Exclusive

Fresh Off the Boat's Season 2 Poster: The Huangs Give Us an Art-Attack

Art imitates art — very famous art, undoubtedly — in Fresh Off the Boat‘s Season 2 poster, and TVLine has your exclusive first look.

Indeed, the Huang family of ABC’s underrated Tuesday night gem finds itself in a scene straight from Edward Hopper’s modern masterpiece Nighthawks — and it’s pretty dang genius.

Oh sure, there are a few tweaks — Jessica’s chops sticks are a nice touch, as is Eddie’s hand gesture —but it’s otherwise pretty faithful to the original.

Fresh Off the Boat returns Tuesday, Sept. 22 at 8:30/7:30c.

Check out the poster below, then tell us what you think down in the comments!

FTB_ExclusiveJPG_S2[5]

1. Brigid says:

Great poster! I never watched this show until a few days ago and it’s really good. ABC does have the best comedies on TV and I think I’ll stick with this one too.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

One of the most groundbreaking comedies I’ve ever seen on network TV even though I’m Asian American and Constance Wu and Randall Park both give Emmy worthy performances.

• m3rcnate says:

You being Asian American has nothing to do with it. I am Caucasian American (aka white) and completely agree. I hope big Hollywood recognizes Constance’s talent and utilizes her in roles people might not expect (like bad-ass female lead). The show is great. I am saddened that the creator (the real Eddie) says it took a turn for the not real and he doesn’t like it and all that, but on its on merits it is still a super funny, unique show. It makes you think about how it is weird every show like it is either a black family comedy show or a white one. Hope to see more diversity.
      Would be fascinating to see a “Cosby/Fresh off the Boat/Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” like show but of an Iraqi or Afghani Muslim family having moved to America like the Huang family and them experiencing everything real middle eastern/Muslim families do when moving here post-9/11. Could have a lot of funny stuff, a lot of touching stuff, a lot of interesting stuff, a lot of serious stuff…would be really interesting. Have 3 kids (one 13 so the culture shock is big, one 8 so the culture shock is medium and one 5 so the culture shock is small and he/she starts to grow up Americanized like Eddie does).

• Mr. Tran K says:

I am Asian American and are making up conspiracy theories or are you being such a hypocrite? Stop whining and complaining about what I’ve said and also stop being such a liar towards me because I hate when people lie when they don’t speak their minds. You people must understand that I always hate COMPLAINERS. If someone complains again, I’m about to go all Jack Bauer on someone or throw a temper tantrum. You better show some respect if you’re going to stop lying or complaining.

3. Carrie says:

Clever poster. I love this show.

4. Beckers0505 says:

Cool poster!!!

5. Nicole says:

People should check out this show its very funny!!

6. I’d buy this in poster or t-shirt form. *hint*

7. Reans says:

I have never thought of this poster till I encountered it upon diving into the story and science ’bout the original art piece behind which I regard as truly insane just to fathom how this poster as a spiin-off of it rather makes the same extremeably scarying sense dull yet in a commercial way. It’s not war eh’?