The Voice: Xtina Returning, Pharrell to Make It a Four-Peat for Season 10

The coach most likely to grab the mic and show a young diva exactly how that run should be executed will return to The Voice for Season 10.

Christina Aguilera will join fellow original-flavor panelists Blake Shelton and Adam Levine — along with Pharrell Williams — when the reality-competition juggernaut’s next installment kicks off in February 2016, NBC announced Wednesday.

Pharrell’s place on the panel, interestingly enough, is starting to look more permanent — as Season 10 will mark his fourth consecutive cycle (including a win in Season 8 with contestant Sawyer Fredericks).

Aguilera’s best finish on the show came with Season 5 runner-up Jacquie Lee. In her most recent stint in Season 8, Aguilera’s team failed to make the finals when India Carney was eliminated in fifth place.

“The coaches on The Voice continue to bring incredible energy, unrivaled musical expertise and a want-to-win attitude that makes for the perfect ingredients of a two-time Emmy-winning show,” NBC’s president of late night and alternative programming Paul Telegdy said in a statement. “We can’t wait to see what season 10 will bring.”

Excited about Aguilera’s return? If you ran NBC, what would your dream Season 10 panel look like? Sound off below!

1. bg says:

Coaches:
    Cher
    Adam Lambert
    Liza Minnelie
    Bruno Mars

• Roger Brown says:

Horrible list. Liza & Cher are to old & I have the greatest respect for both. Adam Lambert has not been a big enough name in the business & would tread on his AI affiliation even if it is the last year for it. If we were to get 4 new coaches I would go with Pink,Bruno Mars is a good one,Prince & if they could Jessie J she has experience with the voice UK. If not one of those females Jennifer Nettles would be really good. She was by far the best on duets.

• tom sharp says:

Never want that group.

2. Sophie says:

Why can’t they try 2 females for 1 season instead of always 3 men? Blake or Adam could use a break.

• Dys says:

I’m guessing that if they wanted a break they’d probably take one. With that being said I agree that if one does take a break sometime, two males and two females wouldn’t be a bad idea.

• Timmah says:

Everything on network TV is done by formula. In this case it’s a panel of two white males, one black male, one blonde female. They probably focus-tested it.

• Cmoore says:

Anyone but Christina. She’s so into herself, it’s sickening to watch. Her voice is declining with age. Yuck. I won’t be watching in 2016.

• Dirk Diggler says:

Pick her, guaranteed not to win

• Faye Hatfield says:

So agree about Christina! She has shown in the past she is not excited about her team until they get to the final four. She is extremely patronizing! Gwyn Stefani was fantastic, loved her team, cried for them. I hope she comes back next season, and I am not even referring to her relationship! Anybody but Christina!!! Please!!

• Idania says:

I love the show but I dont like Aguilera , so wont be watching

• Icky says:

Why can’t Shakira come back? Or get a new female coach? I’m sure there are plenty of them out there willing to bleach their hair and take a spin in the chair.

• michaelakturner says:

Pick Reba that be Awesome for the voice

Sent from my iPhone

• Carolyn says:

I 100% agree with you I loved Shakira and Gwen but not Xtina she seems so fake and full of herself I am dissapointed she is back for 2016

• I dislike her, as well. Honestly, I find her very BORING! She brings no fun or energy to the show, like Gwen did. Gwen is a blast, & she’s *real*. She seems very genuine. CA is dull. No personality. Blah. Snooze fest. I wish Gwen would stay. I love her authenticity, & she also doesn’t seem to have a raging ego, which I hate in anyone!

• Lori says:

Anyone but Christina!

• BARBARA says:

Leave Gwen Stefani on the voice

• Lisa says:

I Don’t thinl so!” if Blake isn’t judging I’m Not watchin.

• Ya, I wouldn’t mind seeing Adam take a hike for a bit. I find, he’s a little full of himself. I don’t like that.

