical sense, and the phrase is considered just that. No one reasonable takes it as an actual definition of insanity.

• ndixit says:

Well I did say ‘borderline’. The point is that she is clearly delusional because she makes the same mistakes again and again and all it does is put her and everyone around her in danger. It’s funny that you accuse me of bias. You are so biased that Beckett may end up getting everyone killed and you would still find someway to blame Castle.

• lkh says:

ndixit–you didn’t get your copy of DSM, did you? Borderline is a mental health disorder. You are just using these terms in a childish name calling manner.

Normally, I try not to respond to your nonsense, but I’m…what dx me, a–hole.

• ndixit says:

I love how you guys have no defense for ur fav character’s action and have stooped to being nitpicky about descriptive terminology. I’m pretty sure even u guys know exactly what I mean.

• CastleBuzz says:

No, ndixit, your spouting these terms so carelessly is an entirely different issue than what I think, believe or feel about two fictional characters. I’m just trying to get you to use a vocabulary that doesn’t insult millions of people who have actual mental disorders. And, no, I’m not one of them so it’s not on that personal a level. I just ask you to show a little more respect as one human to another.

• BB says:

Ndixit, the difference here is that Beckett is a fictional character, what’s the defense for your over the top ‘behavior’?

• ndixit says:

CastleBuzz, so now u r a crusader for the mentally ill? Tell me something, when someone calls another person crazy, do they generally talk in clinical terms??? I’m pretty sure u guys know exactly what I mean when I’m calling Beckett a borderline lunatic but because u guys don’t have any actual defense for ur darling Beckett, u resort to being nitpicky about what the term means clinically. It’s kind of funny to read really. So yeah, criticize my terminology all u want. That goes for lkh and BB too, but it doesn’t really change the point I was making about Beckett.

• CastleBuzz says:

ndixit: I think you have a problem with reading comprehension and retention. I have clearly stated my “defense” of Beckett, as you put it, numerous times on the TVLine comment threads. You’ve actually responded to many of them so I know that you’ve seen them. I offer an explanation of Beckett’s behavior. You offer rants about her having a variety of mental illnesses. You haven’t been using colloquial terms like loony, off the wall, nuts or even crazy. Instead, you’ve cited specific psychological terms for specific disorders. I’m no crusader, but I do have a respect for language and its accuracy. When you use a scientific or medical term, use it correctly. Meaning matters. If you find all that “funny,” so be it. You are a lost cause.

• ndixit says:

CastleBuzz, your so called arguments have been difficult to take seriously given that even the execs don’t view the character in the intensely biased way that you do. I do read your comments, but your comments often reek of bias. Is there really any denying the fact that Kate always gets into trouble when she’s lying and hiding things from Castle and RySpo? Is there really any denying that she was only able to get out of those messes because of help from the three boys? Is there really any denying of the fact that she has shown the same behavior again and again and has refused to learn from the consequences of what happened previously? Each time it gets worse. Now we have come to the point where her obsession isn’t even personal anymore. When it was about her mother, at least I could empathize her desire for personal justice even if I disagreed with the way she went about it. This time she’s just letting obsession consume her and her marriage just for the heck of it. And that’s not a mentally healthy person, no matter how you put it. I’m sorry if me calling her out on that offends you or anyone else. But that is the truth

• YB says:

ndixit, Beckett is in all sense a carbon copy of Batman. Due to experiencing a tragedy, both characters are “obsessive” when it comes to bringing crooks to justice; this inturn helps them cope with their loss. Are you really condemning Beckett, a fictional character, because like everyone else, she has a character flaw? Is this a joke?

The fact that you’d rather to be a no life 50 year old than the likes of a Beckett or Batman blatantly demonstrates the fact that the only one delusional here is you.

• Harvey says:

lol! Batman also married somebody and then left them hoping to come back whenever they want because at that time there was danger at him, which somehow would never be there once this was over?????? Being Beckett, means being the one who married without thinking she’ll ever face danger, then when she does, she lies and leaves without any kind of explanation.

• ywang1990 says:

So I guess when I said Beckett is a carbon copy of Batman. I meant Beckett and Batman are exactly the same which must mean Beckett is also a guy.

Either something is off here or you are purposefully acting uneducated by miscomprehending my statement just so you can rant some more.

• Harvey says:

lol! You said they were in all sense a carbon copy! How exactly do you mean that if you don’t mean Batman was such an idiot he married without thinking he’ll ever be in danger, first ?with one enemy he sets somebody as the higher priority but forgets that later on another enemy? And then is selfish to just leave the spouse to do his job, which he and his spouse had already accepted. Now were you really just talking without thinking or did you think but like a child

• ywang1990 says:

Istead of wasting your time “lol” online, maybe brush up on your comprehension skill.

Let me give you a cliffnotes, my statement states that Beckett and batman’s commonality is the fact they became obsessive due to experiencing a loss.

I presumed that most people past their English class, but I guess I was wrong.

• Harvey says:

LOL! I am so sorry I didn’t take being a carbon copy as commonality being the fact they became obsessive due to experiencing a loss. Carbon copy doesn’t mean they have the same background BTW, it would mean being exactly like each other now. Only, Beckett had something called character development all these years and she doesn’t have to fight alone, and if she does have to now then she’ll have to again and again and again and it will never stop, which at least Batman was smart enough to know.

