Graceland Cancelled

USA Network's Graceland Cancelled After Three Seasons

USA Network is closing the doors on Graceland.

Series creator Jeff Eastin, who previously gave us and the cabler White Collar, shared the news Thursday on Twitter:

TVLine’s hand-crafted Cable Renewal Scorecard is thusly updated.

Inspired by true events, Graceland in its first, well-received season averaged more than 2 million weekly viewers (in Live+SD ratings). Season 3, however, opened with barely 1 million viewers and a 0.4 demo rating and by the finale was drawing just 900K and a 0.3.

Among USA’s other dramatic fare, Satisfaction opens Season 2 on Oct. 16; Mr. Robot, Suits and Royal Pains are already renewed for Seasons 2, 6 and 8, respectively; and Jason O’Mara’s freshman drama Complications recently got the axe.

In the pipeline at USA, meanwhile, is the occupation drama Colony (debuting Jan. 14) and the pilots Falling Water, Paradise Pictures, Brooklyn Animal Control, Shooter and Poor Richard’s Almanack.

Brandon Jay McLaren cut his hair for this?

1. NOOOOOOOOOOO
    The show had so much potential. It was one of my favourite shows. I’ll definitely be heartbroken to see it go :(

• Dia says:

That was the problem. Season 1 was great. But the potential left the room and we got mired in blah! I was done this season anyways. USA programming is horrible!!!

2. Well ****. This seriously bums me the hell out. :(

3. Dean says:

Its sad in their attempt to make the show edgier they forgot what people liked about it: Co-agency comradery. Requiescat In Pace Graceland.

• Patrick says:

Yep. The first season was fun and bouncy with just a hint of edginess. In season 2 it got incredibly dark, and it did so incredibly quickly. It wasn’t enjoyable anymore. I quit watching in the middle of season 2, and I wasn’t alone. This show richly deserved this cancelation. It shouldn’t have gotten season 3. I’m sorry for all the fans who did enjoy the show, as I’m sorry for every fan that has to lose a show. But this show had it coming. They changed a great show, and it stopped being enjoyable.

4. Jules says:

Aaron Tveit is free to do other things, so there’s that…

5. Anice says:

This sucks! I thought it was an excellent show!

6. Mr. Tran K says:

This makes me very sad :-(

7. Shaun says:

Put out of its misery.

8. m3rcnate says:

Called it. Bummer cause the last season was fairly good but they really screwed themselves and hurt what little fan-base they had when they made the decisions they did in season 2. To make the show SO dark, to write Paige to do what she did, to have all sense of fun completely gone from the show.
    This is why you don’t end on a cliff hanger and open ended hoping you will get another season when your ratings are so poor. Now we the fans have no closure.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Meh. I for one am A-OK. Ending after Season 2, with Mike’s fate in limbo, would = “no closure.”

• m3rcnate says:

Okay that is true, the closure wasn’t at “no closure” level. But there is a lack of closure, you could tell they didn’t write that finale in a way that makes it a solid series finale if need be (like some other shows have done).
        If they are honest with themselves and their horrible ratings they could have taken time (last 10 minutes) to do a flash forward and show us 5 years down the line…maybe Mike & Paige together, one of the housemates dead, one still on the run (Jakes?), etc…and if they had gotten picked up then they pick up where they left off and that time-jump forward is seen as “something that happens in 5 years” that they either get to one day (by going 5 more seasons or at some point time jumping forward permanently) or they don’t get there one day.

• johnhelvete says:

You are 100% correct about ending a season on a cliffhanger or multiple cliffhangers if show is not renewed for another season. I dont have a problem with an open ended ending though.

9. AJJJ says:

Wow. This was one of my favorite summer shows. USA Network is cancelling all of my favorite shows, Psych, White Collar, Covert Affairs, and now this? I think when Mr. Robot is over, I won’t be tuning into USA anymore. All they do is cancel good shows and keep the bad ones. It’s not worth getting invested.

