Scream Queens Ratings

Ratings: Scream Queens Slips Again

Fox’s Scream Queens this Tuesday drew 3.0 million total viewers and a 1.2 rating (per finals), down 14 percent week-to-week. Versus its premiere, the freshman horror-comedy is now down 25 and 29 percent.

Opening Fox’s night, Grandfathered (3.9 mil/1.2) dropped 26 and 20 percent from its debut, while The Grinder (3.2 mil/1.0) fell 40 and 33 percent.

Elsewhere….

THE CW | The Flash returned to 3.6 mil and a 1.4, down from both its boffo series debut (4.8 mil/1.9) and its freshman finale (3.9 mil/1.5) while matching its Season 1 average. iZombie (1.5 mil/0.7) was down a tenth from its March debut and up two tenths from its June finale.

CBS | NCIS (16.9 mil/2.2) and NCIS: New Orleans (14.2 mil/1.7) were flat and Limitless (9.6 mil/1.7) slipped 10 percent.

ABC | The Muppets (4.9 mil/1.7) dropped 16 and 15 percent, Fresh Off the Boat (4.9 mil/1.8) rose a tenth and Agents of SHIELD (4.3 mil/1.6) dipped 12 percent and a tenth. A Quantico rerun drew 3.2 mil/0.8.

NBC | Leading out of a Voice highlight show (8.9 mil/2.2), Best Time Ever dropped 23 and 32 percent, to 4.5 mil/1.3.

1. mollytanner says:

Ratings for TV shows in the Chicago market might not be so great tonight.

2. Marco says:

Not surprised about SQ. But WTF? The Muppets is pretty damn good! It might be a bit more adult, and I would dare to say not even that much, but it’s pretty damn funny and has quite a bit of heart. Fongers crossed for it to survive the season…

3. Gary says:

I’m not surprised scream queens keeps losing viewers I give all new shows a real chance but I had to give up 8 minutes in last night

• Sam says:

I tortured myself through the 2hr premiere and felt angry for the 2hrs i wasted.

• B.T. says:

You can’t take an unlikable actress as the lead, give her an unlikable character to play and expect people to watch. I feel bad for Jamie Lee Curtis and the very funny Niecy Nash though.

• Patrick says:

I’m not so sure its even about the unlikeable actress (an assessment with which I agree). Its about the unlikeable character being a bad person. You can have a likeable person do bad things (Walter White or Barney Stinson), but you can’t make a character unlikeable AND do bad things. That’s why Lone Star failed, and its why this is failing.

• TheDude says:

Isn’t that the point? People hate her and don’t care if she dies? She plays the annoying character well and I still tune in…

• Riana says:

Emma Roberts isn’t the lead. Skyler Samuels is.

• Kevin says:

I went in scream queens not sure what to expect, but now i’m liking it more and more. Obv scream queens isn’t doing too hot on ratings, but it’s got solid DVR gain, and when you compare it to the other FOX shows it’s doing decent actually. I actually think it’s just hard to produce a straight out of the gate hit nowadays, the only strong hit shows this year was blindspot, limitless and quantico (funny how all are at 10pm). everything else pretty much underperformed.

Not sure if it’s actually scream queen’s fault (ryan murphy shows are always divisive); but given Fox’s tuesdays in previous years, there probably just aren’t that many people watching Fox on tuesdays.

DVR will be more and more important

• TheDude says:

You’re crazy…it’s hilarious and a good mystery. I don’t see how after 2 episodes you can’t be hooked on it. Must not be “real” enough for some.

4. Sam says:

There’s no hope for FOX on Tuesdays. I’d be surprised if any of the shows lasted past the initial 13 episode order. Grinder will be below a 1.0 next week despite all the hype.

Scream Queens is an utter disappointment storywise. It’s a borefest.

