Fall TV Predictions Grey's Arrow Once

Fall TV Predictions: First Cancellation, Mer's New Grey's Love, a Once Return, Super Bang, Chicago Gaga and More

We at TVLine have diligently spent the past several months telling you what will happen when new 2015-16 season gets underway.

But what about what might?

It’s Fall TV Prediction time, keeping in mind that the last time we did this, we wound up with a 30 percent “success” rate. So out of our predictions below — spanning 30 shows, from A(rrow) to iZ(ombie) — which nine or so are most likely to pan out?

Scroll through the gallery below (or click here for direct access) to view our forecasts for Meredith Grey, the Sleepy/Bones mash-up, the first cancellation/renewal and more, then weigh in with your own predictions.

1. “Donal Logue will part ways with the series by the end of Season 2.” why? Bullock is Robin to Gordon’s Batman.

• “Despite being billed as a “limited series,” decent ratings and renewed creative strength will earn [Heroes] a second season.” That would be awesome.

• “After much speculation and pleading (by fans), Jeffrey Dean Morgan will slip away from The Good Wife to return as John for a multi-episode arc.” That would be cool as well.

• libkat says:

From TVLine’s mouth to God’s ear. Who will be played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the show. I mean the 2 boys were the meat suits for archangels, right?

• Delirious says:

Really curious how they’ll make it work, considering Bullock is such a lengthy character as a member of the GCPD in the comics – and never left the PD iirc?

Hoping for success for Heroes Reborn, too.

Also, am I the only one almost disappointed by the Supergirl pilot? I mean, everyone’s raving about it, and whoever wrote #22 of 30 mentions it’ll be insta-renewed after breaking the ratings, but I honestly feel it’s the most bland of the current DCTV franchises… After said pilot, at least. Maybe it’ll blow up in subsequent episodes, but the episode left me quite “meh”.

• Josh says:

with a good supporting cast it does have a chance, however i dont think it will recieve instant renewal, in fact i think at best it will be a show on the bubble come renewal time, recieiving a renewal due only to the fact that CBS wants to keep a superhero show in the mix on their station

• No, you are not. It’s a lame ripoff of Superman.

• ScottJ says:

The character has been around since 1959. While your ripoff comment could apply to the comic origins, since we don’t have a Superman TV show it can’t be a ripoff as there’s nothing for it be a ripoff of. Even though practically every show now is a ripoff of something else.

• The Supergirl in this show is not like the one from the comics. She is Clark Kent in every way. Her supporting characters and foes are HIS supporting characters and foes transplanted to her series.

• bg says:

IMO. First to get cancelled.
      Best Time Ever
      Dr. Ken
      The Muppets
      Nashville
      Empire
      Scream Queens

• H. Stark says:

Not Donal!! He’s one of the best parts of Gotham!

• JM says:

Why is right. Bullock must stay!!!!

• If Donal Logue leaves after Season 2 of BATMAN(which I doubt very much) and Law & Order SVU doesn’t make an all out push to bring him back, then NBC will continue to be the WORST TV network. Since I don’t think Logue is going anywhere, NBC will show us how pathetic they are in some other way.

2. Nick says:

If you have to be wrong about one of them, it has to be Gotham. I’m not sure that I can keep watching without Donal Logue.

3. Romane says:

For OUAT : I like MRJ and Neal but he’s too busy and 5A is nearly finished (the filming) and already quite filled. I don’t think he’ll return even as a ghost at that time. Maybe ghosts of the past can haunt them in 5B tho :) (in that case I’m torn because MRJ is awesome but I prefer young Bae)

• Isa says:

Yeah, even tho he finish filming his new tv show in middle November from what i heard, but even then, i saw some fans more familiar with MRJ work, that sometime ago, when he left True Blood he appeared in some episodes as ghost or vision and in flashbacks, and at certain point the fans wanted him back and he said he is not fan of going back at shows as ghost/vision and for a falshback that only adds more questions, than the ones they answer. And we all know Neal wont be back.Not to mention that his show is in another network, meaning NBC may not be very happy with seing a actor that must be promoting their show, being in another show in another network, when he should be focus on teh show where he is main character, and we all know how this work, if he was to make a ouat cameo, that we would see only on S5B, and at the same time his show was airing, the media would want to know about the cameo than his show. About young Bae, appears actor is in a tv in canada and also he as now 16/17 so to old to play young Bae, not to mention, young Bae never meet Emma, so having a Teen helping a dark one Emma would be very creepy and weird.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

How come we haven’t predict on any of its returning favorites to get a proper final season? Person of Interest should be #1 on the list when the series comes back mid-season.

