Comic-Con

Teen Wolf Season 5B Trailer: Argent Returns, Stiles Fights Scott and More

Teen Wolf fans, you’re not prepared for what you’re about to see.

During its panel at New York Comic-Con on Friday, the MTV drama released the first trailer for Season 5B — as well its Jan. 5 premiere date (9/8c!) — and it’s safe to say this show has never been darker.

For starters, the upcoming batch of episodes will continue to pit the members of Scott’s pack against one another, culminating in a brutal Stiles-on-Scott confrontation the likes of which Twitter has never seen. (Seriously, get ready to tweet the hell out of #Sciles.)

The trailer also hints at a gross, slimy new enemy, one which might actually unite Scott and Theo’s packs — unless, of course, the promise of an alliance is yet another one of Theo’s lies. (Seriously, are we supposed to start trusting this guy again?)

Additional highlights include: Liam and Hayden getting their freak on, Kira (she’s back!) kicking some serious butt, Papa Stilinski in a most-unfortunate position and a very quick shot of… wait, is that… Deucalion?

Oh, and did I mention J.R. freakin’ Bourne is returning? “You’re not the only one I called,” Scott tells Malia as Argent arrives on the scene, guns a-blazin’.

Hit PLAY on the trailer above — as many times as needed — then drop a comment with your many reactions below.

1. Sarah_ says:

Omg!! Great 5b trailer can’t wait for season :)
    That Theo is super annoying lol but I guess we suppose to hate him so…
    Deucalion?? Lol but maybe he can teach Scott how to fight.
    Is Derek even gonna appear again? He is supposedly a recurring character but no sight of him in 5A and this trailer also no hint..
    I hope is as good as it appears.

• Chloe says:

Derek might not be coming back for season 5b but is supposed to be back for season 6

• DL says:

Yeah it looks awesome, I’m just concerned it’ll be a little overcrowded with villains. Deucalion, the oni, the Desert Wolf, the Dread Doctors… Teen Wolf is best when it feels cohesive. When they take the kitchen sink approach and throw in everything it usually ends up feeling messy and unfocused.

• Lene says:

I don’t think Deucalion is a villian. Last we saw, he was on Scott/Derek’s side when he paid for Braeden to rescue Derek. I think he’s actually there to help.

If he wasn’t, then that’ll be guarantee for Derek to come back but I honestly think Scott’s calling in all the favors he can get. (Except Isaac, ofc)

• Grace says:

I agree, but I also think they’re going for the ‘everyone loves Scott and turns good at the end!’ approach (and who can blame them? Scott’s adorable.). Like Lene says below, last we saw Deucalion was good. Also, since the Oni are only seen fighting Kira (in a large open field by herself), I think its more likely that she’ll somehow find a way to use them to help control her foxfire, as they are controlled by the breaking of the tails. I think with so many different story lines, even if not everyone turns out to be a villain, it’ll be confusing and may leave something to be desired, but I guess we’ll see.

• Hannah Lupson says:

Jeff did say that kira will be getting her own episode to see if she has controlled her fox, maybe that’s why the oni were there xx

• NINA says:

Yeah like season 4 sucked because of all that and you see how they basically shunned that season hahaha.

2. James says:

Go Papa Argent!

3. Deise says:

ahammm…..what about Peter? :((((

• Anna says:

He’ll be back, don’t worry:)) Jeff said he would be back in 5b

• Accalaion says:

I’d love that. Really. That’s the only thing disturbing my happiness, that he wasn’t in the trailer. But sadly Ian Bohen said he won’t be in 5B and he should know best.

4. Hipper says:

I don’t care about Liam. Stop trying to make Liam happen.

5. A.d. Williams says:

There’s also an Oni there. It looks like Kira is fighting an Oni. Oh my god what’s happening.

6. hello says:

Let’s just hope we don’t have to deal with Miley Cyrus’ idiotic tongue during dark moments this season

7. Ditzy-D says:

Is it January 5th yet? It looks awesome!

8. Chelsea Baird says:

This is gonna be freakin amazing! !! Ducalin is bad nd lets not forget freakin J.R Bourne holy crap… i wonder who else is gonna pop up!!! Cant wait until jan 5th

9. Alexandre says:

Nice look at the season 5b but i hope Scott is gona be more like a true alpha…. So excited for january 5th.

