The Walking Dead Season 6 Premiere

The Walking Dead Season 6 Premiere Recap: Walk This Way

In the sixth season premiere of The Walking Dead, Rick laid out a dangerous but doable plan to dispense with a quarry full of walkers before they broke through the semis that had blocked them in and marched on Alexandria (or attracted a whole lot MORE walkers with their argh’ing). And it went really well.

Just kidding.

It went awry. Like, completely and totally, disastrously awry. And if you keep reading, I’ll explain how.

TIME WARP | Although the episode jumped back and forth between the past and present (and, for that matter, stylish black-and-white and color), I’ll try to lay things out for us in linear fashion. Ready? Picking up where the fifth season finale left off, Deanna told Gabriel that he had been wrong about Rick, Eugene was as thrilled to see that Tara had recovered as she was to see that his mullet hadn’t been harmed, Enid held Carl’s hand, Glenn lied about how he and Nicholas had been injured in the woods, and Rick and Morgan began the process of getting to know each other for the “first time again” (the turn of phrase which gave the installment its title). Which wasn’t as easy as it sounds. Although Deanna agreed with Rick that a killer like Pete shouldn’t be buried within the walls — “Let the trees have him,” the widow said — Morgan didn’t believe that his old friend would really just drop the body in the woods. “That’s not who you are,” Morgan insisted. Oh, but it is, Rick countered. Before this particular debate could go on for very long, the men discovered the quarry full of walkers and had to save Ron, who’d followed them to see where (and if) his father was buried. Realizing that Pete’s son had seen and heard everything, Rick then began digging a grave in which to bury the wife beater.

THE BEST DEFENSE | Back in Alexandria, Rick argued that they had to deal with the quarry walkers fast, before their moans and groans attracted an even larger mob of them. His scheme? Since walkers travel in herds, he wanted to free them and lead them away from Alexandria. One local in particular, Carter (Ethan Embry), was vehemently opposed to the idea, and wanted instead to just build up the walls around the community. But Deanna poo-pooed his objections. Among the volunteers for the mission were Abraham, Sasha, Daryl, Gabriel (immediately nixed by Rick), Glenn and, against Glenn’s wishes, Nicholas. Before starting the prep work, Glenn encouraged Maggie to support Deanna, noting that it was important that the Alexandrians see their leader bouncing back from Reg’s death. At the same time as Rick was dealing with Carter, and getting awkwardly reacquainted with Morgan, he was also quietly clashing with Daryl over the benefit of bringing in any more survivors. (Rick was against it; Daryl, for.)

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL | Tara was shocked when Maggie revealed not only that Nicholas had gotten Noah killed but that he’d also tried to murder Glenn. How was Maggie not calling for Nicholas’ exile?!? That was Maggie’s impulse, she admitted. But then she thought about Tara and how close they had become (in spite of Tara’s history with the Governor). Looking at the situation from that perspective, Tara was okay with following Glenn and Maggie’s forgiving lead. Elsewhere, Eugene got caught eavesdropping as Carter tried to convince some fellow Alexandrians that they had to kill Rick and reclaim their community. Carter was just about to put a bullet in Eugene’s beautifully coiffed head when in walked Rick, Daryl and Morgan. Ruh-roh. Easily disarming Carter, Rick lost more points with Morgan by aiming the gun at the mutineer and asking, “Do you have any idea who you’re talking to?” Rick seemed to gain back those points, however, when he offered to let Morgan hold Judith and invited him to move in with his family. Later, Rick attempted to explain to Jessie that he’d been keeping his distance to let her deal with her sons in the aftermath of their father’s demise. But she was more interested in telling him never to scold Ron again. Also, she didn’t want Rick to teach her how to use a firearm, she’d already arranged for Rosita to train her.

