The Librarians Season 2 Trailer

TVLine Items: The Librarians Trailer, Boehner Off Tonight Show and More

When TNT’s official trailer for The Librarians‘ sophomore season begins, Jake Stone & Co. feel confident they can vanquish any bad guy in their path.

A minute and 45 seconds later, they’re decidedly less sure of themselves — and rightfully so, based on the action-packed teaser.

Ahead of The Librarians‘ two-hour Season 2 debut (Sunday, Nov. 1, 8/7c), press PLAY on the video below to catch a glimpse of what the titular book-lovers will encounter this fall.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets?

* House Speaker John Boehner — who was a last-minute addition to Thursday’s Tonight Show lineup — has abruptly cancelled the appearance, following the unexpected news that Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to succeed him.

* Former Bad Teacher star Ari Graynor has joined the cast of I’m Dying Up Here, Showtime’s Jim Carrey-produced dark comedy pilot about the stand-up scene of 1970s Los Angeles. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Graynor will play Cassie, a smart, witty and ambitious comedian from Texas who wants to be taken as seriously as her male comic contemporaries.

* Season 3 of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret — IFC’s comedy series starring Arrested Development‘s David Cross as a man who compulsively lies his way through life — will premiere Thursday, Jan. 7, with three episodes airing back-to-back-to-back at 10/9c.

1. Will Wyle be in more episodes this season now that Falling Skies is over?

2. maregolden says:

I hope that Noah Wylie is able to appear more often on the series, now that Falling Skies is finished. It’s nice to see him in something light and amusing.

3. Joey Padron says:

New trailer for The Liberians looks good. Excited to see new season!

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Earlier today when I watched The Price is Right, Ten Chances is the one game contestants are very bad at it because they really never seen it before and that’s why they don’t understand the important rule to the game: THE ZERO RULE – all three prizes including the car must always end in zero. Drew Carey is becoming just a hypocrite and still a poor man’s Bob Barker. Barker is still the best Price is Right host EVER and Drew Carey is still the worst host EVER ’cause he’s so annoying despite his attitude and behavior and he’s talks too much. TPIR should have a proper “final season” if it gets renewed by CBS Daytime and bring back the Million Dollar Spectacular in prime time (hasn’t been on the air in nearly seven years).

• maregolden says:

Did I miss something about the Price is Right in the article above, or did you just need a place to vent? I can’t agree or disagree with your comments regarding the show, because I have never been a fan, no matter who was hosting.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Who cares whatever your name is? People should quit watching Price is Right depending on how good or bad the episodes are. I agree on several things on what they said on social media (Facebook for example) that Drew Carey is the host fans love to hate especially not getting the Daytime love he deserves (not being nominated at the Daytime Emmy awards once a year). They should fire the most overrated producer in Daytime TV history Mike Richards and possibly the man who picks these “dumb and crazy” contestants in Stan Blits. BTW, Ten Chances should retire in a bad way as a pricing game. :-(

• maregolden says:

“Who cares whatever your name is?” How rude. I was just wondering if I missed something. Calm down.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Don’t tell me to calm down. Have you watched The Price is Right on a daily basis? You better put it on your “hate watch” list and go complain to your mommy or daddy.

• maregolden says:

Unlike you, I don’t watch shows that I hate. That would be silly. And I wish I could talk to my parents, but they are both deceased. Thanks for that suggestion, though. Did Drew Carey piss in your corn flakes? I am done talking to you. You are far too obnoxious to take any more of my time.

• Mr. Tran K says:

You’re such a BULLY 100%. Drew Carey can stop making jokes when he’s hosting The Price is Right and also stop saying annoying catchphrases like GOOD LUCK or “do you want to say hi to someone” during his Showcase Showdown or missed it by that much in the Showcase results. If you’re going to watch Price is Right if you dare, hit the MUTE button for the next hour ’cause it’s going to give you migraine headaches.

• John NYC says:

Drew Carey is a comedy god. Spectacular talent, just spectacular.

5. javadude54 says:

I’m glad to see The Librarians return. I love that show.

6. Win says:

Todd Margaret has some surreal moments that aren’t for everyone and certainly some dips in quality, but I’m really glad to hear it is coming back. I loved so much about that show and thought it had been canceled (rather than just…”on hiatus” a.k.a. whatever happened to the little sister on Family Matters).

7. smartysenior says:

Can’t wait for this to be back. I love everything about it.

8. John NYC says:

The Librarians is a fun little show off a fun little tv movie series (Spoiler Alert: Stana Katic as a Vampire in New Orleans!). The lead got a little excessively weird early on in the series but he later backed off more to the levels in the movies, which IO preferred.

Looking forward to the return.