• ywang1990 says:

I stated that in the following setences but you would know if you actually read. As for character development, Beckett has been the same person since season one. She has always prioritized her job over any relationship which is the same case with Batman, hence he never had a steady relationship.

• Retro Castle Fan says:

Cute, age appropriate and at odds with Beckett….this scenario could create a lot of sparks between the two and be really FUN to watch! maybe Beckett should hook up with him. He sounds like a better choice than (as someone else described) an immature douche who can’t can’t even take his shoes off before sitting on the bed while he waits for his wife to get naked and seduce him….this new guy looks like he might actually participate in his seduction (and even take his shoes off).
      Added bonus for the writers, a police captain and defense attorney are natural enemies so if Beckett and the new get get together sparks should always be there due to their respective jobs and they won’t have to break them up after 6 months of marriage it’s harder to write sparks into the relationship.

• ndixit says:

Sure!!!! Becuse who wouldn’t love Beckett having an affair. I’m sure Beckett fans will find some way to justify that too.

• Matt Stone says:

Are they really ready to forget 7 mostly good years and wreck it completely. The show is on life support right now IMO. The show will die instantly should she cheat.

• Retro Castle Fan says:

I was being about 50% serious and 50% sarcastic with my post.
        In all seriousness, I have thought for some time that a lawyer or two around the precinct would be a positive move. However, right now there is really only one, maybe two things that can save this show, no matter how many recurring characters they add.
        If they want to save this show they need to get Caskett back together ASAP, no matter what scripts need to be rewritten or scenes need to be result. If they are not back together by the fall break, I truly don’t see many fans tuning in in February.
        A bonus would be to reduce Alexis’ role. She is an annoying Mary Sue, creepy surrogate wife to her father, and enough is enough.

• But he won`t be appropriate for Beckett, he`s there to make some trouble to Beckett in relation with Bracken, I think he`s the guy she is looking for.

• castle lover says:

hey you stole my thought, give it back! no really i was thinking the same thing that this was the guy that she might be hunting, his always around watching and ready to say pounce……hiding in plain sight, is was a good thing. might be fun to watch….

• CastleBuzz says:

Hmmmm, I hadn’t consider that. Hiding in plain sight is often a good ploy but I’m not getting that vibe in this case. He’s a bit young, don’t you think? My guess is that he’s there to beef up her role as precinct captain, some of the “paperwork and politics” aspects of the job. Wonder when he’ll come on board…

4. John NYC says:

Liked him in previous outings I’ve seen. Could be fun.

5. Trish says:

So, meanwhile, this new guy on “Castle” looks like three dozen other white guys with dark hair on TV. Wow. Hollywood’s cloning system is alive and well, I see :-O

6. Fran says:

Should be fun! Can’t wait to watch!!!

7. Opal says:

Sounds like he maybe completion for Rick and we know Rick has Lucy. I don’t know what else they can throw in. Do TPTB really think “new blood” can help this mess? IMO none of season 8 has been enjoyable. If there is no movement of Caskett separation there’s no show. I don’t care about these other characters as long as Caskett is separated. The brief moments of Caskett will not carry this program.

@opal

i see in the pic that Lucy is right there with the family at a dinner in esp 5! just like part of the family. you go lucy moving on in!

8. Jkl says:

This will bring me back to the show. I will be ok with a relationship breakup if they do not blame it on Beckett. I am twenty-two years old and The Castle character is a immature douche. Have them go their separate ways in a mature way without assigning blame.
    Then let Beckett do what she does best, bring the sexy back but please give her a partner that is how’s some interest in a woman. Preferably someone that does not have a daughter to get in the way!

• John NYC says:

Note the title of the show? Writers pledges they’re not separating them permanently aside: if they did the character they’d follow would be Castle.

• ndixit says:

People blame Beckett because she is to blame. If he is such an immature douche, then she should not have married. Better a douche than a borderline lunatic with a superhero complex.

• jess says:

Well the douche will probably save his ass while the super hero will probably risk his life to save yours.

• ndixit says:

Except the douche has saved her ass more times than she has while the last time she went solo, she got flung off a roof top and was left screaming for te “douche”!!!!

• jess says:

hey now
            you just made an example and I made an opinion about it, take a chill pill
            It’s just a tv show.

• Harvey says:

ndixit gave a pretty good example here.

• CastleBuzz says:

Except that the last one who needed saving was Castle in the warehouse in XX and XY, and Beckett did the saving. And, no, he didn’t get in trouble b/c of her. He was abducted b/c he left the safety of the 12th precinct to go off with Hayley to the prison after being told by Espo to stay at the 12th.

• Harvey says:

Beckett saved him, yeah, but only after he saved himself and ran. And they obviously knew he was her husband, so he wouldn’t exactly be safe otherwise too. Also, Beckett was there by chance only.

• CastleBuzz says:

“Beckett was there by chance.” Right….of all the gin joints in all the world….Kate just happened to walk into the warehouse where Rick was held captive…. Get real. She was tracking the captors and knew what was going down.

• Harvey says:

@Castlebuzz. She wasn’t there by chance but she was there by chance at that moment. She was tracking those people but wasn’t there to save Castle.

• Beckstle says:

I blame the writers who have erased seven seasons of character development to create this mess. Following the character arc of Beckett to before season 8 makes this scenario very out of character. It’s a character switch up worthy of a bad daytime soap opera – all done to create a new plot out of thin air.

