Fall TV Preview
Arrow Season 4 Spoilers

Arrow Season 4 Premiere: 'Olicity' Bliss Cut Short, Oliver vs. Dig, Flashback Easter Egg and 7 More Teasers

Domestic bliss interruptus?

The Season 4 premiere of The CW’s Arrow (airing Wednesday at 8/7c) finds partners in crimefighting (and more) Oliver and Felicity very much in love and living in the ‘burbs — but can that last when they’re needed back in Star City?

Having screened the season opener, TVLine is here to share some teasers about the lovebirds’ future, a bromance gone bad, this season’s mysterious flashbacks and more.

♦ As much as we know about this season — and let’s be honest, we know a lot thanks to months of press, promos, Cons, etc. — there are still a couple of major surprises in the hour.

Arrow Season 4 Spoilers♦ While Felicity is “deliriously happy” with Oliver, their suburban life of brunching with new friends — who bring up kids! — secretly bores her to tears. As the pair come back to Team Arrow, some revelations will come out. FYI: the ring in the souffle belonged to Oliver’s mother. (Bad omen, perhaps?)

♦ Thea’s lack of restraint in the field gives Oliver pause for concern — but has anyone else on the team noticed the younger Queen’s eagerness to pummel?

Brrr! No, Captain Cold doesn’t make an appearance in the opener, but Oliver and Dig’s relationship is majorly frosty, with Dig lobbing a particularly harsh statement Oliver’s way about the darkness inside him.

♦ Oliver and Felicity may have more privacy at the Queen loft than they anticipated. Turns out Speedy has been staying elsewhere, given that Ra’s stabbed her in the living room and left her to die and all.

♦ This season’s Big Bad, Damien Darhk, makes his powerful presence and grand plans known quickly to Star City’s top leaders. It’s no wonder that no one, including Walter Steele, wants to be Mayor. (Side note:  Darhk kind of reminds me of Buffy‘s Mayor — but more sinister.)

♦ If you’ve noticed there hasn’t been a lot revealed about this year’s flashbacks, that’s for good reason. What we can tell you: expect an Easter egg and a big twist.

♦ Laurel is kicking butt, saving her dad from an attack. And it’s her and Thea, sans Dig, who decide to ask for Oliver’s help in saving their city from Damien Darhk’s “ghosts.”

♦ Guess who said it and to whom: “If Oliver Queen always made the right choice, he wouldn’t need you.”

♦ At least two characters are keeping important secrets.

Arrow fans, what are you most looking forward to in Season 4?

1. GildedRose says:

Sounds like this is going to be an awesome season. I’m most excited about Oliver, Felicity, Olicity, Diggle, and Damien Darhk. Can’t wait for next week.

2. Drew says:

Has there been an official photo is Thea in costume? I don’t recall her getting a fancy press reveal image like everyone else.

• Liz1 says:

I think that might be coming. EBR posted a picture of WH on her instagram where she was in full Speedy costume at a photoshoot. :)

• Drew says:

Ah. Cool. Thanks.
        Though I have to admit, it was much more thrilling to see her costume reveal on the show than online. I still want a nice clear image though. :)

3. Anon says:

you had me from “Olicity bliss cut short” .
    here’s hoping it dies quickly…..

4. Jane says:

This sounds boring as hell. I can’t stand Olicity and I won’t watch one more season of Oliver being everything but a hero.

• Liz1 says:

Uh…how will Oliver go a whole season without being a hero? I don’t understand what you mean.

• Jane says:

Well, he is doing it for three seasons, so… I am still waiting for a real Green Arrow and everything they gave us is this bad joke.

• Liz1 says:

Oh ok. I disagree. With the exception of season 3 which was a mess, I think Oliver was learning to be a hero in season 2. And this is his origin story so it’s coming. It takes time. Give it a chance.

