Fear the Walking Dead Web Series

TVLine Items: Walking Dead Web Series, Jessica Jones Teaser and More

Fear the Walking Dead is, quite literally, about to go viral.

AMC on Monday announced the launch of Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462, a 16-part web series that will air concurrently with The Walking Dead‘s sixth season.

Flight 462 will follow a group of passengers on a commercial airplane at the earliest moments of the outbreak, during which an infected traveler threatens everyone on board. One of the characters in the web series (aka the only survivor…?) will go on to join the cast of Fear the Walking Dead‘s second season.

The first Flight 462 installment will debut on AMC.com on Sunday, Oct. 4 — the same day as Fear‘s Season 1 finale — with each subsequent vignette becoming available on Sundays thereafter. The minute-long episodes will also air as promos during The Walking Dead‘s sixth season.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Netflix has released a new teaser trailer for Marvel’s Jessica Jones (debuting Nov. 20), in which the titular heroine has a highly effective way of turning off her alarm clock:

* Speaking of Netflix, it will be the exclusive streaming home for CBS’ Zoo (Season 1 is available in the U.S. now) and The CW’s Jane the Virgin (Season 1 will be available Monday, Oct. 12, the same day as the show’s Season 2 premiere).

* The 70th Annual Tony Awards will air Sunday, June 5, at 8/7c, CBS announced Monday. Nominations will be announced Friday, April 29.

* Raúl Castillo (Looking) will appear in Gotham Season 2 as DC Comics villain Eduardo Flamingo, who will first turn up in Episode 9 as one of the city’s most dangerous hitmen, our sister publication Variety reports.

* Secretary of State John Kerry will visit The Late Show With Stephen Colbert on Thursday, Oct. 1, CBS announced Monday.

1. LADY_in_MD says:

Ugh I gotta wait two more weeks for Jane I thought it would be available the same day the season one dvd came out oh well 😕

2. lechatnoir says:

That’ll be too much. We need to enjoy this prequel and the original show. I am willing to bet next spring we’ll probably get a spin off set in New Orleans during Katrina .

3. David Stumme says:

Flight 462? Really? Seems kind of bland. Sort of like “Fear….”

Why not “Walkers on a Plane” complete with Samuel L. Jackson impersonator?

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Still enjoy the new format on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert especially having politicians as guests.

5. Drew says:

The trailers for Jessica Jones have really sucked. I hope the show isn’t this bad… Once again, they’re not showing the main character of the series (just a photo double pretending to be her), and they’re playing the old “crushing the alarm clock” gag that stopped being funny at least ten years ago. Do they not have access to any actual footage from the series? Filming for the season is over. They should be able to put something together by now.
    (and before people complain about me being negative, I am commenting on the horrible promotion of this series. I have no idea what the series itself will be like, so I am not commenting on the series itself)

• Simon Jester says:

I’ve actually loved the teasers. (They are, of course, not ‘trailers’, which is why you are not getting footage yet.)

• Drew says:

They are teaser trailers.

• Simon Jester says:

Yes… WHICH DON’T USUALLY CONTAIN FOOTAGE. They are simply there to ‘tease’ the series.

• Drew says:

Not really. The only ones that don’t have any footage are usually the ones that are made before much footage is shot. They have the entire series in the can. The show premiered in less than two months. Show me another project that has zero footage to show us less than two months before it premieres.

• Simon Jester says:

Yes, really. Try looking up the definition of “teaser trailer,” Einstein. The fact that they have finished filming doesn’t obligate them put out a trailer by a certain date… especially since everyone except you seems to be enjoying the teasers.

But since you apparently require proof… iZombie released its S2 teaser in June, but didn’t have a trailer until Sept. 1 — a mere 5 weeks before its premiere. Thanks for playing.

• Winter says:

Well every season Sons of Anarchy would run teasers of the season coming with nothing but a few cryptic words from a previous season and the faces of actors on the show. Teasers are always meant to incite you and kind of let you the tone of the show real trailers come later.

