Minority Report Episode Order

Fox Trims Minority Report Episode Order Amid Ratings Woes

The Precogs should’ve seen this coming: Fox has trimmed Minority Report‘s initial 13-episode order to 10 episodes.

The reduction comes in the wake of the freshman thriller’s disappointing ratings performance thus far. Its most recent Monday outing drew just 2.3 million total viewers and a 0.7 demo rating, down 11 and 22 percent week-to-week and off 26 and 36 percent from its weak premiere.

A Fox insider notes that Episode 10 will serve as a satisfying conclusion to the season. And despite the show’s ratings woes, the current plan is to keep Minority Report on Mondays at 9/8c after Gotham.

1. Ellinaras78 says:

OK time to record the other 7 and watch in fast forward mode in 2.5 months.

2. Ellinaras78 says:

The Player is next.

What blows my mind is that Limitless is getting decent ratings, but I can’t figure CBS viewership.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Not 100% sure on what The Player’s fate is going to hold depending on its numbers. Still can’t stand CBS at all despite their grueling prime time schedule year in and year out.

• Lizo says:

Minority Report is so much better than Limitless, I don’t get it. That said, it’s Fox and scifi fans get beaten down over there pretty hard. No wonder they don’t come back

• Clandestine Green says:

NBC should either pull The Player or shelve it until HTGAWM ends (since it has a short season compared to the others) and see how The Player does without the competition. I don’t particularly care for the show but I think that Philip Winchester and Wesley Snipes are wasted on this show.

• Mr. Tran K says:

No idea what you’re talking about. The Player haven’t got much love from social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube among others) and still needs a big boost for a Blacklist lead-in. Really hope football on CBS is the one to blame and I still can’t stand it. I’m going to very upset if The Player gets canceled soon but who knows what will happen if it’s going to make it towards November sweeps after football is done on CBS and those haters better stop whining and complaining on the mean things they said.

• Pat says:

Hmm, they better stop whining and complaining yet here you are with a whine of your own? Hmmm.. had to lol

• Mr. Tran K says:

You’re so rude Pat and I never whine nor complain because you’re such a BULLY when you’re mimicking the things I’ve said and it really hurts my feelings. If I see one mean comment next time, I will hurt my feelings again and again and again. Go complain to your mommy or daddy Pat.

• Temperance says:

I just watched the three episodes to date last night, and as much as I like Philip Winchester (and he does a great job here with what he’s given), the show was already starting to bore me. I don’t think it has any legs. How many times can you have the same guy go toe to toe with elite snipers/assasins and win… every time (or he dies). The whole world building is silly and bizarre.

3. TDXI says:

You knew it was a failure after the first 10 ,imutes, the two female leads were useless, it’s a shame as it could have been a great show.

• Lizo says:

The two female leads are awesome.

• Delirious says:

I couldn’t even get past the first half hour… Had to stop watching, for the first time in many years of checking pilots out (for shows I was interested in when announced/presented/etc).

• Normandy says:

Minority Report is a bad show, but you’ll still get people acting like it’s the greatest thing in the world simply because Fox is canceling it. They’ll whine that Fox is canceling another sci fi show when they’re the only network that gambles on so many sci fi shows so of course a lot will get canceled. If Fox only ordered lawyer, doctor and cop shows to series, the same ratio would get canceled. But facts don’t matter to people who are driven by stupidity.

4. MFL says:

Shame…I enjoy MR

5. Here’s an idea FOX, Go ahead & cancel Minority report & give us back Almost Human.

• prish says:

I want them both, but Almost Human is better and deserves to come back with Terra Nova. Now, if I owned Google those would be the shows to back. They did back Good Night and Good Luck, so there is some taste at the top.

• Huskygrl says:

This please! Still miss Almost Human.

• Lizo says:

The cancellation of Almost Human is what drove the final nail into my coffin of hope for scifi tv. That show was so unique and brilliant and Fox had Urban and Ealy ON CONTRACT and they just said ‘no’.

• Simon Jester says:

Why stop there? Bring back The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which was superior to BOTH of these.

6. zac says:

AT least they’re giving it a proper ending.

7. mdbchud says:

WHO didn’t see this coming? Another Fox sci-fi fiasco. So glad I didn’t even try this one.

• Lizo says:

Right?!? As predicted. Maybe if they didn’t cancel every friggen genre show they put on, people would actually watch. They only get to use the ‘we kept Fringe around’ card so many times before it doesn’t count anymore.