• Patrick says:

Grinder’s central premise about an actor being a lawyer is being taken TOO FAR. I thought he would help out with doing the talking and negotiating, but him trying to run a firm and completely ignoring the law is just too much. The family stuff is great, the lawyer stuff is awful. What they should have done is have the Grinder move back to his hometown and hang out with his family, and only have a few scenes of him bugging his bro at work.

• Adam says:

I’ve been enjoying The Grinder because while the premise is ridiculous, it’s sort of the whole point. I think it’s marketed in a way where the concept is to be taken seriously, but really the show is just one big parody of the ridiculousness of TV courtroom dramas and general TV dramatics.

• Temperance says:

I made it through about 7 minute of the Grinder, and that was seven minutes too long a slog though garbage. What drek!

• RSK says:

Absolutely, why is everyone letting him be so delusional? I feel bad because I like a lot of the actors on the show but come on. It’s just cringeworthy.

• TheDude says:

I have no clue how so many people trash Scream Queens. I love mystery and comedy and this puts it together excellently. Just because you don’t like one or two characters doesn’t mean the whole show is bad. It’s not boring if you have a normal attention span. A lot of people who watch it must have ADD or something.

5. Nicole says:

Good for fresh off the boat!! Its a Funny show!

6. Erika says:

Scream Queens is a hit on social media(?!),but flops on TV.LOL SC is dead.
    FOX will be canceling all new shows.
    FOX is the NBC 2.0.But has IZombie hit a record low now?

• Erika says:

BTW and good for Fresh of the Boat.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

If IZombie was up from its finale, how could that be a record low……..? (FTR, iZombie‘s series lows are 1.45 mil and 0.5.)

• No,IZombies record low in demo is 0.5 for its s1 finale.As for viewers I’m not sure,

• Jon says:

It’s pretty impressive that a Voice clip show could reach 9 million viewers and a 2.2 in the demo and lead the night, while the most-promoted new show of the season (SQ) sinks to a 1.1. Well done to The Voice!

• TheDude says:

IZombie is the show that bores. It’s concept is dumb to begin with. It started as a comic and should have stayed that way. How that made it to a second season is beyond me. I watched 3 episodes and found it a boring attempt to recreate Bones with zombies.

7. JR says:

Scream Queens ratings continue to drop even with major Fox/cast/producer promotion. (Ryan Murphy was retweeting up a storm last night). Wonder if they’ll keep saying it’s the social platform and Live+3 ratings that matter? Or will they admit that the show isn’t working?

• tvjunkie says:

It’s barely doing better than Minority Report and most people seem to think that will be cancelled soon. I don’t think Scream Queens will be far behind at this rate.

• rinaex says:

I wonder if Lucifer and The Frankenstein Code have enough episodes in production yet to get on the fall schedule by November, lol. Minority Report might actually drop to 0.3-0.4 levels in the next few weeks.

• ScottJ says:

Scream Queens is probably a lot cheaper to make, and I’m pretty sure the entire run has already been filmed. Just a shame that viewers don’t understand what the the show is.

• tvjunkie says:

So it’s not a poor attempt at a parody of slasher movies? And what does whether something has already been filmed have to do with whether it gets cancelled? Most shows cancelled mid-season have episodes that were already made but didnt air. Fox would likely burn them off on Saturdays or via online distribution in the event of a cancellation.

• TheDude says:

You’re right. It’s not a poor attempt. It’s over the top and dumb but in a funny way. Some people take this sH*t too seriously and feel that their lives are ruined if a show isn’t how THEY specifically want it to be. It has mystery, drama, comedy, and a little bit of suspense too. I realize most MEN who think they are big and tough hate it and don’t even watch past one episode. I’m a guy, but I think it’s great so far. That being said, I don’t watch Glee but I’m not one of those idiots who continues to bash something that others enjoy.

8. Hipper says:

Fresh Off The Boat was ABC’s highest show last night. Good for them!

9. zac says:

Bad news for Fox all around. Praying for The Flash, iZombie and SHIELD’s ratings to hold. Really good shows.

