Exclusive
Supernatural Season 11 Photos

Supernatural Season 11 First Look: Sam and Cas Are Bruised, Bloody — Plus: Crowley's Fate Revealed!

Looks like Dean and Sam’s fight against The Darkness is going to get ugly — at least for one of them.

In these exclusive photos from Supernatural‘s Season 11 premiere (airing Oct. 7 at 9/8c on The CW), one of the brothers — we’re looking at you, Sam — is worse for wear, sporting a shiner, as he stands amid a bloodbath.

The messy state of affairs also extends to Castiel, who was last seen getting whammied by Rowena to attack Crowley.

“Castiel, first and foremost, has to find a way out of this spell that Rowena has cast on him,” executive producer Jeremy Carver tells TVLine. “That’s not as easy as it may sound. Being under the influence of this spell, it’s going to lead him to some pretty uncomfortable situations.”

Meanwhile, the King of Hell seems to have fared much better, having survived the confrontation without a scratch. But there’s a new source of trouble for Crowley, who is “very much trying to figure out how he is going to navigate this new world where The Darkness threatens just about everything,” Carver previews.

Supernatural fans, check out the gallery below — or click right here for direct access — then hit the comments with your thoughts on what’s in store.

1. Jackie says:

Sam’s black eye is probably from the Season 10 finale and the brother fight, not from anything in the new season premiere since the premiere pretty much picks up where the finale ended.

• Charlie from Revolution STINKS! says:

Is it me or does it look like Sam/Jared has lost some weight? He looks a little thin in that pic.

• Eay88 says:

Yeah, he looms kinda like he did back when he was going through the trials… sickly. Maybe his real life mental illness is affecting his appearance. Feel better, Jared!

2. Maria says:

Just so not interested. It’s gonna get hammered by Empire, and it’ll be a well deserved hammering for churning out the same repetitive tedium for the last two seasons.

3. Can’t wait! Brothers reunited, unexpected alliances, (hopefully) badass Dean back where he belongs. Yeah, baby.

4. Arthur says:

As long as Sam, Dean, as Cas are all fine on the long run, I’ll be okay! Though I’m worried about Cas and how the spell will affect him – hopefully the guys are able save him soon, because I’d love to see Team Free Will united against the darkness.

5. WHEN IS CROWLEY GOING TO DIE WHY CAN’T HE JUST DIE ALREADY. I am so bored with his character.

also please give castiel a break. he’s been through enough.

• Arthur says:

I still like Crowley (but wish they’d let him be fully evil again), but I agree – poor Cas needs something good to happen to him this season! Hopefully they fix him quickly (my guess is ep 3) and he can help the guys.

• Ninamags says:

WHEN IS CASTIEL GOING TO DIE WHY CAN’T HE JUST DIE ALREADY. I am so bored with his character.
      also please give Crowley a break. he’s been through enough.

• Clare says:

WHEN IS SAM GOING TO DIE WHY CAN’T HE JUST DIE ALREADY. I am so bored with his character.

• Kat says:

Yeah, I agree, so OVER the Cas and the stupid angel drama. I’ve watched a lot of tv shows and Supernatural is my favorite, but the Cas/angel drama is by far the most BORING storyline ever. I like Cas but I’m sorry, he needs to go, he no longer does anything for the show.

• Sorry not sorry says:

Sorry, but the “stupid angel drama” is one of the things that makes our show so delightfully different from everything else on television. I’ve watched the show since season 1, but season 4 was when I really became hooked. It’s just gotten better since then, and I can’t see them ever getting rid of the angels vs. demons stuff – nor would I want them to. Cas is awesome!

• Brittany says:

I wouldn’t call it boring so much as involving extremely unlikable characters. The dynamics of heaven would be really interesting to me if I found any of the angels besides Cas sympathetic. If Hannah is the best they had to offer in that regard I’m ready for species extinction. Sorry Cas.

• Mika says:

@Brittany – they can stop doing the angel subplot without getting rid of Cas, though – his home is really on the earth now, with the guys. They’re not going to get rid of Cas, but they can and will easily keep him after heaven is dealt with. :)

• Miem says:

I agree completely. I liked Cas at first, but he has been on this show longer than necessary. Him being on the show longer makes me hate him more.

• Mike says:

Totally disagree, Cas has always been one of my favorite characters. I don’t want ANY of the characters to go, because the whole group of them is just awesome together.

• suzi says:

Totally agree, Mike.

• Richard says:

I agree with Mike and suzi – we’ve got a great ensemble cast and I love them all together. And Castiel is definitely one of my favorites!

• Katie says:

I feel the same way. I mean, a likable character is killed off like every season. But Crowley, Cas, Sam and Dean? No. They make the show! Supernatural would be in trouble if they dropped one of them, because each has a huge fan following.