AND THEY’RE OFF | During a dry run of Rick’s plan, the walkers pushed a semi off a cliff, which left the Alexandrians no choice but to act right then and there. “We’re not ready!” Carter cried. Tough s—, Rick replied. At first, it went fine. Sasha assured Abraham that she had no intention of risking her life by going “buck wild with the breath-impaired,” and Nicholas assured Heath (Corey Hawkins) that if Glenn said the three of them could handle the task of clearing the walkers out of a tractor store, then they could. (And, in fact, they did.) Even Carter had to admit that Rick’s plan was working. Until, all of a sudden, it wasn’t. Carter was bitten in the face by a walker, and if he didn’t stop screaming, he was going to draw the walkers off the path everyone had worked so hard to send them down. Desperate, Rick broke his neck… in front of Morgan and Michonne. Afterward, Rick gave them both orders, which they followed. “I know it’s how it is,” said Morgan. Michonne agreed. But they certainly didn’t seem to mean it. Finally, as the episode drew to a close, it looked like things were back on track. Not perfect — RIP, Carter — but on track. So, of course, that was when a horn began blaring, drawing the walkers from the path and toward the sound. Even worse, the sound was coming from Alexandria!

So, did you like the premiere? Are you Team Rick/Carol or Team Morgan/Daryl/Michonne? Hit the comments!

1. Matt says:

Amazing premiere! Loved the black and white flashbacks. And that ending was terrifying. I can’t imagine what chaos is about to hit Alexandria.

2. Ian says:

I don’t know, I just found this premiere really slow and a tad underwhelming.
    I’m enjoying Abraham’s and Sasha’s chemistry though. Am I the only one thinking the show’s building something between those 2?

• Jax&Juice's Girl says:

I doubt it besides he’s w/Rosita

• Homesick says:

I’m always hoping. Nothing against Jessie & Rick, but they are too obvious and I’d like a long established relationship for what’s the first actual romance since Glenn & Maggie.

• John Jacob says:

The connection is they both feel suicidal and “don’t care” if they live or die. Sasha is coming around but Abraham is getting more reckless.

• spaceface says:

Did you not notice that Abraham might be going a little crazy. He tells Sasha that he might have gotten brains in his ear when Rick shot Porch Dick and she looks at him like he’s crazy and moment awkward. Yes you are the only that thinks that. I don’t think anyone listens to the actual dialogue anymore.

• Joe says:

Well Abraham asked Sasha if she was going on the run to die which she laughed off, but when the camera stayed on Abraham’s back for awhile I felt she didn’t ask him the same question and I think when he got out the car and back in, it finally clicked for her and she looked worried that he was only there to maybe die and has to some extent given up.

• Ray says:

I think the soldier in him is trying to pull her out of her suicidal slide she was on last season. Showing her how dangerous she is being.

3. Gabriel Anthony says:

Loves the whole black and white flashbacks. It was the best première after the pilot episode. I’m so glad that Scott Gimple is the EP after season 4. The man knows how to work and make things interesting. Looking forward to an amazing season 6. And omg, the end of the episode was so freaking tense, gosh…

4. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The black and white flashbacks was good…….all those walkers going towards Alexandria who the F is honking that horn?!!!!! That kid Ron that little boy I hate his ass already I hope Carl kills him!

• Lexi says:

I wanted to bitch slap his mom when she was chewing rick out … really??? Next time rick needs to just let that brat become walker jerky ….

• Homesick says:

Jessis is not Carol, she might have been abused too but she’s used to have men lined up for her to do her bidding. And she has never really had to protect anyone like Carol has, nor has had to lose someone she didn’t want to lose either.

Jessie is used to wait for someone to protect her. She can always find someone else to help her. She has never made the effort to find someone she could help instead.

• CountryQueen says:

She was right though. No way would her kid listen to Rick. Would you listen to the person who killed your dad like that? I think she’s a bit taken a back too. Which is good for me. No romance for the Rickster please.

5. AngelWasHere says:

I thought it was pretty bland for a premiere and I hated the black &white flashbacks. :/ *sigh* Oh well….

• AngelWasHere says:

B/w I dont think I would of disliked the black & white flashbacks so much if they weren’t so scattered and they were way in the past. Like black/white for things that happened only yesterday? They also jumped around too much. It was almost confusing.

• Tishima says:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I was expecting a more BANG for this season’s premiere. Truthfully, it was a bit on the boring side. The black/white flashbacks were yawnville. Boring boring and boring. A major letdown after such big expectations.

• Big Mike says:

As someone who says “would of” instead of “would have”, your opinion is hereby invalidated. Please pick up your elementary school grammar textbook on your way out.

• Curlan Johnson says:

I have to agree about the confusing comment. I may even have to go as far as saying weird. This was an episode you had to focus on to follow. I felt that they strayed a little to much from the last 5 seasons. The whole zombie round up came across as gimmicky.