5. msemmyjones says:

I’m pretty sure they already said the new guy will definitely NOT be a new love interest for Meredith.

6. spindae2 says:

I really hope VD gets another season! They really seem to have find some new inspiration with the Heretics.
    Oliver almost marrying someone else!? O.o The thing is we don’t know whom Elysia is playing! Would be stunned if she is stepping in for the actress who played Oliver’s baby mommy in S02 and S03.
    Grey’s prediction ? Really? That one was really obvious! My guess is that the new guy is a candidate for Chief of Surgery and will steal it from Bailey.

7. Drew says:

I have to disagree about Gotham. Part of the series has to be watching Gordon climb the ladder while older, more experienced people watch and either fall in line behind him or fail.
    Bullock is a big character on the show and in the Batman universe. He plays both sides of the power struggle in a way that the show needs. I don’t see him going anywhere.

8. A-C says:

I agree with the predictions for Gotham, Blood & Oil, Supernatural and TVD. I do think the curiosity of how they’ll manage to merge the universes of Bones and Sleepy Hollow will boost ratings for the crossover. I think the one for The Blacklist is interesting and possible. I don’t think Grey’s is heading this way though.

• MyFairLady says:

I really want Blood and Oil to succeed and get a renewal..I like Chace
      I hope The Blacklist prediction is wrong. Tom Keen is one of the more interesting characters on the show along with Liz and Red.

• prish says:

We miss Nash Bridges, and we hope this Don Johnson character will be a winner, too. I agree with you that Tom Keen has proven a fun character.

9. Gail says:

I predict TVline will start their Fall 2016 renewal chart by October 1, 2015.

10. johnhelvete says:

I think the first cancellation will be a comedy. Red Band Society was the first drama pulled last season and that made it to episode 10. I would predict either Truth be Told or Dr Ken but they both air on Fridays and shows can usually get away with lower ratings on Friday.

Not really a bold prediction with Heroes considering limited series at least defined by network TV does not mean one and done.

11. Deb says:

I hope you’re wrong about Grey’s. I think you’re right about Blood & Oil. Also,you misspelled Brooklyn Nine-Nine(you have it as Brookyln.)

12. Josh says:

I think Donal logue will leave the series upon its cancelation due to its already confounded plot line which just seems to be getting worse wi the addition of a bunch more villains, overpopulated and underused characters and storylines will be the true demise of this show and in a time when super hero shows run wild Gotham just doesn’t seem to be good enough to stay in the fray, as for mr logue I think he is due for a reprisal on law and order Svu

• prish says:

Hasn’t the whole Batman universe always been filled with weird, over the top, villains, from its first days? Longue’s character provides normalcy, and if he gets a more important acting job, they can create another character for that. I hope he stays, since he is so good. I loved him in Terriers and Life.

13. Eran says:

Re: Jane the Virgin, just putting it out there because the show already has too, in some offhand comment made: I am no expert in female anatomy but unless Jane has had the baby via c-section which I’m sure she didn’t if memory serves, then how on Earth could she still be a virgin (physiologically at least)???

• Marco says:

The show intends ‘virgin’ as ‘woman who hasn’t had sex’, so that wouldn’t count as ‘devirgination’.

• LaShawna says:

I assume you are referring to a hymen. You are a virgin if you have not had sex before, not if your hymen is still intact. Lots of women lose that when they are younger just due to (nonsexual) physical activity, and some never had one to begin with, but they are still considered virgins.

