Fall TV Preview

Castle Season 8 Promo: Kate's Job Change, Rick's New Partner and More

The first full promo for Castle Season 8 (premiering Monday, Sept. 21 on ABC) covers all the bases, from changes on the professional front to a hint of personal drama.

Press play above (thanks to the industrious folks at YouTube.com/tvpromosdb) to witness Beckett’s mood on her first day as [spoiler], find out who Rick is now solving mysteries alongside, and get some first glimpses of new series regular Toks Olagundoye (as security specialist Hayley Shipton).

1. Bonnie says:

what a joke. this show should’ve been cancelled.

• rowan77 says:

Then don’t watch. I think shaking up is a good thing.

• Disappointed says:

Captain Beckett, Castle P.I., Alexis joining her Dad’s PI firm, Castle spends more time with a character other than Beckett, Beckett has a new “confidant”, sounds like a bit more than a shake up, and that’s not taking into account the likely Caskett break up, Seamus did say that it is a “very different show” in S8. Maybe you shouldn’t be encouraging people to stop watching if the show sheds another couple of million before the November sweeps on top of the drop last season.

• LM says:

What’s funny is that you took the time to write a lengthy jab, but didn’t stop to realize that the original poster probably never watched the show. Perhaps you should think before you post.

• georgee says:

Your right we will know by November if this is the last season of Castle. For seven season the whole show was built around Rick and Kate. But for some unknown reason ABC can not handle that. Once again going back to TVLine survey in June of this year 77% of the fans surveyed we wanted a Castle Baby, not another Ryan baby. Showrunner Winter said SOME of the fans want a Castle baby I guess 77% is not big enough number.Maybe it time to write the Chairman of the Board, just maybe we can get a answer or not .

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Gosh, I don’t recall ever running a poll here on a Caskett baby. Maybe you’re mixed up…?

UPDATE: Confirmed TVLine has never run such a poll. Appears to have been hosted by some fan site sort of place.

• Disappointed says:

Adding a Caskett baby to the mix before the series finale would be worse than anything we’re likely to get in S8, even Alexis sleuthing with her Dad. I would be very sceptical of a 77% in favour of such a thing going by the comments I’ve seen whenever the topic crops up. If anything would kill the core premise of a writer and his muse fighting crime it would be when the muse is desk bound with a bump. you could write it for Bones because she wasn’t the primary crime fighter. Captain Beckett at the precinct might be bad enough but a pregnant Beckett would be an even bigger yawn. In real life a couple of their age would obviously be seriously trying for kids if they decided they wanted them but in TV land realism often takes a back seat as “Castle” has demonstrated time and again. They didn’t even need to promote her just because that would be a logical step for her if they didn’t think they could write interesting stories. Benson isn’t doing a much different job after 15 or so seasons of L&O SVU and that show is still jogging along

• georgee says:

Matt I’m sorry to say Tvline did ask that question in June along with two other questions. I printed a copy of it.Go check

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Heya, champ — the CarterMatt website is not me. So….

• georgee says:

Yes Matt you are right sorry tvline was not the folks that took the survey. The Latin post,christiantoday and TV/Reality. You always say ask Matt, so are we going to be blessed with a Castle Baby in season 8? Sorry TvLine did not not do the survey, but there was a week long survey that the results stated that over 77% of the castle fans that took it wanted to see a Castle baby. And I’m sure ABC is aware of that survey. If not I’ll send them a copy.

• James says:

A baby is a sure sign of a show that’s run out of ideas and has gone on too long.

• Louis E. says:

James,a show that doesn’t allow characters to have babies when they logically would be is showing that it’s scared to change things even when they need it.

• Dmac says:

The new show runner has repeatedly said that Kate and Rick are not breaking up, their relationship is THE show.

• rowan77 says:

First off, this is likely the last season. Also shows need to evolve. It gets boring to keep doing and watching the same formula week after week. Beckett running things – at least for a while – if she’s stuck behind that desk, she will not last long. Alexis has to grow up and now she is. You need to get over yourself and your wish that nothing changes on the show. This has never been that kind of show.

• theresa delicot says:

Great promo…….Can’t wait for season eight to begin…..

Delicot

• LM says:

So you took the time to at least select this page, and possibly watch the promo, but you feel the show is a joke and should be cancelled. How often do you waste your time? You sure did here, if you don’t like the show.

• suzyku says:

I agree, don’t watch, you’re not forced!

2. EM says:

I have zero interest in watching Alexis solving crime with her dad that is like incest. Every Nathan and Molly scene is so awkward to watch.
    I’m excited to see who is after Beckett now and if castle tells that man where his wife is at

• ndixit says:

That is just so silly. Some of the sweetest scenes on the show have been about the Father-Daughter relationship. It was the bedrock of the formation of Castle’s characterization.