• betty says:

I agree it was confusing. I hated the black and white back and forth. But I still love TWD.

• AngelWasHere says:

I’m glad I’m not the only one who thought so. :) I hope the next episode is a bit more exciting with no black & white or long flashbacks.

• IMHO says:

Were you bitten recently …?
      It would explain so much.

6. phil says:

I think Rick stabbed Carter in the back of the head as he turned it sideways. I thought he broke his neck at first, too.

7. veronica says:

the scale of the production was great—not sure the flashback/forward was necessary bc the story was interesting enough without it—we all wanted to know what happened next after the finale last season. regardless, stellar opening…that horn better have a good explanation. also Eugene’s falling into the kitchen rack was hilarious.

8. James D says:

Outstanding episode. best premiere in a long time. loved the black and white. So happy Lennie James is back he is such a gifted actor and Morgan is an awesome character, wishful thinking here but I hope he “sticks around”(I think i just made a pun :)). So was the horn coming from inside Alexandria or near it, is it Nagan being the devil he is or is it something else? can’t wait to find out.

9. Cameron says:

Who honks the horn

• omar says:

it has to be that kid Ron, or whatever his name is.

• Dan says:

Or the priest….

• Christina says:

I think it was Enid. I think she’s a spy for the wolves, I’ve always thought that. She either blew the horn herself or she tipped the wolves off on Rick’s plan and they did.

• Kristen says:

I said the same thing on another post! Well, not it being Enid, but someone in the community being a “double agent” or “mole” for the wolves. I’m still waiting to see more of them in the series. It would make sense that it could be Enid. She came into Alexandria without parents from what I remember, so maybe she was planted there by the wolves, and her allegiance is really with them. Or maybe her parents are part of the wolves, and it’s a double win for them. She feeds them information, and she’s ultimately in what is considered the safest place for her. My money is that the horn is coming from either the wolves or Gabriel. He needs to be banned from Alexandria. He is putting everyone at risk.

• Mindless Viewer says:

Pretty sure the two wolves (that Morgan let live and put in the car) were honking the horn. This sets up an eye opening experience for Morgan… that Rick, who leaves nothing to chance, is right and Morgan needs to change his philosophy. The Wolves don’t want Rick marching those walkers in their direction… so, in a way, it is understandable they would blow the whistle on that parade. The parade also demonstrates that the Alexandria Community is a threat to their neighbors and to the Wolves and need eliminated… although the Wolves don’t seem to need an excuse to kill people. So no, the “horny” person is not someone inside the community.

• Christina says:

I think Enid is a wolf and she tipped the wolves off on Rick’s plan and they’re blowing the horn. That or Enid is blowing it herself.

There’s a lot of things about Enid in season 5 that tell me she’s a wolf.

• Jack says:

Probably the Wolves

• Christina says:

I think the wolves and Enid are working together. Enid tipped the wolves off on Rick’s plan and they’re blowing the horn.
        That or she’s blowing it herself.
        I’ve always sworn she was a wolf since she was introduced in season 5

10. Walkie@gmail.com says:

The black and white was awful. It was needless and distracting. And that’s a shame because it ruined what was a good episode.

11. Liza says:

A herd of walkers that size and no kids? They haven’t shown a child Walker in ages! That is just not realistic.

12. I didn’t get to sit through every minute of the episode so I’m probably missing something, but I don’t get why Rick thought they needed to do anything about the pit. It had been working to trap walkers for years, right? But my first thought when seeing it was dynamite it or something and bury the walkers in it.

• Big Mike says:

The earth under the semi on the ridge was eroding. That particular semi was blocking the walkers path directly towards Alexandria. As you saw in the beginning of the episode, the ground did indeed give way. Had there been no plan in place, the entire herd would’ve just headed straight for Alexandria (which ended up happening anyway, but that’s neither here nor there).

• Heather says:

I thought the same thing – why not just burn all those walkers??

• Big Mike says:

Fuel is a precious resource. You’re going to waste that much of it, with no guarantee of killing the walker’s brain?

• Liz985 says:

Yeah, but Walkers with no legs aren’t much of a threat. Could have thinned the herd considerably before any of them got loose.