14. Mr. Tran K says:

Here’s my predictions on the five new shows that should (not will) get canceled and the five new shows that may get a full season order: canceled – Rosewood, Truth Be Told, Blood & Oil, Dr. Ken and Minority Report. Full season order – Quantico, Blindspot, The Muppets, The Grinder and The Player. Possible cancellation: Life in Pieces (if only 2 Broke Girls takes over the 8:30 pm time slot with a TBBT lead-in). Possible full season order: Supergirl.

• Boiler says:

Would love to see 2 Broke Girls after Big Bang. Then on to Scorpion. Great night

• Mr. Tran K says:

Perhaps you’re wondering if 2 Broke Girls should move to Thursdays after TBBT when football is done then Mom and Angel From Hell but I think Jane Lynch’s new sitcom which debuts November 5th should get at least four episodes tops then it’s going to be a toss-up between Mike & Molly and The Odd Couple to see which sitcom takes over the 9:30 pm Thursday night time slot.

15. kirads09 says:

Really hope you are wrong about 2 specifically:

Blacklist. I love him as Tom Keen and think he could be crucial to saving both Liz and Red as they are on the lam.

Gotham: Donal Logue is so great in his role. I hope he remains as Gordon’s partner for a long time to come.

16. KMG says:

I agree with most of these predictions, except for Scream Queens. I think it will have huge ratings week 1, but drop by 20% or more on week 2. I think it will be one the bubble when renewal time comes around. And if it does get a Season 2, I predict that it will be next year’s “True Detective”, with everyone talking about how much better Season 1 was.

17. Stephon JS says:

Im so down for the Neal prediction on OUAT.
    Yep someone will die or leave on Empire.

18. M says:

Pretty big predictions! I like it!

19. GildedRose says:

Some great predictions in here.

Arrow: Wouldn’t surprise me at all given what they seem to be doing with Oliver and Felicity in the present. This should be really fun.

Bones/Sleepy Hollow crossover? Yeah. I’d watch that.

Brooklynn Nine-Nine: Ugh! NO! No love triangles. Just say no!

20. V Rious says:

I do not like Neal. He was the least likeable the character on the show! Plot device.

• M says:

Agreed. His sole purpose was to explain Emma’s walls and drive Rumple’s pain, by 3b they had no other reason for keeping him around so they killed him off, and Adam and Eddy have confirmed six ways from Sunday that Neal ain’t comin’ back ever. Basically they included him on this list in order to click bait his tiny but loud fanbase.

• nelly says:

So if Neal has a tiny fanbase why would they bait? if his fans mean nothing. Also appears that the tiny fanbase got him last year in the 5 most missed characters in tv last year on people choice awards. Also ,the actor wont be back, probably to avoid dealing with the “amazing” and “friendly” people that exist on ouat fandom.

• jerrired says:

Everything Nelly said. Some people live to hate on Neal/MRJ, it just makes me want him to appear on the show more to annoy those fans that insist on hating. The haters got their way with him dying, they should just let us fans that did like him have our hope. Geez. That being said, I would love to see Neal back, just don’t think it is possible with the NBC-ABC thing.

21. Michelle says:

If Donal Logue leaves Gotham can we please get him back on L&O SVU, love his stint on it last season.

Also I hope Hetty does head slap DiNozzo on NCIS:LA, it’ll make a change from a Gibbs head slap & I would love to see Tony get cheeky with Hetty to see how she reacts.

• Larc says:

DiNozzo won’t know Hetty well enough at the start to be scared of her. But he’ll learn.

• Michelle says:

By the end of his visit he’ll be begging to go home & appreciate how good he has it with Gibbs lol. I’m hoping we get another NCIS/NCIS LA crossover this season & that we get Hetty & Gibbs in the same building during it.

22. Ally Oop says:

My predictions of the new shows’ ratings rank from top to bottom:
    Quantico
    Rosewood
    Life in Pieces
    My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
    Dr. Ken
    Truth be Told

• Shaun says:

missed a few like Lucifer etc

• KC says:

I see Supergirl at the bottom!