• DL says:

Yeah, I don’t get the Alexis hate. Only storyline of hers I ever disliked was Pi (and that was not her fault). I think Molly Quinn has great chemistry with Nathan Fillion and I have always enjoyed their onscreen dynamic. Bring on the father/daughter scenes, imo.

• ndixit says:

Exactly. I love Caskett myself, but anyone who says that Nathan and Molly don’t have sweet chemistry as Father and Daughter has not been watching the show or is just flat out biased.

• Louis E. says:

Yes,more Nathan-Molly scenes please!

• Disappointed says:

Alexis served a purpose in the earlier seasons, but now she’s grown up the writers don’t seem to know what to do with her. Couldn’t stand LFLD and in particular In Plane Sight. Didn’t Marlowe say that when Beckett and Castle built theory it was their foreplay, when Castle and Alexis do it it’s just YUK. She should be packed off to the other side of the country now with just occasional family visits. On top of some of what else could be happening this season this has really dampened my enthusiasm for S8, the rest of the promo was pretty interesting apart from that. No Caskett, no show. It seems Seamus is right that this is going to be a “very different show” and not the show I signed up for.

• Louis E. says:

While I desperately wish Blue Bloods had shipped Nicky off to a distant college,to return thoroughly made-over after a significant period,Alexis has been the grounding influence on Castle at home and she needs to stick around.

I think Caskett has been periodically overdone…it annoyed me that no other fling either of them had during the earlier seasons ever was given a chance.The idea that it should inexorably increase would doom the show,not fulfill it.

• Gaby says:

Bless you. The rest of the promo actually seemed interesting and got me a bit more into this season (not that *that* was hard, since I wasn’t excited for it at all), but Castle & Alexis solving crimes? Eww. No. That’s worse than Castle solving crimes with Hayley (which only feels like cheating, instead of incest). Let Alexis go, she has no purpose on the show anymore. Her relationship with Castle was great when she was a teen, but shouldn’t 20-something college students move out of their home at some point?

• Beckstle says:

Up until season six I agree about Alexis. Ever since then it’s been…weird.

• AnnieC says:

What was a sweet father/daughter relationship has turned into a clingy/unhealthy relationship. Castle should be encouraging Alexis to go out and find out what she wants in life not desperately begging her to move back home and work with him. It’s the worst of helicopter parenting. Add to that Alexis’ “know it all” and condescending attitude towards her dad and her character (not the actress) is now my least favorite on the show.

Solve a case, get a clue? She can’t even get a life.

• Just one thing says:

This is an unacceptably negative and WRONF opinion. Please re-watch the entire series, wait for this season to conclude, and try again.

• Annie says:

I can’t tell if you’re joking. FYI, I have seasons 1-6 on DVD and have watched the entire series run from beginning to end probably 6 times. I love the show. My opinion is what it is, not wrong and not changing it, take it or leave it.

I’m with ya, Annie. ;-)

• Mary says:

Solving crime with her dad is …”incest”??!! Sorry. that is just so stupid!!

• rowan77 says:

I have yet to see a single Castle/Alexis scene that is awkward to watch. They have a great father-daughter chemistry and always have. It was much talked about in the early seasons. Alexis going into the sleuthing as a career makes total sense. She’s as intuitive as her father and has almost always had a good head on her shoulders. I like that she finally has found something she likes to do.

• Disappointed says:

The show was supposed to be about Castle sleuthing with Beckett, guess that show ended with Hollander’s Woods.

• rowan77 says:

Shows grow and evolve. For 7 years Castle followed Beckett around. It got old. It got boring. It got creatively stagnant. When yo start writing a show you hope it lasts 5 years. 5 years is a great run. 8 years is amazing, but any show that hasn’t changed and grown (unless that’s the point of the show) limps out at the end.

3. Zia says:

Just hope they could have kept Penny in some capacity.. I liked her.. & the promo is seriously lacking Ryan/Espo..

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Looks like I’m giving up on Castle for good. What are the chances the series will end after eight seasons? Make it PTI-style.

• S. says:

I can only hope the people swearing they’ll never watch again (and it’s like a broken record at this point) will also stop posting about it in future if they do in fact give it up. It’s one thing to critique a show you pay attention to because that’s an informed opinion, but unfortunately not everybody will watch before griping. They’ll just read articles to vaguely keep up with it, get mad without ever seeing what they’re griping about, and then post snark below. I have no idea what “PTI-style” is.

• Just one thing says:

Looks like fortune-telling is contagious. Just as the Negative Nellies can predict S8, you seem capable of predicting their behavior. Right on.

• Louis E. says:

I’m annoyed by the pretense that a Detective can jump straight to Captain,but planning to stick with Castle.

However,when Revenge turned me from every-episode-viewer to never-again-viewer by having David Clarke be alive,I kept up hostile commenting until it was cancelled.If a show betrays you,staying mad about it is a legitimate course of action.