• Jack says:

We have already been shown that fire does no good against walkers

• scooby says:

Or simply put more barriers along the path to keep the walkers from getting out. There are plenty of cars sitting around that they could have used. Trying to control thousands of walkers for 20 miles like you’re herding cattle is just dumb.

• Kate says:

The problem is the bigger the trapped walker horde, the louder they are, the more walkers they attract from longer distance to the Alexandria area. They couldn’t reinforce the path to block the walkers because the ground was eroding under the semi truck. If they waste fuel to turn the quarry into a giant walker bonfire, that would attract more walkers (and sociopath humans) to Alexandria. A few flaming walkers will inevitable escape and cause a forest fire (remember that they are in a drought).

• sam says:

Where did you see they’re in a drought? It rained incredibly hard not that long ago which cause them to take refuge in that barn. Then Rick mentioned “another hard rain” which means it has been raining.

• Mikes Bikes says:

Agreed. Stupid decision from strategic and tactical POV. Just like every decision Rick has made since deciding to leave the prison. Classic horror writing. Like; “I’m being chased by a mad-man (or monsters) I know! I’ll run into this abandoned house”. used in so many slasher films. Given that the walkers have become an easy foe to defeat, stuff like this has to be written into the story to keep it moving. WD would be pretty boring otherwise.

13. Monica McCann says:

Not a fan of the black and white.

14. Stefan says:

I loved how they structured the episode. It made it much more interesting to watch. Sorry but in my opinion if you felt confused, you must be plain stupid. God forbid producers give you something different from straightforward storytelling…
    Anyway, awesome premiere. Keep up the good work!!

• Kel Doucette says:

But simply changing the way the story is told for no other reason to show off is stupid too. It is hard to follow new storytelling techniques in a season premiere when we haven’t watched it in a while.

• Britt says:

We had flashbacks before and had no trouble understanding them in color. So to me it’s just a big why.

• Phoenix5632 says:

Totally agree with you Stefan, this was an awesome premiere! Anyone who wasn’t able to follow the flashbacks, an therefore didn’t like the episode becuz of that, must have been dropped as a child or something, plain stupidity.

15. Eddy says:

I think it was a great premiere for the show. The black and white, was a good way of making the difference ( easy for the viewers ), between the different time lines. I think the whole episode was full of action and it was very good as the start of a new season. The characters keep evolving ( that’s something I love about TWD), and some of them are turning really interesting. No one is black or white here, everybody is like in the real world, in shades of grey.

16. WWP says:

Loved the black and white segments, and the way they structured the story. That’s what I love about this series, it takes chances and more often than not, they pay off.

And I have to say I loved all the drops of humor through out, especially from Eugene. Thank god for him, he relieves the otherwise unrelenting grimness.

17. Azerty says:

The flashbacks really didn’t work for me and for the first time I thought an episode of TWD was too long. TWD is great at building tension, it really is but in this episode everytime the tension or the action started to rise, boum a flashback to explain what and why. I like fb usually but it broke the rythm for me and I couldn’t get into it, either the present scenes which were to short or the flashback which were too long. Maybe with a better balance between them it would have worked…Anyway I hope next episode will improve.

18. Robert Hovatter says:

Hated the black and white. I had to watch black and white as a kid I have a color TV and would like to see everything in color.

19. Sarah_ says:

Very good premiere and the stakes are higher then ever…i hope in next week episode that they can kill the walkers that escape following the noise. I’m really interested who was the idiot that had the horn blazing at Alexandria;! What an idiot..
    Can’t wait for next week.

• Jack says:

I’m assuming that the ones blasting the horn are the Wolves, to screw up their plans to divert the walkers

• Christina says:

I agree that the wolves are the ones blowing the horn but I also think Enid (girl Carl has a crush on who climbs the wall) is a wolf and she’s the one who tipped them off on Rick’s plan.

• Phoenix5632 says:

It’d make a lot of sense because this season I get the feeling theyre doing a lot of “how other people could have changed”. Hear me out… First episode we seen Rick and Carter going head to head a lot, both of them are basically very similar people to start, but Ricks experiences, and Carters inexperience during the apocalypse is what sparked most the conflict between them. And with Carl and Enid or whatever her name, they are also very similar people by the looks of it, but Carl has been in a good hearted group since the beginning. And if Enid is part of the Wolves, she basically fell in the bad group. So it’ll be very interesting seeing what happens next.