• Brian says:

I’d be on board for that but in general the female judges have been sub par coaches. No more Xtina for goodness sake! Gwen is too focused on trying to find her muse thru the show and Shakira, no real good advice and still pretty sure she lip sync’d. On The Voice. Adam and Blake need to go too and I think after season 10 they will, but ride it out for the decade and call it done is I bet what they are after now. If they don’t get new judges tho, and get rid of the scripted coach banter, I know I’ll be walking away from the show. Last year was tedious.This is the general consensus in my circle of fellow fans too, not only my individual ramblings.

3. ChellemaBelle says:

I would absolutely love to see P!nk as a judge instead of Christina.

4. Gwen Stefani actually seems to be trying, but she’s just not entertaining or coherent enough and doesn’t have mass appeal enough to win over contestants. It’s the same problem Shakira had, although I actually enjoyed her time on the show.

You can see an elite male vocalist picking Christina. You could see a hybrid-genre female or a young girl going with her as well. Right now Gwen only appears to be getting “weird” contestants and the leftovers that are 1 or 2 chair turns.

From that perspective it is smart to bring Christina back, despite rumors of her attitude off-camera.

Unfortunately, this also means the ratings for the show are going to hover around the same, or most likely decline yet again.

The Voice Australia had two female coaches for the first time this year, unfortunately Jessie J and Delta Goodrem weren’t exactly the right kind of fit from an entertainment perspective. The original, The Voice of Holland, has had two female coaches for a few years now. I know some people are asking for that, but to be fair it can’t happen until we get one female coach that is universally liked.

I think Season 11 is time for the show to think outside the box and bring in a new female. Alicia Keys, Pink, Carrie Underwood, Katy Perry and even Ariana Grande are names that could help bring in viewers.

5. Steven says:

I stopped watching a few seasons ago because the show doesn’t feel fresh to me anymore. They need Adam and/or Blake to sit a season out. If we had a season of Pharrel, Usher, Gwen, Christina I’d be back.

• Idania says:

Steven having Usher is as bad as having Aguilera, they are to much into themselves, One of my favorites has now been ruined this Season I think PINK is a good Idea

6. Jules says:

I like Gwen SO much better than Xtina. Sigh. Why can’t we keep Gwen and Pharrell, give Blake and Adam some time off, and leave Xtina off the panel forever? And when they give Blake and Adam time off, adding Reba or Shania or Carrie Underwood for the country spot and Justin Timberlake in the hot guy/pop star category would work just fine.

• Raye Hatfield says:

7. Dee says:

Can’t wait for Christina to come back. Now I can start watching the show again.

8. Ron says:

Ugh. Adam NEEDS to sit out. I don’t care if he wants a break or not. NBC needs to make him take a break. People complain about Christina’s attitude; if you ask me, Adam’s attitude is 10x worse than Christina’s. I have yet to see a Gwen season because, like her first go-round, I’m sitting this season out. Part of it has to do with the fact that I’ve just found Adam unbearable the last several seasons and can’t take him as often as I used to. Also, The Voice burns a viewer out by having two seasons a year. I need to give myself a seasons-long break just to make myself kinda care about the season I choose to watch. Two seasons a year is overkill, and is likely why the show isn’t as huge as it used to be (not that its ratings are dreadful or anything). They really should limit it to one season a year, and extend that one season longer. I’m a firm believer that the reason no Voice winner has made it big time is because the season is somewhat short and doesn’t give us enough time to truly connect to the singer, and then we turn around and they’re on a new season. American Idol has found huge stars. Not as well-known shows like The Sing-Off made huge stars out of the now multi-platinum selling, Grammy-award winning Pentatonix. Hell, even X-Factor US produced the relatively successful group Fifth Harmony. Yet a show as popular as The Voice hasn’t even come that close yet.

9. matty says:

Does this mean that Shakira will not ever be coming back?

10. I love this group. Gwen is really better this year but I can’t wait to see Xtina again too. The love the judges have for each other is what makes the show. And don’t take away “Adam. He is so funny ;and competitive. He has a great group this year and from the peek of next week, it looks like he is picking better songs for his team. Blake seems subdued this year which is normal as he went through a divorce. I love this show.

