Fall TV Preview
Vampire Diaries Season 7 Spoilers

Vampire Diaries Season 7: Who Is Bonnie's New Man? Kat Graham Eliminates One Potential Suitor

Consider this a premonition: The Vampire Diaries‘ seventh season, premiering Oct. 8 at 8/7c on The CW, is going to be the Year of Bonnie Bennett.

Not only is the show’s HWIC — that’s Head Witch in Charge — back from the ’90s and ready to go “full-throttle” on her enemies, but the unlucky-in-love character is also adding another notch to her bedpost.

“It really surprised me who they ended up putting Bonnie with, but I was super stoked,” Kat Graham tells TVLine of the big reveal, which she says happens via flash-forward in Episode 5. “It’s someone that everyone knows and loves, so it’s super fun.”

All Graham can confirm about her new on-screen love interest, much to my personal dismay, is that the man in question is not Matt Donovan.

“Matt’s a very nice guy, but I don’t know if the Bonnie that’s finally back — or the Bonnie that’s been hanging out with Damon Salvatore — is anything like the sweet Bonnie from Seasons 2 or 3 who would even be good for him,” Graham explains. “She gets involved in some crazy stuff, and even some dark stuff, this season. But I love that Matt is so beautifully human, and I like that they’ve always kept him human… even though Bonnie does something to him early on in the season that’s a little creepy and could go terribly awry. Other than that, they have a great relationship.”

No matter which Mystic Falls man she ends up with, though, it sounds like Bonnie can use all the allies she can get moving forward.

“There’s a lot of action happening this season,” she teases. “It’s very, very intense. I think the Elena situation put the characters in a very [desperate] position. … Bonnie’s not very sympathetic to a lot anymore because she lost Elena. She’s lost everyone but Caroline and her mom that she cared about, so she’s going into this season in a different mentality.”

All right, TVD fans, who do you want to see Bonnie with in Season 7? Drop a comment with your suitor of choice below.

1. LK says:

Interesting… someone everyone knows and loves implies a character we’ve seen before… and its not Matt… and Tyler is off the show… there are not that many returning male characters to choose from here… I think it would be kinda cool if they actually put her with Damon but I think thats unlikely… Alaric would be an odd choice too…

• El says:

It’s either Enzo or Alaric. I’m choosing to believe that the writers are too smart to pair her up with her former teacher & Elena’s father figure, so it’s probably the former.

• LK says:

I dont know if Enzo would be considered someone that everyone loves

• Sarah says:

He’s def not universally loved but really is anyone on TVD??? Every character has their haters + I’d say he’s still pretty popular???? People just – understandably!!! – hated his storyline last season.

My guess is Enzo – tho partly bc like El, idea of it being Ric makes me wanna vom, lol.

• Aimee says:

I’m actually glad it’s not Matt because I think that would be boring and there’s already a boring pairing on this show this season. It better not be Alaric that is gross and like someone else said it makes me want to vomit. It could be Tyler because they said he would be back this season. So I think it’s either Tyler or Enzo I guess those two are better than nothing. Poor Bonnie, I was hoping that they would bring an interesting and hot character in for her. So here’s to hoping she at least has an exciting storyline!

• Mia says:

Totally agree! Thank goodness it’s not Matt she was already with boring Jeremy. I want Bamon but guess I can wait if it means endgame Bamon. I was thinking Tyler as well because he’s suppose to be back sometime and she said Episode 5 so maybe?? Would rather have Enzo if it’s between those two….wasn’t he suppose to be after Lily though?
          Please Bamon fans don’t give up hope I believe this is only for a short time.

• If it’s Alaric, I may puke. He’s a father figure to them all. Ewwww. Also, Damon would be a ridiculous choice after the Elena drama. Totally negates his feelings for her if he immediately hooks up with her bestie.

