Law & Order: You the Jury

NBC Orders Law & Order Live Reality Series Spinoff You the Jury

Ever yelled at your TV during a courtroom scene on Law & Order? Dick Wolf’s latest venture may be just the show for you.

NBC has greenlit Law & Order: You the Jury, a one-hour live reality series from the uber-producer, our sister site Deadline reports.

The courtroom docudrama allows viewers to decide the verdict on real legal cases and to vote on the veracity of witnesses and persuasiveness of evidence throughout the trial.

Wolf previously explored the subject matter in the scripted spinoff Law & Order: Trial By Jury.

Would you watch a live reality version of Law & Order? Sound off in the comments!

1. hmm says:

Wha happened with original reboot? Is that still going also?

• Sally McLinn says:

THIS is such a bad idea. Bad idea. NBC is desperately seeking a hit show, it has none. NOT one.
      If anything, they should be trying to replicate Empire with a minority cast and women in an urban setting.

• Mr. Cain says:

I’m not particularly sure what you’ve been watching, but NBC has multiple hit shows. Blindspot, Chicago PD, Chicago Fire, Law & Order, The Blacklist, Grimm, Heroes:Reborn to name a few. That’s not to mention the shows like the Voice or America’s got talent. In fact, NBC has ruled the demos since starting this season and has won 13 consecutive weeks in adults 18-49 — the longest stretch for any network since Fox in 2009. So, theres no need for them to replicate anything fox is doing.

• David Elliott says:

I was thinking the same thing as I read that comment. NBC has some of the best shows that are on tv right now. The shows that you listed are great.

• Whatevah says:

I’d rather see that!

2. Wordsmith says:

A reality spinoff of a scripted show. You don’t see that too often.

3. Chris says:

This could actually be interesting and potentially very good but still hope that the original gets revived like it’s been talked about

• Sally McLinn says:

NBC has nothing. Nothing! They need to fire all the heads over there. Bad ideas. Even the casting of the WIZ is a bad idea.

• Jon says:

As someone who still watches SVU (series 17–whoo hoo!) and will watch a rerun (or five) of any L&O series anytime, I can see myself getting sucked into this reality series too. But we need more info, TVLine…do we vote via Twitter, or an app? Is this another East Coast-based vote, or open to the whole country? More reporting, please….

4. Just one thing says:

Dear gawd.

5. suzanne mullany says:

maybe.

6. JEF says:

Just another show where the west coast can’t participate.

7. Angela says:

Decide the verdict on real cases?
    Yeah. No possible way THAT can go wrong.

8. queerminded says:

How is this legal??

9. Marc says:

It’s not as though his Arrest & Trial was any good, though it did manage to limp three years in first run syndication. This should be even cheaper: no need for reenactments!

10. scotlore says:

Another reality show?!? Damn.it! Why not just bring L&O back. I miss it. Not this though. Please Wolf.

11. Sheila says:

Is this just The People’s Court with voting!

12. matty says:

This sounds painfully boring and I have a feeling it’s going to be a huge dud.

13. This is why NBC must call NINA TASSLER IMMEDIATELY! The INMATES are running the asylum.

14. Just bring back Law & Order 21th season and set a record!! That show was one with quality.

15. Zoe says:

…this is the weirdest Law & Order spinoff I’ve ever heard of.

16. Tresa Johnson says:

I would love to be a part of this! My DVR is full of LAW&ORDER, all varieties, new & old! This would be a dream come true!

17. At first I thought my idea leaked out since i have messaged a few Hollywood type people, but upon reading this I see that it is not close to what I envisioned. NBC, you need to bring me on board this one as a paid consultant….you won’t be sorry.