• KCC says:

Staying mad about anything is unhealthy (especially a TV show) not a legitimate course of action. Let it go and move on. Antagonizing people that still enjoy a show you’ve given up on is petty and spiteful.
          “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” – Reinhold Niebuhr

• rowan77 says:

I hate to break it to you, but your comments about Revenge did nothing to get it cancelled. It had everything to do with ratings and overseas sales and nothing to do with your griping on websites.

• Mark S says:

Yeah, right. You totally got that show cancelled!
          My god! Pretentious much?

• Louis E. says:

I did not say that my comments got the show cancelled,but that I continued to comment negatively about the show,and urge that it be cancelled for having revealed its basic premise to be a lie,from when that revelation was made until it did get cancelled…and I defended having such reactions to shows betraying the trust of their viewers.

• Dmac says:

Ah yes you were the one who caused it to be cancelled, I wondered who that was. It must be so amazing to know that you can get a show cancelled by hostile comments. You do know most show runners never read comment pages because of people like you?

5. Brad says:

Well it seems the general season story is about her

6. bill says:

Are they intentionally trying to ruin this show? I’ve never seen such an avalanche of WTF? spoilers that make me not want to watch at all. It seems like self-sabotage.

• AnnieC says:

Seriously, its as if the new show runners looked at which episodes did worst in ratings the last few years (Castle PI and the father/daughter episodes) and decided that was what they wanted to focus on. Makes no sense to me.

Where are Ryan and Espo? I’d much rather see them then Alexis and Hayley who I have absolutely no interest in.

7. Moi says:

I can’t imagine a partnership between Castle & Alexis lasting more than an episode or 2. She’s a fine peripheral character but she really should go to med school and become a forensic pathologist in her own right. She’s a natural.

This looks like it’s gonna be a fun season. I also hope they bring Gates back in some capacity. She was a great character, and it’s hard to imagine Beckett stuck behind a desk for more than a few episodes.

Naysayers, just say neigh, and gallop off into the sunset. Perhaps you could go on the Internet and make lots of money in your spare time instead of whinging, which is so very unattractive.

• Wow....... says:

I find it amazing, the constant b*tching being done, about how horrible the upcoming season is going to be–based on a 30 second PROMO!! Whew, glad I don’t base what I’ll watch in the new season on 30 whole freaking seconds–talk about short attention spans! Some of you are totally, unbelievable………

• S. says:

Amen. People find so much to hate when they only get a few seconds of information. The writers of these episodes are people who’ve written them in the past. There are gonna be ways for fun banter to happen with Castle and Alexis in the precinct instead of finding reasons for it to take place at home, but we’ve had a great time with the father/daughter dynamic on this series so far so it’s just a shift of situation, not something new out of whole cloth. The people showrunning have done some of our favorite episodes and definitely know the voice of the show. We’re fine. I highly recommend looking up Toks Olagundoye. There’s an hour long interview with her on Youtube (look up “Next Interview” and her name) and she sounds so fun, a really interesting person. Normally I wouldn’t watch that much of an interview with a person I don’t know anything about, but it was engaging because of her personality.

• Disappointed says:

Perhaps if you add it to the BTS info that has come out during the filming for the first four episodes, and the interviews with the showrunners and some of the cast you might understand better why some people have a bad feeling about this season as there hasn’t been much released to counter those feelings so far, and this doesn’t show Beckett with her new plucky sidekick, the techy guy, who becomes her “confidant” at the precinct and has been seen at locations with Beckett during 8×02 and 8×04 (When was Tory ever seen outside the precinct?), and Seamus did say that we can expect a “very different show”.
        The BTS stuff during filming did seem to show Alexis having a more prominent role and this seems to confirm it.

• Mags says:

Do you have links for these BTS info? I’d like to read up! Thanks.

• Disappointed says:

The interviews can be found on TV Line, GMMR, Entertainment Weekly, search for “Castle”. Check out #Castle on twitter for people who go to the location filming, and the writers, cast and crew’s twitter accounts. Sunkrish Bala has posted some of himself with Stana at several locations.

• Mark S says:

Here, here! Finally, someone speaking some sense!
        Way to go mate! Alot of miserable bastards on here.

• Just one thing says:

You know the difference between you Positive Pollies and the Negative Nellies? The Nellies manage to keep their opinions about the show.
      They don’t attack other people, name-call, or complain about the people who aren’t complaining.
      Newsflash, fellow (supposed) adults: People are gonna have different perspectives and they might even annoy you on the World Wide Web.
      But you know what you can do? SCROLL.

8. Babygate says:

I like it. And I can’t wait to see Toks in action. And the Castle / Molly partnership is hardly a surprise. We saw a foreshadow during the plane episode last season.