• Chris says:

Highest ratings for Quantico?

• Mr. Tran K says:

Wonder if Quantico is going to be one of the candidates as the first new show of the Fall TV season to get a full season order.

• Quantico and Blindspot both up against football. Did love Blindspot so fingers crossed. The Muppets will win the ratings.
      Cancelled
      Renewed
      The Muppets
      Blindspot
      Supergirl
      Grandfathered

• Mr. Tran K says:

Disagree on a few predictions: Wicked City should get canceled and the 10 pm Tuesday night time slot remains a “black hole” for ABC if only they prove me wrong about Forever. Grandfathered is my pick “on the bubble” even though it’s going up against NCIS, The Flash, Muppets and The Voice in the 8 pm Tuesday night time slot but it’s going to be tough for the John Stamos led sitcom to survive and Quantico should get renewed in my opinion.

• I got a few wrong over the years and both times from ABC. Wicked City like AHS has potential to garner itself a great fan base. I myself am uninterested. Quantico doesn’t have that going for it.. Grandfathered is my favorite premise of the fall. So that is my wishful thinking getting the better of me. It does have a tough road..

• Arvin says:

Quantico despite its quality have awful lead-in and an awful timeslot. If Blood and Oil bombs it’ll, Quantico will have to self start.

• Arvin says:

Hahaha Quantico? Awful lead-in and timeslot. Unpopular cast(in US). Lead with a heavy accent.

23. T says:

Arrow – I don’t think they’d have Oliver almost walk down the aisle with flashback girl after they’ve already had Oliver “marry” Nyssa, and have Oliver almost-proposing to Felicity in 4×01. That seems a bit much, even for the Arrow writers.

24. Chris says:

This is awesome. Did you do this last year? If so, can I have a link, please?

25. Josh says:

perhaps the better OUAT season 5 prediction would be about the LGBT relationship the are speculating, many people are saying it will be Mulan and Aurora, but i think they shot that down already and have no plans to pick it back up, instead i think her and another BRAVE soul may share some storyline together this season, however this is if and only if this storlyine doesnt go the same way as ruby and dr. whales did way back when in season 2

26. Josh says:

hoping to still see a strong presence from nyssa this season on arrow, not only does she make some pretty hard to sit thru scenes with laurel tolerable but she has excellent chemistry with a lot of the other charaters

• T says:

Katrina Law was cast in a pilot for ABC Family recently, and if that gets picked up I’m not sure how much we’ll be seeing of Nyssa. Personally, I think Katrina Law deserves to be the lead of a show, not a small, supporting character like she is on Arrow.

27. Josh says:

i agree that if this first 13 episodes of heroes reborn is good enough it will get a renewal, however lets hope our friend Tim Kring learned his lesson about over populating storylines and losing focus on the charaters he spent so much time building up, also lets hope zachary levis character does not make it to season 2, him as a villian is down right laughable.

28. Boiler says:

Hope you are right on Blood and Oil. They should have just taken Dallas when TNT cancelled it. Think Heroes will bomb. May be premature to think Jane will be back when ratings in the cancelled HoD territory already but I am always flabbergasted at CW( and TNT). Don’t know what I think of Supergirl. Nothing really against it but someday this genre may be oversaturated.

29. Gaby says:

Don’t you dare get my hopes up for Beckett in a motorcycle. I’ve been waiting for this for YEARS!!!

30. Heathers says:

Donal Logue deserves so much better than that crapfest. Maybe FX could bring back Terriers? Wishful thinking! The View is never going to get cancelled. They love all of the left wing nutjobs’ drama.

31. Val says:

NO thanks to Neal. What the hell is going to do? he mocked her , he was insensitive, he died using dark magic and was dead man walking, and i dont believe this he died for the town and is some hero – HE WAS ALREADY DEAD in his dads body.

32. kmw says:

Bones Sleepy Hollow getting highest ratings they have seen in a year? Not likely I love Bones but I do not think this will move ratings very far. Not only because of what they are up against but this idea is mostly getting mixed reviews. I myself will watch but saying they will get a much bigger lift will not happen

33. I hope the the #Supernatural prediction is one of the 30%. Love me some JDM and it would be great to see him and Jensen Ackles together on screen again.