• Celina says:

I agree. The writers destroyed the character and the show… last season, that storyline of castles disapperance was just nonsense… hated it, but I continued to watch, pretending that it didn’t happened. Now, I think I’m gonna quit, unless this is the final season.

• CastleBuzz says:

Hang in there. At least try. I think the two stories — Rick’s disappearance and Kate’s run-in with the Big Bad — will dovetail eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later) and that by mid-spring or so, we’ll have a real idea of what this has been all about. If the show runners are as talented as their previous work indicates, the resolution will not only make sense and be in character for both leads but also strengthen their relationship. I realize it’s hard to have faith, but my impression is that TPW and AH really want to wrap up all the hanging threads of stories out there.

• lkh says:

I do think they have done quality work in the past and I’ve heard SK say the same thing.

@cellna

i will try to hang in there, but you’re right it is so hard. i have to have faith in these guys. I have heard they can do good things and hopefully they can this time. I just hope they do it quickly……cause i to am ready to give it all up, the thing is if i go i wont be back!

• lurker says:

Well, I thought that R.Castle was the one with the superhero complex. I mean, for 7 years he’s been trying to get himself involved in something more important than his writing, to do something important, big, to save the day and the world. And while at it, to impress and win a girl. Why do I have this impression, huh? Beats me.

• Joe says:

So the woman who left her husband without an explanation and on shaky logic is not immature but the man who actually raised a daughter as a single parent is??? Got it…

• CastleBuzz says:

I thought it was well established that Alexis raised her father….No? :):)

• Joe says:

Let’s see he raised a daughter himself (who turned out pretty great)and he supported his mother for years no questions asked but he is an immature douche??? Yet Beckett who claimed to be one and done is now on her 2nd failed marriage, and not demonstrated the ability to maintain an adult relationship with anyone is mature??? I wonder if her and castle had a child together together would she have told the two of them “gotta go, hope you take me back later” good thing they didn’t, castle would be a single dad again…

@joe

very true to all of that, wow, the way the fans see this show!

• CastleBuzz says:

Seriously? Beckett’s Vegas marriage was hardly a “failure.” It was more a non-event. She was just 19, drunk, and being silly. For fifteen years she didn’t give it a second thought. Call her stupid for not realizing a Vegas marriage was real, but she didn’t recall signing any papers so if she was stupid it was when she got drunk 15 years before. Her current marriage is not — yet — a failure. It may get to be one, but it isn’t right now. She hopes she can salvage it.
            As for being mature, at 19 or 20 she essentially lost both parents. To save the one, her father, she left Stanford to transfer to a NYC college (Columbia?) so she could try to help him. From that age to 24, she finished college, went to the Police Academy, started her career, and helped her father stop drinking. During the next five years, up to the time the show begins, she rises to lead detective and has a long-term relationship with FBI agent Sorenson. She’s all of 28-29 when they break up several months before the show begins. At the time of FFYG her personal life is a bit of a mess, which isn’t unusual among young women who have spent their 20s establishing a career.

• lurker says:

CastleBuzz, Joe is repeating the same statement he gave a couple of days ago. It appears that no matter how many times you or I or anyone else try to open both of his eyes, he will continue to look at everything with his wide shutt. Just like that other person from here.

• Harvey says:

@Lurker, lol. So that also means you have been telling these people the same thing as before too, and no matter how much they try to open both your eyes, you will continue to look at everything with your eyes wide shut

• Joe says:

Nonetheless castle has demonstrated the ability to be a parent, support his family, and build and maintain close personal relationships, while having a successful career…beckett by comparison has bailed on every relationship she has had, including every romantic one…simply pointing out facts to the poster who called castle an “immature douche”…

• BB says:

Did you see Alexis’ behavior in PH Dead? What kind of education is Castle giving his daughter? Fraternity parties? Victoria Secret lingerie? expensive whiskey paid by dad?

• Joe says:

Well for starters, not abandoning family…pretty good lesson…and yes Alexis is a failure because of a costume…

@joe

i know I hated that, i was the 1st to give my thoughts to ABC over that one. At least so far i haven’t had nightmares of them like that (use your imagination there). i hope they don’t show to much of her this season, but i know they will.

9. Kris says:

Loved this guy on Life Unexpected…will be nice to see him in Castle when i do manage to catch up on the eps…

10. lame says:

Let’s see how many fans are willing to hang around for “the big pay off”.

• muggs says:

In 2014 Castle lost 38%of viewers,now they have lost 16%of viewers so far according to CBC Canada.Also they say that the is NO chemistry now between Nathan & Stana since the end of season 5.and it’s very obvious this season.
      Remember Stana signed her contract stating that she has to be in every episode and cannot be killed off.I feel like the show is going to be cancelled over the winter break and they will show the balance of the episodes during the summer.To fill in the gaps.

11. Matt Stone says:

I don’t really care who they add as long as they don’t mess with getting Castle and Beckett back together. We need fun to take our minds of this train wreck of a story arc. I’ll be watching but their making it difficult. I’m more worried about what happens in the fall finale than anything else. Although I’m really upset with Beckett, I think it’s time to give her a break from this insanity. The don’t seem to want her happy for more than a couple of episodes at a time.