• S. says:

She seems really nice on Twitter, engages a lot with fans. People are gonna like Toks I think. If they don’t, it’s not due to her work. Can’t wait for the show to start.

• Beckstle says:

Liking an actress has nothing to do with liking the character or the onscreen situation. People do seem to have a problem with the fantasy verses reality thing. I happen to like the actress a lot as well. However, if you’ve ever seen a great actress in a bad movie you know it doesn’t change how you feel about the overall movie.

9. Luli says:

Ahhhhhh! I’m so excited! September 21st needs to come faster! Those Caskett scenes!!!!!! The promo!! I need more. So glad it’s coming back!

10. Kim says:

Now I am excited! Looks good and fresh! Castle is back soon!!!!

11. lame says:

Thirty second and the crazies can tell the entire season has gone to hell. How bout waiting for the premier two parter to make an educated evaluation, oh, I forgot that’s not what’s required to be a member of the marching and torch bearing society.

• Just one thing says:

You forgot our $50 annual dues and an ounce of blood from a baby unicorn.
      Marching and bearing torches should not be taken lightly.

• sigh says:

Isn’t the point of a promo to get you excited about the season? So I’m crazy if I’m not excited about anything I am seeing? I don’t want to watch Castle and Alexis work together. I miss the show I so enjoyed a few years ago. Nothing wrong with that.

12. ndixit says:

I seriously think the Castle tvline fans have completely lost it. I find much more saner and unbiased Castle fans on other board and forums. I think the fans on tvline absolutely refuse to even accept anything other than Caskett in any promotional material. There is constant bitching about any news on Castle that is not about Caskett. Its just a sad state of affairs. Its one thing to not like the potential direction of the show, but the sort of reaction shown on tvline is something else entirely.

• lame says:

Tvline is to be read with a sense of humor. Nobody is gonna jump off a bridge although it sounds that way. Haven’t read of a large number of corpses making their way down our water ways.

• S. says:

Not just that, even when they do get all Caskett, they gripe about what Caskett they get. After several seasons of precinct banter, the minute the two of them got together all you heard was whining about how they weren’t doing special scenes of them making out and cuddling back at the loft. As if that was the way to wrap up every episode, with a few minutes of screen time taking up a lot of money and filming hours for no reason other than to live out fan fiction. This was before the wedding fan drama. I mean we went so long with next to no physical contact and it was all gushy amongst the fandom. Then post-hookup they dare to keep professional in the workplace and the writers only write in love scenes that are relevant to the story. Egads.

• Mark S says:

Completely agree. The negativity on here before the season even starts is unbelievable. Generally, i laugh my head off at the OTT posters ranting and raving and share the comments with my circle of friends (all Castle fans) and we all have a good laugh at some of the stupid comments.

13. Kim says:

What the what is the bloody ” always” ring or bracelet???!!!!

14. N says:

I’m glad Castle is back!

15. Greg says:

It is simply insane if Alexis is Castle’s permanent partner! Don’t get me wrong, I love their relationship and their scenes are always really sweet, but I always hate shows when they decide that everyone needs to work or be in the same specific environment. She should have her own life and I really hope this is only for an episode or two

• lame says:

She will be recruited by Jackson Hunt and become a hit lady. Because of her sweet personality no one will ever guess.

• Annie says:

Agreed! Alexis needs to get her own life. Castle as a father was endearing becuse he wanted the best for his daughter. That means going out, experiencing life and finding her own path. There is nothing that makes me think that Alexis ever wanted to be a PI and doing little more than riding her dad’s coattails. And, can someone turn on the lights? These ultra dark episodes get to be a bit much.

• Court says:

Alexis seriously needs to get her own life. She is 21/22 year old woman. Now that she that age she needs to get her own life and not be attached to her dads hip. He can take care of himself. Father and daughter working together? Yuck. I’m all for Alexis giving her insight to helping castle solve crimes like in earlier seasons, but to have every episode be like 607 and 721 no thanks

16. Tom says:

The only positively reviewed promo you’d have on here is 30 second promo of them making out

17. DarkDefender says:

Although It had some clips from last season mixed in, I liked it. I am really looking forWard to this season.

18. Blurgh says:

I’d rather that Castle just assist Ryan and Esposito, but I am trying to keep an open mind about him partnering with Alexis.

• Evan says:

He is banned from working with the police… does no one remember this?

• DarkDefender says:

They reinstated him.. He has 1000 hours of community service to work off at the 12th precinct.

• Disappointed says:

But wasn’t one of the requirements that he did that by shadowing Beckett. LOL

• lkh says:

I understand the 1000 hours of community service DD, but as we know, there is over 2000 work hrs per year. Now even if it’s only 50% of that, he’s got to be done. However, in TV life, what is being contributed maybe 45 minutes a week, then we got several more seasons to go. :]

• lkh says:

actually, quick calculation that over 20 yrs, or 20 seasons–we’re all set.

