Fall TV Preview
Shiri Appleby Code Black

UnREAL's Shiri Appleby Checking Into CBS Medical Drama Code Black

Shiri Appleby is going from one hellish work environment to another.

UnREAL‘s leading lady will guest-star on the upcoming CBS medical drama Code Black, our sister publication Variety reports, though it’s possible she could also appear in as many as eight episodes.

Appleby will play Dr. Carla Niven, the former girlfriend of Melanie Chandra’s Dr. Malaya Pineda. They reconnect when a pregnant Dr. Niven is admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with a form of cancer.

Of course, this isn’t Appleby’s first time at the medical rodeo. Behold, a photo from her 10-episode stint on ER:

shiri-appleby-er

Will you follow Appleby to the halls of Angels Memorial Hospital? Drop a comment with your thoughts on this casting below.

1. Kasim says:

So Malaya is a lesbian. Didn’t feel like it from the pilot. I thought she would be coupled with the average looking intern. Maybe she’s bi.

2. Dennis says:

ROSWELL forever! :) yay love her

3. Marco says:

So this is going to be a retread of Shiri’s recurring appearance in season 1 of Chicago Fire?

4. tvwatcher says:

After seeing Shiri for the 1st time on UnREAL I will watch her in anything. She’s absolutely brilliant. She’s my new favorite actress.

5. Bill says:

Chicago Fire storyline re-tread. How un-original. They are just swapping Malaya for Shay.

6. Joey Padron says:

glad she’ll be back on TV soon during UnReal’s hiatus. wish she would have guest star on The Night Shift to work with Brendan again like Roswell days.

7. Sheldon W. says:

Random thought: I see photos of Shiri Appleby and Rose Byrne and wonder how it’s possible that no one’s cast them as sisters in something.

8. Debby says:

I just adore Shiri Appleby. I will most likely follow her career to Code Black, yet it will bother me to see her with another woman, but not for the reasons you may think. I loved her and Max as a couple in the fictional world of the Roswell TV series. If “Liz”(Shiri) is a lesbian that would nullify her’s and Max’s sweet relationship and would cast a cloud over the fantasy I have of them being a Romeo And Juliet couple. I know she probably wants growth in her acting career but I like seeing “Juliette” with a Romeo.