12. Christina says:

He’s cute, and under different circumstances, I’d be interested to see him on the show. When I binge-watch this season after this breakup nonsense it resolved, perhaps I’ll enjoy his character. Until then…TVLine recaps for me. If only I was a Nielsen viewer.

• BC says:

at least chose a site where they don’t twist every thing on the show to have people read their articles. I’d like to point out that TVline was the only one talking of divorce.

@bc

i think that is also confusing people who don’t watch every week to read that then they panic. over hardly anything. and with comments like these i can see why some fans are upset, and continue to stay upset.

13. Anonymous says:

I see another obstacle in the way the writers are really screwing this up hoping we stay around not likely. I think the journey for the show is over

• Georgee says:

Is the weight challenged lady starting to warm up her vocal cords. It is really hard to un ring a bell. I’m sure glad we did not have these two show runners in seaon 5 episode 22 (still) Castle would have said to Beckett sorry about your luck standing on that bomb, but I love you turned around and just walked away.

14. LOVE Kristoffer Polaha. He sizzles with chemistry, no matter who you put him with. It’d be fun to see him as a professional foil for Beckett, and a potential Alexis love interest. That would create all kinds of conflict.

15. Just one thing says:

I’ve liked this guy in other work.
    I do find it interesting that the show continues to add new recurring characters to a series that already has an ensemble cast.
    It seems like Castle will continue to play with Alexis, Ryan, Esposito and Ha(y)ley, but they need a couple characters to offer Beckett an outlet, since she’s been relegated to the precinct. Silly me, I thought Beckett would at least interact enough with RySpo.
    But nothing is amiss with the show. Nothing at all.

• CastleBuzz says:

I think this character will be a good add. As you say, he’ll be there for interacting with Captain Beckett. I would imagine that one of a captain’s duties is to make sure the detectives have wrapped up each solved case with fool-proof evidence that a good defense attorney can’t break down in court. This scenario should supply some good scenes for Beckett to interact not only with this character but with Ryan, Espo and other cops during interrogations and in preparing cases.

• lkh says:

I don’t think this applies to you two, but I do think some fans don’t welcome new characters. They do have a core group (ensemble), but characters that work and live they way they do, will interact with others. People don’t live in a void, we all interact with others. And, it may well be that this is their way to shake things up.

Can’t help but notice that each new character translates, for some, in devious, immoral or unethical behavior by Beckett. Sometimes for Castle too. These are the fans that would prefer to just see Beckett and Castle on the screen with no other characters. ugh That could be boring really, really fast.

I agree that RySpo, Martha could be more involved-Alexis could be less involved.

Regarding the comments about underlying tension between/among actors, don’t know. The relationship, the chemistry has certainly changed. I’ve seen some of SK’s work, love scenes are not a problem. I don’t know about NF–trying to remember his scenes in Waitress.

• lkh says:

Maybe this new character and their interaction will keep Beckett in the office and not in the field (or off the streets-as some would imply :] ). Maybe she’ll be working more with the DA regarding the cases and less with info collection. I dunno. Thought she was supposed to be out in the field and working more with Castle. Yet, another dream dashed. ha

And it will give her more time for all these affairs if she sticks around the office…

• CastleBuzz says:

Good points, lkh. I have no problem with new characters IF they are relevant, add to the story, and don’t get in the way of the characters I want to see. I like Vikram so far b/c he fits those criteria. For me, Hayley doesn’t as yet. Similarly I have no problem with established characters taking on larger roles either for an ep or two or semi-permanently. I’m hoping to see Ryan and Espo more in charge of cases eventually. What I don’t want is the continued presence front and center of Alexis.

• Just one thing says:

I definitely don’t mind new characters or a focus on the ensemble. I think the show has needed that injection since S5. But these days, it’s just serving as an additional way to keep Beckett and Castle away from each other.

And no, I don’t think either Beckett or Castle will cheat (crossing fingers here), but building theory and solving crimes with Alexis, Ha(y)ley, Ryan, Esposito, Vikram and others continues to take away from what used to make the show great.
        The fact that they keep coming up with ways to have Beckett and Castle share scenes with other people makes it all the more obvious.

16. jess says:

Can’t wait to see Kris on Castle!

17. John Monaghan says:

Am really getting pissed off with this Beckett crap a hope she does go with this guy and Castle wakens up and slings her!

• CastleBuzz says:

Final scene of show — famous author/PI Richard Castle, wearing an orange jumpsuit and in handcuffs, shuffles out of a van and into prison. Two redheads wave goodbye as they sob stage left. Fade to scene of a bruised and battered Captain Kate Beckett in a hospital bed with a good looking public defense attorney holding her hand.

18. Db says:

Its pathetic what they are doing. They arent fooling any one . This new guy is clearly a new live interest for Beckett. It is just as clear as when McClintock was on back in 623 as to what purpose hecwas going to serve. The fact that they use the words to complicate her life further rather than discount the love interest like they did with Toks is proof of exactly whats going on. Vaughn any one except she will probably really hook up with this guy.

• Anonymous says:

I certainly agree,writer are really screwing this up,dump her and start over Castle.

• CastleBuzz says:

Not going to be a love interest for anyone. I bet the character’s going to be married with kids just to make sure fans don’t go there.