• Jane says:

I could agree with you, but season three really destroyed everything to me. I could see his journey until season two, and I agree he was learning to be a hero, but now he took like 50 steps back, and after everything I saw, I don’t think he will learn this season. Maybe Felicity will learn for him, because right now seems she is responsible for everything about his life.

• Liz1 says:

Haha. Wow, ok. I don’t think Felicity is responsible for everything about his life at all. I don’t really understand or agree with you there. But I think season 3 was just terrible for everyone and didn’t do Oliver any favors so I’m looking at season 4 as a fresh start. He’s going to be GA. That’s the title of the first episode anyway.

• amb1973 says:

Oliver was horrifically unheroic in S3. Put his team in danger multiple times without their buy-in, and put an entire city in the LOA’s sights to save his sister, who wouldn’t have been almost dead if he hadn’t been so stupid as to leave her alone in her own home knowing the LOA was after his loved ones. There is never an occasion in which it is okay to put 500,000 people in danger, except maybe saving 500,001 people’s lives. Oliver is kind of a POS now.

• Liz1 says:

amb1973, as I said above, this is his origin story so he’s going to make mistakes. I don’t disagree that season 3 was bad, it was, but I’d just prefer not to judge a whole season before it has even aired. Jfc.

• Rick Katze says:

You had you one minute of attention. Go troll elsewhere. You’ve made it clear that you don’t like the turn the show is taking and somehow I don’t think the showrunner are going to pay you any attention.

The rest of us will watch the show and make our own judgment.

5. kate says:

I feel like that is Dig saying that to Felicity or Lance saying it to her.

I can’t guess the secrets but I sort of hope Felicity is one in that she recognizes the big bad (and six episodes would be a good turnaround for a secret reveal which is when her mom shows) otherwise I sense more of her season story starts next episode and whatever she and Curtis work on that sends him on his path.

• Kristin says:

I think it might be Oliver saying it to Felicity. He tends to talk in third person about Oliver Queen and the Arrow.

6. TW says:

Glad to see Laurel is kicking ass. I wonder if they’ll actually let her have a storyline this season that doesn’t involve freaking Sara. I doubt it.

And let me guess, Felicity’s big secret is that she’s been secretly helping the team for months because no one can function without her.

• Let’s hope they’ve got more than Dad and Sara issues, or I really will have lost complete faith in the writers being able to write a good comic book hero story. And God I hope that isn’t the secret, as she’ll definitely will have earned the title of biggest Mary Sue.

• tvjunkie says:

Well Sara will be off on the new show at mid season so at most Laurel would be wrapped up with Sara for only part of the season and who know how many episodes Sara will actually be in. Probably not every fall episode.

7. Mr. Tran K says:

Hope Season 4 will bounce back even though I was a little disappointed in the second half of Season 3 (turning Oliver Queen as a bad guy).

8. Liz1 says:

This sounds awesome! Love Olicity and I knew Felicity wouldn’t want that domestic kind of life. That’s why she’s perfect for Oliver. He can be GA and be with Felicity because she wants both lives too. Awesome. And awwww, he was going to give her Moira’s ring. I don’t see that as a bad omen. He wanted something to stay in the family. It’s sweet. Not surprised Diggle is frosty to Oliver, he deserves it. Hope it doesn’t drag out the whole season though.

• Sil says:

Felicity didn’t think much of Moira. So, her ring given to her might be a bit much. For Oliver he wants to give Felicity a family heirloom and a his mother’s ring out of sentiment. As for Oliver deserving Dig’s indignation, Yes, Oliver needs to earn Dig’s respect again.

9. Wow if only Moira was still alive, she’d object to her ring being given to Felicity. Can they please just kill Olicity here and now, they’re just cheesy and awful.

Gee can Wendy mention Laurel without it seeming like an afterthought, she really has no clue to how important this character is! Here’s hoping they’ve got more planned for Laurel than just being a badass, as season 4 will be a bigger disaster than season 3.