• Bwhit says:

I’m with you! I wanted to try the new Ryan Philippe one but I’m not going to get invested and than have USA pull the plug after season 2!

• graze says:

USA used to be my go to channel, loved all those shows you mentioned. Then they decided to go darker, edgier and cancelled the shows I couldn’t wait to watch. Now they’re probably losing viewers. Not really wondering why….

• tallsy says:

I like Satisfaction because there’s nothing else like it on TV despite the fact that Grace is a wet blanket. Among all the cops/lawyers/medical shows, it’s nice to have something that deals with adult issues but still in an entertaining way.

10. Bwhit says:

Disappointed but I was prepared for this even though I held out hope. I think the ladder half of season 2 is what did it especially Paige giving up Mike, I think z

• Bwhit says:

Didn’t get to finish! I think a lot of people were annoyed with that move and didn’t even bother with season three. Hope to see all these actors in various shows again!

11. Emily says:

This isn’t a surprise; I think the problem with Graceland was that while it was billed as light-hearted “agents in a beach house,” it turned out to to be about a group of criminal federal agents attempting not to get caught.

12. jamz says:

At least this one is justified being USA’s lowest rated drama. Complications I think was more about Smackdown taking over Thursdays staring in January than ratings. Since they don’t program the 8pm hour, that leaves them just four hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays with two of those spots for Royal Pains and Suits.

• johnhelvete says:

USA will still be able to air programs at 10pm on Thursdays. Colony is going to air at 10pm after wrestling on Thursdays in January. They are also airing Satisfaction on Fridays. Complications seemed to be more about USA not owning the show, combined with lack of buzz for the show, and not particularly strong ratings (I only recall seeing Complications in the top 25 DVR numbers once). It was unfortunate because I liked Complications.

13. tallsy says:

Interesting. Just last week they were doing surveys about what people wanted to see in Season 4.

14. Jax&Juice's Girl says:

WTF!!!!!! I just started liking the show after watching S3 and wanted to see the aftermath of what just happened………… THAT SUCKS!!!!!!

15. wrstlgirl says:

The season two cliffhanger and how they handled it in season three pretty much killed it for me anyways. Sorry to see it go but not really surprised.

16. pecola says:

Any word on Playing House?

17. Michael says:

NO! This is such sad news. Every actor on this show is a great talent! Here’s hoping that they can land new shows soon!

18. Jeff says:

I couldn’t get into this show no matter how hard I tried, so I’m glad it’s gone; I typically like most things USA does ~~ hopeful I’ll like the replacement show.

19. Julie says:

This is NOT acceptable!! #SaveGraceland Bring it to another station…PLEASE!!

20. BrittBrat says:

I hate to see Graceland go! I know it lost it’s footing, but I still liked it. Now I only have Suits left.

21. ndixit says:

Hardly a surprise! The show had bad ratings. Honestly, it deserved cancellation. I loved season 1 and the first half of season 2 was ok and parts of season 3 was fun but the stories were so ridiculous and the characters became so unlikable that it’s no wonder it lost viewers. The cast was great throughout and they were the main highlight throughout all seasons.

22. alex says:

can’t say i’ll miss it, the last season was a joke.

23. Jamea says:

The online streaming views are so much higher than the tv views :( Why can’t that count more now? People rely on that more than cable. It’s no wonder the live views for shows have gone down so much. It’s so rare a new show even lasts 3 yrs. Which is why the few faves I have are almost a decade old, and any other show in the last 4 years I’ve watched, like Graceland, has been cancelled too. I’m so heart-broken over this. :(

24. kn1231 says:

Well, I personally would love to see Serinda Swan back on Chicago Fire! I loved her as Severide’s wife, and although that story was rushed, it also grew on me pretty quickly.

25. Angela says:

Sucks the network at least did not give them a send off season the way it did with White Collar. Disappointing.