• Vicky says:

I’m pretty sure you won’t be the only one who does if it’s Alaric. *gags*
          I wouldn’t want them to get together soon either it would feel too much like when de did that to Stefan and the whole sire bond thing. Who wants to relive that? Would like to see their relationship keep growing and hopefully turn romantic down the road. Bonnie makes him a much better person and she doesn’t put up with his crap unlike Elena.

• Terri Odessa says:

Lol yeah! Plus, Alaric just lost his babies and his wife, I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t go for Bonnie. Too much, too much.

• Ladyalchemy says:

Even though I really really want it to be Damon, I suspect it’s going to be Enzo. Which is silly because they have had no screen time together and he was already drooling after Caroline.

• tvd7 says:

I really want Bamon and also really wanted Carenzo. Did Bonnie and Enzo have any scenes? I could be wrong since I was all about Bamon last season. It’s funny the two couples with the most chemistry are the two they aren’t going with. smh

• tvd7 says:

forgot to say how if it is Enzo it will be to see how Damon reacts. This could be interesting if we get a jealous Damon.

• Mic says:

This could be a fun season if we get to see Enzo/Bonnie/Damon dynamic. I’m not sure Damon’s going to like someone moving in on his time with BonBon. Unless this happens while Damon is out of town like during one of the time lines.

• Sick-and-tired says:

If it’s not Damon, I don’t care. They have been piling way too many dead boyfriends-love interest-stalkers just so that Bonnie and Damon can never have a change. Enough is enough!

2. Belle says:

It’s Damon for sure!!

• Sarah says:

I’m guessing they’ll go with Bamon in time but think it’s prob too soon for them to do it yet??? Figure they’ll give him some ONSs + Bonnie a new love interest 1st + hold on a while to do Bamon.

• Aimee says:

Yeah I think this is the way the writers will go too. Really, Damon needs to get his act together first so I think the first half of S7 will probably focus on that and fighting the heretics of course.

• Sick-and-tired says:

It’s been 6 season and counting to put Damon and Bonnie together. Even The Last Man on Earth knew better than to force apart their antagonistic couple. If Damon and Bonnie don’t happen the first half of this season then it’ll never happen, so I may as well not go back watching.

• french5851 says:

I agree, there was a huge set up all last season.

• Yes! I think it’s Damon as well.

3. Sarah_ says:

So with Matt out of the picture and I’m pretty sure she’s not going to be with Damon, Alaric or Stefan who is left to pick? Is it Enzo?
    Seems like the only choice left lol
    Did they even have any scenes together last season? Well I hope they know what they are doing but I’m actually excited for this season..seems like is going to be better than the recent ones.

4. Rinti says:

I think is Enzo, and i would love that

5. ashley says:

must be alaric

• Sick-and-tired says:

It’s Alaric: it has to be someone Damon would never cross and/or whose girlfriend he has never slept with. This way they’ll keep Bonnie and Damon apart until the end of the show. That’s it, I’m done with TVD

6. silverpetticoatreview says:

If it can’t be Damon (though I don’t know why they won’t take some great material from the books including them) then I’m hoping for Alaric.

• Sarah says:

I def think they ARE gonna go there with Bamon – but like with Steroline they’ll take their time!!!! Steroline hints 1st started S4 but Steroline didn’t happen til S6 – Bamon 1st hints in S6, it’ll prob take them until S8 to ‘go there’.

7. Nat says:

Enzo probably. I’m excited for “The Year of Bonnie”, hopefully it mean better stories, Bennett reunions and hot sexy times!

8. Skittles&Bits says:

Bamon is possibly the only thing that would bring me back to this HAM of a show. Kat and Ian have great chemistry and we’d finally go beyond the Damon moping over Elena blood-fueled temper tantrums of the past.

• Mia says:

Yes Kat and Ian do have great chemistry and it’d be crazy if they didn’t utilize that. but I don’t think they will go down that road at first. It will probably be at the end of this season or beginning of next.