10. wrstlgirl says:

The Flash and Shield both had great episodes last night. As much as I really want to like Limitless it’s slowly losing my attention.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I tried LIMITLESS again last night. It’s fine but it’s just missing “something.” Maybe the new “Walter Steele” character will give it a needed edge.

• inksinger says:

Jake McDorman is so appealing, but I do think something is not quite working. I’m watching it for him and hoping it improves. Really pulling for it!

• Patrick says:

Jennifer Carpenter is a lovely woman, and, more importantly, a fine actress. But she was horribly miscast here. Ditto Hil Harper. Those characters don’t work, entirely. They should move Harper and Carpenter’s characters into a steady relationship, immediately. They need some sort of love interest for Jake McDorman’s character, because he has more of a sibling vibe with Carpenter. Their platonic relationship has a lot of potential. They also need a “villain.” I don’t think its the Senator. Its whoever created NZT.
          The broader universe is fascinating on this show, and has a ton of potential. The FBI characters are about as interesting as wet cardboard. That’s the problem.

• dan says:

I agree Matt. I like the show, but last night I found myself losing interest during the last 15 minutes. Then I looked up and paid attention during the final scene in the bar. I hope for a little more intrigue or mystery in the coming episodes.

• Ellinas1978 says:

Don’t know how is Limitless is holding up so well? I’m convinced that there are people that watch CBS no matter what.

Or lazy people that after NCIS don’t feel like changing the channel. Not that there is anything to change the channel to, which might explain it as well.

• wrstlgirl says:

I hope so. I really like the nature of the show but like you said, it’s missing something.

• Boiler says:

I agree on Limitless. As I may have said here before it is a glorified/more expensive King and Maxwell adding in a drug to make the guy smart. Also not thrilled with Jennifer Carpenter on this show

11. Mr. Tran K says:

More bad news for The Muppets and Scream Queens. What’s the worst that could happen?

• Ray says:

Cancelation.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Who cares Ray? In my opinion, I like Muppets 100x better than Scream Queens.

• TheDude says:

The Muppets died years ago. They never were funny and the show is almost as dumb as having the Geico Caveman have a show. Oh wait..he did. It’s a cheap cash in for parents who grew up in that time to show their kids. Scream Queens has so much more story than any muppet show could have.

12. Raghib says:

Scream Queens gets better with each episode. I was disappointed with the premiere, but the last two weeks were HILARIOUS! Watch it for Niecy Nash, shes the star of the show. Hope ratings improve as well.

13. Beth says:

bummer about grandfathered – I thought it was another good episode :)

• rinaex says:

I like Grandfathered as well, but things aren’t looking good…

• TheDude says:

Pretty sad how after 2 episodes, people are talking cancellation. Some people have jobs that require a lot of OT in the fall and winter, like myself, and we dvr the shows…doesn’t mean they are bad. Maybe Fox needs to promote more of their shows and less of their political agendas?

• RSK says:

Enjoying Grandfathered too. Sure it’s cheesy but it’s cute and I like it. It has potential.

14. eric7740 says:

I think Scream Queens had its best episode last night. I agree the show isn’t for everyone, but its an entertaining show, in that it’s a show that makes fun of itself, its very sattirical. And yes, Niecy Nash does make the show that much more enjoyable!

• Jordan says:

Exactly. The show is meant to be crazy and satrical. It a mix of a lot and people just don’t get it. I think it’s a really good show

15. Diane says:

I really like Scream Queens. Many of my friends and family like it too. A shame about the ratings.

16. pileobunnies says:

Muppets has a bit of an advantage for ABC — merchandising. With a lot of shows, the only other route to money comes from DVD releases, but having Muppets on TV has to be increasing sales in that huge amount of Muppet-related merchandise.

17. Brian says:

Happy for Fresh Off The Boat. That show is very good. I also like The Muppets and that not doing well makes me sad because it’s a fun show.