26. Ellinas1978 says:

Well like I had said the season finale worked nicely for a series finale too.

But I wish they had given it 6 episodes to maybe finish it a little better.

27. Rita in Georgia says:

That makes me sick the best show on t.v. except for GOT. They could of ended it right!!

28. Murica! says:

NOOO!! This is horrible news!! I really liked this season.

29. mrmcgee says:

I’m kinda bummed but…oh well. I agree with all of the ” too dark” comments, plus hire many more plots could they do where we wonder is Briggs good or bad? Some of the ongoing plots became too convoluted, but overall I still liked the show. This and Covert Affairs were my last two USA shows; I can’t get into the rest.

30. Steven McKnight says:

Major bummer! The first season was so terrific, then they started taking the plot in dark and unsatisfying directions. Not totally surprised at decision, but will miss it nonetheless.

Let’s raise a glass and toast some of the best ensemble acting on television and hope that all of the cast members to on to bigger and better things. At least I can still have my Paige dreams . . .

31. Joey Padron says:

So sad about the news cause of cliffhanger in season 3 finale. The show was good & so was the cast. Will miss the show so much.

32. Carrie says:

Come on!!! This show just kept getting better and better. It was so good!! :(

33. Murica! says:

Poor Jakes!! He shaved off his dreads for no reason.

34. One of my favorite shows ever! No@

35. Tracey says:

Oh no not another of my shows cancelled.

36. Nickreras says:

This is a shame, really enjoyed this show. The cast, the characters were great! Boo!

37. Evan says:

Quick, book Serinda Swan to play Zatanna on Legends of Tomorrow! Or Flash! Or Arrow! JUST BOOK HER!

38. acurat says:

I am watching season 2 on Netflix right now. It is not a horrible show but not the best that USA has to offer. I thought season 1 was better. When season 3 comes to Netflix will probably eventually watch it as well.

39. S says:

So sad about this news!! :( One of my favorite shows! Love the actors/characters! :(

40. Collis Blake says:

Another good show USA cancels! Rush was another good show they canceled after one season!

41. Birgitte L. Krag says:

I’m so sad …no more Graceland. It has been my favorite show at all time I loved it. It was different, yeah and dark but I loved it. I want to thank everyone who has participated (writers, crew and cast) it has been an amazing journey. ❤️

42. Melissa says:

Kinda bummed but it got just so dark. I still have the last 7 episodes on the DVR because I didn’t want to be all down after watching. I liked season 1 best with Mike learning the undercover ropes and the makeshift family thing between the agents. I guess I’ll burn off the episodes this weekend, but I don’t think I’ll be hurting come next season.

I still think they pulled the plug too early on Covert Affairs in the drama department and Sirens in the comedy.

43. blonde21212 says:

first season was great couldn’t wait for the second, the second was ok wanted to see what happens, and on the third fast forward it became boring and uninteresting not interested in seeing what happens next. the actors where great but the stories they had to tell could have been better.

44. n8frogg says:

Since when is going “dark” a bad thing?

45. sallie says:

I loved Graceland…great actors and photography…the best…will miss this show…so few good ones on

46. This stinks. I hope Manny Montana lands on something else quickly. I loved Johnny.

47. Diz says:

That just sucks. It was my favorite summer scripted show.

48. Ram510 says:

Of course it’s cancelled

49. Mark says:

I tried. I really did. But I gave up part way through season 3, and I didn’t regret it at all.

USA used to be my go too network with their light, fun shows. They are trying to go “gray skies” and it just isn’t working out for them. Oh well, more time for me to do other things.

50. Alex says:

I am losing faith in USA Network. Least year they cancelled Rush, which was very enjoyable, and replaced it with Complications, which was pretty ridiculous at times. Now they cancel Graceland, and I am sure whatever replaces it will not be as good. Why are you trending downward in quality by cancelling good shows? Next thing we know you’ll be cancelling Suits and the world will come to an end.