I Am Cait Candis

Did Grodd Lead Zoo Attack? Should Candis Replace Caitlyn? Dream Dance Judges? Stingy Ninja? And More TV Qs

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including I Am Cait, SYTYCD, Dancing With the Stars, Ninja Warrior and Mindy Project!

1 | Last weekend’s Worst Creative Arts Emmy snub: Jane the Virgin‘s Anthony Mendez not winning for Outstanding Narrator?

2 | How amazing was it that, even in the middle of a riot, Fear the Walking Dead’s Travis A) found his truck still in one piece and B) was able to just drive away, as if the streets weren’t packed with looters?

3 | All in favor of E! scrapping I Am Cait and turning it into I Am Candis — focusing on fabulous transgender actress Candis Cayne — say “I!”

4 | Masters of Sex‘s Bill/Nora hook-up: hot, or creepy? And does anyone want to take credit for speculating that Nora was in cahoots with the holy rollers?

5 | What was that one House of DVF hopeful thinking, bringing a photo of her husband to a job interview?

6 | Isn’t it high time So You Think You Can Dance added a weekly segment spotlighting the great (though often under-the-radar) careers of its alumni? And (provided its renewed), who’d be your ideal Season 13 judges’ panel? (We’d go with Misty Copeland, Mary Murphy andSYTYCD-Dewan Stephen ‘Twitch’ Boss — and ditch the “Stage vs. Street” nonsense!) Also, did seeing Jenna Dewan-Tatum perform this week make you wish someone would cast her in a dance-themed TV series a la Bunheads or Starz’ upcoming Flesh and Bone?

7 | Who was a better Today guest host: The Mindy Project‘s Mindy Kaling or this past June’s Unbreakable Ellie Kemper?

8 | After that Dancing With the Stars‘ season premiere, are you growing concerned that Gary Busey will be voted through simply for his entertaining soundbites?

9 | Where are the Emmys for American Ninja Warrior commentators Matt Iseman and Akbar Gbajabiamila? (We’re dead serious!) And how much you wanna bet they change the rules for Season 8, to award any Geoff Britten-like runner-up at least a little cash?

10 | We know those Beneful “talking dog” ads are all about selling kibble, but isn’t there a way to communicate that idea without having the “pooches” record their voiceovers with full mouths?

11 | At the end of Zoo, was that Grodd helping lead the charge?
Zoo_Finale_Scene

12 | After stealing scenes on HIMYM, serving as a stellar awards-show host and wowing Broadway as Hedwig, have we just found out what Neil Patrick Harris can’t do, on Best Time Ever?

13 | Do you think The Mindy Project will address how Ike Barinholtz’s Morgan is suddenly significantly slender than he was last season?

14 | Were we supposed to find ourselves rooting — just a little bit — for The Bastard Executioner‘s terrible, villainous Corbett, or was it merely Stephen Moyer’s charismatic performance that prompted such a reaction?

15 | At this week’s Republican debate, why were Dana Bash and Hugh Hewitt even there if Jake Tapper was going to ask 90 percent of the questions? And wouldn’t the proceedings have benefited from a buzzer announcing a candidate’s response time was up? Also: Has that debate ended yet?

16 | Were you surprised that the Impastor finale didn’t clue one person in on Buddy’s secret? And how funny is the selfie Russell keeps handy on his phone?

17 | Wouldn’t America’s Next Top Model 20Qs-Milanoacting challenge winner Lacey have made a great Hart of Dixie guest star? [Sigh]

18 | Should Alyssa Milano be glad the caption wasn’t “She’s a Mistress No More”?

19 | In the end, do you suspect Jenna Coleman’s desire to tout her new ITV/Queen Victoria gig outweighed the BBC’s obvious desire to keep her Doctor Who departure on the down low?

20 | If we never again hear Littlefinger 20Qs-Ratmanwelcome us to “the Scorch” in Maze Runner 2 commercials, will it be too soon?

21 | Place your bets now: Will Empire‘s Season 2 premiere come back even bigger than the Season 1 finale, or will the audience dip?

Hit the comments with your answers — and any other questions you have!