• Kris says:

I’d rather see Castiel die. They’ve been struggling to find him a plot for years– that whole daughter thing last year was just painful to watch. Just give it up already. At least the demons are interesting villains.

• Donnie says:

I have to agree, Castiel needs to die permanently. I used to really love this dorky character but now he’s just so stale because they can’t figure out what to do with him.

I used to want Crowley dead too but he just got interesting again when he return to his evil ways, so he can stay.

• Brittany says:

Oh, yeah, the Claire thing made me want to beat my head against something. She beats Hannah and Rowena for most annoying character this season.

• Kat says:

Ug Claire! The most annoying teenager ever! I mean I understand why she was pissed off because Cas destroyed her family and never tried to help her for 5 years, but she’s just soooooo unlikable and annoying! Is it the writing or the actress or both? I really hope we never see her again.

Season 10 was bad for characters with the name “C”: Cas, Crowley, Claire, and heck even Charlie became annoying and died stupid.

• Richard says:

Nope, Castiel is awesome – love his relationship with the guys, and luckily, the CW and showrunners know how much the majority love him (a handful of rude comments on here don’t count much, sorry kids), and I guarantee he’s going to be around until the end.

Instead of complaining, why don’t you just focus on something you like instead? More productive and it doesn’t leave anyone out.

• ninamags says:

Right, and your saying that “the majority” love him is actually as inaccurate as is possible to be. The “majority” of viewers don’t go online or make any sort of comment on this show or any other show, for that matter. In fact, the most obnoxious, loud, rude, annoying and might I also add, a VERY small percentage of people are the ones who are constantly banging their drums for that waste of space character.

Your comments don’t much matter either, sorry.

• Mika says:

His comments matter just as much as anyone else – I don’t know of anyone except a few online complainers who doesn’t like Cas. He’s a huge part of the SPN fandom and I love his presence on the show!

• Donnie says:

Majority love Cas? Haha, nope. Misha’s Q score was so low that he wasn’t measures for at least 2 years, which translate to mean Cas isn’t as loved or popular as you think he is. Sure in the fandom he’s popular but for the SPN general public he’s a *shrug*. Even in my watch party people are like, oh, he’s still on the show? Why?

• Mickey says:

I’d challenge you to find any supporting character, especially on a genre show, that’s high enough on there. Q scores don’t mean much. Every casual viewer I’ve talked to likes him, and sorry, but he’s not going anywhere. Jared himself said that he couldn’t imagine a day that SPN would go on without Misha. Smart man, that moose.

• Katie says:

Yes! If they kill Cas, the show will be in huge trouble, because he has so many fans.

6. Anna says:

I’m worried that we’re going back to caretaker, nursemaid Dean and that Dean won’t have a storyline. The Mark is tied to the Darkness, Dean killed Death, you’d think those would mean something, but it seems we’re getting Sam visions and Sam-Lucifer stuff, LimpSam, LimpCas, and Crowley-Fergus.

• Ksana says:

I don’t know about story-story but JA mentioned that Deans connection to the Death’s death (ha) and Darkness will be adresses. Also they’ll touch on M/L true vessels. So there is hope

• Anna says:

Can you point me to where? Because I Jensen didn’t know that, he was asked but he couldn’t answer it because he hadn’t seen anything about it. As far as the true vessel comment Jared made at Van Con, I think that was just about Sam and Lucifer and was in regards to episode 2. I don’t think Jared was talking about Dean and Michael at all.

• Ksana says:

Don’t remember now, some M&G probably. Sorry, but I did see it somewhere. Dabb interview may be?

• Kris says:

Dean was a vessel too, for Michael. Have you forgotten? You can’t just assume they were only referring to Sam.

• Anna says:

No, I haven’t forgotten, but I think the show has.

It’s just the way episode 2 was described, in conjunction with Jared’s comments, I think it will just be about Sam and Lucifer.

I would love to be wrong and I would love for the show to remember that Dean was the true vessel of Michael.

• cassie says:

yes the luck of spoilers abt dean makes it clear that jensen has nothing to do once again, rest of spoilers makes it clear that they go back to the special snow flake show. seems jensen (because of moc) made the colossal mistake to sign new contract & once done they scr*** him royally, once again. & by now lost count of how many oportunities to work on films he lost because of spn. they scr** his career on & of the show, so not going to support their ungratefull & sorry a**. jensen deserves way better although since this is the 2nd time they treat him like cr** (constant sidelinning) on a show, if his agent does’nt grow some b*** this bs will continue no matter were he goes or what he does

• Ksana says:

And you know all of that how? You think Jensen is an idiot or brain dead he needs fans to worry about his career? You think he needs manager to say $%%^you CW and walk away? Have you ever considered being on SPN is his own choice?
        I always amused by some “fans” who think they know better what actors suppose to do with their life. JA is one of the smartest, brightest, most talented actors CW has, he is the highest paid actor on the channel, the is a star. He is happy, employed and comfortable. And you want him what – jumping off nice cushy boat and go diving with sharks ?
        He is a big boy and capable of knowing what best for him and his family. Don’t make him mentally disable.