9. Shakira says:

Damon. Damon. And Damon. Plz let it be Damon. I have a feeling it is going to be Enzo, but I am hoping it is Damon.

• Bella says:

Okay I have to agree totally with this reply although I don’t think it will happen this season unfortunately. I’d love to see a Bamon pairing

10. Miabqueen says:

I want her with Damon or Kai. It really should be Damon, but I will tolerate Kai and even Enzo. It should be Damon though. They’re written as soul mates and if anyone can’t see that they’re blind .

11. Gilded Lady says:

Hmm. Matt, Tyler, Jeremy are definitely out. Damon is presumably out (though I wish he weren’t) as is Stefan since Steroline. That leaves Alaric and Enzo.

I can’t see Alaric because of the former student and his past lovers being much closer in age.

Enzo might be interesting, depending on how it’s set up? I’m curious to see!

12. Eewa SH says:

So, it isn’t Matt, it’s not going to be Damon (Caroline Dries revealed this on the Comic Con), Enzo is very unlikely ——-> it’s Alaric.

• jas says:

trust me it’s enzo. Michael malarkey gave a spoiler about enzo’s flash forwards revealing his love interest and this article says the same thing for bonnie.

• Eewa SH says:

Really? I just can’t imagine Bonnie with a vampire, but who knows?

• jas says:

really :/ ?? Most of the people she loves and cares for are vampires though. Bonnie’s grown a lot since her anti vamp days. I wish these writers had their priorities straight because they didn’t really show her transition into tolerating then becoming allies and friends with them(salvs).

I definitely think she’s suspicious and cautious of them but I think she’s definitely let go of that mentality that AALL vampires are evil. Yea we’ve never seen her in a relationship with a vampire before but i can see it happening now more than ever.

13. Shannon says:

Yes thank you finally spoilers about Bonnie ! The Year of Bonnie Bennett you said ? YES I’m here for it !!
    Great it’s not Matt, now fingers crossed it’s not Alaric or I will vomit

14. Michelle says:

Damon all the way. But I’m pretty sure it won’t be him but I love Kat for not canceling him out. I’m here for an eventual Bamon love story

15. PiperBlue says:

I’m definitely here for the “Year of Bonnie Bennett” and would love for the new LI to be Damon!!! I can’t wait to see what this season has in store!!! : )

16. Angus says:

Me thinks this will be the last season for TVD. The main character is gone, it’s gonna be 22 epi’s of bitch slapping and cat fights. Kill it now while it still has a modicum of respect

17. Fatima says:

It has to be Kia!! There on screen chemistry was the bomb😂❤️Like in every show this happens-the most characters that hate each other always end up together like #Delena😭❤️It’s gonna be #Konnie😏❤️

• Sarah says:

But he’s dead + the actor’s on another show????

• Rinti says:

I don’t think so, kai is dead and the actor is on another show

• Kelly says:

They brought Klaus’ mom back in the Originals with a spell Davina did, so yes the Heretics could’ve gotten his body and did that same spell to bring him back. Plus he probably have the time since he’s in Atlanta, where TVD is filmed, and his show isn’t airing 4 a full season. Most new show start with only 13 episodes.

• Kelly says:

You should come back just to support Kat/Bonnie! I’m pretty sure that TVD would be cancelled if all Bamon fans stopped watching. This job is paying for Kat to be able to do a lot of other things outside of TVD. So lets just keep supporting her and all her GirlPowerFights!!

18. Claire says:

Ideally, I’d want it to be Damon considering how much the two of them have both gone through and grown as characters together, but I have a sneaking suspicion it might be Enzo. Either way, I’m super excited to see Bonnie continue to be a BAMF HWIC <3

19. darwinquark says:

I will FOREVER hope for a Bamon endgame, since those dorks are complete soulmates, but I know it’s probably too soon to do that now so the only temporary love interest I could get behind for her is Enzo. He brings in a similar chemistry, and I always loved that scene when he told her he’d never stop fighting for his life, and that the only time he’d accept death was when he was dead. I feel like Bonnie really needed to hear that, and can relate a lot with that now. So Bonenzo for now, but Bamon forever :) If it’s Ric you will literally hear the click of EVERY Bonnie fan turning their TV off and rage!quitting the show. Just, you know, an FYI.