34. herman1959 says:

Tom Keene has been on the Blacklist too long already.The character should have been dropped after the first season because it has taken the show Way off course.

35. Josh says:

life in pieces and grandfathered are defnitly contendesr for first cancled comedy bringing a midseason hold off back up to the plate sooner than anticipated, as far a drama goes Rosewood is looking good for first cancellation. and while some others may survive with full season orders

36. Ron says:

PLEASE OH PLEASE TO THAT LAST ONE!!!! Yes, NBC/The Voice, there can be two female coaches at a time. And yes NBC/The Voice, Adam NEEDS to take a (bit of a prolonged) break!

37. Jared says:

I’m actually kind of shocked that TVLine predicts Blood and Oil as Falls first cancellation. I feel like that’s one of the only series I’ve seen advertised all over the place.

38. Nicole says:

Nothing better happen to Wu on Grimm! Favourite character hands down.

39. EM says:

Meredith Grey won’t even be thinking about a relationship/hookup until the fall finale. It might be a year since DS died but fans know its only been a few months and are not ready.

40. Angela says:

I wouldn’t be entirely surprised by a Wes and Annalise hookup. And yet, the idea would have me squirming soooooooooo much. That would be…interesting, to say the very least.
    As for “Sleepy Hollow”, your predictions for the crossover give me hope (mind, high ratings don’t mean it’ll be good, it’ll just mean that lots of people will tune in, but still…I still like to think the episode will work). And I could see Jenny and Joe getting together.

41. Ryaan says:

Bye Tom Keen? I hope it’s true.

42. davido says:

Tom Keen needed to die at the end of S1. Stop offending the viewers’ intelligence and kill him already. Good riddance, the most annoying character ever to overstay.

43. Joe says:

First to be cancelled? Somebody forgot about the muppets.

44. jerrired says:

All these predictions seem very likely, and things i didn’t think of but now I hope quite a few of them happen. Here are my add ons. I think Scream Queen will do very well ratings wise. For awhile, it will be one of Fox’s new hit-shows. However, by season 2 the ratings will slip a lot. I think the Vampire Diaries will either have it’s biggest premiere ever (people tuning in to see how the show works without Nina), or its worst premiere ratings ever, people sticking to their promise of tuning out. The renewal will only happen if it remains as one of the CW’s top five shows, which is likely. But if it does get renewed, more cast members will leave the show (probably Kat and/or Paul) before season 8 even gets into the planning phases. Not really a fall prediction but if Containment (since won’t happen until winter) gets canceled, TVD will resurrect Kai (might even do it even if Containments get renewed, just in flashbacks or something). Blaine and Liz WILL NOT HAPPEN. At least I hope not. People compared them a lot to Spike-Buffy/Veronica-Logan but I don’t see chemistry there romantically. But we’ll see. The majority of ABC’s and NBC’s new shows get canceled, but most of CBS’s shows (minus Life in Pieces and their other comedies) gets renewed. 70-90 percent of the new network comedies get canceled. Basically all except Grindr and Grandfathered. I think the Bones and Sleepy Hollow one is most likely to happen.

45. mooshki says:

I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Lucious kicked the bucket. Terrence Howard is notoriously difficult to work with. (Iron Man, anyone?)

46. Laura E. says:

I have predicted Blood and Oil as the first cancellation for several months, since the first ad. Yay me.

47. Sammy says:

I do not think that there will be any more death on grimm. Of a main character. But im done with that show after this comment.

Martin henderson and ellen better have amazng chemistry or that would have been shonda whackiest move yet.

Love the sleepy bones supergirl and tbbt/superbowl prediction esp because it falls on my bday…

48. ab1973 says:

Arrow’s writers and EPs are, admittedly, uncreative hacks now. All their good ideas were used up in the first two seasons. However, even they would hopefully not repeat “Oliver’s married/engaged to someone else” two seasons in a row.