• DarkDefender says:

I would love 5 more seasons of Castle, lkh. Absolutely love it. :D
            We do know that Rick avoids the paperwork, canvassing and actual police work.. So I’d say he chips in a couple hours on the days he isn’t writing (although, all procrastinations are welcome).. And he does a lot of sleeping in and waiting around for someone to call… So on average, I’m guessing no more that 10 hours a week.. He gets no credit for good behavior (ie: theory building at home over wine followed by creative Caskett-y sex) [zombie apocalypse or not] so 10 hours/week would = 100 weeks… So I’m going to take that as 100 more episodes – which works out great and gets us at least 5 more seasons.
            So yeah. Like where ha heads at… 5 more seasons of Castle is a good start!
            #Always

• lkh says:

:D. Well, DD since we’re just guessing, and my math isn’t what it always should be, I’m saying 10 hrs per week = 500 hrs per year–no? (with 2 weeks vacation-of course) So I’m only giving you 2 years and one is gone–uh oh. With 2 months out for disappearance time, we get a bit more.

• lkh says:

ah–I get it maybe, you’re using the 23 episodes to equal their ‘year’? Coffee time for me.

• Louis E. says:

Well,we only see 22 or so hours a year,so that would be about 40 more seasons,but can we figure out how many hours per episode he apparently works with the cops?

19. texmike says:

I’m looking forward to it. I don’t get all of the Castle hate on here. It must be the summer heat. Some people could use a chill pill.

• DarkDefender says:

PREACH

• Mark S says:

Amen bro.

• theresa delicot says:

One thing that gets me upset is the fact some people after judging all of the spoilers,promo and other key information have decided to up and quit watching the show all for the sake of change…

Delicot

• DarkDefender says:

Yet they hover around the articles, comment sections and fan sites to make sure we are all on notice that they are no longer going to watch.
          Seriously, without that constant reminder.., I’d have a hard time keeping track of how many people no longer watch Castle.
          I say, Spread the Castle love.. Always.

20. bill says:

The problem is that Castle and Beckett won’t be working cases together anymore as writer & detective. Beckett will be at the precinct while Castle will be working with Alexis or Hayley or whoever. Beckett and Castle will not be having as many scenes together as they did the first seven seasons. I watch this show for the Beckett-Castle interaction. Everthing else is secondary. No one is talking about having them “making out” constantly. They will not be interacting as much as before, period. That is a major change in the format of the show. Those who dislike this new direction have a very legitimate reason for being less than enthused with Season 8. They are not “whining” or demanding that Castle and Beckett have on-screen sex every episode. it amazes me that so many comment writers think anything and everything the showrunners decide to do is going to be great. There is nothing wrong with legitimate criticism of bonehead ideas that lessen the quality of a show.

• Gaby says:

Everything bill said. I’m here for Castle-Beckett (not necessarily Caskett), and it puts me off greatly seeing the new directions the show seems to be taking. *sigh*

• DarkDefender says:

In my opinion… Some of the spiciest Caskett scenes occurred during Castle’s PI time away from working cases directly with Beckett. They were on to something in season 7, when that dynamic changed. There are still some kinks to work out, but it is easier for them to be sexy Caskett when they are not at the PCT or on a crime scene (mid-investigation). They have to be more professional there.. And if every episode was bookended with some Casketty home life, the repetitive formula would probably get old fast.
      How about giving it a chance to see what they do with it?

• KCC says:

I don’t have any problem with anyone complaining about the “new” direction of the show AFTER we actually see that direction and how it is executed. I do have a problem with anyone forming an opinion after only seeing a 30 second promo clip of snippets from various scenes edited together.

• Just one thing says:

Apparently only Positive Pollies are allowed to form an opinion shortly after a 30-second trailer.
        The rest must “wait and see” by Order of the Law of Rainbows and Unicorns, Section Sparkle and Sunshine.

• KCC says:

What’s your problem? 8 of your 9 comments to this point have been about “Positive Pollies.” We get your point, no need to repeat it to everyone you disagree with.
          I haven’t said anything positive or negative about the clip or the upcoming season. I’m taking a wait and see attitude.

• Just one thing says:

All of the comments I’ve replied to are about one group of fans telling another group of fans what to think and say.
            There were so many examples to choose from this morning, I didn’t want to leave anyone out.