• amb1973 says:

Olicity dying is never going to happen, because although Oliver sucks now, Felicity is very popular. Also, how are you feeling about Sara returning, as White Canary? Since you were so sure she would be back, the same actress, called the White Canary, yet not Sara Lance? Delusional.

• Sara Lance coming back is a mistake, as it means that no character can truly die – so where is the real threat, it takes that tension away. White Canary is a huge white washing of a Birds of Prey character, so no I don’t agree with their take on it. However, it is what is and I’m glad she is on her own show – we don’t need two Canary type characters on Arrow. Black Canary is the hero for Arrow. I’m sure Caity is enjoying being back and both Katie and Caity enjoyed working together, so hopefully the sister angst storyline will come to an end once and for all.

• JC1 says:

It is not whitewashing, because Caity Lotz is not playing the Gail Simone-created character White Canary. She is playing Sara Lance, just taking on a different superhero identity. It’s no different than several different characters being Green Lantern, or Batgirl, or the Flash.

• Liz1 says:

You might think they’re cheesy and awful but there’s also a lot of people who don’t agree with you. It’s all a matter of personal opinion. But they’re even building Oliver and Felicity a bedroom set so yeah. They’re going nowhere.

I think season 4 is shaping up to be a great season. Lots of Diggle who is rightly out in the field. Felicity getting her own storyline. Oliver coming to terms with both sides of himself. Thea looks so good as Speedy/Red Arrow. Damien Darhk sounds awesome too. There’s so much to look forward to!

• Drew says:

The producers of “Buffy The Vampire Slayer” decided to build Giles a bedroom set in season 2 as well, just as his relationship with Jenny Calendar was getting off the ground… That didn’t turn out too well.
        Not to be a downer, but I wouldn’t base any long term hopes and dreams on the sets that they build.

• What about the words of EPs? Because they keep saying the Olicity relationship will be one of the things they explore this season.

• Explore can also mean ending too. Think Gwen Stacey!

• Unless Gwen Stacy has ever been the kind of partner to Peter Parker that Felicity has been to Oliver for two and a half years, there’s no comparison.

• Drew says:

My only point is that nobody should get too comfortable. The second you start doing your happy dance and thinking that everything is awesome is the second the writers will pull the rug out from under you. Unless it’s the series finale, they aren’t going to be giving out any happy endings.

• I’m not doing that, I’m simply stating that they’re exploring Oliver in a stable relationship in the present. They can’t do that if they break them up during the season.

• Drew says:

We don’t really know what they’re doing with the relationship yet. The season could go a hundred different ways… At this point last year, who would have thought that Oliver would get stabbed through the heard, thrown off a cliff and just walk it off? To have guessed that would have required someone to be as insane as the writers were for writing it.
            I see a lot of people here making a lot of assumptions based on a lot of reading into small comments made by people related to the show. Usually, people see what they want to see and they ignore everything else. This path will only lead to heartache later on.
            Right now, we know that Oliver and Felicity ran off together and had a few happy months living in their happy little bubble. What happens next is anyone’s guess. For all we know, Felicity will be revealed to be an evil spy or she will run off to marry Nyssa. Whatever happens, the only sure bet is that some part of the fandom will be unhappy with it. Hopefully, the writers are less concerned with pleasing everyone and are more concerned with telling a good story.

• Going by what the EPs said isn’t putting myself in a happy little bubble. That being said, if they’re putting together a bedroom set, at the very least we can expect it to get firebombed at least once.

• And there’s a hell of lot who do agree with me, been on some other social forums lately? A common thread is kill Felicity or kill Olicity – so I think it’s popular with the O fans, no one else.

• Sil says:

Totally agree.

10. Danielle says:

This is going to be an amazing season. So glad Felicity and Diggle are getting front and center this year!!