1. chuckiechk says:

#11 … season 2 of the zoo will be about the dc comics animal kingdom battling for survival with only a few human survivors

2. tallsy says:

4. We need a new term for what’s happened to Masters of Sex because “off the rails” doesn’t cut it.
    12. Variety show hosting needs someone with a different energy than NPH.
    14. I fell asleep during the first hour. I’m rooting for cancellation.
    15. A buzzer is always necessary. Hewitt and Bash are never necessary.
    19. Aiden Gillen’s natural accent has transitioned from Irish to Bond villain.

3. bryce says:

My biggest question: Difficult People is obviously hilarious, but could they go one episode without making a joke about a non-Hulu streaming service? Every single episode has had a knock against Netflix, Amazon Prime, or even Crackle. Is Hulu so self conscious that they have to force in jokes about such a non-competitor like Crackle? Some of the jokes have been funny, but at this point it’s clear to me that Hulu almost has to be requiring a joke in each script about its competitors. It’s distracting.

4. Ellinas1978 says:

21. Yes for the premiere. Then it will probably dip, not by much though.

5. Ellinas1978 says:

4. I don’t even know why I keep watching. Can’t wait for Homeland/Affair (after starting TWD at 9:15) to begin.

6. LADY_in_MD says:

I would love if Mary came back to SYTYCD the judging panel this season was terrible seeing Jenna only made me want Witches of East End back on tv!

I hope Empire doesn’t go the way of Glee and have all the guest starts taking away from the main characters

The two hosts from ANW are so funny and always supportive of the contestants

I just started Jane on Hulu and I agree the narrator should have won the Emmy he does such a great job

7. Kim R says:

12. NPH – I loved Best Time Ever. It was the first show. Give it a minute!

8. Rachel says:

20 – and the annoying scorch trial ads that pop up in this site?!?

9. Luis says:

9. Matt Iseman totally deserves an Emmy for “Best Announcer Voice!” How much time does he spend in a mirror practicing saying “American Ninja Warrior!!”

21. Incredibly, “Empire” will open bigger in S2 than S1

10. 6 – I don’t want Misty Copeland back as a judge. She’s a beautiful dancer, but I didn’t like her on the judges panel. I found her stiff and not very engaging. I’ll take more Twitch in any capacity. And I was surprised at how much I liked Paula Abdul this season. I wasn’t looking forward to her addition, but I really liked her. She was a VERY toned down version of Mary, personality-wise. I actually enjoyed having the rotating guest judges, with a few exceptions. There were some duds, but when they had Jesse Tyler Ferguson, or Christina Applegate, or Kristen Chenowith, or any of the choreographers…it was magical. Even if it meant I had to tolerate Mia Michaels sometimes.

11. 7. Kemper by a mile!
    21. Hopefully down so I can stop hearing the words Empire and juggernaut in the same sentence.

12. Joni says:

#2 How about putting the garbage out like it’s a regular day?

• Win says:

While I had the same feeling as TVLine on #2, I actually loved the trash thing – plus the glance at the neighbor who likely saw some equally disturbing developments doing the same thing. I know some people who have been through some pretty tragic events, and they took solace in keeping up the most routine things you think would fall by the wayside during times of turmoil.

13. Brandy says:

I really missed the rotating guest spot on SYTYCD. Christina Applegate, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Anna Kendrick, etc. were all so good. I actually thought Paula was more coherent than on Idol, but I missed Mary.

14. mary says:

Adam Shankman is the only judge I find entertaining. Music choices sucked. Next time just let the dancers dance without this vs that.

15. Angela says:

#8: Lord, yes. I am hoping like mad that the voters wind up proving me wrong on that, though.

16. pati says:

I liked the show, I really liked Stephen Moyer, looking forward to more

17. Diz says:

Dip…when you dip, I dip, we dip.

18. Spence says:

Empire will be larger in its premiere after new fans had a whole summer to catch up. (Me being one of them.)

19. Larc says:

#21 – I think Empire will be like March: in like a lion and out like a lamb. The biggest and hottest fires are very often those that don’t burn very long.

20. mcslammer says:

#1 Peter Coyote definitely deserved it.

21. Sims says:

#13 – Ha I noticed this too but Ike’s new weight seems on par with Kaling’s obsessive yo-yo dieting causing her weight to go up and down every episode.

22. John says:

I can’t stand the American Ninja Warrior announcers. My wife and I basically watch the show on mute.

23. Ashleigh says:

Loved seeing Mindy host. Don’t know which surprised me more — that she didn’t get the definition of baleful right or that she did get the basket.