10. JoJo says:

Is there any way I can download this?

11. Stephanie says:

Just give me Stydia this season.

• mandy.karate@gmail.com says:

Don’t worry there will be stiles is the o ly one who can get into ichen house and get lydia out and Jeff said that it will be a stydia moment cools …. Im not a fan of stydia but that would be a good scene

12. Well I would hate to be apart of Scott’s pack right now
    But looks amazing can’t wait

13. kishan kaintura says:

so excited for 5b……. hope scott will fight this time like a true alpha…..

• James says:

I know! It’s so frustrating how Scott gets beaten in most fights, I really hope Deucalion teaches him how be a true Alpha

14. Lila says:

is that the oni i see in the pics????????? TF!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Lila says:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iS THAT THE ONI I SEE IN THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THE NOGITSUNE BACK?????!!!!!!

• mandy.karate@gmail.com says:

Nah in season 3b the oni were from a kitsunes tails and kira has one its what her dad slammed into the table to stop her from attaking her mum so no…. but why was stiles being so angry and weird omfg if voids back il grate my arm with a cheese grater though excitement yaasss

16. Lila says:

OML THE ONI

17. Lila says:

Oml the oni already so stressed

18. Alrisha says:

Argent is back, so do I.

19. Jason says:

So are we not gonna talk about the fact that Scott is a beta ans not an alpha anymore????!!!?!??!?!!?!!??

• Abby says:

Wow, i just realised that. So many questions in one tiny trailer, Teen wolf producers, what on God’s green earth were u thinking????

• Alrisha says:

He’s never been a true alpha. He is so week and even pathetic some times.

• Paula says:

Scott is still a true alpha. After Scott came back to life after Theo impaled him, his eyes were still red, so he’s hasn’t lost his alpha status. The only one who can take his alpha status is Liam.

20. Meep says:

Wait, what does Papa Stilinski say when he wakes up?

21. Simmy says:

I can’t wait for season 5B, it looks so good. But what happened to Derek? And why is the wait so long?!?

22. Maddy says:

Andy, stop trying to make Sciles happen. It’s not going to happen.

23. Skittles&Bits says:

If Theo isn’t dead by season’s end, I’m done. That little turd ruined Scott and Stiles awesome bromance; I’ll never forgive him. In other news, I hope 5B is actually good. Wishful thinking?

24. rarefied says:

JR Bourne! My main reason to watch has returned.

25. Maria says:

Ohh that’s awsome I want derecck

26. Phoenix5632 says:

YES! Deucalion is back! Finally!

27. Hello says:

BURNING QUESTION – Where is Parrish?!

28. iam_carsom says:

Woow!!! Can’t wait for Jan 5th

29. Viktor says:

Who is Mason macking it up with? Is it Corey?

30. isaac allen says:

yap it sounds great to hear about season 5 and am very greatful for ya all…? and posey,o’brien and alisson i love like you so much keep it up

31. A says:

yay Kira :)

32. Abby says:

OMG!!! Now I’m psyched. Was that Deucalion? No way!!! I’ve been looking forward to his return for seasons now. I’m so excited, can’t wait for January. But seriously, what were d producers thinking when they put 5A and 5B this far apart, well if it was tension they were looking for, they definitely got it. They should have waited till December for the release of this trailer tho, because now I want to punch someone because of my excitement. (Takes a deep breath) wow, rambling much. But I can’t contain myself. Lol.

33. mark says:

where all the rest tho ie isac Lydia x boy friend the twin dude n evey1 else that I have missed they al need to get bk n is Allison commin bk or wat p.s forgive the spelling

• miguel sanchez says:

Isaac has been gone for a while lydias x boy friend left in season 2 he went to london the twins got there knecks snapped while in the giant giy form by a banshee so they couldnt do there power thing anymore they became omegas and one of the died in season 3 buy the oni

34. Rogan Gupta says:

Will Derek and Alison back on s5b ?????

35. erin says:

can’t even breathe right now

36. Ella says:

What is happening with Stiles and Malia?! My heart is breaking for them.

