Robert Knepper Twin Peaks

TVLine Items: Twin Peaks Adds 'T-Bag,' One Tree Hill Grad to TNT and More

Here’s another mystery you can add to the mountain of questions surrounding Showtime’s Twin Peaks revival: Who is Robert Knepper playing?

The Prison Break vet will reportedly recur on the cult hit’s upcoming continuation, according to our sister site Deadline. Though details of his character are being kept under wraps, he joins Balthazar Getty (Brothers & Sisters) and Amanda Seyfried (Big Love) in the pay cabler’s revival.

Thus far, Kyle MacLachlan is the only original cast member officially confirmed to return. Production on the series is underway in Washington state, with co-creator David Lynch directing every installment.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* One Tree Hill alumna Bethany Joy Lenz has nabbed the female lead role in Home, TNT’s drama pilot about the secrets lingering behind the facade of a seemingly idyllic suburban family. According to Deadline, Lenz will play Rose Bell, an accomplished (and newly pregnant) designer whose perfect family image is shattered by long-buried secrets.

* Cynthia Nixon (Sex and the City) will guest-star on The Affair‘s second season as Marilyn Sanders, a couples therapist who helps Noah and Alison during a period of strain.

* ABC has renewed 500 Questions for a second season, set to debut in 2016.

* The Fosters has cast Kelli Williams (The Practice) and Rob Morrow (Numb3rs) in the recurring roles of Justina, a well-connected foster care specialist who proposes a significant investment in Callie’s “Fost and Found” website, and Will, a liberal-minded free spirit who is introduced to the Adams Foster family via Stef’s mom.

* Netflix has released another cryptic teaser for Marvel’s Jessica Jones, in which Krysten Ritter’s title character hits the local bar — quite literally:

1. “Who is Robert Knepper playing?” perfect for Killer BOB.

2. iHeart says:

oh good 500 questions is coming back, I this means that the guy that was about to do his run will return

3. Stacy says:

Yes! Finally, Bethany Joy Lenz in a new role.

4. Drew says:

Yet another teaser trailer for Jessica Jones, and I knew before I even watched it that we wouldn’t be seeing the main character. Are these even scenes from the show, or are they created specially for the teasers? Because if this isn’t actual footage from the show, it’s seeming more and more likely that there is a tug of war going on behind the scenes and for some reason, Netflix *can’t* show actual footage. (I know someone who theorizes that ABC wants these shows and is trying to take them from Netflix. I don’t know how far I’d go with that theory at this point. It’s possible, after the success of Daredevil and the much less enthusiastic reception that AoS has gotten, I suppose)
    If this is actual footage from the show, it’s just implying that they’re rather not show us anything substantial from the show, which is also cause for alarm at this point. It still looks like a photo double to me. I don’t know.
    Either way, it’s doing nothing to get people excited. I’ve seen fewer and fewer people who actually seem to care about this show, and a real trailer would go a long way at this point. I don’t get this marketing approach! (I know I’ve said it before, but it continues to baffle me)
    Anyway, Knepper is a great fit for Twin Peaks. So far, the casting for this show seems really solid. I can’t wait to see some actual footage and find out who else is back.

5. Lizo says:

And another perfect casting decision over there on Twin Peaks

6. Mr. Tran K says:

Not happy about the renewal of 500 Questions and CBS still doesn’t have the guts to bring back The Price is Right Million Dollar Spectacular to prime time which hasn’t been on the air in nearly seven years and Mike Richards the producer of the iconic game show better make that happen.

7. Joey Padron says:

Glad Bethany got a new show. New teaser for Jessica Jones is good.

8. Tom says:

Seriously I think I’m in love with Jessica Jones.

9. Mary says:

Yesss for Joy!!! the cast for this series look great, maybe the third time is the charm, Songbyrd was no go, The Cacth replace her, maybe this is a go, TNT have good series