• Beckstle says:

Like that would stop it. This is ABC – the home of “Scandal” – and these are writers who care nothing about character canon so long as they can create “obstacles.” What’s a marriage and kids but one more obstacle and a way to screw over Beckett’s character even worse. Now, if they make him gay, that would shut it down…maybe he’ll be gay. :|

• mine says:

i agree , he’s definitely going to be the new love interest for beckett !!!! and i can already see the difference in some people in the fandom !! they are actually rooting for them !!! when toaks was cast as hayley she was chastised specifically see the tv line comments you can see the double standards , and adding to that tonight’s episode did me nothing

19. jason says:

Wow – they should cast him in something with Ryan Reynolds; they look like they could be brothers.

20. JImN says:

I thought Castle was supposed to be mostly funny. Might have messed this up badly. I don’t know how it is in Hollywood, but in the Midwest marriage breaklups are not all that funny. So lots of people not seeing it in Castle. Lots of fans are highly irritated at a minimum. Very, very little time to get back to funny.

21. Anonymous says:

I’ve noticed that Stana has been pretty silent on twitter/ interviews about this story line think she knew there would be backlash .I hope she is enjoying her new marriage.

22. MelindaB says:

I think this whole breakup is illogical and contradictory. For starters, she’s worried about Castle’s safety as she pursues the whole LokSat thing, but does she really think that bad guys will think, “Oh, she’s separated from him, so obviously using him or his daughter as bait/collateral won’t work!” And then she says that she loves him, but she’s willing to break his heart by contriving a separation, compounded by keeping a huge secret from him. And if her going after this whole conspiracy ends in her death, or the death of anyone in their circle of friends and family, Rick will be devastated anew. As a devout Castle-Beckett shipper from way back, even though she’s never fully treated him as an equal, I’m finding myself not caring so much if they do get back together.

• CastleBuzz says:

For heaven sake, Beckett doesn’t think the bad guys will leave Rick alone if she doesn’t live with him. The LokSat people are lying low again. As Rita told Kate, they are currently neutralized b/c they believe Kate, Rick et al accepted the female AG deputy chief who committed suicide as the CIA mole and Bracken partner. Therefore, right now no one is in immediate danger from the Big Bad. But Kate and Rita know that woman was just a patsy and that the Big Bad is still out there. Rick doesn’t. Kate also knows that if the Big Bad and his/her organization aren’t eliminated, she, Rick and their family/friends will always be unsafe, hence her need to investigate and identify them.
      By not living with Rick, she hopes she can keep him from finding out that she is investigating. She fears that if he does, he will follow her or investigate independently and that could increase the danger of the Big Bad finding out. Remember his life was already threatened in XX and XY b/c of this case. Moreover, Rita essentially told her if she investigated to leave everyone behind. In Kate’s mind, her actions make sense. Disagree if you want but disagree for the right reasons.

• BB says:

Don’t ruin their hate-fest with your logic.

• Harvey says:

Yeah here is the thing, the logic only seems good if we just forget about all the bad things. I mean they can’t possibly think that if Kate investigates, and if actually gets something, then Castle would be in danger. The only way she will not put him in danger is if she isn’t investigating. So until she’s doing that, there is not much that not being with Castle can do to keep him safe. There is just no logic in that. Castle never finds out that the AG woman wasn’t the real culprit, that’s the way the writers just want us to look at and none other. In any logical sense, she’s not keeping him safe by being away from him.

• CastleBuzz says:

Harvey, I think that’s the crux of the story arc. Is Kate’s reasoning right or wrong? Can she pull this off or not? Will Rick get himself involved or give her the space she’s requested? Once she gets something on the Big Bad, she probably expects then to have some idea who she can trust in the CIA, FBI, AG, and NYPD. At that point she may be able to turn it over to them, let Castle know what’s been going on, and get back to him. That would be her best case scenario. Just speculation on my part.
          Right or wrong, Kate has been down this path before with Bracken. How do you keep yourself and your loved ones safe when there’s an entity who wants you dead? As a cop, her natural response is identify and conquer. If you don’t, the threat is always there. It can pop up out of the blue as it did with XY-XX with a two year old computer request.

• Harvey says:

Exactly, she has been on this path before. In Always, she resigned and in the premiere episode, she had chosen to be with Castle rather than go with the obsession and then even when she did find it out, she rather made a deal than do anything stupid. Here that is not happening, her priorities had changed with character development in season 5, now they are changed again with character going backwards.

• CastleBuzz says:

Her priorities have NOT changed. In her mind, she has to track down this new, bigger-than-Bracken threat or she and Castle et al will never be free of it. When she made that deal with Bracken, she knew what Bracken was and he knew that she knew. It was a mutually assured destruction tactic. She didn’t have the evidence to prove what he was. He couldn’t take her out without it creating an investigation. Once she had the proof the deal was off. This new entity is unknown, but will be ever present. If a two-year old data search by her could result in the death of five AG agents, the Big Bad could rear its ugly head again at any time.

• Harvey says:

No, not only after she made the deal with Bracken. But even before that, at the end of Always she resigned. She finally chose Castle over the obsession without knowing who it was who came after her or her mother, so her priority has changed. Then, she’s not planning to quit I think and that means even if she does find this big bad, there will be others and she can’t just keep leaving every time.

@castlebuzz

i agree that in her mind she really thinks that. and if he does find out…he will get into more trouble but maybe that brings them back together! her having to save him once again.

