Zabryna Guevara is trading in one big city for another.
The Gotham actress, whose Commissioner Essen — Spoiler Alert! — exited the Fox series on Monday’s episode, will next appear on Baz Luhrmann’s upcoming Netflix drama The Get Down.
Set in 1970s New York City during the birth of hip-hop, punk and disco, the series centers on a ragtag crew of South Bronx teenagers who have no one to shelter them except each other. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Guevara will recur as the wife of Giancarlo Esposito’s Pastor Ramon Cruz.
The Get Down‘s 13-episode first season will debut on Netflix in 2016.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Season 2 of Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce will premiere Tuesday, Dec. 1, at 10/9c, Bravo announced Tuesday.
* Former President Bill Clinton will visit The Late Show With Stephen Colbert on Tuesday, Oct. 6, joining previously announced guests Billy Eichner and Florence and the Machine.
* Will Yun Lee (Strike Back, Hawaii Five-0) will guest-star on ABC’s upcoming Ken Jeong sitcom Dr. Ken. He’ll appear in a November episode as Dr. Kevin O’Connell, a handsome Korean doctor who once dated Ken’s wife, according to TVInsider.
* Former Supernanny Jo Frost will next produce and star in Jo Frost: Nanny on Tour, an Up TV series in which she helps families across the United States evolve through all stages of parenting. The first 10-episode season will premiere in early 2016.
* The People’s Choice Awards 2016 will air Wednesday, Jan. 6, at 9/8c, CBS announced Tuesday.