Exclusive
Kim Raver on Bones

Bones Enlists 24's Kim Raver to Find an MIA Booth — FIRST LOOK

Kim Raver will find herself in Jack Bauer-mode this fall when she joins Bones for a special arc that, coincidentally, will feel very reminiscent of 24.

“It’s a true thriller — somewhere between a traditional Bones and an episode of 24,” exec producer Michael Peterson tells TVLine of Season 11’s opening two-episode salvo, which kicks off on Oct. 1 and revolves around the search for David Boreanaz’ Booth.

Raver plays FBI special agent Grace Miller, who is brought in to assist the investigation surrounding Booth’s disappearance. As of now, her G-woman — pictured above alongside Agent Aubrey in an exclusive first look — is slated to exit on Oct. 8, but Peterson says he “absolutely loved having her,” adding, “We’re finding ways to get her back.”

1. mike says:

Here is a way to keep her around, replace her for Agent Aubrey. And while the they are at it replace Arastoo with anyone else from 24!

2. July Lark says:

Well, of course, without Booth on the case, the FBI would need more help investigating than Aubrey.

3. Shaun says:

This show kinda imploded last season.Ditch the FBI guy and get Brennen back in the field.Only then shall I return!

• lily says:

Emily was pregnant, that’s why Brennan was less in the field.

• kmw says:

That doesn’t explain why Booth and Brennan had hardly ANY scenes together, in the field or not. Less Aubry with Booth more of Brennan with Booth. My problem with Aubry is he monopolized air time that could have gone to Booth and Brennan. Blaming the lack of scenes with David and Emily on her pregnancy will never make sense to me. Sure I understand why they didn’t have her in the field but did they give them more scenes at home or FBI? Nope they didn’t and that is why last season didn’t work well for me. These two episodes will not have a lot of them together but the difference is the story itself will make up for it. Brennan searching for Booth and missing him while taking care of their two children will make for good shows. Lucky for us that they are going to manage to squeeze Booth in this first episode at all.

• Jeri says:

I wonder if Emily & David are having problems & avoiding scenes together. David has been “ill” and is supposedly ok now so we’ll see.

• Ella says:

You literally complain about the same thing every Bones article and it’s so boring and annoying. Season 10 is over and ended months ago. Let it go already. No need to harp on about the same old stuff again on an article about the new season.

@Jeri
          lol, no, this isn’t Castle.

• kmw says:

I was just stating my opinion about wanting more Booth and Brennan. I am sorry my dislike of last season bothers you so much. I watch for Booth and Brennan and last season wasn’t their best That being said I am looking forward to see what they come up with. P.S., I don’t believe for a minute David and Emily aren’t getting along. Cannot wait to see their new son and what his name is going to be. I would also like again to thank producers for finding a way to get David in first two episodes at least for a little bit

• heather says:

@kmw don’t apologize for having an opinion, I agree whole heartly with it…there was too much Aubrey and not B&B in season 10, they had no problem writing Emily in numerous lab scenes but failed to have her at the FBI in some EPs, even the ep where Daisy give birth, B&B had like 4 scenes in it, WTF and that was BEFORE they found out about Emily being pregnant in real life

• Ella says:

@kmw
          “Sure I understand why they didn’t have her in the field but did they give them more scenes at home or FBI?”

Because they have a case to solve every episode? They can’t just ignore field scenes and replace them with B&B at home just because a few people on the internet are screaming about it. They need to be out in the field/have a certain number of interrogations each episode.

The story comes first, not some silly quota to fit a certain number of scenes for each character in each episode. The writers don’t think like that.

• Rose says:

Couldn’t agree more, it’s like some fans have forgotten that this is s crime show first then character story then love story.

• kmw says:

I know they have a case to fill every episode and I also know they are never going back to way they used to I get that. But BONES even just in season 9 balanced things better. That is all I really want is balance. BONES shoved Aubry down our throats, unlike Sweets, where we were allowed to get to know him over time. I am also very well aware that plenty of Bones fans love the show for Angela and Hodgins and the squints and realize they need to find places for them as well. I also know they work long hours on set and Emily’s pregnancy most certainly was an issue. I know the show is a crime drama first and foremost but some of us would like a little affection, just a little, between the two and that doesn’t mean them being all over each other all the time either. Balance, that’s all

• finally someone said it. I’m tired of people complaining of not enough scenes between Booth and Brennan, it’s a crime show first, they solve crimes first.

• anon says:

Booth & Brennan are suppose to be the partners who solve crime, that’s how Fox sells it, that is the foundation and premise if the show

I did not sign up for B&B partnership being kicked to the curb, and some Mary Sue character

• anon says:

I did not sign up for B&B partnership being kicked to the curb, with them getting only 3 scenes at the start, middle and end of each ep, with some Mary Sue character called Aubrey who looks like Beavis & Butthead’s love child taking over.

This is not the show I signed up for.

Bring back B&B PARTNERSHIP

• SoFla says:

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, Emily was having a hard pregnancy and so they put Booth more with Aubry than with her as that way if unable to film due to her condition the show still went on … besides, wasn’t Brennan pissed off at Booth, kicking him out of the house for his gambling issues anyway? If fighting why would they have to film scenes together …. makes more sense they don’t have scenes together, right?