• castle lover says:

from the pics i saw someone comes to castle’s house/loft with a gun pointed at him…..so wow, danger could be coming…..esp 5!

• MelindaB says:

So to me, that makes her even more selfish if she wasn’t thinking of shielding Rick from danger by moving out. Actually, by trying to hide what she’s doing, she’s putting everyone in more danger because they don’t know that they need to beware. Has she been paying attention the last seven years? Castle’s likely to figure things out sooner or later. And it’s just her and some computer analyst/hacker that she just met against some shadowy conspiracy made up of unknown people with unknown clout? Yeah, I see nothing going wrong with that scenario.

• CastleBuzz says:

Melinda: “Yeah, I see nothing going wrong with that scenario.”
          And therein lies the risk and the drama. Kate believes that as long as Rick and the others believe the threat is over because the Big Bad is dead (the suicide), they will be safer. She knows that won’t last forever.

• Harvey says:

So she’s going to take the whole organization down alone, or okay with a low level analyst who she didn’t know much long ago, and that also very quickly when she wasn’t able to even find Bracken for more than a decade and only did with help??

• CastleBuzz says:

Harvey – admittedly it’s a longshot. I think Beckett knows that. I also think she’s not expecting to “take the whole organization down” singlehandedly (w/ Vikram’s help) but rather hopes to identify who’s involved and who’s safe to trust. She trusts Vikram b/c 1) he was being targeted in XY and XX and 2) he had several opportunities to kill her in the same eps.

• Harvey says:

Yeah, but I would think Beckett would still not be that open with Vikram. At the end of the day, there could be a lot of things wrong with Vikram, then the fact that Castle did say he was about to kill her, or at least, might have been about to. That would probably have been more of a thing for everyone, if not for the fact that the story itself had many other flaws, and flaws in character, for this to become a small thing.

23. Slayer says:

‘Caleb Brown’? Coincidentally Nathan Fillion played the role of ‘Caleb’, a serial killer in ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’. ‘Detective ‘Sully’ was the name of the detective in Season 6 coincidentally Nathan voiced a character in ‘Monsters University’ that ‘Sully’.

• DarkDefender says:

Wow… that’s a stretch, at best.
      FYI: NF”s character in Monster’s University was named Johnny.

@slayer,

i know right that was so weird when i heard that name “celeb” too. he was evil…..um….i don’t know about “monsters” movie never saw it.

24. Crazy says:

Let’s see how many will be saying Beckett will end up cheating in Castle or she’ll make it look like she cheating to keep Castle away from her. If they go down this path it’ll ruin Beckett.

• John NYC says:

“If” an asteroid hits the OneTwo and kills everyone the show will also be destroyed.

#WhyNotTuneIN? #NextWeek

• Rick says:

I see the writers letting her have an affair. And then Kate tells Castle she just did it to save him. Any man would buy that. I don’t see how a wife walking away from her husband leads to a return to the first 4 seasons of two people trying to work out a relationship. Single and having affairs is definitely different than married and having affairs tho I don’t expect the writers to understand that. These writers are the same type that every year write the new world beating ABC shows that last 2 or 3 episodes. lets face it, Castle was a fun show that is now in the toilet with no hope of recovery.

25. Every show he’s in gets cancelled so now we know this will be Castle’s last season. Thanks, Polaha.

• jess says:

We can say the same thing about Nathan projects before Castle, Does that mean that Castle is still on the air because of Stana?
      Oh boy…

@jess

wow! i didn’t think of that one! way to put that idea in my head. She good in all but only cause both of them worked well…….so it’s hard to say. I didn’t really know each one before Castle.

• BoboTheRaven says:

And we can say the same thing about Stana’s prior projects. Oh, right. She didn’t have any.

• sam says:

I am sorry, but you must brief me on Nathan’s prior projects. You can skip Fire Flies. He has mentioned that. What else. I did not know him before Castle.

26. I Give Up says:

Woah!!! I haven’t seen this level of taking sides since the halcyon days of the XFiles. Only much of that was fuelled by the fact that the two leads didn’t get on ….oh wait……LOL!! If anyone still thanks that the writers are twisting themselves into a pretzel over ways to keep Caskett apart for purely storytelling purposes then I have a bridge for sale.

• John NYC says:

They’re also NOT “keeping Caskett apart. They’ve a lot of scenes together. Just not rolling around in the sheets scenes, solving cases scenes abound.

• I Give Up says:

Where are all these scenes? I must have missed them. All I’ve seen is one person’s face and a wig in most of them.

@i give up

um….i haven’t seen much either but i do have to say that just because they are not hitting the sheets, kissing and holding hands every two seconds don’t mean that they haven’t been together, i think that word means different things to different people. I haven’t found this “separation” all that bad. i mean, yes they aren’t cuddly with each other but they are working together-Castle way of “winning” her back. and maybe this will be good for them, you never know.
          and what face and wig? i don’t get it, did i miss that too?

27. Tania Gruttemeyer says:

I guess we should start call this Beckett instead of Castle

28. LindaG says:

I am not happy yet another problem is here.I do not think there will be an affair,I do think this may be the guy they hook Alexis up with though.Remember they are giving her a grown up relationship.He would be just the ticket.

