Fall TV Preview
Leonard and Penny's Wedding

Big Bang Theory Wedding Video: Leonard and Penny Tie the Knot!

It’s the wedding of the year September!

Leonard and Penny will tie the proverbial knot in Big Bang Theory‘s Season 9 premiere (airing Monday Sept. 21 at 8/7c), and we have a first look at the understated, no-frills Last Vegas-set ceremony.

The following promo, which debuted Wednesday night during The Late Show With Stephen Colbert, offers a fleeting glimpse of Penny in her nuptial attire as she prepares to walk down the aisle with Leonard. (It appears the rest of the gang are watching via satellite?) The clip then tees up the couple’s super-awkward looking wedding night.

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Will you be in attendance for their big day on Sept. 21?

1. Al says:

The dress is kinda meh

Anyone feel like they are working towards the end… Or at least getting ready to ?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Already renewed for a whole season beyond this one, so….

• Lo says:

I don’t know, if you look at how far the characters have come and grown organically throughout the years, there’s still so much more they can do with them, if the cast wanted to keep going

• Stacy says:

I hope they work towards the end, planning a great finale – like Scrubs. Instead of trying to get some of the actors to renew for one more crappy season – like Scrubs.

• The show has gone so far off the original concept that it shoould end soon. It used to be about intelligent guys trying to live and relate to normal people. Now it is nothing but nerds are stupid or lame jokes or Penny saying the words SEX or ALCOHOL.
      There was so much potential for shedding light on the world of the intelligent that was just wasted.

2. Mike says:

I have a feeling they will be the first Big Bang Theory to get a divorce; but then I can see them getting remarried by the series finale, should be fun

3. DatDude says:

glad they aren’t draggin this out any longer than they already have…

4. Karen Conder says:

Yes will watch

5. Jin says:

How beutiful u r!!
    I love this marriage.

6. Robin says:

Yay!! So thrilled! Huge Penny & Leonard fan!

7. Auntyanne says:

FINALLY!
    Now will Sheldon ever be a real boyfriend, and will Ragesh get a regular girlfriend?

8. Television says:

Am I the only one that hates them together and doesnt want to see this show turn in to everyone paired off and married with kids?

• suzi says:

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I have always liked them as a couple, and I have no problem with everyone paired and perhaps parented, which is often a part of life.

• rogue says:

Nope – ever since the ‘our children will be smart and beautiful’ & dibs comments I’ve been put off this pairing…

Stalker territory much!

• Allison says:

I’m pretty sure one of the EPs said just last year that they have no plans of adding any kids in the mix any time soon. I could see it happening next year, if they do decide to have that be the final season, but it sounds like they are planning to stay away from that for a while at least. Adding in babies can be show killers (not always of course) because it often changes the dynamics of the show. I think these EPs know that so they are going to hold off on it for as long as they can. I think it was part of the reason why they had Bernadette say she didn’t know if she wanted kids way back when she and Howard were engaged. It made it a little more realistic that they are still holding off even though they have been married for several years, are in their 30’s, have established careers, all things that often prompt a couple to start thinking about having kids. I can’t say anything about them being paired off but I think you are safe on the kids front for a while.

• Mario D. says:

It is true adding babies to the mix would be a sort of closure for the show. However, can you visualize a Penny being pregnant and all the comedic situations that can arise with Leonard, Sheldon and friends? It would be I Love Lucy hysterical. Also, I think the marriage is a way to do this if Kaley Cuoco gets pregnant in real life

• Nope. I think in real life they would never work. They solve every problem with Penny offering Leonard sex. It is just so unrealistic. Also, if he was picked on by the popular kids as much as he claims he probably would have a lot of baggage towards popular people like Penny.

9. Justawatcher says:

I know I’m kinda raining on the parade when I say this (and I apologize in advance), but I freakin hate her dress. There’s nothing “wedding” about it. With the money the show makes they could’ve given her something prettier to wear. Even some of her dresses from earlier seasons were prettier than this. Jmo.

• Coal says:

Don’t get confused between the money the show and actor’s make with how much the characters earn. Penny can only dream of earning as much as Kaley.

• Sarah says:

Yeah but she’s a drug rep now not a struggling actor so even for a last minute Vegas wedding she could’ve dropped a couple hundred at a nice store. I personally think the dress fits the character’s fashion sense, but Penny could afford something nice if she wanted to now.

• KCC says:

I agree about the dress, but BBT is a comedy so the dress might be part of a gag in the story.

• Stacy says:

It wasn’t supposed to scream “wedding”. Per the storyline, it’s a last minute decision – both the marriage and the dress.

10. Sharron Hayward says:

Try to keep me away! I’ve been looking forward to this for ages.

11. Patty says:

I think it would be funny if amy and sheldon got hitched and had a boy…a normal kid ,sheldon wants a smart one he didn’t get…but the kid is ALL BOY lol

12. j orr says:

I’ll see it. Sometime.

13. Barbara says:

I will be watching! :-) Unless I have to work that day but either way I have my DVR set!! Can’t wait!!

14. jim lemaser says:

Does she get a middle and last name??

15. annie says:

cant wait…LOVE Big Bang!!!

16. Dana Renae says:

i hope that we can meet some more of penny’s family and see her dad again on the show..lol
    interesting that we only see one parent of the main cast except raj’s parents.

• Lisa Weiss says:

We’ve seen both of Bernadette’s parents. Sheldon’s father is dead.

• rusty says:

We’ve seen Bernadette’s mom and dad, Howard’s dad left them, Sheldon’s dad is dead. Leonard’s dad and mom are divorced. But you are right about the others. Amy’s dad and Penny’s mom are MIA. In fact, I don’t think Amy’s father has ever been mentioned at all. I think it would be cool to bring in Penny’s meth making brother in an episode. Also Leonard’s bro and sis. Lots of possible family episodes. Still have around 48 episodes to go unless the show is extended past 10 seasons.

17. Alice Adams says:

This is one wedding I am not going to miss!!! I feel like Leonard & Penny are part of our family!!!!

18. Sharon Beggs says:

Yes I’ll be there

19. charlotte dean says:

haven’t missed an episode yet. must see tv in our house.

20. Jean Mclaughlin says:

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, will be there lol

21. Betty says:

Wouldn’t miss.it. I love how the friendship that Kaley and Johnny have in real life shows through in the clip of him carrying her into the hotel room. I bet they had a blast filming that scene.

22. Carla Lathrop says:

YES !!! With bells on and I really do not like weddings. Can’t waite for this one though!!!

23. Jon says:

yep. I will be there.

24. Will set to record this episode! I have the remote with DTV that allows you skip forward on the calendar 2-4 weeks in advance! Thanks for the heads up for the date so I do not miss this episode! The ensemble cast will make this event one of their best! It should be very funny!

25. Abe Froman says:

So she’s keeping that terrible hair style? :(

26. Melissa Davis says:

Yes I will be watching. Get Sheldon and Amy back together. I want a little Wolowitz.

27. A major concern about this marriage is the living situation. It was brought up last season that Leonard and Penny felt they would get the 2 bedroom apartment and that Sheldon would be forced to move to the one that Penny currently has. Sheldon did not like this and the fact is he shouldn’t because the 2 room apartment is his. He was there first and Leonard moved in with him. How can they force him out of his apartment? The same thing happened when Turk married Carla and forced JD to leave. It was JD’s apartment.
    They’d better not force Sheldon to leave the bigger apartment and there is no way with his personality and total disdain for change that he would volunteer to leave it.