• KCC says:

Responding to a comment is not telling someone what to think or say. If it was, I could accuse you of that very thing. I made 2 comments you saw fit to respond to:
            1) The comment from Louis E. was: “I kept up hostile commenting until it (Revenge, not Castle) was cancelled. If a show betrays you,staying mad about it is a legitimate course of action.” I took exception to that view and said so (really?!? “betrayed” because a TV show doesn’t develop in the way he’d like.)
            2) The comment in this string from Bill predicting how the show will develop in the upcoming season and my response that we should wait and see how it develops before condemning it. I didn’t resort to name calling or snarky remarks about rainbows, unicorns and how sweet. I suspect you think you’re being clever or funny, but to me it borders on bullying and is intended to dissuade comments. I anticipate a response about me being thin-skinned, maybe I am. After your response to my first comment I wasn’t going to respond and let it go, but then you repeated yourself on my second comment and I’m taking it personally.

• Just one thing says:

You seriously make this too easy…
            Here’s some more of what you said to another poster above:
            ” Let it go and move on. Antagonizing people that still enjoy a show you’ve given up on is petty and spiteful.”
            That’s not telling people what to think or say?
            And part of your comment directly above:
            “I do have a problem with anyone forming an opinion after only seeing a 30 second promo clip of snippets from various scenes edited together.”
            So, unless the opinion formed from a 30-second trailer meant to tease the upcoming season is POSITIVE, you have a problem with it.
            Or am I supposed to believe you think people should have NO opinions about any promotional material?
            Because you can’t have both.

• No group is telling another what to think and say. Again if you don’t like where the season is headed fine. There is good reasoning that you might be right. But here’s the thing people have the ability to reply. People who are optimistic are also going to voice they’re opinions on why. That shouldn’t be seen as an attack b/c it’s not. Your white knight in shining armor crusade for people who honestly don’t need your help or feel attacked is getting old. Maybe you feel attacked because you share their opinion and have a pessimistic take on the upcoming season. That’s absolutely fine. Maybe you’re not secure in your opinion and that’s why you spend more time coming up with pass-aggressive snark then actually talking about the show.

• Just one thing says:

Are you new here? I talk about the show plenty at Comments de TVLine.
            When the trailer was posted here lady night, 50% posted negative comments and 50% posted positive. But the positive posters called negative posters names, told them to leave/stop watching the show, etc.
            The negative posters kept their comments to the show.
            I’m not going to question your reading comprehension, so I’m just going to assume you missed all those posts while you were hunting mine down.

• Dmac says:

So basically you’re on this site to offer a running commentary on other peoples comments and to call people ridiculous childish names and tell them how wrong they are without ever offering any opinions of your own. Of course why would you, it is much easier to critique and judge other people than to actually write anything of substance and to have them criticize you.

• Just one thing says:

Dmac, Dmac, Dmac. I’ve seen you before… I post here all the time with many opinions and thoughts on the show.
            I don’t have a track record of attacking people who simply disagree with me. I typically just tear their argument apart – sometimes unsuccessfully.
            It’s alright if you don’t remember me or my 100s of Castle comments over the last few years. I don’t think we run in the same crew, so that’s probably why.

• KCC says:

I stand by my opinion that someone posting negative comments about a show they stopped watching is being petty and spiteful and is done to antagonize people that actually watch and like a show or a misguided notion that it will get a show cancelled.
          Your point is taken about my responding to a negative comment. I should have made a new comment regarding my feelings on people judging the new season solely on a 30 second clip.
          Finally, your comment “You seriously make this too easy…” is condescending and unnecessarily combative as are many of your comments. Your aggressiveness and uncivil responses to many of the comments here make visiting the comments section of this site an unpleasant experience. You seem to be an intelligent person and can certainly make your points without being disrespectful.

21. Laura says:

Nathan always said that he loved his scenes with Susan and Molly the most. It looks like he finally got his wish to be partnered up with Molly as his fellow pseudo detective. I’ve never watched this show for the Castle/Alexis partnership. Guess I’ll have to find something else to watch on Mondays.

• Disappointed says:

Looks like the main pic on the ABC.go.com home page for the show was foreshadowing after all. If Caskett was the heart of the show wouldn’t you expect them to promote the two leads rather than Castle and his daughter. Perhaps they posted that when they thought they would be going into S8 without Stana and can’t be bothered to change it.

22. Ellen says:

Great promo!! I’m beyond excited for S8. I think the show needed a shake-up and I have no doubt that any Caskett split will be temporary.

23. ljd213 says:

I wanted to be wowed, I wasn’t.

• John NYC says:

To my eye no one ever puts much effort into throw away promo’s, surprised when they’re in focus let alone anything coherent: on an even lower level than movie trailers in their relationship to the actual finished show.

24. Andrea says:

This was a nice promo, intriguing but not giving too much away! I’m looking forward to S8! (I’m also not sure how so many people on here can judge an entire season based on 30 seconds of footage. I guess they have magical future knowing abilities!)

25. Castlefan says:

I think the promo looks fine apart from the suggestion that Alexis is Castle’s new partner – but from that short clip I don’t think that’s necessarily permanent, it could easily just be for one episode. This show is most fun when Beckett and Castle investigate together and giving Alexis a larger role in that would be a massive mistake: she should get on with her own life and visit occasionally. (If anything I think Martha would be a better choice for a larger investigative role.)