• Umm Omar says:

I agree. Adam and Blake are the ones making the show funny, plus they know how to win. Adam’s best team ever was in Season 7. I still think Matt McAndrew deserved to win the show.
      Season 8 Blake did miss out on many good contestants and didn’t seem to be concentrating much. Hopefully he picks it up.

I hope they get Alicia Keys. I bet she’d get tons of 4 chairs giving Adam run for his money :)

• Teresa says:

I agree. I love the group just as it was this season. Blake and Adam are so funny terrorizing each other.
      Don’t fix what’s not broken!!!

11. No Christina! She is too show and too much of a diva for this crowd. They want real peeps and GWEN is just right. Is there not anyone else? I find that hard to believe.

12. Leo says:

Even doubt i do not like pharell i have to admit that he has a pretty good team this season. with this being said, there is no doubt that i would like another guy (or girl) to replace his spot on the show for season 10.

These would be the ones for me:

*Adam Levine.
    *Blake Shelton
    *Christina aguilera.

*Fergie/Idina menzel/paul mccartney/Beyonce/Sam smith or even Ed sheeran or some of the guys from One direction since they all came out of a really ti show like the voice.

13. Alyssa says:

Anyone miss Usher besides me kinda wish pharrell would alternate. like i like gwen and pharrells seats to alternate and just keep blake and adam together through both seasons love those two. but if they had to alternate blake i would suggest luke bryan or tim mcgraw and for adam maybe justin timberlake or bruno mars

• Adelissa says:

I know, I like them all really and I really do like Pharrell But I miss Usher and Shakira. I think that was my favorite line-up but Gwen is starting to grow on me. I have mad respect for Christina but I would rather she focus on her career and bring more songs to the radio.

14. Denise says:

Christina? Again? Have to admit I was hoping they were trying to break Rihanna in to be the:( next coach :( I’m over Christina….she needs to NOT come back. There are so many better picks for female coaches….why oh why do they keep bringing her back!

• Crystal Purcell says:

I thought when they brought on Rihanna as a guest coach she was awesome. She gave great advice and direction for each of the contenders. I love Gwen but I would rather see Rihanna than Christina.

• Cmoore says:

I heard her boyfriend is the show’s producer. Gag.

15. Anita Burr says:

No don’t bring back Xtina, Gwen is the reason I returned watching the voice. I really think that Blake, Adam, and Pharell with Gewn work well together. Xtina just don’t have the spark, like Gwen brings to the show. BOOO! NO XTINA, DRY PERSONALITY. keep IT THE SAME!

16. BARBARA says:

Why the Voice does not have two Ladies and two men its STUPID

17. Gwen is such a breath of fresh air and unassuming of her self. The four of them have such great chemistry that it’s going to be too hard to watch without her. I might boycott the show. I don’t like Christina at all she seems smug and full of yourself.

18. Jennifer Bellini says:

Love both Gwen and Christina as coaches. Would love to see Manny Cabo, Ellie Lawrence, and Riley join Team Christina next season should those contestants return for another chance.

19. Roger Brown says:

Get rid of Christina completely & if you get another female there are three I can think of since Shakira who I like will not be coming back she is to busy. My three choices are Pink, Jessie J & Jennifer Nettles just to give Blake a run for the country artist’s.

20. Roger Brown says:

Just another thought for female Judge to replace Christina to me I have several I have mentioned Jessie J,Pink,Jennifer Nettles (she would take some of those country aritst’s) & finally Madonna

21. Bill says:

Well if Christina is a judge I’ll be taking a season off from viewing.

22. hue nguyen says:

We are so happy that Christina is back..

23. Trish says:

Adam Levine, Pharrell, rhianna, blake

24. Richard Kidd says:

Rhianna is soooo GOOD!

25. Vicki domina says:

No…I want Gwen back. Cribs is a great singer, but her personality is so boring!!! Gwen & her wacky, crazy outfits make her so watchable. Love her bubbly personality.

26. I say Reba with Blake they booth country music and I say Kelly Clarkson with adme they booth hip hop music

27. J says:

Christina, Blake, Pharrell, and Adam. I like Gwen but Christina has more pizzazz, Not interested in Blake’s love life because they were both on the rebound and chances are this relationship won’t last after the new wears off. Then there would be hard feelings in the back ground. Don’t mix business with pleasure.