11. Andy says:

I’m beyond excited for season 4 after seeing all the promos. I’ve been waiting for a focus on Diggle and Felicity for 3 seasons now and it’s finally coming. Damien Darhk is looking wonderfully evil. It will be nice to see a lighter and happier side to Oliver. I’ve always loved his sarcastic humour the few times it popped up before now. Hopefully we see lots more of it going forward. I will be tuning in live every week to see Oliver and Felicity and Diggle. Kinda hoping flashbacks are in Russia cuz Bratva should be cool.

12. Jared says:

I’m just ready for all my CW shows to come back. The new shows this Fall have been a snooze.

13. Maria says:

Ahh the resident apple going everywhere trying to belittle Felicity’s character. We hear enough from you on Twitter. You’re so deluded about Laurel Lance that I just can’t even fathom you liking anyone else but her.

Most people watch this show for Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. Also Thea. You’re so deluded that you think LL is badass and that’s just funny. Anything that LL revolved around Sara. Her storyline will never be anything but revolving around Sara. The one with the actual abilities on screen and in real life.

14. Anna says:

Really excited about Oliver, Felicity, Dig, and Thea! Thea looks like she’s doing awesome as a vigilante. Looking forward to Diggle and Felicity’s storylines as well. So excited for the possibility of an Olicity engagement–keeping them together is so much better than teasing a will they-won’t they.

15. I’m quite excited about Arrow Season 4. it seems action-packed with so many characters in the game now… I’m so ready to see Oliver Queen in a better place emotionaly speaking; Thank you Felicity for that!
    I hope Diggle & Oliver will fix their problem fast, I’m eager to meet the new Thea Queen and I’m really curious about the Lance Family development with Sara’s return to life. I sincerly hope it will bring Laurel some peace, the poor girl need a break… big time.

16. pem says:

Totally looking forward to the new season of Arrow. Excited to see Oliver and Felicity happy as a couple and working together as a team again. Really glad Oliver is in new “headspace”. Hoping Diggle and Oliver resolve their issues sooner rather than later.

17. brenna says:

I’m really looking forward to all of these stories, villains, and action. I do hope that Diggle and Oliver regain their friendship quickly. I want to see all the team work together well like they used to. I had enough of everyone being mad at Oliver last season. I want to see Oliver embrace the hero he is and everyone have each other’s back.

18. Robert Dassler says:

What happened? back in the first two seasons this used to be an excellent show. I blame The Flash. That’s when the rot started to set in.

19. I am 100% certain that the quote (“If Oliver Queen always made the right choice, he wouldn’t need you.”) is Oliver. Unsure on this, but I reckon it’s to Felicity

20. Delirious says:

Guess who said it and to whom: “If Oliver Queen always made the right choice, he wouldn’t need you.” -> I’m gonna go on a limb here and say “clearly, Felicity to Blackneto… I mean… to Diggle”

21. A3rynSun76 says:

Felicity says it to Dig I bet

22. jacob says:

im i the only one who thinks one of the two people keeping secrets is felicaty and she know ollie has a son thats why she crys when here new friends talk about children??

23. George says:

As long as no one is going to take three arrows to the chest and then a dumpster thump in the premiere, I’m all in for the first episode. Bring it on!

24. What was the easter egg in the flashbacks??? I guess I didn’t pick up on it.

• Lee says:

when Oliver is sitting in the bar with Waller, there’s a shot of a guy wearing a flight jacket and a name badge “Jordan”. This being Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. Great Easter Egg!

25. Myridean says:

Matt Ryan’s appearance as John Constantine! Since the series, Constantine was cancelled, I’m hoping that his appearance will be the first of recurring appearances in both Arrow and Flash in the coming season.

26. impatient says:

This may be a bit off topic but having never read the green arrow comics, I have to ask – are any of the major characters in this show NOT destined to become superheroes? I mean seriously, virtually every recurring character has turned into a crime-fighting, kick-ass do-gooder. It’s starting to feel a bit silly even considering the genre.