Blindspot Scripts Order NBC

NBC Orders More Blindspot Scripts

You might want to search Jane Doe’s extensive body art for a tattoo that says “full-season pickup,” because that’s almost certainly in her future.

NBC has ordered nine more scripts for Blindspot, per The Hollywood Reporter.

Though the move is not officially a back-nine order for the freshman drama, which has aired only one episode, it’s a good sign.

Blindspot‘s series premiere on Monday earned 10.6 million total viewers and a 3.1 rating in the demo, giving NBC its best rating in the time slot since The Blacklist‘s year-ago opener, delivering the best retention (82 percent) ever for the debut of a drama following The Voice.

1. Steven says:

Well that was quick.

2. Kate says:

I may check in again later, but, well, NBC I don’t 100% trust you and the predictive nature of your programming.

3. N says:

Yay! Love this show!

4. wrstlgirl says:

WhoooHooooo I love this. Wonder what those naysayers who said it was doomed to fail are saying now.

5. Jen says:

Good news, best pilot episode of the season so far in my opinion. Had me hooked from the start right though to the end!

6. Easton says:

This is something I don’t get. Networks are so quick to do everything, whether it be cancel or order more scripts. Just because a show premieres with good numbers doesn’t mean it’s going to stay that way. Week 1 numbers don’t mean anything. It’s week 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. that are at true test of what the show is actually going to do. Give the show a few weeks to stabilize in the ratings and then decide if you want to order more scripts. Do I think Blindspot will drop a lot in the ratings? Nah. I feel like it will be one of the few shows that actually does halfway decent this season. Regardless, you just never know. I don’t understand why networks seem to think that all these decisions need to be made so fast. They are so quick to do everything!

• John NYC says:

I’d suggest in these days of rampant social media they are trying to preempt a lot of bailing due to a perception it’s not going to be extended on the basis it simply hadn’t been. So with a positive first outing they nudge buzz in the right direction by ordering more writing.

7. Dean says:

Expected who wants to take bets on how long before an early season 2 pick up?

8. John NYC says:

Good show with a widely (in Marvel Universe) popular actor as the lead. The nicely twisted plot reveals near the end if the premiere should help keep people coming back. All is not as it seems! And that’s a good thing. 😎

9. Lysh says:

I like it, I just wish it weren’t opposite Castle. And I felt like it was lacking in something, but Berlanti can’t always execute a perfect pilot. I’m glad the network has hope in it though! That’s promising.

10. m3rcnate says:

I enjoyed the pilot, I love both leads, but I am staying cool on the show until the plot develops more and we see if this shows arcs (tats, who is she? etc) are interesting. This show needs to prove to me that is has more than just “case of the week” material with a over arcing mystery that is or isn’t very interesting.
    If I feel like this show is compelling (as I have with POI) and its mysteries are interesting and intrigue me, then I will be super pumped for the show. For now it is just a fun show that I will watch and have low expectations for.

11. lkh says:

Unique, interesting. We’ll see how it holds up over an entire season.

12. Temperance says:

The pilot was a Really solid start. Now, if they can convincingly give the remise legs over the next six episodes, I’ll be in.

13. James D says:

Coolio. I thoroughly enjoyed the pilot and am excited about the potential this show has.

14. Tracy says:

Can’t believe people are watching this! I couldn’t believe how bad it was and what a cliche!

• wrstlgirl says:

Well I guess everybody except you is just stupid right.

• Rob says:

No, I felt the same way. The pilot was good then I couldn’t even watch the entire second episode because this show reminds me of several other shows in the past. John Doe being one of them, John Doe which was on FOX back in 2002-2003, he comes back from the dead and has all the knowledge with him but he doesn’t remember who he is and he tries to recall new details about himself with every new episode. The skill sets are different (He has general knowledge while she is a soldier) but the premise is the same and another show that has a similar plot is “The Blacklist. The tattoos are clues just like Red’s knowledge of the criminal underworld and every week she takes down another bad guy from the knowledge from her Tattoos just like the task force on The Blacklist. Preventing another terrorist attack seems to be the only plot in every police show these days. Is there a time travel aspect to this show? That would be ridiculous because the tattoos seem to have information about future crimes. (Minority Report anyone?) I also have an issue with the technology used on the show. It is never realistic and Ashley Johnson who play the computer tech is too young for her job, add 10 years and then maybe.

• tvjunkie says:

Oh I get it, Real Housewives of wherever is more your speed.

15. Amy says:

Enjoying the show, but I’m hoping Sullivan Stapleton can breathe a little more life into his character. Weller seems a little too stiff right now.

16. jd prague says:

This show would probably be pretty good if I could watch it but for some reason every show and movie made these days has to use the shaky cam “technique”. I find it nauseating and unwatchable.

• Jack Lee says:

Totally agree about the shaky camera work. I watched the first 2 eps and loved it, then the shaky camera made me dizzy and unwatchable. Beside the shaky camera, a lot of big close-up, swing around from one person to another, zoom in and out all the time. Just made the show very bad to watch.