37. Alejandro Ley says:

The music they put after Stilinski said chimera was epic as hell, it makes makes me think of this season as the best season of all, especially with the creation of “la bete” I am more curious to see what it looks like than anything else, also want to know why Malias mom wants to kill Malia so bad, and if Jackson might come back when least expected. Too bad Derek and Allison arent coming back. I am glad Deucalions back hope he sticks around, Argent coming back does add some excitement to the show, he is going to kick some ass!

• Cecilia says:

I still think there is a chance for Allison and Derek to b back because in one of Jeff Davis’s interviews he talked about one of the argents coming back that wasn’t Chris argent. So it would have to be either Kate or Allison, and we all know that resurrection is obviously a possibility. And Parrish was the one who took the bodies, so maybe after Allison’s death he took her as well. I know she isn’t supernatural, but she was killed by something supernatural, so maybe there is a surprise in store that we just don’t know yet or that the writers want to surprise us with. Kate on the other chance would have a much higher chance of coming back because Chris argent is back. I agree though, I absolutely want to see this creature because it looks frightening! The more villains the better!

38. Paula says:

I just hope that Scott and Stiles renew their friendship sooner than later. It’s gonna be hard waiting for January 5!!

39. Sydney says:

Ugh! I can’t make out what Stiles is yelling when he attacks Scott! Help . . .?

40. Deeveshnee says:

I hope Stupid Allison doesn’t come back I hope they introduce another Argent hopefully a cousin of allison and please give stiles some super kick ass powers and I bet the Beast is Deucalion or Danny that will probably tell us how Danny knew about the Werewolves and can Isaac please come back*tears in eyes*

41. Kristen says:

Stiles is clearly mad at Scott b/c of the position his dad is in. You can hear him saying “Where were you”, so he’s obviously blaming Scott for this. Which in the following scene it looks like Scott is blaming himself for a lot as well.
    I don’t trust Theo, at all. I know they will have a common enemy, but once in the clear he will destroy Scott first chance he gets. Or try to at least.
    I would love to see some of Theo’s pack join Scott’s by the end of the season. Not sure if it works that way, but it’d be nice. I love seeing Scott as the Alpha. Just a perfect Teen Wolf world. If only Derek could come back already.
    Also, I cannot begin to tell you how excited I got when I saw Argent in that final scene. Oooooooo!!!!!
    Also, Amara is the Desert Wolf, correct? Why is Stiles’ dad saying her name? I feel like I’ve missed something.
    Either way I can’t wait!

42. Alexander says:

You all should consider that the thing with Deucalion can be a flashback. Last we saw Deucalion he had his eyesight back and in this promo, again he is blind. So did he loose his vision once more? Not likely.

• Nathan says:

Yeah but jennifer healed deucalion while he was in human form so maybe his wolf side still bares the scars from his blindness???

43. JoryWhatsDaStory says:

Did anybody else find it annoying when Liam beat Scott in the fight? I know Scott was holding back and all, but seriously Scott should have beat his ass down.

44. liam says:

if want people to love teen wolf instead of like bring derrick hale back your ratings will go up garentied

45. arionna says:

Its gonna be crazy good I am so freaking happy about papa Argent return I am so excited to see what happen next its gonna be amazing there is so much to expect in season 5b of TEEN WOLF!!!!!

46. charick says:

Scott could have beaten liam buh he was poisoned wif wolfbane… I hope derek,jackson,isaac all come back

47. Jean says:

Scott Needs To Learn To Fight He Got Thrown Around By His Own Beta In season 5a And By A Chimera

48. WHERE’S ISAAC???? I MISS HIM HUHUHUHU I REALLY MISS THE OLD CHARACTERS HOPE THEY’LL BE BACK IN 5B OR 6

49. Ujjwal says:

I WANT DEREK, ISSAC, ALLISON, PETER & MOST PROBABLY JACKSON TO COME BACK IN SSN 5B… I DON’T WANT TO SEE KIRA AGAIN IN THIS SHOW…BCOZ SHE DOESN’T FIT FOR HER ROLE. I WANT JACKSON TO COME BACK IN THE SHOW.

50. yesss kira is back i luv the fox!!!!!!!!