Bradley Cooper Limitless

TVLine Items: Bradley Cooper Returns to Limitless, Ninja Spinoff and More

It seems CBS’ Limitless is hooked on more than just NZT.

Bradley Cooper, who appeared on the freshman drama’s series premiere, will next reprise his role as Sen. Edward Morra on the Oct. 27 episode, executive producer Craig Sweeny announced Friday at New York Comic-Con.

In the installment, titled “Side Effects May Include…,” Morra will resurface in Brian’s (Jake McDorman) life, demanding a high price in exchange for another inoculation from the severe side effects of NZT.

Limitless airs Tuesdays at 10/9c on CBS.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Esquire Network has ordered Team Ninja Warrior, an eight-episode American Ninja Warrior spinoff featuring some of the mothership series’ greatest competitors. Set to premiere in 2016, the project will pit ninjas against each other in a dual running course that incorporates speed, agility, skill and strategy.

* TruTV has renewed its hidden-camera series Impractical Jokers for a 26-episode fifth season, the cast announced at New York Comic-Con on Thursday.

* The Lion Guard: Return of the Roar — Disney Channel’s Lion King follow-up movie about Simba and Nala’s second-born cub, Kion — will air Sunday, Nov. 22, at 7/6c.

1. Imagine if they got DeNiro to appear. Maybe for sweeps?

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Wonder if Limitless gets a full season order soon. Jennifer Carpenter is so great on the series but I really didn’t like her character Debra Morgan on Dexter.

3. Joey Padron says:

Good news Bradley will be back on the show soon! Loving Limitless so far.

• Sheila says:

Yes! The writing is great! Loving the characterization of the male lead. The funny parts are funny, and JC is really good.

4. Beth says:

Yay for more Impractical Jokers!

5. Ellinaras78 says:

Limitless is so bad. The story is bad, actors are terrible. Guess it appeals to the NCIS crowd.

• Sheila says:

Disagree on all counts.

• smartysenior says:

Since NCIS is a mega hit I can’t figure out how you consider that an insult. Limitless is a lot of fun and reminds me more of a young Castle or Bones type show, two people solving stuff with witty banter and nothing too cruel or dark. I can’t figure out why Bradley Cooper’s character has turned into a baddie but I’ll be happy to ride it out since this is one of the few new shows I really like a lot. I just hope it continues to be upbeat and doesn’t lose it’s charm.

• Kristina says:

My husband and I are really enjoying it and neither of us has ever watched a single episode of NCIS or any of its spinoffs or counterparts. It’s a decent show and the mythology is interesting, and I think the casting was really well done.

6. Dr. M says:

Lion Guard: Return of the Roar is a series not a movie.

7. Hipper says:

really trying to secure that back 9 order…. it’ll be this year’s scorpion.

8. Rich says:

I’ve been liking Limitless thus far, but I’m more interested in why Eddie Morra has become a major villian blackmailing this poor guy with painful death if he doesn’t help him, Lex Luthor it up.

9. Eva says:

YES. Love that Bradley takes time to be on this series. Can’t wait to see him again on this great show.:)

10. Sil says:

I love the show. Very refreshing. Jennifer Carpenter is great in her role. I love the actor in the male lead, apology about not knowing his name. Bradley Cooper has a great sinister about him in the short scenes he’s been in.

11. Kristen says:

I absolutely love, love, love Limitless. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. It’s witty and funny, and still pulls me in with drama and intrigue. I love that Bradley Cooper has appeared on the show and look forward to seeing more of him. I also love that they brought in Analeigh Tipton as Brian’s ex. I imagined it to be my own happy ending to Manhattan Love Story (as it was canceled), of course until he had to break up with her AGAIN. It was nice to see them together though. Can’t wait to see what happens!