I’m disappointed by the lack of Captain Gates who added a lot of humour, and it looks as if Ryan’s family will be shown more, which I find tedious – but still really looking forward to the new season and I hope the new characters are interesting.

• Primum Non Nocere says:

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be for one episode as Molly/Alexis has been sighted on the filming of at least the first 3 episodes :-(
      I agree with about Martha..that would have been a hoot !
      What irritates me the most about Alexis in that clip is that she says she’s already solved FOUR cases apparently, which is more than her father (who has 7 years experience solving crime along with Beckett and the boys).
      I find this beyond stupid but sadly these days everyone is smarter than Castle and especially his 20 year old daughter *shrugs*

26. Brad says:

It’s preparing you for the blind item

27. What is a joke is trying to turn Alexis into a FAKE Veronica Mars working with her PI dad, Castle, in his PI office. Oh good season 8 is all about Alexis building incestious theory with her father – that is Castle and Beckett’s thing.

• lkh says:

Well, I smile at the idea of Veronica Mars (leaving out the FAKE and incestious(sic) wording ’cause I really enjoyed that show. But she was the main character with a supporting cast of characters and I don’t see that happening for Alexis or to Castle. A little Veronica would be ok though, eh?

28. Brad says:

Castle should divorce her she’s always lying to him and always on some personal drama he needs to go back to being a playboy

29. I`m saying it`s time for Alexis to have her own life without always having her father around to give him space. She`s 21 after all.

30. mike says:

loved the promo. The tarantula crawling across Rick’s face when he’s scared to death of spiders beautiful. And those of you complaining about alexis if you’ve ever watched this show you know that that’s a big part of this show. Castle trying to juggle his life around a daughter a mother and Beckett. As a father of two daughters I love the storyline Castle taking care of his daughter and loving his daughter. you guys just keep whining about the show but to us who love castle will keep watching it and be entertained by it.

31. ursula says:

I believe this show is setting up for a season nine without Beckett as Stana only signed a one year deal. Goodby Castle, Hello Castle PI. Not at all excited about the the changes this season but will watch before because I love the show. Change is a good thing but too much that changes the core of the show: CASKETT, is not.

32. Matthew Weber says:

Of course I’ll watch, but I’m very nervous about it. If it is as different as they’re saying, it might not be a good thing. But then there have been conflicting reports on that. One of the show runners say that it is still about the C/B love story, while there are other reports that say they are splitting up. My bet something else is going on.

As much as this show emulates Bones, do you think they might be doing something similar where the couple has to split up because of a blackmail plot? I hope not, as that really sucked on Bones.

• kmw says:

No I doubt Castle will bring on a cartoonish serial killer to put split in Castle and Beckett.( I guess this depends on what you think of Bracken) I believe if there is a split it will be professional only and probably not that long

33. JImN says:

Promos and peeks are always difficult to judge. Those pieces tend to be put together by a different group, not the production team. They use rough footage which may never appear in the final cut. Something that gets highlighted may never be any longer than it appears in the peek or promo.

• John NYC says:

Okay, that wasn’t bad. The father-daughter banter was fun to see return. Had a bit of early seasons feel.

Lot’s of people’s children go into “the family business”, so why not Alexis? Foreshadowed in that episode where she was stuck down in Evidence sorting stuff and she adopted finding the people in that photo book?

34. lkh says:

Well, periodically it appears as though we fall back into the trap of criticizing and attacking one another rather than focusing on the TV SHOW. What’s the point in that?

From my perspective, this is a habit that really dampens folks’ freedom to express themselves, unless of course, name calling and bullying is one’s goal.

For purposes of discussion, let’s put the Castle posting fans into manageable categories. I realize this can be apples and oranges, lumping and probably results in generalizations of unlike people. But let’s do it and we can tease out the details another time.

CATEGORY I. Folks who make a comment like ‘I love Castle’, ‘Can’t wait for Castle to start’, ‘More scenes with x’, etc. This is nice, nothing wrong at all, but in reality doesn’t open up an in depth exploration of the thoughts about the show–but maybe that’s not the goal. Now I hate to do this, because they are disparate, but I’m going to put another group here, ‘I hate this show’, “It should be cancelled’, ‘I’m never watching again’, etc. Both these Category I posters, that I have lumped together, really are providing a result such as a vote, ie, ‘nay’ or ‘yea’. That’s fine, but it may not stimulate much further discussion. But to their credit, they focus on the show, not on each other.

CATEGORY II. people who pay attention to the show and really want to discuss it’s components, it’s episodes in detail, pro and con, story development, etc. These folks want to go back and forth, argue perhaps, about what is happening in the show. Maybe the dialogue, the banter, maybe the acting, maybe the chemistry, the sets, supporting cast–you know, in general what is happening and what one thinks of what has been put together. Castle fans, Castle ‘watchers’ acting more like reviewers or critics, such persons who want to discuss their opinions and assessments with other category II members.

