Exclusive
Nashville Scout Taylor-Compton Cast

Nashville Casts Gilmore Grad as 'Hipster' Love Interest, But for Whom?

A tattooed new honey soon will arrive in Nashville, so watch out, Gunnar.

Or Avery. Or Luke. (And don’t even think about it, Deacon.)

Scout Taylor-Compton, whose many TV roles include that of Dean’s little sister on Gilmore Girls, is joining the cast in the recurring role of Erin, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Per the official character description, Erin is a 20-something “east Nashville hipster” sound engineer with a bit of ink and no desire to commit to anything — a dude, a house, whatever — because her “free spirit” dictates how she lives her life.

She’s sure to catch someone‘s eye, but for now, the ABC drama isn’t telling.

Taylor-Compton’s resume also includes stints on Major Crimes, NCIS: Los Angeles, Bones and Charmed, among other series. She also played Laurie in Rob Zombie’s 2007 remake of the classic horror flick Halloween and its sequel.

Which Nashville hottie do you think will fall under Erin’s spell? Log your prediction in the comments.

1. Wordsmith says:

Sounds like she’ll be sort of the polar opposite of Scarlett’s settled, commitment-happy doctor beau, which could make that awkward triangle into an even more complicated quadrangle.
    Alternatively, Avery could probably use a low-pressure, free-spirited distraction from his current woes, if only because nothing seems to motivate Juliette to get her act together better than a bit of good old jealousy.

• tvjunkie says:

Old Avery would have hit that in a NY minute. New Avery I don’t think would do that to Juliette even with how she’s treated him.

2. A Fan of TV says:

Definitely don’t think Luke would have any legitimate interest in that character description. He loves himself and values his responsibility to his kids way too much for a free-spirited young hipster to make him weak. If Teddy wasn’t in jail, he’d be my first guess, since she’s oh-so-inappropriate for him, but ultimately it’s between Gunnar and (probably) Avery, I bet.

3. Alexa says:

Please direct me to one Nashville character under the age of 30 who ISN’T a hipster.

4. ts says:

In some pictures, she kind of looks like Sadie.

5. Winter says:

Dean’s little sister?! Thanks I feel real old now.

6. Ian says:

Im guessing Avery.
    Gunnar’s slept with Scarlett’s best friend and his old girlfriend that had his brother’s kid, if he gets yet another love interest, Scarlett would just be better off with the doctor. She’s better off with him already. Sheesh.

7. Ted says:

Nashville – NOT a good show.

8. Riana says:

Maybe they’ll make her a love interest for Layla. Otherwise she’d have to face the wrath of shippers

• JKR says:

I don’t dislike that idea, but considering her freakout over Will being gay, that would be quite the turn of events….

• Heidi says:

Agreed but the scenario is still believable. Who of us hasn’t immediately judged something and then had our opinions turned on their heads by some crazy experience?

9. Sheila Street says:

I would like think Gunnar but not totally ruling out Avery. Juliette better get her act together or she will be in hot water. I want to see Highway 65 hold some talent and shut down her rival!

10. Eileen Hargis says:

As long as its NOT Deacon or Gunner, I dont care. Pair her with the doctor.

11. Heidi says:

It’s gonna be Avery or Luke
    Gunnar + Scarlett forever I don’t care what anybody says

• Nancy says:

I agree about Avery or Luke, but I hope it’s Avery. He needs a distraction from being a baby carrier. Although I love what a devoted father he is, he needs to get a life and gee Juliette a run for her money. He is a great artist and should have his own back story away from Juliette. Let her she what she is missing. I love Javery but there needs to be a bit of Avery getting in the lime light.