Impastor Renewed Season 2

Impastor, The Jim Gaffigan Show Renewed at TV Land

Impastor‘s prayers have been answered: The dark comedy is coming back for a second season, TV Land announced Monday.

The Jim Gaffigan Show also nabbed a second season renewal.

Earlier this year, the network renewed Younger for Season 2, cancelled The Exes and saw Hot in Cleveland come to a close after six seasons.

Excited about the renewals? Tell us about it in the comments!

1. misery chick says:

Love Jim Gaffigan and his show 🙌

2. Jess says:

I can understand Gaffigan coming back, but the ratings for Impastor have been terrible. I guess its really cheap and part of their “rebranding.” I like it though, Im glad its been renewed.

3. thisismenow says:

Thank God Impastor is coming back.

4. murley says:

Good news about Impastor! I like how dark it is and Michael Rosenbaum is so good. I am so glad he is back on my tv again! Well computer- we don’t have cable.

5. Meghan says:

Yay!
    (Though I can’t help feeling a bit wary after the Hindsight incident, despite that being a different network.)

6. ChrisGa says:

Love Michael Rosenbaum but I thought Impastor was terrible.

7. Louis says:

Glad they’re both being renewed , I was skeptical of TV Lands rebranding, but so far the shows they’ve aired are pretty good, I still will miss the old school feel of shows like the exes, soul man and of course Hot in Cleveland , but overall I’m warming up to the new shows

8. Joey Padron says:

Great news! Love both shows!

9. Eric says:

I was never a huge fan of TVLand programming but I’ve been absolutely loving Impastor. Super glad that it’s coming back.

10. Ashley says:

Impastor is incredibly entertaining. It’s my favorite comedy on TV besides Veep. I’d never heard of it until a friend suggested I try it 2 weeks ago and I ended up watching 5 episodes that night. I watch so much TV and I can’t believe I’d never heard of a show this funny. So glad it was picked up for a second season. This show really needs more time for people to find it. Everybody should check it out.

11. dancmh says:

I’ve never seen Impastor but after all the wailing, screams of doom, and boycott threats from the 45 thousand “One Million Moms” people it makes me incredibly happy to see it renewed.

12. shirley says:

I REALLY hope both shows re-tool for next season. I love gaffigan and he show has potential, but while I LOVE the actress who plays her wife, she’s just too young, and becomes a useless character. The realtor just makes no sense, and the side characters are all a little too unlikable. Gaffigan is so good, I did keep watching, but most still are on my DVR still.

Impastor has the same issues, great actors, a bit boring to watch. I’m glad they’re getting a chance, with the right changes both could be good shows.

13. Heathers says:

Ashley Williams (Jeannie) is 37. How is that too young?! I have a friend who is 35 who has 5 children aged 12 and under.

14. The Watcher says:

Only caught up with “Impastor” recently, but it’s been really enjoyable, very dark, & a treat I wasn’t expecting out of TVLand. Looking forward to more.

15. Tom says:

JIm Gaffigan is Ok and I’m glad He’s coming back, but the show ‘Impastor’ is a slap in the face of God Almighty and Followers of Jesus Christ everywhere.
    PLEASE get rid of this GARBAGE on Tv Land; People and their Faith should be Respected and counted for.

16. Sarah says:

I LOVE IMPASTOR! Jim Gaffigan show is good too. Wednesdays are the BEST!

17. Michaelhoughton says:

i think I’m the only person in england watching impastor but really happy it’s to return,great comedy.

18. fuhcesca says:

Impastor is great -Love it! Glad it’s got another season coming. I’m only sorry to have to wait so long.

19. yippy says:

i am so glad impastor was renewed!

20. Oda says:

Thank God impastor is coming back. Love. buddy and the rest of the cast😃

• Audrey says:

Me too! I don’t see why people get worked up about Impastor. It’s entertainment. No one feels that it is a mirror of how things should be. Me, Oda, Yippy and others love the show!

21. I wish you could do the same, “talk smart about TV”. I am SO VERY DISAPPOINTED that this vile, vulgar show has been renewed. There is absolutely NOTHING GOOD about this show. I will be keeping track of all sponsors of this show and will be calling for boycotts of all their products. I am a credentialled member of the United States Press Association as well as the President of c-tas.org. A website devoted to rid the airwaves and the printed press of all profanity, sexual situations, the viewing of drug use and any and all LGBT images.

If you feel you must air this trash, please do it very late at night to protect our children and grandchildren. You will be in our prayers.

• rick says:

I totally agree impaster and teachers are the biggest bunch of trash I cant belive Viacom would want to show this gargage

22. Audrey says:

I love both “Jim Gaffigan” and “Impastor”. You have to have a good sense of humor to appreciate both shows. I feel that laughter is the best medicine. Everything in this world is so so crazy and serious. I watch these shows for medicinal purposes!
    Thanks for bringing both shows back!

23. dee dee says:

Sad about the Exes being cancelled. But very excited bout Younger Jim Gaffigan and Impastor.

• Ted Hill says:

Love THE IMPASTOR, YOUNGER & MC GAFFIGAN and I’m a hard to please guy….I don’t like the network’s sitcoms, but just LOVE the 3 shows I mentioned. Good news…

24. Glad Impastor is coming back, I like something that’s a little out there.

25. Donna says:

Impastor Is one funny show. So glad it’s coming back on

26. Lo Montigue says:

I just keep watching and praying that Impastor comes back! This the best sitcom to date.

27. John says:

I and my co workers absolutely love Impastor

28. Ted Hill says:

“The Impastor” is by far THE BEST show on TV – – well written and executed….I’m thrilled it’s coming back…..it’s my favorite TV show and I haven’t had one of those in 10 years. I’m sure it’ll catch on with higher ratings….many hit shows started off slow….give “The Impastor” a chance, it’s 100% wonderful, no, 110% wonderful. TED

29. Rita says:

Love impastor

30. CallMeMama says:

The Jim Gaffigan Show is the most stupid show on television. If this is all I have to watch, I’d rather watch paint dry. Seriously the worst show on tv to get a second season!!

31. Linda hodges says:

Have watched continuously to see when Impastor will be back!!! Absolutely love this show!!!