• kmw says:

Brennan wasn’t pissed off with Booth until her pregnancy was confirmed. When Brennan kicked him out of the house, then I could understand why they didn’t have scenes together and you are right it is entirely possible she was having a tough pregnancy. And it is also possible that to gear up for their 200th episode they lightened their workload because after that they were together more. I know David and Emily cannot work together as much as they did. They are starting a new season soon and I hope it will be good

4. lily says:

Can’t wait!
    I still don’t understand what’s people’s issue with Aubrey. He’s such a good character and works so well with the rest of the team.

• Shaun says:

he forces brennen to stay in the lab,which isn’t very fun.

• Beth says:

First, it’s BrennAN.
        Second: the actress that plays Brennan was actually pregnant. Wich is why she was less on the field and ultimately gave us, the real fans, the chance to know this Aubrey character, wich I adore btw.
        Can’t wait for season 11!!!

• Ella says:

@lily

ITA. Aubrey is a great character and fits in with the team so well!

I’m so fed up of people blaming him for Brennan being in the field less. EMILY WAS PREGNANT for virtually the entire season. How dare the writers try to lighten her workload by giving some more field scenes to Aubrey! Why make her work longer than she has to when Aubrey can do some scenes without drastically effecting the show.

• heather says:

Except for the fact that they didn’t know about Emily’s pregnancy until ep 200, in Oct and they pretty much broke up B&B partnership in ep 3 so Aubrey can have a reason to exist. Ugh.

Don’t blame Emily for the creative decisions that Stephen Nathan admitted to making.

Aubrey was shoved into too many scenes, half that he didn’t need to be in, Booth can function perfectly well without his shadow stuck to him 24/7

• SoFla says:

They did not announce it until then. If you think no one knew, well you are mistaken. The first scene of the first episode I knew she was pregnant. You can look at a woman, especially if the second or later child, and tell they are carrying a child by the manner in which their body is carrying weight, hence her small belly she had that kept growing as the episodes were filmed and shown, until they had to announce it as it was just too obvious.

• Jeri says:

It’s just that he is no replacement for Sweets. I really miss Sweets.

5. kmw says:

She will be terrific cannot wait to see how this comes off. I am all with less of Aubry. Of course the season is starting this way because David Boreanaz was ill. And yes more of Booth and Brennan in field together We will see if that happens.

6. Bored says:

Not sure why the show would be promoting a character no one has ever seen. I’m not interested in her at all at this point! I never watched 24. I want Booth and Brennan news. Want to know why Booth would again abandon/risk losing his family so soon after bout with gambling!
    I get DB was sick…..so if this woman may be back, does that mean less Booth this year? Perhaps there are ongoing issues?

• Jeri says:

I’m never been a fan of Kims. Agree focus should be on Brennan & Booth but it seems more & more like there may be issues.

• Shaun says:

nah….heard Boreanez is well again after the serious situation,should be okay for the rest.

• kmw says:

I doubt it In the past Bones used people like Tina Majorino when they could get her. If David Boreanaz directs an episode or two where Booth is less seen the could have her come in and fill in for him. As for story I think there is more to it than what we think is happening. Bones already had a late production start because of David’s illness and even then he wasn’t ready so I am not surprised that there is lack of Booth and Brennan information. Should be interesting start to new season

• Bored says:

I’ve never heard of this actress. So she doesn’t interest me. But perhaps she will be a love interest for Aubrey. Although she looks older than Aubrey. It could be a cougar thing like the atrocious Cam/Aristo thing. Everybody on the show it appears needs to get married……because Bones is a crime show! LOL

7. Mr. Tran K says:

Kim Raver will always be Audrey on 24 and people can’t wait to see her new gig on Bones.

8. Maria says:

She will be terrific in this role!! I haven’t watched Bones for quite a while, but I am all on board for Kim’s episodes.

9. Smile says:

This looks like it should be a good start to the new season. Looking forward to it.

10. LAR says:

Oh, this sounds great! I, for one, really like Agent Aubrey. He’s quirky and a nice addition. I think Kim Raver guesting is a brilliant move. Soooo looking forward to fall-season TV. Bones has always been a favorite.

11. 1mars says:

The reason most of us fell in love with Bones was for BnB’s crime fighting. Now what we get is a couple domestic scenes, Bth usually cooking and Aubrey taking over the rest of the FBI scenes, why? we don’t need two FBI agents and Brennan. I can understand a sub for Brennan while the actor was pregnant, but that’s over, let’s get back to what we watch Bones for….and I don’t mean the 25 rotating interns.

12. Keith says:

Will someone PLEASE give Kim her own show! I have been a fan of hers since Third Watch.

13. Pat says:

I am anxious to see her as an FBI Special Agent. Also cannot wait for this season to start up and even though I miss Sweets, I really like Aubrey and I think it has been doing a very good job.

14. Lauren says:

Love her. Miss her on Grey’s I wish they would bring her back!

15. I love this show I have every episode taped. I miss sweets, but ask my husband it drives him nuts that I watch all reruns on every station at everytime they are on and I tape them if I can’t. The show is addicting for me I just can’t help it. And I like all the characters.