20. Sarah says:

Just had a thought – could it be Tyler??? He’s not a regular anymore – but they could have him guest for a couple of eps like they said they would. Tbh not a fan of this idea – rooting for Bonenzo for now, Bamon in longterm – but guess it’s another possibility???

21. BPark07 says:

I hate to say it but the only person left that Bonnie could be with is Alaric. Ew. Think about it. Its not Stefan or Matt, Enzo is probably going to have a thing with Momma Salvatore, and I’m almost positive they won’t put her with Damon so soon…

22. Beba says:

I just read Malarkey’s interview from E as well as Kat’s so I’m guessing Bonnie and Enzo are a go in the flash forward, Kat already reviled that she and Michael are working together this season. I’m mean it make sense that they could grow closer once Enzo picks to be on Damon’s team instead of Lily’s

23. Kelly says:

I’m hoping for Bamon since it is a Flash-Forward, so Damon would’ve had time to get over Elena not being around. But if they don’t go that route Kai or Enzo would do until Bamon happens. I did notice a little eye sex between Enzo and Bonnie in those last few season 6 episodes. However I prefer Kai over Enzo just because their Chemistry was off the charts, and this is coming from a die hard Bamon fan since season 1.

24. Lilly says:

I was hoping in Julian… Alaric NO NO NO Please and so Enzo and Matt too boring….

25. Bamon are soulmates but it will be too soon for them to be together so for now I can settle with Enzo !

26. brandydanforth81 says:

It’s not Jeremy or Tyler-they’ve leftt,it’s not Damon (he’s gonna spend the next 60 years pining & waiting for Elena)Kat says its not Matt & Stetoline sadly will be together so Alaric or Enzo.If I had to settle I’d pick Enzo-Alaric s still grieving and probably reverting to being s3 drunk self plus he was her teacher be creppy & gross.Delena are probably sadly endgame( I bet Nina comes back for the series finale) so I doubt Bamon ever happens.

27. Yeika says:

As long as this “new” guy is not Damon, I am ok with it

28. tacocar says:

It won’t be Damin. Julie has already stated that. Not since they built up Delelna so much. Damin and Bonnie are best friends. And basically the only Bonnie will sympathize with. Especially since season 2 Damin would of killed Bonnie to get Rlena back. Bonnie will want Damon to fight for Elelna to have a home to wake up to.

• Brooklynn says:

Most people understand Bamon won’t happen right away and most likely not come to fruition until next season. You have to realize that at every con and interview Plec and Co say things are going to be a certain way whether it’s intentional or not but then things change. So just like you don’t want Bamon fans to get their hopes up the De fan’s shouldn’t either. This show changes on a whim and we all are just here for the ride. Who even knows for certain if Nina will come back? Heck even Nina doesn’t know for sure, there are a lot of things that can change between the time Nina commented about coming back and when the show ends.

29. bigeasygrl says:

I think it’s gonna be Enzo too for now setting up for hints of Bamon at the end of the season. Poor Damon. He’s not gonna like having to share Bonnie’s time and attention with Enzo. Heeee…

• Maria says:

That’s what I think too! LOL I’m going to love seeing how Damon handles Bonnie’s new love life!! Bamon forever!