• Wendy says:

yep. this. couldn’t agree more

• debra says:

Or maybe dean wil l take death place. Sam become a angle. Cass take Michael
        Place. Crowley takes over Purgatory
        His Mom dies or take over hell

7. Becky says:

Why would they reveal that cas didn’t kill Crowley, not that I’m not happy I love Crowley he’s my favorite bad guy but still

• Arthur says:

I’m wondering if Cas DID kill Crowley, but since Death is dead, no one can die..? I’m curious. I just hope all our guys are okay in the long run!

8. Aria Fitzgerald says:

Kinda makes you nervous just thinking about it. I mean, only the SPN-crew know what’s going on. Meaning the writers, directors and actors, and all that jazz. We have no clue what we’ve got in store from them, and little tid bit articles don’t help either bc they only give a little hint to keep the suspicion up..

But great article!

9. Kris says:

I’d rather hear more spoilers about Sam and Dean. That part was a little thin. Don’t really care too much what’s happening to the C guys. They’re mostly boring filler to me. More Winchester scoop!

• Kat says:

I came to kind of hate the characters starting with the letter C in season 10: Crowley, Castiel, Claire, and even Charlie because they were so boring or annoying. They completely turned Charlie into a Mary Sue and made her die stupid. Once Crowely returned to his true evil ways he almost got interesting again.

• Arthur says:

What you call boring filler is what the rest of us call beloved supporting characters who help round out the story. Cas and Crowley are just as big a part of SPN to me now as Dean and Sam, and luckily, J2 love having them around, too.

10. debra says:

They Shouldn’t have killed off the other
    People .Bobby. Ruby. Meg. Rufus. made . the show interesting to without them the show got boring dick .Charlie What’s up with you getting rid of them to soon I feel one main character will die good luck with next season

11. What about Dean? No mention of the Mark of Cain, no mention of him killing Death and what that could mean, no mention of the fact the Darkness was part of the Mark of Cain? Are we in for another season of Dean who? All we’re hearing about it Sam this and Sam that, it’s not like he hasn’t had a zillion storylines already.

• P says:

Yeah, it’s never a good sign when the first article out of the gate about the new season literally mentions every lead character EXCEPT Dean, like he’s not there or has no stake in the storyline this year. Bad start for a Dean fan. Alert me when there’s a reason for me to care.

12. J2M2 says:

Sam bad again and Dean fighter’s and rogatória. Seasons 4 and 5 the best, just do not let Dean corner , this character is awesome.

13. J2M2 says:

Is right and not rogatória ..

14. roy puckett says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW CAN’T WAIT FOR IT TO AIR.

15. Mika says:

Glad to see all four of my favorite guys are back! I can’t imagine the show without Dean, Sam, Cas,and Crowley.. those guys are the heart and soul of the show for me. :)

16. Slp56 says:

This is my favorite show in the world my only issue is they trying for spin offs that don’t work. Just keep up the better story instead of a spin off. If any spin off could have been Benny a few years ago. His story line needed more attention. But it has past. Keep the Winchester boys together , I hope they bring their Dad back wishful thinking. Keep Crowley Evil but love able his Mom I didn’t care for that at all. But Castiel needs to be there for the boys. Just keep the writing top notch , the fans will be happy but NO SPIN OFF

• Richard says:

I agree with a lot of what you said – Castiel definitely needs to be around for the boys (I mean, come on, they’re his family now) and Crowley’s moral greyness is interesting. I’m not really interested in a spin-off.. because I watch for Dean, Sam, Cas, and Crowley, and I want them all on the same show. :)

17. I will watch til the end hopefully a good ways off !!! I love this show & the actors!

18. As long as the four stooges Cas/Dean/Sam/Crowley are ok I’m happy I know alot of people don’t like good Crowley but honestly I really like how over the years after everything Sam cas dean and especially Crowley they still have room for team UPS!

19. Jake says:

i want to watch the ending of this show, isn’t a good story if is never ends.
    It lost the great meaning of this show, from the first seasons. The 8th season was very good but, the last two are too slow and repetitive.
    Lately seems that the only thing that happens are the deaths of the characters and the Winchester’s charisma (even Cas bores me).
    I’ll watch new season, i love with aaaall my heart the show, but i wanna watch the ending.

20. Gabrielle says:

Thatt is in case you are lucky to additionally acquire aany sort of likes, sometimes they send the likes and afterwards they drop the following week.

21. Batbara Stapleton says:

Sam does not have a ” mental disease” he suffers from depression. Mental disease and depression are not considered the same.

22. tbarnes says:

Supernatural has gotten so good ,but now my grandsons are into it,any chance they can have some kids added,training up the next generation of hunters.