29. Matt Stone says:

I know quite a few people will think she may cheat, but I don’t buy it. The show runners keep saying we will find their story line satisfying in the end. If they have her cheat there won’t be anyone watching to see this “Big Payoff”. Even with every thing they have done, I gotta believe they’re not stupid enough to make her cheat. There would be no saving the show from that. This show is supposed to be Castle not Scandal. Please keep it that way?
    Also it would kill any of the spark, banter, and fun that we were promised.

• ndixit says:

I don’t think they will have Beckett cheat. No way the execs are that delusional.

• lurker says:

I guess no one thought that execs were that delusional to separate them in season 8 in order to emphasize the “great love story”, and here we are.

• Crazy says:

If Beckett was to cheat with the new guy there would be no way to fix that and plus it would destroy who Beckett is. Beckett & Castle are so against cheating. Castle divorce his 1st wife because she cheated. Beckett also has said she would never cheat with anyone when she is in a relationship. So I don’t think the writers will go this route. Yet Beckett also could make Castle and others think she did so that she can keep Castle away from her while she goes after the ghost.

@crazy

if that happens to be the case a “fake affair” then i will go and kill them all of them myself, and me being in forensics I could get away with it! (now this was just kidding about the murder thing but I am in forensics-have been for years, so i know some tricks).

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Oh now it’s an affair? my bus ride home was long.

• DarkDefender says:

Yes. The affair she forgot she had while she was married to the first husband, she also forgot she had. I think she asked fake Jenkins to help her forget. :P

• mine says:

lol matt looks like your having a field day with all the comments you get on castle article

• fbr says:

Have you heard of Pass the Message game, or called by another term, Chinese whispers.
            Tends to be the inevitable fate in these type situations.

• Joe says:

Beckett would never cheat because shevisc”one and done” remember??? Oh right…OK 3 and done possibly…

@matt stones

i am still not sure about this “pay off” we are suppose to get, i believed once in the writers and got burned-sorry about that word- and now i am told to trust again, shakes head, i just don’t think that it will be what we think or want.
      do i think they will cheat not a chance…not even pretend to!

30. Hege says:

Why not split this show in two? Beckett can get her own show. Then those of us that love Castle can actually watch the show we love.

• Matt Stone says:

Just put them back together. Make them work out the damage She’s caused. Let them take down LockSat together. Have them navigate through their changing roles. Have them ride off into the so called “sunset” as the series ends.

@matt stones

i like that idea. sounds good enough for me at this time to suggest that. i might have to write that in my thoughts over at ABC panel tonight. no really,cool idea, i write them everything that i can think of on my weekly emails, if i liked the show.

• jess says:

Hahaha
      Castle is Castle because of Caskett, not Caskett not Castle

@hege

let’s do it and see which show can last longer,
      one with just castle…..
      .and one with just Beckett
      then have them both join for the finale…..series finale, then everyone wins!

• lindag413 says:

Why not just have Alexis call her mother and Meridith can visit at the loft,she can make a play for Castle yet again and play mind games yet again with Kate,that way it’s old ground yet again instead of new ground with a married couple.Mr. And Mrs.Smith could mean so very much,like the movie remake they reunite after hellfire.Even the original movie the couple reunites.
        Have them cover new ground and take down the bad guys.
        All the hate Kate is getting old here,I love Castle but he is acting yet again like a 40+ man boy on a sugar rush.Any time Kate has come to him has been when he manned up and said he was done.Enough with the girly screams and check your man parts and get it done.It may just work out fine,if the writers do not go on another round TwighlightZone.
        Orrrrr……we can wake up and it was all a bad dream…..

31. Rhea Skolnik says:

changing the storyline that took 3 years to build will ruin the show. The past two weeks have been strange and hard to follow. The criminal aspect has been original and very clever writing. Do more of that original writing. Breaking up the couple will turn viewers off. Their interactions were warm . Why introduce negativity.

• JImN says:

These new show runners must be geniuses. It took Marlowe 6 seasons to screw up the show. These new guys did it in 3 episodes. Genius.

@rhea s

you are right the COW was very interesting for me. I can at least count on that part. so maybe this “pay off” as they call it might be worth waiting a few more esp for. i might actually might be surprised, so far this season i have been shocked. (not all the good ways either).

32. So, we are pretty much in for watching a replay of season 1-4 of the will they won’t they but instead of getting together it is getting back together. I’m sorry bit if they keep us waiting until even half the season for them to reunite, they are making Castle look like a doormat. I mean he fought to get with her for 4 years. Finally get married after 2 and a half and don’t even make it a year as a married couple before Beckett once again pushes him away for one of her personal vendettas. Castle doesn’t even appear to be mad that she left him… he only cares about winning her back. Really!!! If it happened to anybody else Beckett’s you know what would be served with divorce papers. Sorry about my rant, but I have followed this show from day one and cannot believe this is the best the new show runners could come up with for season 8.

@gerald o
      .for me Castle doesn’t really get mad ect……he jokes (sometimes to us not funny) in his way of coping with things, and for me that’s what he is doing…….
      .as for Beckett she believes in her mind (right or wrong to us) thinks that this is the way that she has to protect him, she never really lets anyone in, she’s going back to her old ways…..before she meet him.
      in my eyes she does need this time and to trust more, maybe this will be like always where she finally figures things out! or maybe she takes down the guy and Castle never really finds out.
      .and they say there is a “pay off” coming, where have we (fans) heard that before.