8. opaque says:

Minority Report is dead, why are they going to keep it in a prime timeslot? They need to move Sleepy Hollow back to Monday’s while there is still a chance to save it. I hate FOX!

• John Jacob says:

Exactly. It’s because of………….FOX. That’s why they are continually in this mess. Keep a show that they KNOW is doomed instead of placing Sleep Hollow, which pretty much universally fans are saying is decent this season, in the slot. Stupid networks make stupid decisions.

9. Rachel says:

I really wanted to like this show but it’s just ok. I probably won’t finish out the series.

• Sheila says:

This show was just not good. Plots were terrible. Vega looked unprofessional with her cleavage out all the time. Didn’t buy her as a cop. Precog was too goofy. It all looked super fake. The one-liners were not funny. I miss Almost Human. I am a fan of lead actress, but this just was not the right vehicle for her.

• smartysenior says:

Plus the acting was abysmal. Limitless has a couple of good actors who are making it fun to watch, MR acting level is high school for the two leads.

• Freetv says:

Her cleavage out?…Apparently you haven’t seen blind spot, totally naked lady with tattooed clues found in every inch of her body needed to help solve crimes and murders

10. James says:

Minority Report is unfortunately a rather weak show which I guess is somewhat predictable considering it’s origin is a B Grade movie. Perhaps it is a lesson for not trying to find easy commercial success with prequels and sequels. There’s nothing wrong with original stories and scripts.

11. Ray says:

FOX won’t admit it yet, but episode 10 will also serve as the series finale.

12. Cheyenne says:

They should just write Minority Report off and move Sleepy Hollow back to Monday night after Gotham. They must have been insane putting Sleepy Hollow up against Scandal. Unless they were deliberately trying to tank the show.

13. Bartimeus says:

It is just an okay show unfortunately so that’s okay. This is one cancellation no one can blame FOX for, they gave it every chance but people just don’t seem interested. Even DVR numbers are way worse than Sleepy Hollow’s, FOX is just dumb for not moving SH back to Mondays, at least after the c/o with Bones. They gave it no promotion and it’s outperforming MR.

14. danoregon says:

Minority Report actually isn’t bad and has improved since the pilot. I’ll probably stick it out because Sands and Good are…good. The weak link is Valderama who I just have a hard time buying in the role.

15. Alex Mindev says:

FOX by far has been a terrible network for sci-fi/action type shows. I saw this coming when I first heard the press release about the show. Then I happened to watch the horrible leaked pilot a month before it aired on live TV. As soon as it was done I said to myself…”they cancelled Almost Human” so they can make crap like this…typical FOX. Dark Angel, Firefly, Tru Calling, Dollhouse, Terminator:TSCC and like I said…Almost Human (which had two terrific actors in Karl Urban & Michael Ealey) unlike the leads in Minority Report.

16. Luc says:

The main issue here is that a lot of viewers (like me) won’t even try to watch Fox shows anymore. Why would someone in their right mind would watch something that has almost a guarantee chance of getting canceled?
    In the end, no matter the quality of a show, it’s doomed on Fox from the start.

17. Shaun says:

Wilmer Valderama…..*sigh*.Some bad casting and writing.

18. Mr. Tran K says:

It’s going to be 10 episodes and done for Minority Report. Fox should’ve known better than that.

19. Jared says:

I’m actually surprised that Fox is going to keep Minority Report on the air for 7 more weeks with those ratings.

20. Clandestine Green says:

FOX leaked the Minority Report pilot last summer. I know then that the show wasn’t going to make it. I don’t know why FOX ordered the turkey of a pilot to series unless it had some kind of huge penalty attached. It is a dull show.

21. Television says:

no this is terrible news, i really like this show

22. Malaspina says:

I watched the first two episodes of Limitless and Minority Report.Limitless is just plain bad.Minority Report is below average.I kinda like Blindspot and will continue to watch.Also Quantico has potential.

23. Nishi says:

I can’t believe more people don’t tune in to watch Meagan Good’s hooters

24. Susan Wright says:

Minority Report should not be cancelled. It has an interesting plot and is a well-written, well-acted show. It hasn’t received as much hype as other new shows but it is solid and has a lot of potential. It would be a shame to cancel it when the story line keeps getting more interesting and complex….

25. Kandis says:

Please I beg you not to take minority report off the air!!! I’m so hooked and then they cut the shows after the 10th episode y get hooked! Please don’t cancel!!!