• Christina says:

Yep now that you said that that’s exactly where they’re going with Carl and Enid’s relationship. Good points

20. Phoenix5632 says:

Lol they should have an episode where they go through a zoo, or near a zoo and run into some apex predators, like maybe some lions or rhino or alligators or something, haha that’d make for some cool scenes. We’ve seen dogs survive this long, why not even tougher zoo animals.

21. Phoenix5632 says:

Awesome Premiere! Might be my favourite thus far! Nicely done. And for the people who didn’t understand the time jumping flashbacks and didn’t like the episode because of that, you’re all half witted Lemmings.

22. Excelibur says:

I loved the episode although I didn’t get the part where Abraham was drinking and placing a ring on the bottle. Whose ring was that?
    What I’m thinking is that this season might be the last of Rick, he’s losing himself more and more and his companions are beginning to doubt his ways. Not sure who will take over but I think we’ll be getting more of Carl this season.

• Phoenix5632 says:

Abraham was just remembering his wife and stuff that has happened with that ring, was just a random wedding band. It kind of looks like he’s considering giving up. When him and Sasha volunteered to lead the walkers in the car, he asked her if she was doing this cause she wanted to die, he was looking for validation with that question. And I don’t see a show without Rick, and his group still trusts him. If anything I see Carl being killed off before Rick, but probably neither of them. Although episode 2’s trailer has me wondering if Carl will survive, his recent love interest may come at a price for him.

23. Christina says:

I think Enid blew the horn. I think she’s a wolf and either she blew it or she tipped the wolves off on Rick’s plan and they did it.

Please tell me I’m not the only one with this theory!!

24. Tell says:

I think it was Gabriel blowing the horn. Rick should have taken Gabriel just to keep an eye on him. He’s already sabotaged so much. Now he’s out there blowing Gabriel’s horn.

• Christina says:

I don’t think it was Gabriel. The wolves are supposed to be the main threat this season so I think it’s gotta be them. And I’ve suspected Enid to be a wolf since season 5.

Bear with me:
      When Carl met Enid, Ron told him that she came to Alexandria from the outside, alone, 8 months prior. Carl had found a comic book titled “Wolf Fight” and Ron tells him it’s Enid’s. She’s always climbing the walls to go do who knows what– meet up with the wolves? When she and Carl were out in the woods together, they saw a walker and instead of killing it, Enid winds up a kitchen timer and throws it to distract the walker with the sound while they ran. Using sound to control walkers is such a signature wolf move. The wolves used music to lure the walkers into the food truck traps. And something else I noticed that could be nothing or could be a blatant hint: when she and Carl were hiding in the hollow of that tree, she says to him “Cool. You’re afraid of me too” and then immediately after she says that they show a walker with a W on its forehead and zoom in on it slightly. Like they’re hinting that Carl should be afraid of her because she’s a wolf.

It would make sense that Enid could have been outside the walls and overheard Rick’s plan, and then tipped the wolves off. I think using that horn was a bit too maniacal and strategic of a move for Father Gabriel.

• Phoenix5632 says:

Nice theory, yeah she could very well be a daughter of one of the Wolves, sent to Alexandria as like a Trojan Horse to spy or sabotage. I doubt she’s the one honking tho. Regardless tho, nice theory.

• Christina says:

Thanks. I don’t think she’s blowing the horn either, but I think she tipped the wolves off on Rick’s plan so that they could pull some s*** like that.

I feel like Enid most likely fell in with the Wolves because her family died and they took her in and protected her. Or maybe she’s one of their biological daughters like you said. I know her mother died so maybe she and her wolf-father are just crazy now after losing her.

25. Britt says:

Why did Eugene say there were 12 of them?
    15 of them arrived there, minus Noah that’s 14. Or is he not counting the kids? Or am I being an idiot?

• Phoenix5632 says:

Yeah there’s got to be more than 12 left because Ricks group is almost 12.. Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, Daryl, Carol, Abraham, Eugene, Sasha, Michoane, and that girl who was on the governors side at the prison, so that’s 11, and we know Alexandria has more than 1 person lol. Maybe Eugene was just referring to just the Alexandria population, excluding Ricks group, that might be about right then.