18. SayNay says:

Yay for Fresh off the Boat. Sad to see Grandfathered slip so much, but definitely better than the Grinder. I wanted to love the show because of Rob Lowe, but could barely make it through the episode.

19. Allison says:

Do you think scream queens will be canceled with the ratings it has?

• rinaex says:

At worst I see it being burned off on Fridays.

• JD says:

I have a feeling Fox won’t want to admit its failure, given how relentlessly they promoted this show for months (they surely were thinking this was a guaranteed hit). Plus they love Ryan Murphy. So I think they’ll let the season continue to play out with crappy ratings on Tuesday nights, they’ll continue to note how it’s big on social media (as if that matters), and then they just won’t renew it for a second season. With most shows doing so poorly on their schedule, it’s not like they have something to replace it with, unless they wanna just air Empire every night.

20. Red Snapper says:

I’m bummed that Scream Queens isn’t doing so well in the ratings. Its probably my favorite new show. I pretty much laugh throughout the whole show. I’m a huge camp and satire fan plus I love horror comedy so its right up my alley. One of my favorite movies of all time is Heathers and I can see its influence in the show. I know they’ll air the whole season but I hope they get a renewal. Also, are iZombie’s numbers good enough to film the additional scripts that were ordered?

• Ms Bean says:

I agree! We are Scream Queen’s target market. And we are very satisfied. I love the Heathers and Jawbreaker vibe.

21. Jared says:

Scream Queens started off strong but the last few episodes haven’t been funny or scary. I’ll give it another episode or two but so far it’s been kind of a let down.

22. Bob Backus says:

Just like tvline reporters to remember earlier when someone (not me) said Scream Queens was a failure and the writer popped on to say “someone’s not watching the ratings”. In reply I said watch it sink. “Fox’s Scream Queens this Tuesday drew 2.9 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, down 17 and 21 percent week-to-week. Versus its premiere, the freshman horror-comedy is now down 27 and 35 percent.” It sank, tho I have to say the next few episodes were much better than the absolutely unfunny crap beginning.

23. Peeps need to give Scream Queens time, it is without a doubt THE funniest show to hit our screens in years. You need to watch each episode at least twice to fully realise how clever the show is.

• TheDude says:

People aren’t smart enough to get it though. They view it as “dumb” because they can’t see the premise and ingenuity of it. It bothers people when they have to admit they don’t know something, so they make up reasons why the other thing/show/movie is wrong or bad. Too many squirrels watching Scream Queens.

24. murley says:

Bummer about scream queens although I can’t imagine them cancelling it given that it has a contained single season arc. Season 2 seems pretty unlikely though. Oh well, I will enjoy it while it lasts. As long as iZombie and Sheild survive I will be happy.

25. GraceM says:

Looks like the Muppets aren’t as popular as they used to be.

26. BenM says:

I really wanted the Grinder to do well :(

27. LilAngel says:

I love Scream Queens. Seriously, the cast is amazing (Lea Michele, Emma Roberts, Jamie Lee Curtis), the dialogues and one-liners are crazily hilarious and no other show can pull off ‘attack my crack’ like that.
    Can we have the ratings of the first episode with the different platforms (RM twitted the pilot has reached over 10 million viewers) and last week one?

28. KC says:

Scream Queens isn’t getting any better – next week I won’t watch at all

29. Wendy says:

Scream Queens is a flop. Terrible rating considering the amount the promotion, marketing, and money FOX put into the show.

30. kmw says:

Not a great ratings night all the way around

31. Ms Thang says:

SQ needs to kill lea michelle’s character. The actress is so annoying.

32. sq says:

Scream queens 1.2 adults 18-49 rating with 2.968  million viewers this Tuesday your ratings for this week is off

33. mike says:

Screamqueens is a fun, wildly over the top romp. Hope it at least last long enough to reveal the killer.

34. rine says:

yay for scream queens. totally not a fan. and in that pic Lea is not wearing a bra.. how exhibitionist is that. so now ppl sell that on TV like there is no better and smarter idea to sell. ew.