Megan Fox New Girl

New Girl: Megan Fox Set to Join Season 5 Cast as the New Roommate!

Call her the newer girl.

Megan Fox is heading to New Girl in Season 5 to temporarily fill the void left by leading lady Zooey Deschanel, who is currently on maternity leave.

Fox will appear in multiple episodes as Reagan, a gorgeous, straight-shooting pharmaceutical sales rep who comes to town on business and shakes things up in the loft when she rents out Jess’ room while she is sequestered on jury duty. She’ll first appear in Episode 6. (Deschanel pre-taped five Season 5 episodes last spring before taking off on maternity leave; she gave birth to a daughter in early August.)

“It’s insane to me that such a gorgeous person can be so funny, but I guess we just all have to accept it,” noted executive producer Liz Meriwether in a statement. “I’ve been a fan of her comedic skills since This is 40, and I’m so excited to have her on the show. We had Megan in mind when we wrote this part — she’s the perfect person to come in and shake these guys up.”

For Fox, it marks a return to her early TV comedy roots. Long before Transformers catapulted her into the public consciousness, the actress cut her teeth on sitcoms What I Like About You and Two and a Half Men. She went on to land a regular gig on ABC’s Kelly Ripa comedy Hope & Faith.

New Girl is slated to kick off Season 5 in January with what the network is calling an “uninterrupted run of all-new episodes.”

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Ben Kabak says:

Can’t wait! Love her

2. Dude says:

I really like Megan Fox and she actually has great comedic timing (Jennifer’s Body is by far her best role) so I’m really excited about this!

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Where’s Michael Bay when we need him?

4. I’ll miss Zooey! The episodes won’t be the same without her!

5. Jared says:

Love Megan Fox. Can’t wait to see her in a comedy again!

6. Rob says:

This is the beginning of the end for New Girl and this is what will happen: The writers of this show will realize any actress can be the “New Girl” and Zooey will request more time off to be a mom and other actresses will fill-in as a result or Megan Fox will be better than they realized (so will the ratings) and since Zooey has other opportunities in Films and Music and she will leave after season 5.

• Nerogrid says:

And Donald Trump wins the elections. Don’t go that far in the future. This season doesn’t premiere till January.

• Rob says:

I’ve been watching TV all of my life (I’m 45) and I’ve seen what I described happen before but of course I could be wrong. I have a feeling that ZD will move on to other projects sooner rather than later, anyways how much longer can she be the ‘New Girl’ before the the namesake becomes old? Her character has already evolved beyond the name of the show.

• Amelia says:

Lots of shows evolve past their names or just have horrible names to begin with (Cougar Town comes to mind of course). She hasn’t been the “new girl” since season 2 started. I’m not saying the scenario you described won’t play out but I think it will have more to do with the story rather than just relating to the title.

• H says:

Donald Trump will be the new New girl.

7. Jen says:

Barf. She couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag.

8. Concerned says:

I thought the whole point of pushing the show to midseason was so she WOULDNT miss any episodes? I could swear I read originally she was going to miss four, but then they changed it so she wouldn’t have to miss any. Did I just dream that?

9. MyFairLady says:

Speaking of Megan Fox…what’s Shia LaBeouf up to these days…He’d be great for True Detective S3…

10. Walkie says:

Megan Fox and “Comedic Timing” should never be in the same sentence.

11. Amelia says:

This news kind of excites me. I didn’t realize NG wasn’t coming back until January though. I’m sure that helps with maternity leave. I hope Jess and Megan’s character get to share some scenes together.

12. Jammy says:

Megan Fox has NOTHING on Zooey. In any sense.

13. maryqueensy says:

Will surely miss zooey

14. 'A' Is Alive says:

Wait, if Zooey filmed the first 5 episodes and won’t appear in episode 6, that means she won’t be in the series 100th episode. The series was last at 94 episodes. That would suck that the “new girl” won’t even be in the series’ 100th episode…

• Christian says:

Oh wow, great catch. This show has been such a mess the past couple of years and this is just the final nail in the coffin. Ratings weren’t much better than Mindy Project last year so now that is has secured its syndication deal, I’m sure next season will prolly be its last.

15. andrea says:

I can’t get past the fact the female executive producer said “It’s insane to me that such a gorgeous person can be so funny, but I guess we just all have to accept it”. Are those two traits mutually exclusive? What the hell? And does that mean the other women on the show are either pretty or funny, but not both? She sounds shocked at the combination, so it must be new to her.

16. jess says:

Cant wait to watch new season i barely started watching the series and omg its so funny im so excited😆

17. Seriously….Megan Fox?! I mean she is hott but let’s not pretend like she can ever be Jess. I feel like that is a pretty odd person to fill the temporary void, but I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I haven’t seen her act enough because I can only remember her only running daisy dukes from Decepticons, but she’s got some tough shoes to fill!!! This show is my heart and soul. I love and respect all of the actors so much and the quirky yet hilarious dynamic they bring to the screen cannot be taught and must be even harder to walk into. Good luck Megan! If it doesn’t work out, you will still always look good running baby girl : ).

18. No way says:

Nnnnnoooooo, not Megan Fox. She can’t act to save her life.

19. With technology advancing so much, just one can find out all which they want on over the net
    stores and just clicking a few buttons is extra than enough to individual all which you want.

Since Amber was moving out, Hannah decided to move in with Jenelle.

2012 when the Lady Hatters split with the Lady Colonials and
    snapped a 128-game losing streak.