Fall TV Preview
Scorpion Season 2

Scorpion First Look: Walter and Paige Get Close in Season 2 Premiere Photos

Now that Scorpion‘s Walter O’Brien has cheated death, he’s got another (and likely more harrowing) crisis on his hands: confronting his feelings for Paige.

When the CBS drama returns (Sept. 21, 9/8c), Walter will discover — via hospital footage — that Paige kissed him when he was knocked out on morphine. And judging by these newly released photos from the Season 2 premiere, there will be plenty of awkward tension in the air as the couple comes to terms with how they feel about each other.

Executive producer Nick Santora tells TVLine that a “complicated” relationship lies ahead for Walter and Paige. “Walter, of course, is very analytical and practical, and he and Paige decide, ‘OK, this is what we’re going to do now that we know this,'” he teases. “It’s something that’s going to reverberate throughout the season.”

One thing the lovebirds won’t have to worry about, at least in the foreseeable future? Paige’s baby daddy, Drew, who will remain on the East Coast to play baseball for the first half of Season 2. Adds EP Nick Wootton, “We haven’t written a story for [him] yet, but potentially in the back half of the season, we’ll bring him back.”

Scroll through the photos below — which also feature Alana De La Garza’s debut as Director of Homeland Security Adriana Molina — then hit the comments with your hopes for Scorpion‘s second season.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

Walter & Paige = TV’s newest shippers.

2. JC says:

I’m torn how I want the writers to handle #waige. I def don’t want to have to wait 5 seasons for aPaige and Water to be together, but I hope there’s some slow burn because Walter is not emotionally capable of having an relationship right now!!

• ComeOn says:

They kinda need to write that in, as they are hot and heavy in real life and that closeness have spill onto screen. And chemistry on screen is hard thing to come by.

3. Jaimie says:

I’m LOVING Waige. And I hope we don’t have to wait too long for them. I’m tired of all the shows dragging couples and making fans wait years and years for two people to get together. How about being more realistic and genuine? AND letting Waige get together at a normal pace? :) I’d love that. I’m SO HAPPY about their kiss in the new promo! So exciting! Their chemistry is fantastic!

4. Bella says:

I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with Walter and Paige. Is it a true connection or just a proximity and adrenaline thing? Alana is way too young to be Director of Homeland Security. Ridiculous.

• John NYC says:

Since there’s no such position in the real world (check the leadership webpage of the department, whose head, it being a CABINET LEVEL DEPARTMENT, is titled “Secretary”) she’s just the right age, maybe a tad overly attractive but that can fix that in post production.

5. karrie pittsburgh says:

Wait, the shippers are calling them ‘Waige’? Does that mean the shippers are ‘Waigers’? How Toby of them! : P

6. John NYC says:

AS Walter may be the least watchable character join that show (FAR too high on the jerk meter) for me I’m not all that thrilled. But overall I like the show so here’s hoping she knocks some of that pouting off him.

7. Emily says:

They kissed in the promo…

8. Roxanne says:

What happened to Walter’s hand or is that for real to actor?

9. J. Burnell says:

I really enjoyed every episode of Season 1, but the two new ones I have watched are a little “far out” . Is this just me because I may be older than most viewers?

• karrie pittsburgh says:

Yes, they are far out. I guess it depends on how you feel about watching a ‘live comic book’. It doesn’t seem as grounded this season as it did in the first, but then the characters are going through changes, so maybe that’s how it would be, as they find themselves.