Heroes Reborn NBC

Ratings: Heroes Reborn Premiere On Par With Original's 2010 Finale

NBC’s Heroes Reborn premiered on Thursday to 6.1 million total viewers and a 2.0 rating (per finals), up in audience and matching the demo number for the original series’ February 2010 finale (4.4 mil/2.0).

The new Heroes also improved on NBC’s year-ago numbers c/o The Biggest Loser. TVLine readers gave the restart an average grade of “B.”

Previous Heroes premieres drew 14.3 million, 17 million, 10 million and 6 million viewers.

Leading out of that, The Player debuted to 4.9 mil/1.2 (and a “B” grade), falling shy of Parenthood‘s year-ago demo number (4.3 mil/1.4) but beating Allegiance‘s February bow (5 mil/1.1), which led out of an original Blacklist.

Elsewhere….

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (9.6 mil/2.8) fell shy of its previous premiere (10 mil/3.1) but trounced its May finale; ditto for Scandal (10.3 mil/3.3). How to Get Away With Murder (8.4 mil/2.6), however, returned down two tenths in the demo versus its freshman finale, hitting a series low.

CBS | Thursday Night Football amassed 15.8 mil/5.5 across its CNS and NFL Network runs, down 25 percent in the demo week-to-week.

FOX | A Scream Queens encore added 2 mil/0.7 to its launch numbers (4 mil/1.7).

1. DL says:

Was hoping The Player would do better. I really enjoyed it.

2. Erika says:

The Player is dead,so does Heroes Reborn(possibly?).

• Mr. Tran K says:

The Player isn’t dead just yet but it may do better in the coming weeks and I’m totally hooked on the action packed series.

3. Eric7740 says:

Way to go TGIT!!! HTGAWM was amazing last night, did not see that ending coming!!! Scandal was great!!! And Grey’s was okay.

4. Eddie says:

Good news. Solid for Heroes against the NFL and ABC. I enjoyed the premiere.

5. Elf says:

Considering the original Heroes’ ratings, had it not been cancelled it would be averaging about 700 viewers a week by now, and most of those viewers would be people who fell asleep or died watching whatever was on earlier. So coming back to six million or so is actually kind of impressive…

• Ellinas1978 says:

But those are the numbers they would have come back to if they had done a season right after. The finale was actually pretty good and word of mouth would have gotten them those numbers. For a reboot (or sort of I guess) those numbers are a disappointment.

6. Mr. Tran K says:

The Player should’ve had good numbers in its debut but wasn’t good enough against HTGAWM in the 10 pm Thursday night time slot. Hope the action series should do better in week 2 and Heroes Reborn will only get just one season but I don’t want another year to happened. Guess I’m totally done with ABC’s TGIT for the rest of my life and it’s going to be an NBC night for me on a Thursday night in which The Blacklist will return for its new season six days from now.

7. Missy Kelly says:

DVR #s aren’t in – bet they’re high. I watched it. It was really good.

8. Dean says:

Ouch for the player but considering it had HTGAWM and Football as competetion I’m not surprised it got trampled.

• Ellinas1978 says:

Player and Murder don’t really appeal to the same people.

• T.W.123 says:

Really? (That’s a sincere question, not a sarcastic one). I watched HTGAWM and DVR’d Player, but they both seem squarely in my wheelhouse. Are they appealing to two completely different demos and I was unaware? Is it because one is considered more male focused and one more female?

• Maryann says:

The Player and HTGAWM are both on my weekly list for the fall; so are both Scandal and The Blacklist.

9. Jason says:

If Hayden were in it, I bet the ratings would have been way higher. She’s so hott!

10. Boiler says:

With the Giants playing I would like to think the football drop is telling. Hopefully over saturation kills it. I look forward to Elementary coming back. I have nothing against HTGAWM but any thoughts why it did not premiere better. Can’t be football as they were up against it last year too

• Boiler says:

I also don’t get the Heroes numbers. Do people think it will be much better than last time or is NBC just trying to capitalize on the comic/fantasy thing

11. robandco says:

I will forever be amazed at shows like Grey’s Anatomy, in their 12th season, putting freshman shows to shame with its number. What a beast. I know it’s just the premiere and it can still crash but can I please laugh at the people that said they would rage quit watching the show?

12. Mrs Trank K says:

Prediction: The ratings continue to dip and HTGAWM is shockingly canceled at the end of season 2

• Coach Taylor says:

That would be unfortunate. For a 10pm show I feel as if that is a pretty good number and hope that is rises or stays the same next week. I feel like people are “talking about it” in a good way after the twist and turns. I do wonder how long a show like this can go on but am confident with a 15 show per season format it can extend the life of it

• c-mo says:

Nope. ABC will not cancel a Shonda show regardless of its ratings, especially a 9/10pm show.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Really don’t know how the new season of HTGAWM is going to fare in the coming weeks whether numbers are up or down on a weekly basis but don’t count out Elementary just yet when it returns November 5th.

13. Pati says:

Ohh no the player didn’t do so good, I need Phillip Winchester on my TV

14. m3rcnate says:

Didn’t like much on TV last night in regards to premiers. Heroes Reborn was alright, but it is most definitely not anything that I am looking forward to seeing every week. If i had to choose between twiddling my thumbs and watching it, i’ll watch it, but i’m honestly more pumped to watch the newest Dominion or The Last Ship than I am new Heroes.
    And The Player….they had a lot of potential because of the casting, I really love the guy from Strike Back and Daisy Betts is fantastic, if they could have created a show with them as the leads then consider me pumped. But right away they kill her (is she really dead? Where did her tattoo go?). I can’t handle all of the gambling puns, it doesn’t have a immersive world like Sons of Anarchy, Las Vegas, Parenthood, Justified, Parks & Rec…it just feels like a simple concept shot in Vegas with 4 characters (Cop, Strike Back guy, Blade, hyper uptight British chick). Color me unimpressed.

15. Ellinas1978 says:

Bad numbers for Heroes if it only managed to keep the die-hards that watched until the bitter end.

16. Ellinas1978 says:

Bye bye Player. The game was not a marquee matchup to have it as an excuse.

17. kmw says:

A little surprised about HTGAWTM’S numbers but TGIT rules again besides football. Not bad for Heroes Reborn especially considering what Biggest loser was doing

18. Terry says:

Heroes was boring and confusing. Probably lost viewers who would have stayed around to watch the Player.

19. Jim J. says:

Impressive that “Grey’s Anatomy” beat “How to Get Away with Murder” in the ratings last Thursday. Also, both “Grey’s”‘s and “HtGAwM”‘s demo ratings doubled “Castle”‘s terrible 1.2 demo rating from last Monday.

20. Carolyn says:

I don’ t think it’s totally fair to compare the ratings for Reborn to the original series debut. DVR viewing is much higher now than it was in 2006. And I’m assuming, that DVR viewing numbers are not included in the 6.1 million