Elisha Cuthbert The Ranch

TVLine Items: Elisha Cuthbert Heads to Netflix, NBC Orders QuizUp and More

Alex Kerkovich + Michael Kelso = a match made in TV heaven?

Happy Endings alumna Elisha Cuthbert will recur on The Ranch, Netflix’s upcoming comedy starring That ’70s Show vets Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson.

The series follows Colt Bennett (Kutcher), a semi-pro football star who returns home to help his brother (Masterson) run their family’s Colorado ranch. Per our sister site Deadline, Cuthbert will play a former cheerleader who is Colt’s old flame.

The Ranch will debut in 2016.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* NBC has given a 10-episode order to QuizUp, a game show based on the popular trivia app. The series will pair in-studio contestants with eight different competitors who are watching and playing from home. If the in-studio contestants win the battles, they can rack up as much as $1 million; if the at-home players win their battles, they will win the money allocated to that round.

* NASCAR driver Carl Edwards will guest-star on a November episode of Fox’s The Grinder, playing a police deputy who pulls over Dean (Rob Lowe) and Stewart (Fred Savage), per THR.

* Masters of Sex actress Heléne Yorke has landed a series-regular role on Graves, Epix’s upcoming satire about a former U.S. president (Nick Nolte) who tries to right his administration’s wrongs 25 years after leaving office. According to Deadline, Yorke will play Olivia Graves, the former POTUS’ daughter who moves back home after she discovers her husband was unfaithful.

* Film vet Michael Madsen (Die Another Day, Kill Bill) has joined the Season 2 cast of Powers, PlayStation announced Wednesday. He will play SuperShock, one of the world’s most famous and mysterious superheroes.

1. Nancy Cianci says:

Love Elisha, like Kutcher, dislike Masterson……hope they recast him.

2. NBC and QUIZ SHOWs don’t mix well…

3. Mr. Tran K says:

CBS Daytime should end The Price is Right in 2017 because Drew Carey is a poor man’s Bob Barker and the show is NOT funny. The models, George Gray, the contestants and the entire crew as well as the most overrated producer on Daytime TV Mike Richards are a bunch of brain-dead idiots. #PriceIsRightEndsIn2017

• byron says:

I disagree.

• Sara says:

Why are you complaining? I hate to see complainers ;)

• Mr. Tran K says:

About what? The one thing I’m still angry about TPIR is that they didn’t bring back the three model rotation since Season 41 ended and for three straight years now it didn’t happen again because fans are more outraged than ever when their favorite model is on vacation or something or maybe their “contracts”. Wonder if Rachel Reynolds who’s been on the show since 2003 should think about “retiring” as a Price is Right model.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Elisha Cuthbert will always be Kim Bauer on 24. #DAMMIT

• byron says:

You really seem to have a problem with change, that must be hard for you.

Personally, whatever they want to do on TPIR is fine with me (I loved Bob Barker, but he couldn’t have stayed forever; I think Drew does great as the new host, in fact I think the show is more fun and natural; model rotation doesn’t matter to me in the slightest; Rachel is still absolutely stunning; would LOVE to see more of Manuela…)

I think Elisha is terrific in everything she does. I would imagine if I was a performer I would strongly dislike being pigeonholed in anything, and would hope my fan base would accept me moving on.

Best of luck to you.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Don’t wish me luck for the rest of your life. The Price is Right is still Daytime TV’s biggest problem and I still don’t know how many more years it will take before your long national nightmare comes to an end. They should ended after Bob Barker’s retirement in 2007 if the execs at CBS Daytime was having second thoughts about it. The real problem about TPIR is everybody including Drew Carey, the models, the staff and even the contestants who are acting like premature adults. People need to quit watching Price is Right no matter how good or bad the episodes are and I’m not going to stand there if I throw a temper tantrum in front of my TV.