• hereforit says:

What is the next best thing after Bamon? a jealous Damon! I’m here for seeing him getting jealous over how Bonnie spends her nights….and/or days! HA,HA

30. brandydanforth81 says:

Omg Bamon shippers are annoying,as bad as Klaroline shippers.Kat or Ian said Damon is Bonnie’s BEST FrIEND!!Best Friend not romantic interest.Damon has been with two of her friends -Caroline,Elena-so it’s weird ,gross,icky to keep sharing.Julie Plec said at CCDamon will be working to wake Elena up-Damon is in love with Elena and Delena is probablyv endgame.-Anyway,VD has already done the BFF turns to lovers thing with Stetoline ,why recycle that with Bamon?

• Rinti says:

i agree with you on everything

• WOW says:

Lol I think you’ve proven who the annoying shipper is. It sounds like you’re a little too worried and acting liking a two year old who is afraid they aren’t going to get what they want. This show is like, as Julie Plec said in her own words, a soap opera. It’s funny that only now people are complaining about how incestual the show is when that’s what it was built on! Why is it that the same people complaining about it now didn’t have this problem with Stefan/Elena/Damon? Where were the outcries about sharing then? Not to mention Damon had already been with Caroline and Elena’s birth MOTHER. It can’t be any more gross and icky than that! The hypocrisy is too much.

• Mic says:

Could not agree more. If you’re not wanting to watch them ‘sharing’ then this is certainly the wrong show for you! If you didn’t get that by season 1 then you weren’t watching TVD. LMAO
        IMO they put the wrong friends together it should be Bamon not Steroline. S/C don’t have chemistry D/B do. S/C had a much better friendship that should’ve just stayed friends.

31. Ann says:

Bamon…I totally want Bamon. And I was always for Elena/Damon but then Season 6 happened and I realized I was enjoying Bonnie and Damon together on screen more than Elena/Damon. Oddest thing cause I never read the books and never considered it before but Ian and Kat fit so well together on screen. It just makes sense for Bonnie and Damon to have their run then when she kicks the can and Elena wakes then all the Delena folks can be happy when ND comes back for $2 million to film one episode lol.But if the flash forwards are 3 years in the future then that is unsettling to think of Bonnie and Enzo for 3 years. I think I prefer Tyler for Bonnie but Enzo not bad. Matt…good choice ruling him out he has no magical powers he could not handle her witch power ;) Alaric ewww ewww ewwwww I could not take that. eww. But no matter what happens….YAY NO MORE ELENA/STEFFAN/DAMON Tri-fecta of despair on the screen!!! Come on season 7!!

32. SSK says:

I would love for Enzo to be paired with Bonnie. He is very sarcastic. Reminds me of Kai.
    Bonnie and Enzo will be refreshing to watch……………

33. Kali says:

when I read “the Year of Bonnie Bennett” I got SUPER excited! She is my favorite character from the show and I’m looking forward to seeing her shine this season.
    I’m not going to lie, I totally want her LI to be Damon lol but I don’t want it to be rushed, so I’m all for some Bonnie/Enzo action before I get my Bamon.
    As for the possibility of it being Alaric: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

34. Ang says:

No Bamon – keep them as friends. Eventually he will be reuited with Elena – who he should be with!

• Georgie says:

Ugh no not Delcoffin, they are so dull and annoying and Damon’s character was ruined by being with Elena. Thanks to Nina Delcoffin is gone and we can have the real Damon Salvator back.

35. Benzo says:

Since season 5 I think Bonnie-Enzo….
    So now Jer is out of picure…you know…

36. Emily says:

i think it would be good if bonnie dated damon and they had a lesbian/gay couple on the show

37. Daisylinda gomes says:

Plot twist kai comes back and ends up with bonnie … If i had 2 choose between alaric, enzo or even tyler i would pick enzo yes they did only have like 2 or 3 small scenes together byt maybe now that bonnie changed into i guess a darker bonnie she could end up with enzo ??, Alaric would be weird and tyler hmm i dont know about that either but if bamon or bonkai is happening this season im gonna cry of happieness

38. RoseK says:

Finding out who Bonnie ends up with is motivating me more to watch season 7. From cutting all the guys down Enzo seems to be the most sensible options. I don’t see Bonnie being with a vampire.