33. John Monaghan says:

There is no way they dislike each other they’re just different people he’s just a big lump a fun and she’s into opera serious books fashion and arty films and she’s a geek!The way they act with each other there’s no way they hate each other!

34. skrable2 says:

This is the most illogical and poorly executed separation since the disastrous break-up on “Mad About You.”
    The only “big payoff” that could satisfy the vast majority of the fan base is putting them back together again … which wouldn’t have been necessary if they didn’t split them in the first place.
    How long will it be until they go full “final season Moonlighting” on us and have separate episodes for Beckett and Castle?

35. I Give Up says:

You can just imagine Beckett saying to Castle “We were on a break!!!” How fun will that be….not

36. annek says:

This just cemented the fact that tonight instead of watching a sombaro clad, silly Castle whose 3rd wife and love of his life just left him, i will put in Flowers For Your Grave and try and forget this mess of a season ever happened.

37. Blurgh says:

Doing my best to trust and believe in this new direction, but it’s not easy.

38. lindag413 says:

I think this is it for posting anymore or reading anymore,it goes way off the rails,Kate haters line up after every new announcement ,then the personal attacks start on Nathan and Stana and it is just crazy.
    What I will do is watch the show.I have faith that it will get better,period.
    What I do not like is the bully attitude here ,if someone has any positive comments they get buried.
    I do not care if Stana and Nathan get along in real time ,they are actors they are on a tv show and for years this crap has circulated and the show is still here.
    I love the show.I hope for the best.

@lindag413

exactly what is happening, here…….i don’t really care either what they do or don’t is just their business. I can careless , i don’t follow them every two seconds. i just hope that things can get back to what i want to see. which it is slowly! i hate the bashing here but i do like to see why everyone has their thoughts, something must be doing something right to last more then most shows.

• NDFan says:

It really keeps getting worse and worse, and the theories become more and more outlandish. I like discussing the show and of course not all things are positive, but its really moved beyond that here. Way too personal.

39. katie says:

That`s it for ma.This was my favorite show but now not so much.They have taken a great show and mad it sad.Kate and Castle were magic and to break them up and bring in a new guy is wrong.Please just end it.

@katle

don’t get all upset cause they are added people, it’s not like anything is going to happen here. he might turn out to be the man that she is hunting down. i think that this is just another shake up. nothing to be really worried about, oh but wait, i forgot about the “big pay off” for us fans……how could i have forgotton about that (they mentioned it like a hundred times now).
      .i want to see more and more of this!

• John NYC says:

? Shows have guest stars all the time. Heck THIS show has had guests all the time. So they’re doing what they’ve and everybody else always does and that’s a deal breaker and you’re finished with the show?

Overreact much?

But, HYOH.

40. Stefanie says:

Don’t the writers ever think about what they are doing to the characters when they go off the rails with crazy plots??? They will ultimately get Castle and Beckett back together but they have done irreparable damage to the character of Katherine Beckett! They have destroyed her most admirable qualities!!!

41. lame says:

Remember when RC said his fear was that if he and Beckett had a child he would have to raise it on his own like he did when Meredith’s obsession left him as a single parent. How ominous is that beginning to appear with Beckett chasing one obsession followed by another. Will this qualify Beckett as deep fried part two.

42. Carla Thomas says:

As far as I’m concerned, Castle has jumped the shark. Not watching anymore I’m done!

43. Kent says:

This year is so stupid we quit watching!!!

44. Polly says:

i quit watching.

45. Luis says:

I loved him on Backstrom!

46. Brad says:

I think the new guy could come between castle and Beckett professional he being public defender could hire castle to work for him as PI and look into case at 12th putting castle at odds with beckett and boys that would be great season 8

47. R says:

Finally a sexy good looking guy in Castle. LOL. Obviously nothing will happen between Kate and this guy but I can’t help thinking of my all time favorite OTP, Captain Frank Furillo and Public Defender Joyce Davenport of the legendary Hill Street Blues. Oh, there was tons of sizzle and spark between these two both at work and outside work. Also they were separated for awhile because of some stubid reason I can’t remember any more and brought back together at the end of the series. And the separation didn’t do much good to this show either. So what’s been done to Caskett is nothing new under the Hollywood sky, unfortunately.

Anyway, welcome on board Kris Polaha.

• fran says:

Bring him on. I too am looking forward to a sexy good looking guy on Castle. And please. please, please writers do not make him silly and immature.
      Stana looked so good with Dr. Motorcycle Guy. That alone was worth tuning in for,
      Don’t they realize that sometimes eye candy is needed.

48. Amanda says:

As much as I like Kris Polaha, I’m kinda bummed because he has the worst like with TV. Bit of a showkiller. Super cute though. ;)

49. Kelly says:

Yet another new character? Make it stop! One of the best parts of last night’s episode was that Vikram or Hayley weren’t taking screen time away from my favorite characters.

• Jim R. says:

Castle…season 8. I don’t like the writers storyline that Beckett decides to separate from
      Castle under the ruse that it is a concern for his safety. Balderdash. That’s an enigma.
      Her enemies would certainly know that she is married even though separated. Threats
      to Castle would have the same effect whether living together or apart. Dilutes the storyline to a juvenile level that has lost my following as a fan.

50. Jon says:

I think after seven seasons, it’s time to drop Castle from the PVR, as there are now better shows out there, that don’t put us through this breakup nonsense again.