Days Of Our Lives EJ Alive

Days of Our Lives Video: EJ Brought Back to Life by... John Oliver?

Days of Our Lives fans, prepare to witness one of the series’ wildest resurrections yet.

HBO’s Last Week Tonight With John Oliver on Sunday focused on the myriad difficulties faced by refugees seeking asylum in less-hostile countries, culminating in a special gift to 16-year-old Syrian refugee Noujain Mustaffa. She learned English by watching Days, and like many fans, she hasn’t forgiven the NBC soap for killing off EJ DiMera (played by James Scott).

Not only did Oliver revive EJ — in spectacular, soapy fashion — but he also reunited the no-longer-dead Brit with his true love, Sami Brady (Alison Sweeney). The duo even gives Mustaffa a special shoutout, once EJ is done explaining the insane details of his resurrection, of course.

In case you don’t have time to watch the full report (below), Mustaffa’s story is told from 3:45 to 4:36, and the Days action begins at 13:00.

Hit PLAY on the video below, then drop a comment with your thoughts.

1. Sara says:

I cannot express enough how much I love John Oliver. This was insightful, hilarious, and ultimately so sweet.

2. Magali says:

every Sunday I fall more and more in love with Last Week Tonight. Damn That show is funny

3. Love this clip! Was great of the actors to do this, esp for such a worthy cause.

4. GuessWhat says:

Wow — awesome. It seems like he really watches DAYS. Very convincing.

5. I love that he took the time to put this together for her. And good on the actors for doing that too. That was great to see. I just hope they get it to her somehow so she can see it too.

6. Laura says:

Awesome!!!! This is cool on so many levels. Well done.

7. Kathy M says:

I LOVE this episode, LOVE John Oliver, and LOVE LOVE LOVE that they did a Days of Our Lives segment and brought “Sami” and “EJ” on to perform a scene!!!

8. N0S4A2 says:

Wow, this was awesome! Thank you John Oliver for making this happen and thank you Alison and James for being such good sports… Oh how I miss you two on Days!!! You both look great! sigh….. if only this were true and you both came back to the show ;( love it!

9. Mrs minor says:

Worry and bring bo back and put the right person. I. Jail for murder stop missing with chad

10. Angela says:

I’ve never even watched “Days of Our Lives”, but that was freaking awesome. And very sweet. How nice of the actors to do that for Mustaffa :). I hope she saw it-if she did, I can only imagine how thrilled she would’ve been.
    Excellent report as a whole, too. This is why Oliver and his show are so cool and great.

• lulu says:

Please..nice try to promote this soap whereas Ej and Sami (the characters) are not on this show anymore (they even killed the Ej character which did upset Noujain and the reason of all this move to begin with,) and they are the ones who matter in this article, not the rest of this soap..but nice try..

• 4ever DAYS says:

Without DAYS, this would not have happened. The girl was able to have something to escape to through Days of our Lives. Without DAYS there could never be an EJ and Sami. Without TPTB/DAYS permission, the reunion could not and would not have happened. Days of our Lives…making the world a better place.

11. Swiss mocha says:

This is ridiculous!

• lulu says:

This is not ridiculous, it put a smile to a young woman/teen who seriously need it ! You are the ridiculous one with your ridiculous comment.

• Alfie-Doolittle says:

Once in a while people go way out of their way to put a bring a smile to someone with a broken life. That attempt does NOT fix all the ill in the world but it does remind us there is hope in for our species. And once the young refugee sees this clip, her faith in humanity will get a boost large enough to last her a lifetime, a life already impacted by the loss of her homeland and her ability to walk. If you can’t see value in that or what it says about our species, then I can only imagine her sterile your life must be.

• Alfie-Doolittle says:

Too many typos in the original post!:

Once in a while people go way out of their way to a bring a smile to someone with a broken life. That attempt does NOT fix all the ill in the world but it does remind us there is hope for our species. And once the young refugee sees this clip, her faith in humanity will get a boost large enough to last her a lifetime, a life already impacted by the loss of her homeland and her ability to walk. If you can’t see value in that or what it says about our species, then I can only imagine how sterile your life must be.

12. Sunnyside says:

Days of Our Lives‘ Kassie DePaiva shouldn’t be let go. She has proven to be a great actress with her grieving for daughter Paige. Page shouldn’t have been let go either she is a great addition to Days. Keep the story lines you have had they are entertaining to watch. I never miss an episode. You got a great show, Don’t go backward to the dumb stories of the ISA!
    Now the story of Bo and Steve is ridiculous and irritating to watch.

13. Sunnyside says:

Days of Our Lives‘ Kassie DePaiva has proven to be a great actress . Her grief about daughter Paige had me in tears thinking about when I lost my father. Don’t let her go! Love John Oliver
    and Sammy, Too bad you can’t convince her to come back. Don’t go backwards with these boring sidelines of Bo and Steve in the ISA. BORING! What you have now is great keep it coming.

14. Sue says:

Awe so missed you ;( that was so sweet of you two

15. Joey says:

Everyone must protect international treasure John Oliver at all costs.

16. Paloma says:

I liked the bit, though it is highly unlikely that Noujain Moustaffa is ever going to see it. What it also did is to provide Americans with a cultural reference in common wih Moustaffa so that they can connect with her instead of dismissing her as they will most refuges or worse, branding her a terrorist before of her country of origin and ethnicity.

For some reason when the bit started, I thought that John Oliver was going to put the actors together with Moustaffa, something that would have actually involved her instead of filming something she’s unlikely to see.

17. Clotee Lewis says:

Awe, brought tears to my eyes. I pray for each and every one of the immigrants. May God Be With Them.

18. maggie says:

This was excellent! John Oliver shed light on the flight of these refugees, and gave one of them a wonderful surprise. Thanks to Oliver, Alison Sweeney and James Scott for making Noujain’s wish for EJ to come back to life come true, even if just for one night. The actors were great sports for doing this. Oliver has shown that he is the true heir to Jon Stewart.

19. John NYC says:

Extra effort? That’s the sign of a good staff. And anyone who thinks staff don’t run a lot of celebrity social media efforts is just cute as a bunny. So that’s always a possibility.

20. Jamie says:

This was unbelievably sweet of John Oliver and these actors – if just to remind this girl that there are people out there who want to help her keep smiling and dreaming while she and her family are in crisis.

21. Phyllis Procheska says:

Been watching Days since it began.

22. My mother moved in with us as she had terrible arthritis and memory problems and I miss her so very much and miss my dad just as much

23. I really miss EJ and Sami as I thought they were so much in love and I have watched it from the beginning

24. Annie Lawson says:

Absolutely loved seeing EJ and Sami. Been watching Days since 1966. Thank you so much.

25. Kim Letus says:

Wow, that was insanely cool. Way to go John Oliver, Allie and James!

26. Cindy says:

Loved this! It was so awesome for Alison and James to do this for that sweet girl. Days of Our Lives have some very caring actors/actresses. It was also awesome for John Oliver to do this! Goes to show that there is still people doing kind acts in this world that has gotten so sad.

27. Jan says:

I watch Day of our Lives, and think that was great of Sami and EJ doing that clip. I loved your video.

28. Josie says:

I had never seen this clip of Sami and EJ so I was fooled for a minute. That was hilarious! I’ve never seen the show it was featured on. Does that show air in the United States? Thanks for the laugh!

29. marge says:

I have literally stopped watching Days since the departure of Sami and Ej…thank you so much for this….:) I wish the actors and the network could make this work the characters could come back.