Alison Sweeney Out Biggest Loser

Alison Sweeney Exits The Biggest Loser After 13-Season Run as Host

Alison Sweeney is dropping The Biggest Loser from her diet.

Sweeney’s decision comes after hosting NBC’s inspirational weight-loss/competition series for 13 consecutive cycles, having replaced Caroline Rhea in Season 4.

“After an incredible run together, Alison Sweeney will not be returning as host of The Biggest Loser next season,” the reality series’ producers said in a statement to Access Hollywood.

Since joining TBL in 2007, Sweeney has juggled the gig with her role as Days of Our Lives‘ Sami and the new Hallmark TV-movie franchise Murder She Baked.

TBL‘s most recent “Glory Days” cycle averaged 4.5 million weekly viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, down a solid 30 percent from Season 15.

1. Carla Krae says:

She’ll be hard to replace.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

With Alison Sweeney gone, what does this mean for the future of Biggest Loser?

3. webly3 says:

Didn’t she quit Days because she needed more time for TBL? I guess not.

• Nick says:

I would guess that she probably just needs a break. I can’t imagine juggling two full time gigs was a relaxing life.

• abby says:

I think she said she wanted more time with her family but made it sound like she intended to keep doing TBL (which I’d assume requires a fraction of the hours filming Days requires.) She may have decided she wanted a full break… or she may have been canned from TBL so wasn’t expecting this when she left Days.
      I’m not saying she has been fired just usually when anyone exits anything the intial reports make it sound like they quit when it’s later revealed that wasn’t the case so right now I’d say it’s debatable.

• James says:

She left Days to be with her family more. I think her leaving TBL had long been in the cards as well.

• mooshki says:

I think she’s probably hoping the Hallmark movies will take off and she’ll have a much more relaxed schedule.

4. Nana3 says:

I think they should get Laila Ali or maybe a former winner to host the show. She will be hard to be replaced because she was a great host for the show since she took over from Caroline Rhea.

5. Miffy says:

Read NBC’s press release. It’s pretty clear she didn’t quit – she was let go. The ratings for the last few cycles have been down, and she’s the fall guy.

6. Allison has always made watching her enjoy her work. Good Luck “Sammy” Love you!

7. Belle says:

Ah, that’s a bummer! I wish her the best, but will miss not seeing her on TV much anymore…first DOOL and now TBL :(

8. sunflower says:

She was the reason I was watching. With her and Jillian gone, show is not worth watching

9. Susan Cange says:

she has been doing interviews and said she wants to cut ties with everything she has done in the past and do new things. preferably the lifetime movies since she is into directing and producing them now.

10. Cheri H says:

Hate she’s leaving she was so relatable and seems very genuine. Best wishes. Hope it was her decision and not the networks to leave.

11. Alex says:

Honestly couldn’t care less about her. A host is a host to me. I just hope they don’t cancel the show. One of the only reality shows out there doing good things for people.

12. Mary Boven says:

Good for Allison Mary Boven

13. Judith A Smith says:

Really hate to see her leave. Jillian is gone too, so I probably wont be watching anymore. Bob will be taking over for Alison. I liked the competition between trainers for their teams.
    Too many changes in the show!

14. stacie says:

I always love seeing her on the show and now since she left the show. It won’t be the same with her and Julian on the show. Wish her the best of luck.

15. Janice P says:

I am really going to miss her. She was great and truly seemed to care about the contestants. I love the show because we get to watch people change their lives for the better right before our eyes.

16. Vivian says:

I’m really going to miss her. I still haven’t adjusted to DOOL without her. Not sure if I’m going to like the “new” look on TBL. Good Luck Alison!

17. Fran says:

Love Allison and will no longer watch this show. Really looking forward to her “Murder She Baked” series.

18. carla lanser says:

Please don’t leave I love watching you and the show…..

19. Allison seems to be such an approachable human being which made “The Biggest Loser” such a friendly show to watch. My family and I will continue to watch (excellent show) but Allison will be missed.

20. Debbie says:

Please Alison, COME BACK TO DAYS OF OUR LIVES, WE MISS YOU SOOOO MUCH.