Finding Carter Season 2B

Finding Carter: Will Jackson Rathbone's Jared Come Between Carter and Crash?

Finding Carter‘s titular kidnapping victim has a new man in her life when the MTV drama returns Tuesday (10/9c) and he’s not afraid to mix business with pleasure.

The midseason premiere introduces Jackson Rathbone (The Twilight Saga) as Jared, the owner of a bar called the Magic Hour, where a few of the show’s characters — all of whom are over 21, in case anyone asks — go to blow off some steam.

“There’s a level of deceit involved at the beginning of [Carter and Jared’s] relationship,” Rathbone tells TVLine, adding that Jared “learns a lot” about Carter over the course of Season 2B, and that he’s definitely “love interest” material.

Of course, it should come as no surprise that sparks immediately fly between Carter and Jared, especially when you compare him to her previous romantic entanglements. (That said, she’s still involved with Crash, and unlike the ingredients in Jared’s cocktails, I’m thinking Carter’s two guys won’t mix quite as smoothly.)

“He’s a harder-edged character, but in a likable way,” Rathbone promises, further describing Jared as “the Han Solo to all those Skywalkers that are on the show.” (In case you can’t guess, Rathbone is a big Star Wars fan.)

You’ll have to watch Season 2B unfold in order to learn more about Rathbone’s character, but for now, what are your immediate thoughts? Are you cool with the idea of Carter potentially switching from Team Crash to Team Jared? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Jackson Rathbone was great in the Twilight movies especially his rock star looks in real life.

2. Josh says:

I’ll like Carter more if she drops that piece of crap Crash. Him and Lori should both be in Jail

3. Mark L says:

Most of the characters are not over 21, except the parents

4. LK says:

So Carter is a high school student who will start dating a guy in his 20s? I am not really ok with that.

5. VJ says:

Glad to see him again. I don´t really like the Twilight movies (anymore, loved them as a teenager), but I remember him in the one Criminal Minds episode and he was brillant.

6. Charissa29 says:

The whole 16 year old girl, 20 something guy is always creepy. *cough* PLL Ezria *cough* That said, I find Crash boring, not the actor, but the character.

7. He was one of the likable peeps in Twilight. Good choice!

8. Rhonda Barr says:

I love the twilight movies and love that he’s on this show. I see them together now and I like it except they need to make Carter look a bit older or something. She’s very skinny, boring short straight hair, clothes are average. I would love to see a more grown up Carter (who is actually older in real life). She just seems so Blah and as the main character they need her to look more interesting. She talks and acts more like an adult which is great but change her look in someway. Don’t get me wrong I love her as an actress and I love this show. I just think she is lacking something and I can’t figure it out what it is.

9. Hailey says:

I think that Carter should stick with Jared and not get involved with Crash again. I love Jackson Rathbone in this show and I like his character.