Fall TV Preview

The Good Wife's Jeffrey Dean Morgan Has His Eyes on the Prize — First Look

Are we looking at a job interview or an OKCupid meet-up?

That question may course through your mind as you peruse the following first-look photos of The Good Wife interviewing prospective legal investigator Jason Crouse (Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

Series co-creator Robert King confirmed in TVLine’s Fall Preview that — “F— yes” — there’d be heat between Alicia and Jason (though “the Catholic-girl part of” Mrs. Florrick will be hesitant to embrace such an extramarital affair). But Supernatural vet Morgan’s super-direct gaze and flirty smile indicate his character may not have any such reservations.

Would you judge us if we made Nelly’s “Hot in Herre” as the official soundtrack to this blog post? (Sorry.)

The Good Wife returns Sunday, Oct. 4 (9/8c on CBS). Morgan’s debut will come a week later.

Check out the images in the gallery below — or click here for direct access — then share your thoughts on the pairing (plus pics of incoming players Margo Martindale and Cush Jumbo) below!

1. abz says:

While I’m looking forward to this, I’m still kind of bummed, they couldn’t get Matthew Goode to stay on. I really wanted to see the Alicia/Finn partnership.
    They really should have her divorce Peter this season. And she better reject Canning’s offer. They need to remove Michael J. Fox from the show entirely. I’m so over the character. Bring in some new antagonist to shake things up if need be. Just get rid of Canning already,
    I’d love to see Martha Plimpton’s character return. And hopefully some more Carrie Preston.

2. sssusieq says:

That definitely looks like one hot interview! The addition of Jeffrey Dean Morgan is bringing me into “The Good Wife” fold. Only he could get me to watch a show about lawyers!

3. N says:

I may watch this show! Love JDM

4. JK says:

I love Jeffrey Dean Morgan!!! But I was so distracted by Julianna & Alan’s wigs. I knew they wore them, Julianna said it’s easier for continuity. I never notice them while watching the show, but in these photos, I can’t help but stare at them.

• Maryann says:

I will give the show a look for the first time this year, thanks to Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I have caught snippets in the past, but I just did not care for the law office soap concept, and her past love interest just made my skin crawl. We will see whether the new casting is enough to make me stay.

5. SBG says:

Love JDM! Wish he would go back to Papa Winchester. Good looking man and talented actor.

6. kathy says:

No Cary? No Diane? Not interested.

7. Jacarsonfan says:

Never watched and episode but Papa Winchester and Former Nurse Hathaway def makes me interested… have to check this out!

8. liame says:

OMG those wigs look horried! Whoever thought that was a good idea needs to be fired, hahaha, not really. ;)

9. Viv says:

JDM’s gotta good future in charming us to watch troubled shows. Extant?! Who the heck wanted to watch Extant? Tell ya what though, I watched a lot of that 2nd season … Dunno if I can bring myself to watch him charm JM.

Love everyone else on the show but I just nvr liked JM’s characters; coy & smug humble brags — ” I just wanna slap her! I wanna slap her hideously, beautiful face!”

10. lorna says:

He has always said he would love to return to SPN, and is close with the J’s…so what is the real hold up??

11. Pat says:

I really like Jeffrey Dean Morgan but when I see him, all I can think of is “John Winchester “.