• Drew says:

A trailer for season 2 is not the same thing as a trailer for the series premiere. When a series trailer is released, there is generally footage from the show. There is just no way around that fact. Legends of Tomorrow had zero footage shot for the series and they still managed to put together a real trailer.
            Even big mysterious projects like Batman vs. Superman have actual footage in their trailer.
            I can’t think of a single logical reason for Netflix to be using photo double footage in a trailer for a series that has a season in the can and which premieres in two months. The time for playing hard to get is over. Time to actually promote the series!
            I think it is swell that you enjoy these teaser trailers, but when I watch them all I see is what they don’t want to show us. Not in a good way. This is horrible marketing from where I’m sitting because all I think about when I see these trailers is what is going on behind the scenes that prevents them from even showing the face of their star.
            Everyone is enjoying these trailers? Really? How much positive reaction did you see to this trailer on this site? There is not much buzz going on here. Mostly because there is nothing to buzz about.
            Also, no footage would have been shot for iZombie season 2 in June. Would have been hard to make a trailer out of nothing.

• Simon Jester says:

Oh, sweetie, tell me you’re not really that thick. iZombie “doesn’t count” because it promoting season 2? Okay. Other shows that did not unveil full trailers until within 2 months of their season 1 premiere included Fargo and Daredevil. And since the latter proved to be so successful for Netflix, they are obviously following the same advertising strategy with JJ.
            But if you hate the teasers so much, by all means, give the show a miss. You’ll be doing us all of favor by not subjecting us to further inane comments about it.

• Drew says:

Okay, first of all… I’m not your sweetie.
            Second, it’s funny that you should mention Daredevil. At this point before Daredevil’s release, they had a trailer with actual footage and I believe that they also had a “motion poster” or whatever they called it, highlighting the show’s star. That was for a well known property that didn’t need to be explained to most people (beyond assuring them that it would be better than the movie).
            Jessica Jones is nowhere near as well known as Daredevil. We are less than two months from its release and what we have amounts to a page from the comic book and a photo double in a trailer that has less information in it than the tag after the credits of a Marvel movie. If you’re impressed by this, you must be super easy to buy birthday presents for.
            And finally… Why would you tell me not to watch the series. I’m just about the only person talking about it these days.
            As I clearly stated, I’m not commenting on the series at all. I’m commenting on the horrible marketing. They’re barely even related. You’d know that if you knew anything about TV shows or marketing.

6. Ralph says:

462 had better add an interesting character to Fear or I’m gone next year!!

7. A ONE minute episode a week? Why bother?

8. Kate says:

Thank you Netflix for Jane, I watched the first episode in a rerun and then subsequently, the CW didn’t really replay it consistently. And also, that bit of Jessica Jones actually makes me really want to see it since I was planning on watching it pretty much out of obligation to the Defenders. I saw Zoo yesterday, and was surprised that I had to see if it was that crazy pants show I actually enjoyed this summer or some incarnation of it that I’d never heard of before. It also makes me hopeful for a season 2. At the very least, I want to know where exactly Jamie is that they were all heading for.

9. Lilly77 says:

I love Raul Caustillo, but not enough to watch any more of Gotham…darn.

10. A Fan of TV says:

Assuming now this is the wobbling plane that we didn’t actually see crash over the neighborhood in L.A. in ep. 4.

11. Danielle says:

Netflix needs to hammer out better deals with The CW. They have all summer to put current seasons of that networks shows on Netflix, instead they wait 1 or 2 days before the premiere of whatever show it is. So then, the fans that couldnt watch, for example, Arrow season 3 live have only one or two days to get through 22-24 episodes in time for the premiere of season 4. It’s such bull.

• Drew says:

I agree with what you’re saying wholeheartedly.
      That said, my advice to those Arrow fans is to skip season 3. Read some spoilers if they must, but if I could unsee season 3, I totally would.

12. peterwdawson says:

Yeah, I’d destroy my radio too for playing that damn song. What the hell, 1970s?

13. Win says:

I was excited to see Zoo in recently added Netflix and will start rewatching with a friend after I finish my Doctor Who S8 repeats.

14. Mel says:

Fear the Walking Dead: Flight 462 on web series.. I hope they better be step up subtitles caption caption for Deaf people.. We want watch on web series.. Please put subtitles.. We has right!