CATEGORY III. those who attack either of the above two categories generally with name calling, personal attacks, and so forth. Generally this attack is toward Category II, especially if they disagree and a subgroup of Category I (guess which one? :] ) What does this Category III group add to the discussion about Castle? Of course, they can say what they want, but often when they do post this way, other posters respond and the situation quickly-it seems-begins to deteriorate and becomes a back and forth of name calling and insults. How does this add to our interest, good or bad, about the TV SHOW that we all think about?

Anyway, do y’all think this habit can reverse itself? and we can go back to not attacking each other but have an adult discussion about, once again I say, a TV SHOW?

• Just one thing says:

Probably not. In a former life, I remember message boards demonstrating widespread unrest when there were groups who loved a show and groups who were mourning a show they once loved.

• lkh says:

JOT–I know what you’ve been trying to do–to reverse this trend through humor. Doesn’t seem to be working and you know I like the humor approach. Thought a lecture might help, but as you say it might not be successful. Fingers, toes, eyes crossed. :]

• Just one thing says:

I don’t mean to diminish what you said above. I just think there are those who still enjoy the show and want to follow news about it, remaining unencumbered by any negative posts – even when negative opinions aren’t attacking their livelihood or lineage.
          And that’s understandable, I guess.
          I mean, it demonstrates a rudimentary understanding of the interweb and the real world alike, but oh well…

35. NDFan says:

I’ve been on the fence about whether I should stop reading comments about Castle here… And this article finally pushed me over the edge. Castle and Alexis Incest??? Seriously??? And the name calling and snark from BOTH sides of the fandom (be it the “positive” or the “negative” ones…. Both “sides” have some pretty ignorant comments)…. It’s out of control and ridiculous. If I were Nathan or Stana I would be embarrassed that there are fans like this out there.

• lkh says:

Historically, this behavior has lessened and then will rear it’s ugly head. Don’t give up yet. It’s cyclical.

• NDFan says:

You’re right. And I know every show goes through this. But its so frustrating to read so much arguing over a TV show. We all have our likes and gripes about the show, why can’t we all discuss it while respecting others opinions? I know its naive to expect that to happen but ah well…

36. lkh says:

Would like to discuss the Alexis character. Not really my favorite character, but honestly, I did enjoy the Like Father, Life Daughter episode, not so much the season 7 Plane thing. Perhaps her growing up will improve the situation.

And, unlike some, I liked (maybe too strong a word) when Castle was a PI. Some parts too silly and actually what I liked most was his office and that elevator. It does put him back in competition with Beckett and the boys (and perhaps his daughter) and competitions such as these have been a big part of the dynamic. It appears like there will be a competition starting with the guys too.

For some of you, hold your breath, these shake ups generally only last 2-3 episodes. ;)

37. theresa delicot says:

Great promo……I can’t wait for the season to begin…….The only thing I don’t like is the fact that Alexis is now working with Castle as a P.I.

Delicot

38. lame says:

This is almost as entertaining as that freaking poster .Where’s my drum and torch? Winter/Hawley have till December to right the ship by that time the future will be evident.

39. I am so looking forward to seeing Castle and his daughter solve cases! Looks like a great season coming…

40. Fran says:

Glad Castle is back! Can’t wait for the new season!!!

41. Castle is like family, will be interesting to see how this different take is going to feel on us Caskett fans.

I’m still just a little leery and pissed after ABC canceled “Forever” when it showed itself to be one of the most beautifully done TV shows in a long time.

42. Mike Q says:

Even more decided that I’m not watching. Thanks, ABC. You’ve saved me an hour a week! (Actually two since Once Upon a Time is terrible now, too.)

43. JImN says:

Considering how Castle felt about doing the put-together with Beckett in Castle PI and how he felt about Alexis’s costume at the con in Final Frontier, I don’t expect the Castle-Alexis crime solving relationship to last long.

44. Mari says:

This is the first time I didn’t care if I owned the season 7 dvd. I reAlly saddened how they have been handling the CASKETT relationship they need the writers to watch other shows to write a married couple like CASKETT how to act like get smart but instead they have decided to change the dynamic of the show she might as well have stayed in the FBI Alexis was necessary in first 4 seasons but now it’s just SAD what does say about her and her goals to learn and grow and be her own person to evolve. Martha I love And she is following her own pursuits. I will miss the what the whole premise of what the show is About I just miss what they had in season 1

45. Terry says:

The end of season 7 rick was in an accident on their wedding day
    Please tell me you are still going to have kate and rick get married please don’t change that big fan of Castle love Kate and Rick together as couple and working together