39. Kaya says:

After six years, I’m once again really excited to see Bamon not happen. I don’t really get why people ship Damon, this manpain suffering infant and serial rapist, with anyone. Damon should never have been turned into a romantic male lead in the first place. I also don’t get why any fan of Bonnie would want her with someone to whom she’ll never be first choice. Bonnie deserves far better than to be Damon’s way of passing time and the object of his dreams in which he imagines her dying in various ways just so he’ll get his sleeping girlfriend back.

I hope they’ll *finally* do right by Bonnie and actually give her a worthy love interest, someone who adores her, someone fun and interesting on his own. Bonnie deserves a passionate epic love story and I want her to have some fun.

• Never again says:

After 4 years I moved on to Sleepy Hollow, at least there it IS happening. So long TVD! You cheated me of Damon & Bonnie far too many times.

40. Chrissy says:

The only love interest I’d be interested in for Bonnie is the one they decapitated, lol. I hope Kai finds his head, reattaches it and comes back with his post-merge/pre-finale personality. But unlikely, I realize that. I just hope they finally give Bonnie a good love interest and that they don’t destroy it, but with these writers… Not exactly the best track record.

But if Kat’s excited, then good for her. She’s so stunning, she deserves so much more!

41. Brit says:

I can put up with Enzo for a bit but Bamon IS endgame. NOOO to Alaric. Just NO!!

42. Brittany says:

Ugh I hope it’s not Enzo. Bonnie already has Damon now they want to give her Enzo too. I’m sick of that ho.

43. sarah says:

I WANT BAMON!!!!

44. eva575 says:

I think it’s Enzo because alaric is still morning and Damon is the same as alaric if it’s Enzo that be cool

45. Robyn says:

I would really like to see Bonnie and Damon together. They really do have chemistry, but my very strong suspicion is that it is Enzo and he really would make for an interesting choice. And hopefully Damon will become jealous and really Nina has moved on.

46. Please please let bamon be endgame and pls pls no alaric anyone but alaric!!

47. I mean what happened to the whole bonnie being a lesbian thing! I mean im the last person to want that to happen, but anything is better than her being with alaric!

48. Im just glad its the season of bonnie bennett!! 😍😍 Now all I hope is that 1. Bamon becomes endgame and 2. Bonnie, damon, enzo head out to new orleans the originals hint hint crossover for some amazing action and thats it thats all i want and for bonnie to have a love interest and for damon to get jealous and have elena completely gone!!

49. Mercie says:

“Someone everyone knows and loves”? Hmmm that’s gat to be Damon ofcus!…. Tyler s out of the picture and I dnt think Enzo is loved by everyone though we all know him….. Damon all d way, looking forward to Bamon in action, can’t wait!-.-

50. Diana Calvert says:

Bonnie and Alaric have no chemistry at all and it would be too weird anyway. She needs a boyfriend, not a father figure. Bonnie hasn’t had much to do with Enzo so there would be a lot of work to do to make them a believable pair. It’s true that Bonnie and Damon have chemistry but how can he jump into a serious relationship with his “sleeping” girlfriend’s BFF? Some people say not right away, but later on. But how could it ever be more than friends with benefits? Who would ever believe Damon is in love with her? I know Elena told him to live his life and be happy, but when she wakes up what would she think? What’s going to be different in Season 8 or even Season 10 in the unlikely event the show runs that long? And Kai and Bonnie hate each other with a passion and anyway he’s as dead as anyone can possibly be on TVD. So I guess it’s Enzo, but they’ll have to convince me. Their pairing just doesn’t feel right to me. Although we know Enzo do we all love him? I’m wracking my brain trying to remember someone appropriate from the show’s earlier seasons who could turn up again but I’m drawing a blank. I think I won’t make any prediction and wait for Season 7 to start. I always guess wrong anyway! LOL