• I agree, don’t mix business with pleasure, not interested in the show of “Blake and Gwen”. Maybe Blake should take a break from Season 10. Bring in Reba or Faith Hill. Wow! Looking forward to seeing and hearing Christina singing again on the Voice!

28. Quincy M Mora says:

Sorry to see Gwen Stefani leave The Voice; Christine Aguilera does NOT have the personality, she is not very bubble as Gwen Stefani. I would rather see Pink IF Gwen Stefani is off The Voice. I guess I won’t be watching in 2016!!!!

29. Jeff L. says:

Christina is not good for this show. Much preferred is Gwen or Shakira. Xtina…whatever. Yuck!

30. Paula Marshall says:

Blake Shelton
    Adam Levine
    Pharrell Williams
    Martina McBride

31. Rachel Mckinley says:

Bring back Shakira instead of christina a. Or rihanna, or just about anybody instead of christina a. Please.

32. Ann Rivera says:

Sorry I have NO idea why NBC continues to bring Christina back …she is overrated with an oversized ego that everyone is sick of……rake a poll N B C …keep GWEN class act..and not a stuck up princess….

• Raye Hatfield says:

So true take a poll NBC, bet Gwyn or anyone would beat Christina!! She is so unlikeable and thinks she is the hot diva! Sorry but Gwyn had personality and didn’t act like a snob!!!!!!’m

33. Ann says:

I will not be watching Season 10. I cannot stand Christina and only watched this season because of Gwen. So bummed she is not coming back!!!!

34. Chris says:

So disappointed Christina is coming back. If Gwen is not returning ….try someone new!

35. dianna says:

I’m going to miss Gwen. They need two females and two males on the show.

36. Sabrina says:

I would definitely have Blake and Adam, I would continue with Pharrel or Usher. I like both of them. I would definitely not want Christina back, she is too stuck on herself, too self important and everything becomes about her. This show is about the talent not the judges. I also thought Shakira did a excellent job and do did Gwen. I know of a lot of people that didn’t watch the show last time that Christina came back, but then again it’s not my show. I love the show but cannot watch it with her on it.

37. rachel says:

why Christina and not Gwen or Shakira Christina is boring

38. Terri says:

Sad to see XTina back, coach chemistry has been awesome!!!

39. Bonnie says:

I won’t be watching if X-Tina returns. She’s too uptight. Pink would be great or Taylor Swift would be truly awesome!

40. Joann says:

Season 10 would be the same as season 9….what a great group of judges!

41. Mike Burek says:

I would like to see a male and female winners for the voice, instead of just one. I think it would bring even more excitement to the show.
    Think Blake and Adam help make the show the way they go at each other.

42. Judy Cook says:

Oh no! Not Christina again! I cannot STAND that woman! She gives “egomania” a new dimension. Can’t argue that she has an awesome voice, so let her sing on some other show and leave the judging/mentoring to those people who actually care about the careers of others. No, no, no! Please! No Christina!

43. Teresa Holloman says:

Blake, Pharrell, Gwen and Adam!
    Keep Gwen!!

44. Crystal Purcell says:

Please leave Gwen. She is so much warmer towards her team and invested than Christina. I would like to switch up Blake with Tim Mc Graw. Keep Adam and Pharrel.

45. Jennifer says:

Ariana Grande, Pink, Alicia Keys, Selena Gomez, Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson would be a great female.

46. Brenda Craig says:

I don’t want China to come back. She will never win. Not trying to be mean or ugly. But I can’t stand her additude. Her music was a long time ago. I like Gwen. She is so nice. Please don’t bring Christina back. If she does come back. I’m going to sit out a year.

47. Kim Ok says:

Hi the voices I love ❤ the show and I can’t wait to see the new show and I will watching the voice next year of 20016

48. C D says:

Well, much as I enjoy the show, I won’t be watching Season 10. I can’t take XTina. And almost everyone I know agrees, so I’m curious why they asked her back?

49. Barb says:

Really like current coaches but another really good coCh would be Alecia Keys. Lady Gaga as well