• Phoenix5632 says:

Oh! But then there Abrahams girlfriend or whatever, So Ricks group is 12! Maybe Eugene was just saying 12 cuz that’s all they plan to have left after the plan.

• Britt says:

The girl asked Eugene, ‘How many of you are there?’ to which he replied, ’13… I mean, 12.’

Rick
        Rosita
        Eugene
        Tara
        Gabriel

That’s 14.

• Phoenix5632 says:

Haha nice job filling in the names I missed lol. But yeah, that means Eugene must have been referring to the members of Alexandria before Ricks group, so excluding them. And that would mean Ricks group out numbers of residents of Alexandria.

• Britt says:

The girl who asked Eugene is from Alexandria so she knows how many people they had before Rick & Co. came to town.

And there must be a lot more people in Alexandria than 12.

• Phoenix5632 says:

Becuz Judith can’t do much, before it was basically 13-13, now it’s 13 Rick plus Judith, 12 Alexandria people.. I think based on Eugenes quote ..

• Phoenix5632 says:

That’s what I figured too, there must be more people then 12 in Alexandria, just based on that part episode, but what else could it mean because Ricks is more 12, and the most recent death before Eugene said what he said, was a member of Alexandria. And I was wrong Ricks group would be even with Alexandria if his theory is right, becuz if What Eugene said was referring to the people in Alexandria, it probably wouldn’t include the 3 people who came in the gate that Eugene said it too.

26. Phoenix5632 says:

Glenn better survive! I will stop watching without him. AMC hear this! Cuz I know I’m not alone on this. I have a bad feeling about 3 of my favorite characters this season…

27. Valerie Tower says:

1000 freaking zombies!!!!! LOVED IT!

28. Tim says:

I did not care for it.
    Why release the herd when they could have used more vehicle or built a wall to help keep the herd from escaping, then use fire or something to kill off as many as you ca while they are stick in there. I understand they are trying to be different from the comics, put the scavengers part in the comics shows the rest of Alexandria that ricks group is needed. Now we all know what is going to happen when the zombies enter Alexandria. And instead they are going to blame Rick. They seem to want to make Rick a different character.

29. chrismaglione says:

NO ONE IS ASKING WHY RICK NEEDED TO “FREE” THIS HORDE TO BEGIN WITH!

Seriously people, the pit was a self containing walker zone! instead of wasting barricading resources on pool tabling the zombies as Eugene suggested, use those resources to fortify the pit. Its lasted this long it would last even longer (dont forget Morgans trap making skills).

ONCE AGAIN EVER WALKING DEAD FAN AND CHARACTER IN THE SHOW HAS BEEN FOOLED TO BELIEVE RICKS IDEA WAS CORRECT. IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME ASK YOURSELF WHY HE WASTED TO FREE THIS HORDE!

• Phoenix5632 says:

Actually Ricks plan was the best idea to do, if that horn didn’t go off it would have worked too. If it would have succeeded it would have proven to the community Rick knows what he’s doing and they should listen to him, but someone sabotaged the plan.

And you say why not just keep them in the pit, and put some vehicles infront of it to block them in?… Well the noise would continue to draw more Walkers in, and they don’t have the resources to waste to burn them, or even shoot that many. And if they just blocked them in, someone like the Wolves could easily release them without Ricks group or the residents of Alexandria even knowing, and that’s a big a risk to take. And lol Morgan’s trapping skills won’t work against a horde of like thousands lol.

Ricks plan was a good plan, but got sabotaged.

• Phoenix5632 says:

Lol they should have set cars up to funnel the walkers out 1 by 1, like the tight squeeze walker, but then just have a woodchipper on that side lol. Also a big armoured snowplow would be cool, or snowblower lol.

• Mikes Bikes says:

The fact is, they didn’t need to release the horde. That had to be the dumbest of all Rick’s ideas. Containment is always the best option when dealing with any group, be it zombies, people, animals or insects. With the time and materials used to build the barricade to deflect the horde west, they could have blocked both ramps into the pit with vehicles AND built a wall across the entrance. What if they had succeeded and marched them 20 miles down the road to the west? Couldn’t the Wolves have just done the same a week later in the opposite direction? Rick’s plan was moronic, That quarry is the perfect solution to the wandering hordes.